• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

New Content Guild Battlegrounds

• Thread starter Deleted member 109369
  • Start date

DESYPETE

Lieutenant
i think in one action they could make this gbg a bit fairer all around if they got rid of sc support. that would soon sort out the real fighters from the 5 sc support types who amass huge points and gains all because of having support from sc, without it they will be lucky to do 100 fights a day, so come on inno get rid of them and open up this game a bit more, and i speak as someone who does gain big time from the sc support but i can see its really unfair the advantage it can give me over others,

DESYPETE

Lieutenant
Yeah that's the huge exploit part. I suppose where you got 260 fight cap for platinum was 2 sectors x 130 each? Still really high, just on estimate 260x10 days 2600 fights would be possible in platinum, 3200 fights on diamond, and 2000 fights on gold, following that idea. Insanely high totals still, considering with no attrition help or only modest help (1 or 2 camps) a fight limit of 50-100 per day is reality, and averaging 100 fights a day is 1100 fights by the end.

The Battleground farming is now worse than the GvG farming ever was. For those who don't know, GvG sectors only have 80 fights max possible, AND it costs to unlock slots and spend your own troops to fill it up, they're not automatic fights available like in Battlegrounds. Diamond league has 160 fights per sector and no one has to fill in troops for it. Farming Battlegrounds is literally twice the problem it was in GvG, but not being addressed. Maybe more than twice the problem, because in GvG farming, players did it for rank points and PvP tower score; farming Battlegrounds has a bigger incentive to abuse since players get diamonds, troops, fps, goods and all the rewards after each fight, plus the rank points and PvP tower score.

The GvG abuse was mostly "fixed" in 2016 by changing the rules to 1 release per sector per day so that guilds couldn't release the same sector over and over (up to 4 times per person) and kill it again for unlimited fights all day long. Guilds still found ways to farm sectors but that rule change stopped most of it. Farming was further fixed in 2019, when it was changed to be random troops whenever a sector is released in GvG, so that players couldn't pre-load a sector with champs and farm their merry little hearts out with easy auto battles for max points every day.

So there is some precedent that Innogames does care about farming, balance, and abuse of game features -- and yet this free attrition in Battlegrounds is allowed to go on with unlimited farming. Having 4 or 5 siege camps lined up in adjacent sectors leads to this: one person being able to solo farm multiple sectors every day for 11 days and get 2000-3000 fights (or MORE as pictured - that's over 300 fights per day average.) Makes a measly 80 fights of farming in GvG, even with all champs, look like child's play.
well said, it gets my back up big time, when i hear players boasting of how good they are ? but what are they good at ? farming in gvg sitting there all day long filling sectors each day ? wow amazing players arnt they ? then this gbg is like you say far worse as lets not forget the huge gains they make in fps etc to fill there greed, inno clearly must be happy with this greed its now presented as so many players all want high attacks and want to fight in gbg for all the prizes etc so inno have done well in that side for getting players away from farmville playing as gvg never got that kind of interest, but the problem remains that players with half a brain cell will rig things, fair play is long gone with the online gaming culture and the mind set, these players wouldnt like to play chess as its not fair to them as they can not cheat lol for my money i would get rid of gbs and sc camps and force players to have to fight manual again that would soon sort them out as without there auto button they would give up

Powe

Brigadier-General
well said, it gets my back up big time, when i hear players boasting of how good they are ? but what are they good at ? farming in gvg sitting there all day long filling sectors each day ? wow amazing players arnt they ? then this gbg is like you say far worse as lets not forget the huge gains they make in fps etc to fill there greed, inno clearly must be happy with this greed its now presented as so many players all want high attacks and want to fight in gbg for all the prizes etc so inno have done well in that side for getting players away from farmville playing as gvg never got that kind of interest, but the problem remains that players with half a brain cell will rig things, fair play is long gone with the online gaming culture and the mind set, these players wouldnt like to play chess as its not fair to them as they can not cheat lol for my money i would get rid of gbs and sc camps and force players to have to fight manual again that would soon sort them out as without there auto button they would give up
Get rid of GBs so thousands of dollars are lost? How many players do you think will quit over that?

I’d like to see a different solution to GBG. I hate the current set up. Too many teams “prep” sectors until its one away from levelling and everything sits stale. I’d like to see where if we want to challenge that sector that we not have to win 160 fights it that every fight we win removes one from their fights gained. That would push team to claim their sector and keep it protected for the 4 hours. If that doesn’t work, it like to see for every 10 minutes a sector sits “prepped” that you lose fights. I hate trying to get to the middle and constantly looking at it guilds working together to block the rest. Guilds are capped at 80 for a reason, why does FOE make it so easy for guilds to work together where it potentially becomes 160 players against a smaller guild of 40.

Ariana Erosaire

Chief Warrant Officer
You can't get rid of GB's... not sure what you meant? like make them not have effect in BG like they tried disabling AO's critical hit for the PvP arena that we all loved so much? LOL, that was some BS. The siege camps I think were the main point. Free attrition is what's leading to one player being able to march over many sectors alone - not much of a guild battle. This setup encourages people to be in small guilds in fact, or even solo, so they have less competition for who gets all the free battles!

The charm of the original battles and the chess-like moves is lost in the click fest, but that's something that broke in the game a long time ago, when auto battles became the norm and players started getting insane attack boosts and level 80 all GB's, with very little effort thanks to Arcs, and now BG farming forge points. It's not a challenge any more when everyone can get max unlimited everything - the challenge was where the fun was. The game has runaway inflation and is out of balance; it has been headed that way for a couple years now, but the Battleground and all the exploits of it just accelerated the problem. As I said a few posts back, it's worse than GvG farming ever was. Someone will always find a way to abuse the system, but you don't leave gaping holes big enough to drive a truck through.

This is what is making the game a grind; slow it down, more time off between seasons, close the exploits. Right now, it's all about time spent and how many clicks you can do, no strategy, no fun, no team either, really. Apparently on our server, the top ranked player is using a script to farm their recurring battle quests in SAAB gaining a fight count and score increase every 75 seconds - in which case you don't even need to be online to click. Zzzzzzzzzzz, so if you're number 1 on your server, what's the meaning of it? Biggest time waster or best programmable mouse skill?

Okay went through most of the threads now and also used the search function (after finally making it to register here and to no longer just talk to the support team about it) so I really hope I have not missed a similar discussion.

Anyway the point I want to discuss is the sector allocation in the GBG. Being in a big guild in my first world I never realized how unfairly they were allocated, but being in a young guild now as well I really noticed how unfair the sectors are allocated.
I understand that there is an algorithm to allocate the points and building places each sector gives, but feel like it would be fairer on every guild if not one guild would get only the low point sectors infront of them eg. A3 (41), A2 (74) and A1 (100), with only one building to be build on A3 and A2,
while another guild gets eg. B3 (70), B2 (114) and B1 (185), with minimum 2 or even 3 building spots.

Meaning that they not only get nearly more points if they have only two sectors compared to the other guild who has 3, but the other guild can't even compensate that with buildings.

So my discussion point in short is that I feel like it'd be great if inno could alter the algorithm to make 3 and 2 sectors contra flowing meaning that when one guild gets a bad outer sector (3) they would get a better inner sector (2). I would also suggest that the algorithm should tried to be improved in the way that bad sectors get more building spots (not less) to make it possible to guilds (if they can afford it) to compensate for the losses they make from getting less points on the same place of sector. #justASuggestion

Last edited:

OrionMnt

Corporal
Hello, I was told after another ticket about the garbage GbG system to try at the forum (" However there is no rules against guilds becoming allies in GbG. ", is there any hope here? I see a lot of pages, but no changes. Does anybody from the Devs/GMs even looks here?

Powe

Brigadier-General
Hello, I was told after another ticket about the garbage GbG system to try at the forum (" However there is no rules against guilds becoming allies in GbG. ", is there any hope here? I see a lot of pages, but no changes. Does anybody from the Devs/GMs even looks here?
Game moderators yes. Developers no.

OrionMnt

Corporal
If only they could make Guild Battlegrounds about actually battle-ing (but there is probably no way to prevent teaming up), probably even deleting SCs from the game woudnt stop like 2 giant guilds to lock the entire map, im surprised they actually cancelled PvP towers, why they listen about that, but GbG is still unchanged :?

r21r

Major-General
If only they could make Guild Battlegrounds about actually battle-ing (but there is probably no way to prevent teaming up), probably even deleting SCs from the game woudnt stop like 2 giant guilds to lock the entire map, im surprised they actually cancelled PvP towers, why they listen about that, but GbG is still unchanged :?
they will, soon all those big guilds will get matched with way weaker ones in diamond, unable to farm at the rates they did before.

FantasticMrFrank

Brigadier-General
Because GbG is a big money maker for them, more people are active in GbG and not many participated in the shambolic PvP

DESYPETE

Lieutenant
they listend about the pvp issue because players were ignoring the new game they brought en mass, they tried it once and then canceled it, and inno picked up on that in double quick time, so maybe us players have to do the same thing and stop playing gbg, leave the game to those guilds who can manipulate it so much, believe me once inno lose that big money taker as players dont bother with it they will soon take action,

Ariana Erosaire

Chief Warrant Officer

It needs a lot more players to respond that Battlegrounds isn't working for us as implemented; My last summary post about GBG issues got some 11 people to agree, but Inno will feel pretty confident to ignore a handful of people. I would add to that list that something needs to be done about pinning/prepping too, as others have suggested. A sector should not stay on 159/160 all day or for days, but there's easier things they can fix quickly like this list. There's enough issues identified, one needs to pick a place to start.

Get a picket sign and join us. Ask as many people as you can to come support these ideas or comment here. But you'd think you asked for a kidney donation to get people to stop complaining amongst themselves or in game threads and actually come to the forum where developers can see how many people want changes to make Battlegrounds enjoyable/playable rather than an exploit/grind/farm.

I Am The Cat

Private
Okay went through most of the threads now and also used the search function (after finally making it to register here and to no longer just talk to the support team about it) so I really hope I have not missed a similar discussion.

Anyway the point I want to discuss is the sector allocation in the GBG. Being in a big guild in my first world I never realized how unfairly they were allocated, but being in a young guild now as well I really noticed how unfair the sectors are allocated.
I understand that there is an algorithm to allocate the points and building places each sector gives, but feel like it would be fairer on every guild if not one guild would get only the low point sectors infront of them eg. A3 (41), A2 (74) and A1 (100), with only one building to be build on A3 and A2,
while another guild gets eg. B3 (70), B2 (114) and B1 (185), with minimum 2 or even 3 building spots.

Meaning that they not only get nearly more points if they have only two sectors compared to the other guild who has 3, but the other guild can't even compensate that with buildings.

So my discussion point in short is that I feel like it'd be great if inno could alter the algorithm to make 3 and 2 sectors contra flowing meaning that when one guild gets a bad outer sector (3) they would get a better inner sector (2). I would also suggest that the algorithm should tried to be improved in the way that bad sectors get more building spots (not less) to make it possible to guilds (if they can afford it) to compensate for the losses they make from getting less points on the same place of sector. #justASuggestion

Yes, I agree - the sector allocation in the GBG is ludicrously unfair. Hadn't noticed it til this time around when the highest sector I can start on is only worth 40 victory points. This compares to the neighbouring guild who are able to start on a sector worth 79 victory points. How on earth is that fair? Especially as I'm a one-person guild. Everyone should get the option of starting on a high value sector if they choose. If anything, the larger guilds should start out with the disadvantage of a crappy sector to even things up a bit. I've abandoned it this time as it's just not worth it.

dorocill

Corporal
Off topic, one question. What will Traz produce if there are no military units in the city, not even a rogue den but have unit producing event building ?
I could figure it out but it’ll cost me a store house.

gusofnl

Private
Been playing about 2 year's, GbG was new, I enjoyed it the competition and coordination needed for a guild to win, but this new Farming thing makes no sense takes away from the fun, in fact makes the GbG dull and boring...no point really just go to marked off sectores and bang away...I'd Rather play GvG...

gusofnl

Private
As for a longer Break, yeah Definitely needed , no way to keep up with the schedule as it stands right now...need more time between GVG GbG 7 day's to recover, prepare and replenish. People have RL stuff to do.......

I love the Game but there's a limit !