• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

New Content Guild Battlegrounds

• Thread starter Deleted member 109369
  • Start date
+1 burned out leader.

As a responsible leader of a high ranking guild, I felt responsible for making farming opportunities available to our members. But it never ends, and it's the same thing over and over and over again. There *needs* to be longer breaks between battleground seasons.

Leaders spend hours coordinating to provide opportunities to their members using the incredibly poor tool set provided by Inno. Inno haven't provided even the most basic information to assist leaders, such as who capped a sector. This leads to huge arguments at times and drama we don't need. The only way to identify culprits is to watch the map 24/7 using third party tools. This one problem could be solved so easily and it's incomprehensible to me why no effort has been made in this area. It's ridiculous.

Beyond this, battlegrounds themselves are the epitome of lazy design. Bolting tired combat and negotiation mechanics onto a map is lame. With no army management facilities, players are required to do multiple click and drag actions over and over and over again. Negotiations are no better. It's like completing the same crossword puzzle 100 times a day. The rewards are good but essentially we are being rewarded for mindlessly clicking buttons. It's like a bad experiment in a psych lab, not a game.

Multi server battleground would solve some problem of everyone having pre-baked alliances but won't solve the bigger problems, and it wouldn't take us long to start solving that problem also. As it stands now, leaders of strong guilds form alliances within hours of the battleground starting, and from there we proceed to lock down the map for the next 10 days. We may allow friendly guilds to have a taste of it from time to time to keep them in diamond league, though I remain unsure why they would want this. Other guilds totter between diamond and platinum as they easily win platinum with minimal activity, get promoted to diamond where they spend 10 days in a corner and get demoted, and repeat. The MMR system is weak because it does nothing to place guilds in brackets where they may face a challenge. If you add multi server then all we will do is see who races well at the start, contact those people to make alliances, and then adjust as we go. It would require a little more finesse but won't solve any of the underlying problems.

There are good moments in battleground, times where we race to cap a sector, or watch our allies do the same. Sometimes you can even pull off a little coup cutting off an adversary with a well planned surge. These moments are few and far between, and not sufficient to justify hours of tedium watching a map.

GE is the same dull clickfest. GvG is the same dull clickfest. Aiding guildies and friends is a dull clickfest. Etc etc. At the start of the game you have multiple resources to manage but by end game you hardly even need fp. My GB's are all at a point where it costs 2500 fp or more to add 1% combat, and I can much more easily just wait for a building in the AD or from an event to add far more combat - so it hardly seems worth the effort to collect fp or progress them further at all. Adding more levels to Arc and Chateau are purely vanity projects with no reasonable chance of return. These are underlying problems in the game that aren't caused by battleground, but I mention it here is because the never ending drain of battleground makes us active players assess why we are playing at all, and reveals the hollow core of the end game especially.

IMHO Inno need to spend less time adding features no one asked for and don't add value to the things players do every day. They need to spend more time listening to the community, and start innovating new challenges for players that don't require even more time clicking. The events sometimes meet this end, but often we just see the same problems present there and an abundance of evidence that feedback from players on beta is just ignored, and we end up with half baked event ideas with deep flaws pushed on us in the seemingly never ending push to get diamonds from players. I'd offer suggestions on how to fix some of these problems but no one is listening.

Regards,
DeletedUser117610

Ancient Egypt Quick Start Guide
So true :rolleyes:

Add me to the list of burned out leaders. This is the second summer in a row that I’ve taken a step back from daily managing so I could enjoy the game again. I liked GbG more when it was actually competitive and we were all figuring it out. For a few weeks, it was great. Then the big guilds, my guild included, figured out how to turn it into a farming area and all the fun disappeared. I enjoyed figuring out alliances before. Now as soon as a new board opens, I know immediately who will be grouped with whom. As such, in addition to what Ariana proposed, we need to add some element of surprise to it. Either there’s no way of knowing which guilds we’re playing against, or it’s open between worlds, too.

If we did that I'd suggest removing buildings altogether. Because without Siege Camps you'd get double attrition on top of additional advances. It just wouldn't be worth playing if you can't capture a province after a guild has it due to everything being too high a goal.
I would really like to see that as now you have players avoiding fights unless there's siege camps and those who exploit GBG to farm thousands of battles.

No one is making me play this game and I have zero concerns about the leader of my guild, I have a high-level Traz, and our treasury is full so we can technically build these stupid GbG buildings whenever we want. I just don't enjoy the nastiness and greed that come out with GbG, it is boring and stressful to meet the same guilds over and over, and yes, the stress is mainly because of the directing that is 24/7 for as long as GbG runs. Removing GbG or removing the buildings, plus a longer break would be nice, but true, boycotting GbG would be another way to go about this. I saw entire boards boycotted by all but one guild, and that might be the way to go. GbG brings out the worst in people, it can be and is being abused as farming-grounds due to the buildings, and it is boring and stressful at the same time. I cannot remember the game being like this before GbG started.

This game was relaxing and fun. After GBG was added it turned into infinite stress. Constant need to think will enemy attack and cut your advances or will you finish a sector on time and you must be online at exactly the right moment when game demands you to be. Not really doable if you work 8 or 9 hours a day, then rush home and first thing you do is spend 2 hours in GBG without having a chance to eat or take a shower because otherwise you lose your progress on a sector.

Add me to the list of --- I don't give a care what foe does anymore -- I spent over 6 years playing this game.
in the 1st 2 it was fun -- waiting for an event was fun -- and so on.

Now -- what does it matter -- events flow like water -- boosts are offered that have little or no effect.
The team is looking for ways to negate or even eliminate the GB boosts.

I don't give a care(use a better noun) what foe does anymore.

Cuthwolf

Captain
After GBG was added it turned into infinite stress. Constant need to think will enemy attack and cut your advances or will you finish a sector on time and you must be online at exactly the right moment when game demands you to be.
One person's stress is another's excitement. For me: the best part of the game is the excitement of GbG races to take a sector before ours is taken; the fun lasts longer than the recalc time GvG frenzy and doesn't have the frustrating reboots. I say this, though, as someone who works from home and can dip into GbG two or three times during my working day.

This game was relaxing and fun. After GBG was added it turned into infinite stress. Constant need to think will enemy attack and cut your advances or will you finish a sector on time and you must be online at exactly the right moment when game demands you to be. Not really doable if you work 8 or 9 hours a day, then rush home and first thing you do is spend 2 hours in GBG without having a chance to eat or take a shower because otherwise you lose your progress on a sector.

Everyone who is being stressed is a stress that is being Self-Imposed --- I'm certain "The Stressed" will disagree - but - what else is new.
I seriously doubt these Stressed could even have fun in a pillow fight these days -- Your pillow is bigger than mine, his pillow is heavier than mine, & so on.

So ► To Re-Iterate:

One person's stress is another's excitement. For me: the best part of the game is the excitement of GbG races to take a sector before ours is taken; the fun lasts longer than the recalc time GvG frenzy and doesn't have the frustrating reboots. I say this, though, as someone who works from home and can dip into GbG two or three times during my working day.

Racing for sectors is fun when you can actually be online in that specific time. I mostly can't until late afternoon and evenings and knowing that your guild lost by a slight margin and that they would have won if you were there is very frustrating!

Everyone who is being stressed is a stress that is being Self-Imposed --- I'm certain "The Stressed" will disagree - but - what else is new.
I seriously doubt these Stressed could even have fun in a pillow fight these days -- Your pillow is bigger than mine, his pillow is heavier than mine, & so on.

So ► To Re-Iterate:

It's being imposed by GBG. You not giving a "better noun" about everything makes you not care what happens and that's ok. But others actually care about their game and perhaps you should, as otherwise there's no reason for you to make ridiculous assumptions and comparisons on a level which drunk person would.

It's not my imagination that you are stressed out - is it -- You declare it -- who is doing that to you
It's not my imagination that you Need to change the game - is it -- You declare it -- The fact is I Do Care - but --
the endless whining is ruining the game --- and why -- this idea that somehow the game is stressing you out, taking to much time to play, keep all your little, low ranked players happy with a parade of siege camps - what else have I left out.

It's not my imagination that you are stressed out - is it -- You declare it -- who is doing that to you
It's not my imagination that you Need to change the game - is it -- You declare it -- The fact is I Do Care - but --
the endless whining is ruining the game --- and why -- this idea that somehow the game is stressing you out, taking to much time to play, keep all your little, low ranked players happy with a parade of siege camps - what else have I left out.

What are - - you trying to say? I do not - - get your idea as it is - - too interrupted by - -.

Also get over your self.

When PvA was introduced - there was no mistaking it was a bad feaure - a few hundred responses in minutes

GbG is just a bunch of incapables that can't handle it -- could it be you are completely stressed out
You don't do much of anything except to insult others that disagree with you - it's typical these days

When PvA was introduced - there was no mistaking it was a bad feaure - a few hundred responses in minutes

GbG is just a bunch of incapables that can't handle it -- could it be you are completely stressed out
You don't do much of anything except to insult others that disagree with you - it's typical these days

You go about this forum and mock whoever you get the chance. And now you're the one calling me out for that? Hypocrisy at its finest.

It's always funny to see how people who mock others will go nuts as soon as they feel the taste of their own medicine and play this card. If you can't take it then don't do it to others!

Ariana Erosaire

Chief Warrant Officer
LOL going around mocking whatever is suggested has a name - it's called trolling. Internet trolls are nothing new unfortunately, but they do get in the way of actual discussion, filling the board space with swamp stew and discouraging anyone from speaking up for fear of getting mocked with their terrible troll breath! :hide:

PvP arena was immediately obvious as a mistake and didn't work at all. GbG has taken longer to reach the breaking point. It's the kind of thing that was good for a couple of months, while we figured it out and still had somewhere to go with leagues, not knowing we were all going to end up sitting around on max MMR and subject to a constant grind and an exploit with the free attrition. If not for the pandemic giving people more time to play, GBG would have been a problem sooner, it has been a problem for months actually; I just wasn't angry enough to start complaining publicly. :mad: Now I am.

Burn all the leaders out and the game will end, and you'll see more Battleground seasons where no one fights and nothing moves. I see the likes and replies of about 30 people. I'll keep going, maybe we can get real about the issues. Most people want more time off between seasons seems to be universal, and most people think the free attrition is BS even if they've also exploited it. So what about it, is anyone from Inno getting any of this? I'm told the forum is really our only avenue. How many people do I have to drive to the forum to post about this before someone with authority notices?

Last edited by a moderator:
So what about it, is anyone from Inno getting any of this? I'm told the forum is really our only avenue. How many people do I have to drive to the forum to post about this before someone with authority notices?
That's the thing, Ariana. We don't know if any of this is passed on. We get nothing back. Has it been forwarded? Is it received? Are they listening? Are they working on it? What's going on?
So we post the same things over and over, because we don't know, if anyone got the message, or if anything is being done about it.
Is there anybody OUT there?

Any Empire

Sergeant
IMHO Inno need to spend less time adding features no one asked for and don't add value to the things players do every day. They need to spend more time listening to the community, and start innovating new challenges for players that don't require even more time clicking.
Absolutely