• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

New Content Guild Battlegrounds Update 2023 Feedback Thread

vfrmark

Master Corporal
The discussion is not about which is better GVG or GBG but a serious flaw in the rankings. If we view the points gained and ignore a single win against the 996th plus the 997th, 998 etc guilds the result would be very different. Today if you are one of the top 3 guilds you will get lots of fights against weaker guilds and keep getting wins, however if your in top 4-16 guilds you will always get matched with a top 3 and thus end with no wins even though you did 20x more fights then a guild which won 1 Victory v's sides outside the top 990 other guilds.
GVG ranking is based on sectors held at reset, so directly reflects the fights in the past, GBG today reflects 1st the Victories won and ignores if this was won against opposition from outside the top 1000 guilds even. My guild is listed below a guild which has never won in diamond and only fought there 4 times v's our 55 diamond league starts and 30 wins, we even have 6 times more fight points despite never wining a Victory because we always get a top 3 guild to fight. My issue is not that we get a top 3 (it would be nice to fight 5-10 for a change) but that Inno ranks guilds much weaker than us above us in the rankings because they won a very very weak Victory.
Something is wrong here.

(Edit: replace Championship with Victories)

Last edited:

Agent327

Overlord
The discussion is not about which is better GVG or GBG but a serious flaw in the rankings. If we view the points gained and ignore a single win against the 996th plus the 997th, 998 etc guilds the result would be very different. Today if you are one of the top 3 guilds you will get lots of fights against weaker guilds and keep getting wins, however if your in top 4-16 guilds you will always get matched with a top 3 and thus end with no wins even though you did 20x more fights then a guild which won 1 championship v's sides outside the top 990 other guilds.
GVG ranking is based on sectors held at reset, so directly reflects the fights in the past, GBG reflects 1st the championships won and ignores if this was won against opposition from outside the top 1000 guilds even. My guild is listed below a guild which has never won in diamond and only fought there 4 times v's our 55 diamond league starts and 30 wins, we even have 6 times more fight points despite never wining a championship because we always get a top 3 guild to fight. My issue is not that we get a top 3 (it would be nice to fight 5-10 for a change) but that Inno ranks guilds much weaker than us above us in the rankings because they won a very very weak championship.
Something is wrong here.

There are two possible flaws in your reasoning. I seriously doubt there are 1000 guilds on any world, no matter what server, but if there are, feel free to tell us what server that is. Also we are on our first championship and no guild has won that yet, so any claims about the number of championships your guild has won is a bogus claim.

Deleted member 127677

No it isn't. It is problematic for you, but you seem to think you are talking for everybody else.
Your interpretation, you’re entitled to it. If you don’t want to hear it, that is also your prerogative.

There are two possible flaws in your reasoning. I seriously doubt there are 1000 guilds on any world, no matter what server, but if there are, feel free to tell us what server that is. Also we are on our first championship and no guild has won that yet, so any claims about the number of championships your guild has won is a bogus claim.
It’s obvious the player is referring to guilds with league points under 1000. And is precisely what has been addressed above that comment too. Maybe give people the benefit of the doubt and ask rather than immediately go to say that their claims are bogus. Maybe also provide some feedback of your own, based on your observation of the past four seasons, it must be of interest to everyone else.

Years of practice. So what world has 1000 guilds?
You probably are out of practice. EN09 has over 4000 guilds. I expect it’s not the only one.

Last edited by a moderator:

Agent327

Overlord
It’s obvious the player is referring to guilds with league points under 1000.

If that was the case I do not think he would mention the 996th plus the 997th, 998 etc guilds. Not very likely you will find these in league points but considering his other comments I think you might be right.

Maybe also provide some feedback of your own, based on your observation of the past four seasons, it must be of interest to everyone else.

I think I have done that. I even quoted you on it.

harold mouse

Corporal
If a guild with 10 players beats a guild with 70 the 10 player guild is the active one. Something that was already happening in GBG and GvG. That's how much rank has always meant.
That may be true within GBG, but it is not true in the rankings. This is why the current ranking system is a farce. Ranking for the top three guilds in our world does show the guilds who do most in GBG. The next places are taken by guilds who need to have done very little to yo-yo between lower diamond and 1000LP league. The fact that they will be demoted the next season and replaced by other similarly weak guilds just illustrates the absurdity of the current ranking table. It says nothing about what rank means.

Nor did it happen in GvG. We were No1 for 54 days during about 10 months that we even played GvG, and at that point I am not sure that we were even top ten in terms of hit power. That was different though. GvG was about the power of diplomacy, the futility of war, and careful management of the treasury. The important thing in GvG was to be able to hold your position by doing as little as possible. But that was what the structure of GvG encouraged. Not so in GBG, where one does need to be active to hold a place in 1000LP league, and guilds who can't do that are promoted in the rankings for being unable to compete.

Last edited:

Ev4ma

Captain
Inno, can you make winning the championship not luck based and at least at the end make the top 8 guilds compete against each other to win the championship?

KDS-33

Private
A player with 10 fights/negos can get all 3,000 fragments for the Champion Tower. This is a joke when compared to thos that burn attrition every day having 3,000 fight/negos and more. The number of fragments to receive should be LIMITED to the number of fights/negos - to make this fair play to everyone.

Deleted member 127677

A player with 10 fights/negos can get all 3,000 fragments for the Champion Tower. This is a joke when compared to thos that burn attrition every day having 3,000 fight/negos and more. The number of fragments to receive should be LIMITED to the number of fights/negos - to make this fair play to everyone.
Isn’t it up to your guild whether you allow people not to contribute?

Isn't it nice that you can help your weaker and less active guildmates grow stronger? Maybe it will encourage them to be more active in GBG. How does that affect you in any negative way? You don't lose anything.
Tower of champions also donates guild goods. The more of them you have in the guild, the better it is for the treasury. If non-GBG players in the guild build them, it helps the GBG fighters.

Last edited:

papashakes

Corporal
I'm liking it.. new is good keeps it interesting.. learning ways to maximise the attrition available in the guild and get the best use out of it.. 3 of us recently left a top 4 guild due to RL and started our own to take a break from the 11 days of crazy every fortnight lol.. we've got 360 attrition between us so we can hold our own in platinum but diam will be a challenge if we make it as not enough in the treasury as yet and we have to beat some diam/plat yoyo guilds to get there..

I see some complaints about "it's just the same getting stuck our base" well what about the alternate season when you drop down and do well enough to move back up with the bigger guilds again?

you want to know how guilds can control a map.. yes numbers and achievable attrition help but most important is commitment.. setting alarms for when sectors open.. being part of a team that's rostered to cover 24/7.. having good map watchers that can call sectors as they become available.. having a message system outside of the game to call for support and get it for races.. commitment..

anyway guys n girls (and those that identify otherwise) everything changes.. go with the flow, learn, give some constructive feed back.. it's just a game enjoy it :)

Last edited:

cnorton

Private
you want to know how guilds can control a map.. yes numbers and achievable attrition help buy most important is commitment.. setting alarms for when sectors open.. being part of a team that's rostered to cover 24/7.. having good map watchers that can call sectors as they become available.. having a message system outside of the game to call for support and get it for races.. commitment..

Well said. :) In short, one has to be a nut case :) :) :)

Maikeru

Private
I have another question which I will label as the ugly truth because it is ugly it is the truth and I really can't wait to see the response to this.

Since when has winning GBG all come down to those who have the most diamonds win the round?

I await your response.

Maikeru

Private
Since the start of GBG. Probably you did not notice it before.
Not got into a mega fight until this round which i am loving i might add and the guild we are up against in all fairness is just using all the tools provided to them but overall my point to inno is simple. Is this really where the game is going? You want the equivalent of £5 for me to dime 2x towers. Oh and the black Friday sale 669 for a reno kit. I'll take 20. Off topic that a little but i guess the point i am making here is this. Inno if you don't stop messing with this game and make it all about money all you will have left is those that did pay and i would say 80% of the game will walk out by Easter at this rate. My advice review your prices and take this option away so we can have a fair fight with each other. And to be clear this is no dig at those paying or the guild we face doing so because they are just playing there game but i do feel that the overall victory of the round has been bought and that's just not fair to the rest of the guilds here who fight just as hard if not harder. Hope Someone up stairs is reading all this and that this is not the end of the free game that many of us love so much.

Agent327

Overlord
Inno if you don't stop messing with this game and make it all about money all you will have left is those that did pay and i would say 80% of the game will walk out by Easter at this rate. My advice review your prices and take this option away so we can have a fair fight with each other.

Do you have any idea how many comments like this have been made since the start of the game? Only thing new is the 80% you mention and that is so far over the top that it can not be taken serious. Fact is those prices work, cause players are paying them. Same as guilds and players use diamonds to dominate GBG. As long as they do, they determine how the game will develope itself and not you. Your advice does not mean a thing as long as reality shows you have no clue what you are talking about.

Maikeru

Private
Do you have any idea how many comments like this have been made since the start of the game? Only thing new is the 80% you mention and that is so far over the top that it can not be taken serious. Fact is those prices work, cause players are paying them. Same as guilds and players use diamonds to dominate GBG. As long as they do, they determine how the game will develope itself and not you. Your advice does not mean a thing as long as reality shows you have no clue what you are talking about.
LMAO well look at you go.

What a winner you are I have no clue what i am talking about. Your as priceless as the over inflated prices Inno are asking for the game.

All you need to do is buy a load of diamonds and yes you to can be the GBG winner round after round.

Makes me smile that guilds are paying close to £100 a day to win.

Oh so your saying there's more fools out there like you paying to win GBG? Wow that's as funny as your assessment that those prices work. Whatever floats your boat. Its your money lol.

Enjoy feeding the machine and inno my hat is off you you. Looks like you have found some right morons who are more than happy to pay your over inflated prices. I can think of much better things to do with £5 that buy diamonds for 2 top tier towers lmao.

Ahh well shame where the games gone I will sit back and watch as it all unfolds.

P.S inno remember this. I may not be spending a penny but i am extracting hundreds a day out of others for you. Your Welcome :-)

LMAO well look at you go.

What a winner you are I have no clue what i am talking about. Your as priceless as the over inflated prices Inno are asking for the game.

All you need to do is buy a load of diamonds and yes you to can be the GBG winner round after round.

Makes me smile that guilds are paying close to £100 a day to win.

Oh so your saying there's more fools out there like you paying to win GBG? Wow that's as funny as your assessment that those prices work. Whatever floats your boat. Its your money lol.

Enjoy feeding the machine and inno my hat is off you you. Looks like you have found some right morons who are more than happy to pay your over inflated prices. I can think of much better things to do with £5 that buy diamonds for 2 top tier towers lmao.

Ahh well shame where the games gone I will sit back and watch as it all unfolds.

P.S inno remember this. I may not be spending a penny but i am extracting hundreds a day out of others for you. Your Welcome :-)
You don't need to pay any RL money to do well in GBG - or in the game in general. Yes, in GBG you need guild goods for buildings and maybe diamonds to rush them, but you don't have to BUY anything to get what you need.

papashakes

Corporal
I have another question which I will label as the ugly truth because it is ugly it is the truth and I really can't wait to see the response to this.

Since when has winning GBG all come down to those who have the most diamonds win the round?

I await your response.
my response is lololololol.. as knight of Ice said probably from the beginning of the gbg.. which you should know yourself since you're in a top 4 guild and in SAT.. nice city by the way although probably time to change out some of the old event buildings for the new :)

I'm pretty sure we were up against you a couple of seasons ago and your guild diamd their way across the map in half an hour..lol

and your other comments all referring to the cost of things in this game and how Inno will lose "80%" of players are a joke they know exactly what % are spending$ and I guarantee you it's way more than 20%..

you don't have to buy diamonds with dollars or pounds.. you can earn them in quests, farm worlds, GE4 worlds and wait on oh yes GbG as well.. I've picked up 1500 this month so far.. how I use them and if I decide to purchase more is up to me.. a choice.. I'm just glad that Inno allows peeps to play this game for free.. it's freakin awesome :)

Last edited: