• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

New Content Guild Battlegrounds

• Thread starter Deleted member 109369
  • Start date

Ariana Erosaire

Chief Warrant Officer
I'm running out of creative ways to keep this topic flowing, but there are serious issues with Battlegrounds that need to be addressed, and I don't hear the chorus it needs to be to get someone to take this seriously who can actually do something about it. So here I go again.

-Every guild with a pulse ends up on Max MMR, leagues are meaningless (and boring - same match ups over and over)
-Guild prizes for places are all so similar it doesn't matter who "wins," only who can "farm" the most personal rewards for 11 days.
-3 days off is not enough break between seasons. Players burn out.
-free attrition is a huge exploit that needs to be closed, why fight unless you can fight for free?
-building times are too long (none should be more than 4 hours)

This all continues to be a big problem, its a giant farm instead of a fun competition; no one's proving anything except how many hours a day they can click and how much they can spend on camps to farm more.

Goremise

Lieutenant-General
A lot of problems could be solved by them making is Xserver, I know they don't want to but would be grand haha, would just need to make sure no one can fight themselves from the same 2 servers, like what happens in GE sometimes.

Cause its def quite boring when the war ends and it becomes a farm, we've seem to have beaten the top guild now on S, lost a lot of personal motivation to play gbg cause I never really cared about farming it, was more fun when it was a good fight.

You are right on the max mmr though, interesting that really, everyone will end up in diamond eventually

DeletedUser

I'm having fun with it:P
GBG volcano.jpg

more and more solo 1 man guilds entering diamond :(
0 competition :((

Where? - Not in world-A -- Every GbG in world-A is a competitive season (from my perspective in Platinum).
My current GbG is a field littered with SC's - 2 & 3 per sector - LOL -- truly adding to the challenge.

As a One-Man-Guild -- that's the fun -- and of course watching these guilds keeping their Lilliputians fed with siege camps - that's a real hoot.

No wonder "These Leaders" are stressed out - where oh where can I get the 1000's of goods needed to keep my Lilliputians fed - LOL

I know - let's just shorten the time span to 4 days maybe that will help my hungry Lilliputians or let's get rid of SC's or ..... These are the suggestions presented by "Guild Leaders"

If your guild is financing 30 Lilliputian members with 3-5 high end members - So Be It..

None of these types suggestions solve the "Exploit Problems" of GbG.

This idea of "Where are all the Chorus People" as stated above -- they are not here because they are not.

Many of us have stated our ideas as to how to address the "Exploit Problems" but some here are confusing "Power Guilds" as with "Lilliputian Guilds" It is not an exploit to beat an opposing guild of Lilliputians!

If a guild of Lilliputians makes their way to Diamond league, that's great; if they can't hold it because of a lack of resources, that's too bad. If that causes stress - that's tough. Those that are "Stressing Out" should here themselves --- Stressing out over a game -- what's wrong with that statement?

The only real solution is to have penalties for exploiting the game which would require an algorithm to detect exploits.

Ariana Erosaire

Chief Warrant Officer
I think of an easy solution --
There should be a cap, a ceiling, so that no one is allowed to do more than 260 (for platinum) encounters a day.

View attachment 22001
Yeah that's the huge exploit part. I suppose where you got 260 fight cap for platinum was 2 sectors x 130 each? Still really high, just on estimate 260x10 days 2600 fights would be possible in platinum, 3200 fights on diamond, and 2000 fights on gold, following that idea. Insanely high totals still, considering with no attrition help or only modest help (1 or 2 camps) a fight limit of 50-100 per day is reality, and averaging 100 fights a day is 1100 fights by the end.

The Battleground farming is now worse than the GvG farming ever was. For those who don't know, GvG sectors only have 80 fights max possible, AND it costs to unlock slots and spend your own troops to fill it up, they're not automatic fights available like in Battlegrounds. Diamond league has 160 fights per sector and no one has to fill in troops for it. Farming Battlegrounds is literally twice the problem it was in GvG, but not being addressed. Maybe more than twice the problem, because in GvG farming, players did it for rank points and PvP tower score; farming Battlegrounds has a bigger incentive to abuse since players get diamonds, troops, fps, goods and all the rewards after each fight, plus the rank points and PvP tower score.

The GvG abuse was mostly "fixed" in 2016 by changing the rules to 1 release per sector per day so that guilds couldn't release the same sector over and over (up to 4 times per person) and kill it again for unlimited fights all day long. Guilds still found ways to farm sectors but that rule change stopped most of it. Farming was further fixed in 2019, when it was changed to be random troops whenever a sector is released in GvG, so that players couldn't pre-load a sector with champs and farm their merry little hearts out with easy auto battles for max points every day.

So there is some precedent that Innogames does care about farming, balance, and abuse of game features -- and yet this free attrition in Battlegrounds is allowed to go on with unlimited farming. Having 4 or 5 siege camps lined up in adjacent sectors leads to this: one person being able to solo farm multiple sectors every day for 11 days and get 2000-3000 fights (or MORE as pictured - that's over 300 fights per day average.) Makes a measly 80 fights of farming in GvG, even with all champs, look like child's play.

Last edited:

Powe

Brigadier-General
Yeah that's the huge exploit part. I suppose where you got 260 fight cap for platinum was 2 sectors x 130 each? Still really high, just on estimate 260x10 days 2600 fights would be possible in platinum, 3200 fights on diamond, and 2000 fights on gold, following that idea. Insanely high totals still, considering with no attrition help or only modest help (1 or 2 camps) a fight limit of 50-100 per day is reality, and averaging 100 fights a day is 1100 fights by the end.

The Battleground farming is now worse than the GvG farming ever was. For those who don't know, GvG sectors only have 80 fights max possible, AND it costs to unlock slots and spend your own troops to fill it up, they're not automatic fights available like in Battlegrounds. Diamond league has 160 fights per sector and no one has to fill in troops for it. Farming Battlegrounds is literally twice the problem it was in GvG, but not being addressed. Maybe more than twice the problem, because in GvG farming, players did it for rank points and PvP tower score; farming Battlegrounds has a bigger incentive to abuse since players get diamonds, troops, fps, goods and all the rewards after each fight, plus the rank points and PvP tower score.

The GvG abuse was mostly "fixed" in 2016 by changing the rules to 1 release per sector per day so that guilds couldn't release the same sector over and over (up to 4 times per person) and kill it again for unlimited fights all day long. Guilds still found ways to farm sectors but that rule change stopped most of it. Farming was further fixed in 2019, when it was changed to be random troops whenever a sector is released in GvG, so that players couldn't pre-load a sector with champs and farm their merry little hearts out with easy auto battles for max points every day.

So there is some precedent that Innogames does care about farming, balance, and abuse of game features -- and yet this free attrition in Battlegrounds is allowed to go on with unlimited farming. Having 4 or 5 siege camps lined up in adjacent sectors leads to this: one person being able to solo farm multiple sectors every day for 11 days and get 2000-3000 fights (or MORE as pictured - that's over 300 fights per day average.) Makes a measly 80 fights of farming in GvG, even with all champs, look like child's play.
Innogames is letting it go on because they get diamonds from it.

Zeratul 2.0

Lieutenant Colonel
Everything is locked and routinely repeats every 4 hours... I can't bre:hide:eze...

2020-10-03 10_06_22-Forge of Empires.png

I'd like to review my idea which I think again and it's not bad, not bad at all --

The Base Camp (or "Starting Location") should function as a natural, granted, Siege Camp -- a Super Siege Camp actually (48% chance of not increasing attrition when working on the three sectors adjacent to a guild's starting location). This would help the little guilds gain some maneuverability and prevent them from being completely blocked and wiped out. and curb the big guys a little, and prevent them from being bored with all the swapping among themselves; and thereby bring more balance and dynamics (/more appeal for participation) to the Guild BattleGround.

Summary -- Proposing the Starting Location to Function as One Super Siege Camp to Balance the GBG

Last edited:

pharl

Corporal
BG is just lousy to play. We're in the same boat - everything is locked up by 2 guilds and you can barely get off base. What's the point of even trying to do something in there. The greedy have ruined what's supposed to be a good element to the game. FoE are doing nothing about it due to diamonds/cost.

Zeratul 2.0

Lieutenant Colonel
Looks a bit like our map this season :-/
Looks like green and red have a swap deal running...
Support your idea :)

Wow, support. I'm now embarrassed. New findings -- intellect and smartness cannot survive without criticism...

Just as my idea is about the "starting location", it is more of a "starting idea" and it is a superficial fix to the apparent problem that meets the eye. It is only a hint "have you ever thought of this" or "don't forget this little odds and ends sort of thing". The effect of the proposal according to my calculation ought to be minimal as is the effort to implement it, also minimal.

Then of course there is the other option, that is to keep the status quo, nothing to be done, and in the meanwhile to allow people such as we to keep on complaining about it. The complaints -- they are part of the game now. Brilliant, is the strategy! It works, like a charm. My keen observation in the life has in fact already captured a phenomenon -- Complainers do not want fix. Complainers want to keep the things broken and keep on complaining, and let others shoulder the burden and blame. Complaining is their, or our, way of life... Question - how's this mine observation? 8-)