• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

New Content Guild Battlegrounds Update 2023 Feedback Thread

Kev-

Private
Regarding Kyrael’s recent announcement concerning addressing GbG feedback. I like the new changes and think they are a big improvement on the previous system, but what wasn’t covered in the “Addressing feedback” announcement was:
Are any of our suggestions being considered? Such as the suggestion by several players, that players should be able to donate diamonds to the guild treasury, so that the cost of “instant building” could be shared amongst guild members, instead of just individual players.
Essentially the response was giving us the finger we've read the feedback whilst there are issues we'll ignore you and carry on regardless. Obviously feedback here being treat the same as Beta feedback and poll.

KDS-33

Private
Are any of our suggestions being considered? Such as the suggestion by several players, that players should be able to donate diamonds to the guild treasury, so that the cost of “instant building” could be shared amongst guild members, instead of just individual players.
If your suggestion involves "more" diamonds to be spent, it will be considered. Else, your suggestion goes into the shredder.

Mysty.

Private
in the announcement just made "Under the new system, each Championship will span across 6 battleground seasons. The guilds you will compete against in your Championship will remain the same throughout these 6 seasons". what does this mean ?

Lafawnduh

Private
I have been active in the US forum but will share my experiences there as well as in EN server. Space era cities fare much better with attrition. Anything below that is able to take much less attrition. FE city - 1400/1400ish at/def 115 AO and I could go 8 to 10 fights before having to replace half my troops when at 0 attrition. That city could easily get to 100 but now only can get to about 75 or 80. SAAB city? was able to do 19 fights before replacing just one troop - that att/def is 1500/1300 AO 113. PE city with over 1k att/800 def 69 AO (that's the next GB to level btw)? barely made 60. PME city is still growing as I don't have quite as much time but previously could reach about 50 attrition and can barely get to 35 with the changes. So the lower era players do not fare as well. I polled guild members and they shared the lack of being able to reach previous attrition levels even with the 80% reduction.

Diamond rewards? for 1800 fights I got a whopping 2 in one city.

RoyalBob

Private
Here's my feedback after 1 season, although I get the feeling that it's a wasted exercise as far as the game designers are concerned:
When the changes were announced as starting in Beta I felt that they would vastly improve the chances of the biggest guilds to control the map even more than they already did in Diamond League. I'm in a guild of three players and where we used to have a chance to get to the middle ranks and have a chance to stay in DL for another season and enjoy the higher rewards, now the chances of an extended visit to DL are next to impossible. In that first season the guild with 80 members had all but four of the sectors locked when I logged in around mid morning (UK time). The sectors surrounding our base had buildings adding 'extra advances required'. As soon as the sectors unlocked they were taken up by the second largest guild (65 members) and the buildings replaced. At no stage during the entire season did we manage to fight our way more than one sector out from our base before that sector immediately fell to one of the top two guilds after it unlocked. We are not new players, two of us are in Titan and we have all played the game for many years but with so few of us to fight and the amount of battles required for each sector so high, we couldn't make any headway. I'm the lowest player in fighting ability in the guild and can reach attrition of 70-75% and my total fights is around 1K per season. The others have higher att/def than me and can reach higher limits than I can but I feel that I was right in expecting the changes to solidify the stranglehold the top few guilds had on the GBG. It's completely taken any fun out of the game for me personally.
I've read through the feedback pages before adding my two-pennyworth so please save your breath before anyone offers the opinion that we should; a. get more players or b. dissolve the guild and join a bigger guild. I've been in big guilds as a standard member, a leader and as a founder. The stresses in a big guild are the equivalent of herding cats and real life has enough stresses to be going on with. This is a game I play for relaxation and enjoyment, not stress and disappointment.
Unless the designers can introduce a system of equalising the size of guilds in the championship in each league, in a similar manner to the GE, all I can forsee is an unbalanced game where players are penalised for wishing to remain in a small, compact guild where friendships are as important as performance.

Ludicrous

Private
Here's my feedback after 1 season, although I get the feeling that it's a wasted exercise as far as the game designers are concerned:
When the changes were announced as starting in Beta I felt that they would vastly improve the chances of the biggest guilds to control the map even more than they already did in Diamond League. I'm in a guild of three players and where we used to have a chance to get to the middle ranks and have a chance to stay in DL for another season and enjoy the higher rewards, now the chances of an extended visit to DL are next to impossible. In that first season the guild with 80 members had all but four of the sectors locked when I logged in around mid morning (UK time). The sectors surrounding our base had buildings adding 'extra advances required'. As soon as the sectors unlocked they were taken up by the second largest guild (65 members) and the buildings replaced. At no stage during the entire season did we manage to fight our way more than one sector out from our base before that sector immediately fell to one of the top two guilds after it unlocked. We are not new players, two of us are in Titan and we have all played the game for many years but with so few of us to fight and the amount of battles required for each sector so high, we couldn't make any headway. I'm the lowest player in fighting ability in the guild and can reach attrition of 70-75% and my total fights is around 1K per season. The others have higher att/def than me and can reach higher limits than I can but I feel that I was right in expecting the changes to solidify the stranglehold the top few guilds had on the GBG. It's completely taken any fun out of the game for me personally.
I've read through the feedback pages before adding my two-pennyworth so please save your breath before anyone offers the opinion that we should; a. get more players or b. dissolve the guild and join a bigger guild. I've been in big guilds as a standard member, a leader and as a founder. The stresses in a big guild are the equivalent of herding cats and real life has enough stresses to be going on with. This is a game I play for relaxation and enjoyment, not stress and disappointment.
Unless the designers can introduce a system of equalising the size of guilds in the championship in each league, in a similar manner to the GE, all I can forsee is an unbalanced game where players are penalised for wishing to remain in a small, compact guild where friendships are as important as performance.
Indeed. We are a guild of just over 20 at the moment, but because we box above our weight, we are always in contests with much larger guilds of 60-70 players... no chance! So whatever Inno has up its sleeve, it needs to sort out the matching which takes no account of guild size.
Also, the attrition cap was supposed to make it easier to fight, according to their 'apology' this morning. In reality it means even heavy hitters can no longer take a sector on their own, and the wear and tear on goods and troops is unsustainable in a smaller guild.
Whilst it will be good for all those playing on devices to be able to participate fully, Inno yet again, has not thought this through and the GBG update is a total yawnfest of clicktrition. They didn't need to increase the number of battles per sector. That's a total time sink and very tedious for those of us who hope for more actual 'fun'. Not much fun in getting whupped by guilds 3x the size, and then you're expected to pay for it - pay to win that is - which defeats the whole purpose of the game.

My experience overall was positive...had a huge uptake in participants within our guild with at least 10 players having +1k fights. This is a significant uptake for our guild which usually saw 2 or 3 main contributors with the top 20 or so being sub 300 and many choosing not to play at all. We had a nail-biting close to the season, battling out with another guild until the last hrs. I can't remember a competitive season like that in the past.
Also, I kinda enjoyed not spending multiple hrs each day watching/managing the map and churning thru fights.
Aside from a few details which need to be ironed out eg: base building costs (smaller, less endowed guilds are at a distinct disadvantage) & guild matching etc....I think the changes have succeeded in their ability to gain greater involvement from players who would otherwise pass or barely contribute.
It's a tick from me.

Steve.D70

Corporal
If the buildings cost a lot more to finish early with diamonds then there should be a way to donate diamonds into the guild treasury so that one person doesn't have to spend 250 diamonds or whatever the cost is and obviously we need to see who has donated how many diamonds too.

Just reposting this as I believe and obviously others do too that this should be implemented.

Estipar

Chief Warrant Officer
I don't know where you get that. I am in a small Guild. In Diamond we used to get boxed in and I could not do the 160 fights to get us out on my own. Now if we get boxed in I can get at least 2 and sometimes 3 sectors that keep us boxed in on my own and I do not consider myself to be a heavy hitter. It has made it a lot easier to get out from home base.
Come and witness it yourself on Thursday morning..Map will be fully taken in < 10 Mins (That's an optimistic estimate).. Not fun based on my experience. Still locked in for 10 days, with the occasional escape during the Night if you are lucky

Last edited by a moderator:

Kev-

Private
Try fighting two or three huge fighting guilds using Bots and Scripts in Diamond League and let me know how that works out for you :) Come and witness it yourself on Thursday morning..Map will be fully taken in < 10 Mins (That's an optimistic estimate).. Not fun based on my experience. Still locked in for 10 days, with the occasional escape during the Night if you are lucky
Just wait until the big hitters have their towers, added stats and 400 goods per day per tower into treasury. It'll only get worse for you guys, but don't worry Inno will still have their fingers in their ears going la la la i can't hear you :)

Estipar

Chief Warrant Officer
Just wait until the big hitters have their towers, added stats and 400 goods per day per tower into treasury. It'll only get worse for you guys, but don't worry Inno will still have their fingers in their ears going la la la i can't hear you :)
Its ok we will drop back down to Platinum League after this one ::cool:: .. and the bounce up and down, makes me dizzy :zzz:

chimasuji

Private
the new changes make strong guilds even stronger and weaker guilds to die sooner
result? more people quit, some fight like dogs, and in the end no more players enjoying the game and server shut down.

at least do not increase the advances from 160 to over 200 or even 250 - smaller guilds just can't compete
also, as reward you can give resource buildings to provide more goods/ fps/ diamonds to the winning guilds - why still giving more attack/defense boosts to further create imbalance among guilds? this makes no sense to weak players as they can never catch up in the race.

"Secondly we wished for more balanced participation among guild members, so everyone has the chance to participate. Our data after the first Guild Battlegrounds season after the change already implies, that this goal has been achieved....Our goal was to create a more balanced experience where all members of a guild can actively participate in Guild Battlegrounds."

1) I fail to see how making battles harder gives everyone the chance to participate. If I have a 0% chance of my attrition going up vs a 20% chance of my attrition going up, I have a better chance of participating with 0%.
2) Your data after the first GbG season isn't significant data to imply anything of any significance. People are participating more because you have to spend a lot more time on the game. People who run gbg for their guild spend way more time asking for participation. Players run out of attrition faster, so there's more of a push to get other players to participate. This will get old fast.
3) The only thing that I see as a positive with the new GbG rules is that it's easier for guilds in the sidelines to break out. Before you had to try to break out with 0 SC's and attrition going up 100% of the time. Now you can break out with attrition only going up 20% of the time. If the attrition cap was set at 90 or 95% it would be a whole lot more competitive!

Timer X7

Private
in the announcement just made "Under the new system, each Championship will span across 6 battleground seasons. The guilds you will compete against in your Championship will remain the same throughout these 6 seasons". what does this mean ?
This stood out to me too. I think it's some mistake by the person typing it because it's not true and it doesn't even make sense. If they separated everyone into 8 guild championship brackets it means they're already broken because of the LP changes after sessions.
And if it is true it kills any type of competition and makes the new ranking even more meaningless, which I didn't think was possible lol
The strongest guild in any bracket auto wins and never faces the other strong guilds. Yay. Or a small guild ends up in a dead bracket and auto wins 6 times. Yay again. How are these brackets chosen? Now we should be talking about rewards being adjusted based on the competition and number of fights in the bracket, again, if it's even true.
But then again I've heard people complaining that they're seeing the same guilds over and over again on one of the bigger servers since before thing supposedly was implemented so who knows

Timer X7

Private
"Secondly we wished for more balanced participation among guild members, so everyone has the chance to participate. Our data after the first Guild Battlegrounds season after the change already implies, that this goal has been achieved....Our goal was to create a more balanced experience where all members of a guild can actively participate in Guild Battlegrounds."

1) I fail to see how making battles harder gives everyone the chance to participate. If I have a 0% chance of my attrition going up vs a 20% chance of my attrition going up, I have a better chance of participating with 0%.
2) Your data after the first GbG season isn't significant data to imply anything of any significance. People are participating more because you have to spend a lot more time on the game. People who run gbg for their guild spend way more time asking for participation. Players run out of attrition faster, so there's more of a push to get other players to participate. This will get old fast.
3) The only thing that I see as a positive with the new GbG rules is that it's easier for guilds in the sidelines to break out. Before you had to try to break out with 0 SC's and attrition going up 100% of the time. Now you can break out with attrition only going up 20% of the time. If the attrition cap was set at 90 or 95% it would be a whole lot more competitive!
Their idea here was to stop the farming and give every guild some free fights. Previously 2 guilds would flip the map all day and dump their attrition on the outside before reset. Everyone else got nothing. Now everyone gets to fight at 80% even if they're on the outside. And the bigger guilds eventually run out of steam so even smaller guilds can coordinate and break through at least once per day. This is the best feature of the new system honestly, everyone gets personal rewards based on their personal power.

Deleted member 127677

I can’t disagree more with your statement. I have been a Gbg leader, leader and later founder of two of the most competitive guilds in my world, including when Gbg was launched. Even so, we see more of the guild interested, more fights, those spread out over more people, and less time for me spent in game keeping an eye on Gbg. Win, win win, win win win. It’s fantastic.

Are there problems, yes. Are those solvable, by Inno? Yes, on both counts. But it’s minor. Does it feel like a direction I like the game to go. 100% yes. And yes, I also still think that small guilds need to get a grip. We are talking about something that should be a competitive feature. I read somewhere up there that people appreciate being in dime league and getting better prizes for a while. Great. If you want them more consistently, there is just one way about it. If you’re ok to yoyo, that is fine too. But please, no more cries of how unfair it all is. Life isn’t fair. Improve. Or don’t. Your choice. The feature is great, 95% there as a competitive one, it one people would compete.

End of season 2 with Championship format. The new rank 4 guild in my world is the *holiday* guild of one of the all time best Gbg guilds on our server, and ranked higher than the mother guild. Because the holiday guild won a platinum and now a lower diamond league season on the trot, and the mother guild ended up losing this season against another 1000 league point guild. The top 7-14 guilds consist of other similar guilds that have won lower diamond or platinum leagues this season. 2 of them have under 10 members. 4 others are under 30 members. They sit higher in ranking than half a dozen strong fighting guilds with 50-60 members who have had the misfortune of facing even stronger fighting guilds for 2 seasons, in the *one and only reflective diamond league which is 1000 lps*, and all will drop down unless by some fluke, they end up facing each other in a 1000 league point season. How is this in any way reflective of ‘what they can do’ in Gbg?

I want to rant some more. But I’ll just bite my tongue and say, this was an obvious danger of this new format even before the first season ended. The potential for weak guilds to yoyo for fragments was a blatant risk after the first season. Ranking based on wins and victory points is all fine, but there needs to be 1) a reduction of value placed on victories in lower leagues, and that includes lower diamond, and/or an increase on the value of any victory points gained in a higher league. Add to that a potential need to incentivise competition further, by also giving a better base prize for ending up on the top spots in your season, as getting half a million guild power for guilds already in the 90 levels, and 100 frags of a kit that became outdated 18 months ago, isn’t really going to cut it.
I could not agree more with this, i could give the same example for the rankings in my world after 2 seasons..again this will not even out much in a 6 season championship, my feedback is still to reduce the prizes for anything below 1000LP (as the current system rewards guilds for NOT fighting) or make diamond league one league (901+ is diamond and thats it) so ALL guilds can have a chance of an "easy" season to pick up loads of frags..why some players have thousands of frags of tower of champs with a fraction of the fights and my guild has 1000 frags for coming 3rd twice in 1000LP is just not fair..if you want guilds to have a competative nature in 1000LP (as the announcement today suggested 1000LP should be) then make it the golden goose of GBG and give more for being there than not!!

Vesiger

Monarch
I fail to see how making battles harder gives everyone the chance to participate. If I have a 0% chance of my attrition going up vs a 20% chance of my attrition going up, I have a better chance of participating with 0%.
It gives everyone the chance to participate by requiring several players to share their attrition in order to take a sector, instead of single players being able to take a sector with zero attrition gain. Everybody can do the first few battles when their attrition is in single figures, irrespective of how powerful the others are.

Paladiac the Pure

Major-General
In regards to this issue about the Fragments - did they go ahead and do it without any notification (opposite of what was said below) - as I took a look at my fragments, and now I have a whole mess of the 2 'new' Battleground fragments - and none of the old ones. I thought I had seen a lot of Elephant Fragments during the last GbG, but did not pay too much attention to it (even though the new reward is only a year or so old - the massive addition of stats to the recent Event building has made this new building already obsolete)
1698184247846.png