• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

New Content Guild Battlegrounds

• Thread starter Deleted member 109369
  • Start date

Knight of ICE

Devs doesn't care about that (balancing) there are several decent ideas that would remove/reduce the brainless 24/7 farm/abuse but that will make the game less played and they (the devs) want the game to be played 24/7 - they achieved that will the current format of GbG

Do you know many devs to come to that conclusion?

OrionMnt

Corporal
I know devs from other games (even have 2 on skype, talked about balancing for their games in the past) but the pattern there was the same, as long it brings money/play time, it is good for the game, it doesn't matter if it is not balanced for everyone

Knight of ICE

I know devs from other games (even have 2 on skype, talked about balancing for their games in the past) but the pattern there was the same, as long it brings money/play time, it is good for the game, it doesn't matter if it is not balanced for everyone

I know some car salesmen. Cause they like to paint a better picture about the car every car salesman does.

Paladiac the Pure

Major-General
Why asking questions when you won't respect/believe the answer then?
Maybe give an answer, instead of just giving your opinion. Your opinion is not an answer, other than using your opinion to create an answer. Problem is, unless you really know what is happening, you do not have an answer, you can only have your opinion, and perhaps mixed with other peoples opinions. Again, not an answer, just an opinion.
Perhaps the biggest problem is, if you do not know the difference between "knowing something" and "thinking you know something". 2 very different items.

Emberguard

Legend
If they cared about balancing GbG, they would make it balanced for everyone
That’s just it. everyone has a different idea on what “balanced for everyone” looks like. In a way it already is balanced for everyone: we have leagues and positioning that determine who you’re placed against and with what amount of advances per province.

Could it be done differently? Sure. Could it be done perfectly in a way that allows everyone no matter what skillset and capability to competitively compete? Highly unlikely, when you cater to everyone you end up catering to no one. You can’t control free will and those who are naturally adept at the game will always do better

Some players want to be placed against different guilds each time
Others want to feel like they’re closely matched
You can’t have both without also having a replacement of the same capabilities and those closest matched end up thinking they should be leagues apart anyway

Cuthwolf

Captain
This round of GbG (diamond) all 8 guilds have agreed a policy of -

No deleting SCs
No defensive buildings
No taking the sector in front of a guild's HQ

It has settled into a tidal pattern of ebb and flow where everyone gets a slice of the pie. Not all strong guilds want to crush the weak, cooperation is possible..

FantasticMrFrank

Brigadier-General
When diamonds are being spent on speeding up Province buildings why would Inno want to change it?. GbG has always been from the first season for the strongest guilds to be rewarded well, You can chose to play in diamond, platinum,Gold,Silver, or Bronze league, the only balance is you will find your place with guilds of similar lvl..If the siege camps were removed it would not make much difference only making it more difficult for smaller guilds to have more rewards.

Tokyme

Private
Hmm - I would like to think that I sit on the fence most off my life and try to see things from both sides.
And in saying that, once again ... let’s look at the game before and after GBG.
Before GBG = various little exploits that seemed, through channels such as this forum, to have crept under the skin of those that ‘did not have’ what others did:
A high Arc
A high CF
Well established diamond farms
and so on
All of them ultimately the rocking horse debate about the have’s and the have not’s and what is arguably deemed unfair advantage or whatever.
None of these actively prevented others from progressing ... ie:
You have a high Arc and I don’t, so you take a spot at 1.9 and get your FP back ... that does not prevent me from taking that spot at a huge FP loss should I choose to do so.
You have a high CF and can RQ your way to thousands of goods via 40/50 goods per relevant RQ to trade for FP ... that does not prevent me from working twice as hard with my lower CF via 15/20 goods per relevant RQ to also trade my goods for FP.
You have a thousand wishing wells in your diamond farms allowing you to win multiple event buildings ... that does not prevent me from winning one myself or buying diamonds with real money should I choose to.
And so on and so forth.
After GBG = hello hello hello, look at this little gem ... regardless of whether or not we are drawn against strong or weak guilds, we just do this little spam trick and we can swap sectors every 4hrs for 10 days and earn 10 000+ forge points and guess what else, by doing this the players that cannot orchestrate their real lives around this game WILL be shut out and unable to play the feature (pretty much) so this feature is ours and we will dictate how it works.
If Inno are happy to stand behind this and not willing to admit an issue then that is that and the writing is officially on the wall for us all to see ... but as far as I am concerned this is an unintentional flaw that is being exploited, quite obviously whether you like it or not.
Most here know this ready whether they live with it or not, so perhaps the true debate should come down to a very wide spread vote (ie. not just the regular trolls) in terms of, from a high level, is the 159/160 swap swap spam trick fine and we just live with it and move on with our lives ... or is it a flaw that needs to be addressed.
How it is addressed and who benefits or loses as a result of any prospective change is a matter for a different debate, but speaking for myself and our guild, the voice that needs to be heard democratically is surely:
a. The current format sucks
b. The current format is fine

r21r

Major-General
i personaly farmed over 100.000 Forge Points and idk how many diamonds during the last 4-5 rounds, by using the alliances or not, took a look at the last posts and i will say that other than the League Points System, which is flawed and brings weaker Guilds to Leagues they don't have the manpower to be (and ends up frastrating) i do not see any other "problem".
players will always find a way to bring the game to their needs, call it alliances or agreements, or whatever, they will end up in that direction for their personal ingame benefits ofc.

what inno could do, is put the guilds that want that kind of gamestyle in a special league, which will not affect the smaller guilds so competition will be more interesting.

I remember the 1st 12 Diamond Maps, which where 10/12 or 11/12 1 single Diamond map if i am not mistaken, we used to create sides with 2-3 guilds and battle for our slot in Diamond which made it (idk if it was fun for the people who couldn't do 10.000 Battles, but for the people who love the Battle aspect was a joy) Fun.

After that 12th round, diamond maps increased in numbers, and at the moment are 4~6 in my world.
Ever since then, nobody has the chance to Battle, as all Strong Guilds are Divided the most times, with result to have maps without actual competetition (more like "Free-Farm" if they meet another Guild of their Strength)

I saw the Devs doing Changes in the Past, i also understand the capabilites of the community, so trying to be realistic, the players who would enjoy the "Farm" part, are for sure more, but maybe then, why "battle-grounds" ?

Cross-world (though will be unbalanced cause of the way different life-time of the worlds) sounded like a good idea in this thread, and another one i liked was a brand new separated tier.

won't be much active for the next months, but i spent a year of mine in this game, and i think that a lot of things can be improved (on which part idk, Devs know better !) - for Sure, Swaping Sectors and pushing 20 times weaker guilds into 4th ring ain't strategy, is pure "none-competition" impo.

cheers

DESYPETE

Lieutenant
.If the siege camps were removed it would not make much difference only making it more difficult for smaller guilds to have more rewards

rubbish if the siege camps were removed, it would surely stop all the big hitters making huge scores, how many players would be willing to do 1000s of fights if it wasnt for the goodies they can expect back ? get rid of siege camps and they will be limited to 100 fights a day or there about, which means they can all do the same amount of fights give or take, which should bring a more balenced competition, it would also mean guilds would need a lot of players in there side rather than small guilds so the numbers would matter and every guild memeber who can fight would be a valuable asset

rubbish if the siege camps were removed, it would surely stop all the big hitters making huge scores, how many players would be willing to do 1000s of fights if it wasnt for the goodies they can expect back ? get rid of siege camps and they will be limited to 100 fights a day or there about, which means they can all do the same amount of fights give or take, which should bring a more balenced competition, it would also mean guilds would need a lot of players in there side rather than small guilds so the numbers would matter and every guild memeber who can fight would be a valuable asset
No, it will be the same. The strong players will remain strong, and the weak players will remain weak, as long as the conditions are the same for all players. A weak player can't suddenly become balanced with a strong player, unless you give the weak player some benefits the strong player doesn't have. Giving weak players benefits the strong players don't have would be unfair and unbalanced though.
The problem is the unbalanced match of strong and weak guilds

Last edited:

DESYPETE

Lieutenant
No, it will be the same. The strong players will remain strong, and the weak players will remain weak, as long as the conditions are the same for all players. A weak player can't suddenly become balanced with a strong player, unless you give the weak player some benefits the strong player doesn't have. Giving weak players benefits the strong players don't have would be unfair and unbalanced though.
you have me confused ? what do you class as a weak player ? most weak players will be in the lower divisions. i am not looking for a balence bettween strong or weak players, i am looking to stop all these loop holes that players are abusing, and if you remove the need for 1000s of fights by removing there gains its a win, weak players will not have a chance every of doing 1000s of fights,

i am looking to stop all these loop holes that players are abusing
I don't see siege camps or guild alliances or province swapping or "blocking" or whatever some players complain about as loopholes that can be exploited. I see them as tactical "tools" you can use on the battleground. All guilds have the same "tools" and options available. It's not unfair or unbalanced. Nothing wrong with the tools or the tactical dispositions guilds make. Bad guild matching makes it unfair and unbalanced.

Last edited:

Bastious

Private
All I know is the league we were put in as Gold the winner ran over all the rest of us. That guild was 15 provinces above any others and the closest was 3. Something is wrong with either the selection process or the algorithym that chooses the guilds.

Emberguard

Legend
All I know is the league we were put in as Gold the winner ran over all the rest of us. That guild was 15 provinces above any others and the closest was 3. Something is wrong with either the selection process or the algorithym that chooses the guilds.
How good or bad the selection process is really would depend on how often what you describe occurs and the reasons behind it. Any performance based system (no matter how good or bad) will have instances of what you described for those that don't have past performance to work off of. Anyone starting out in a new guild or who hasn't been doing GBG until recently is going to be at the bottom and have to work their way up the ladder. How often are you being "run over" in Gold league?

Something like this?

Screenshot_20201121-070340_Forge of Empires.jpg

@Bastious my guild had a couple of bad rounds and now we're in the bottom half of platinum where we have now been matched against guilds of similar size and level. You can't get much fairer than that but the result is the map above