• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

New Content Guild Battlegrounds Update 2023 Feedback Thread

Knight of ICE

I’m in a top guild in korch and we are now into the 2nd season of gbg championship. We were given to believe that we would have attrition capped at 80% but we have experienced something very different this season. Despite building camps (often more than necessary) we are getting less than 80% support therefore we get less fights before we run out of attrition. The costs, in diamonds, is far too extreme at 125 diamonds for one camp. This is going to be unsustainable in the long term and I fear players will simply stop playing gbg. Time for Inno to get this mess sorted.

Attrition is not capped at 80%. The chance of not building up attrition is capped at 80%. That means that even if you put in buildings with a total chance of 120% not to run into attrition it still will be 80% effectively. That is a chance of 1 in every 5 fights. It is a chance, not a certainty. So far the numbers indicate it works as it should work.

Camps can only be build on your home province and you can build only one, so it is impossible to build more camps than necessary. Camps do not cost 125 diamonds to build. Depending on the tier they cost 100, 180 or 250 diamonds. Fortified Barracks and Fortified Guild Command Post cost 125 diamonds. Other buildings aree cheaper, so you have the option to build other buildings, or just wait till the building is done. Only a province wherte you build trapps can be taken over during build time. Non other can, so it is save to build.

Larron

Private
Same here 80% should mean exactly that, if the random generator in GbG is broken then fix or remove it. Replace it with a fixed value i.e. for every 5 fights at 80% add one to attrition because the randomness is not working for me ..
I couldn't agree more

Im not sure if rankings will ever be a situation where the cream rises to the top with a new table every 6 weeks though? u will always be second best to lower diamond league winners if you cant win 1000LP (very few guilds can win 1000LP), so guilds that can come 3rd/4th in 1000LP will always have fewer frags and be lower than guilds that drop down, its like a punishment for being better at GBG than most

Get use to the 80% cap!
a) build up your battle stats
b) find a larger guild.
c) dump your small guild if a cap of 80% won't cut it for the Lilliputians in your guild,
which is most likely the problem!

I would like to see a cap of 60%.

LA - Free UA

Sergeant
Get use to the 80% cap!
a) build up your battle stats
b) find a larger guild.
c) dump your small guild if a cap of 80% won't cut it for the Lilliputians in your guild,
which is most likely the problem!

I would like to see a cap of 60%.
agree with everything except 60% that is to much, now 75% I could get behind

I would also like the sector sizes looked at over 400 hundred fights to take a sector is to much maybe a cap of 250 so it does not matter how many command posts of any size you build you can not get above 250 fights needed to be conquered

harold mouse

Corporal
You just don't get it. It is not my ranking. It is Inno's ranking. Again, I have nothing to do with it. I don't need a way to rank Guilds. I don't care about ranking Guilds. I find all ranking totally useless and feel the same about the discussion on it.

As you don't care, and since this is the feed back thread and you have no useful feedback your opinions are off topic. Please be so good as to stop picking fights and insulting contributors intelligence.

Ranking has not been fair from the start and never will be. Ranking only leads to abuse. It is a totally meaningless part of the game in my opinion, that can be done without.
Imperfect or not, guilds need to recruit and those looking for a guild use ranking to make their choice. It is nonsense to call it a meaningless part of the game.
It does perfectly reflect what Guilds can do in GBG at the moment. Nothing ridiculous about it.

Of course it is ridiculous. Remember you have suggested that to be a high ranked guild we should get our guildies to do almost nothing in GBG one season to get demoted to lower diamond, so that the following season we need do very little to take a win and move up the rankings. Yes, then we would take a win pretty much every other season and could rise up the rankings, but it would be no reflection of what we can do and it would deprive our guildies of fights and rewards. It would also make the Tower worthless, as we would barely burn attrition. We are used to having 1000 LP every season, and our guildies are used to taking good rewards from fights. What kind of ridiculous system is it that a high ranking reflects that you scarcely play?

What it does not reflect is what you want it to reflect. That is where your feedback comes in and where I am trying to tell you that it takes more than a season and a half to come to the conclusions you are making at the moment. Give it time and it can become a better reflection of what Guilds can do in GBG. It will not be perfect, but it can become better.

Do not insult my intelligence. The result of using the old LP matchmaking system with the new ranking system was perfectly obvious even before the start of the second season. It is equally obvious that it will only get worse over time if it is not fixed, as more weak guilds in lower diamond take wins while those who maintain 1000LP are penalised. It could become better if Inno use the new ranking system for matchmaking. That is almost certainly the easiest fix, and it should result in better matchmaking as well as allowing the ranking system to work over time.

It is intended that the feedback reaches Inno. If and how they will use it is up to them. It is not intended that I agree with the feedback, or support it.
Please only use the thread when you do have feed back, not to pick fights.

Knight of ICE

As you don't care, and since this is the feed back thread and you have no useful feedback your opinions are off topic. Please be so good as to stop picking fights and insulting contributors intelligence.

Imperfect or not, guilds need to recruit and those looking for a guild use ranking to make their choice. It is nonsense to call it a meaningless part of the game.

Of course it is ridiculous. Remember you have suggested that to be a high ranked guild we should get our guildies to do almost nothing in GBG one season to get demoted to lower diamond, so that the following season we need do very little to take a win and move up the rankings. Yes, then we would take a win pretty much every other season and could rise up the rankings, but it would be no reflection of what we can do and it would deprive our guildies of fights and rewards. It would also make the Tower worthless, as we would barely burn attrition. We are used to having 1000 LP every season, and our guildies are used to taking good rewards from fights. What kind of ridiculous system is it that a high ranking reflects that you scarcely play?

Do not insult my intelligence. The result of using the old LP matchmaking system with the new ranking system was perfectly obvious even before the start of the second season. It is equally obvious that it will only get worse over time if it is not fixed, as more weak guilds in lower diamond take wins while those who maintain 1000LP are penalised. It could become better if Inno use the new ranking system for matchmaking. That is almost certainly the easiest fix, and it should result in better matchmaking as well as allowing the ranking system to work over time.

Please only use the thread when you do have feed back, not to pick fights.

Thank you for your feedback.

harold mouse

Corporal
Same here 80% should mean exactly that, if the random generator in GbG is broken then fix or remove it. Replace it with a fixed value i.e. for every 5 fights at 80% add one to attrition because the randomness is not working for me ..

It is not that the random number generator is broken, but simply that random number generators to not do what people (particularly game designers) imagine they do. It is thought that they are "fair" because they give everyone an equal chance. They do give everyone an equal chance, but they do not give an equal result. Random means essentially "unpredictable". They are capricious and will give many unfair result. This does not even out in time, but rather the spread of unfair results increases (it reduces in proportion to the total number of results, but the actual spread becomes increasing unfair as time goes). Really game developers should stop using RNGs if they want to produce a fair game.

Deleted member 127677

It is not that the random number generator is broken, but simply that random number generators to not do what people (particularly game designers) imagine they do. It is thought that they are "fair" because they give everyone an equal chance. They do give everyone an equal chance, but they do not give an equal result. Random means essentially "unpredictable". They are capricious and will give many unfair result. This does not even out in time, but rather the spread of unfair results increases (it reduces in proportion to the total number of results, but the actual spread becomes increasing unfair as time goes). Really game developers should stop using RNGs if they want to produce a fair game.
I’ve never seen this explained this clearly. A lot of people are or get annoyed about the perceived discrepancy between figures stated, and figures as they manifest themselves through fights per attrition gain, percentages of different productions, GE relics and so forth. If it’s not based on probability, with a chance to even out over time, it should be expressed differently. Not as 80% chance, but as ‘most likely x’.

I’ve never seen this explained this clearly. A lot of people are or get annoyed about the perceived discrepancy between figures stated, and figures as they manifest themselves through fights per attrition gain, percentages of different productions, GE relics and so forth. If it’s not based on probability, with a chance to even out over time, it should be expressed differently. Not as 80% chance, but as ‘most likely x’.
It does even out over a longer than expected amount of time:
I tracked my 67%BG with my Katebo nut frag production.

67% BG to nut frag doublings: 287 attempts, 192 doublings - running at 66.8989547%
To bring the rate into the 67% mark: 0 consecutive attempts and 0 doublings would be required

Some probability experts stated that 189 attempts would be needed to determine accuracy based on 2/3 odds, but took about 100 more to actually get the data to even out!

So it puts to rest the random generator being at fault.

DJ of BA

Warrant Officer
Feedback, so far, overall I like the new format of GBG, some things are a tad expensive but I like the cap of 80%, like the new way of collecting parts of the Statue of honour and the Great Elephant, but do have a question. What is going to happen to the fragments of the old way of obtaining these buildings? Are they just now going to sit in my inventory forever, or are we going to see a way of converting the old fragments parts to the new kits... would like to know what is planned for these.

Last edited:
Feedback, so far, overall I like the new format of GBG, some things are a tad expensive but I like the cap of 80%, like the new way of collecting parts of the Statue of honour and the Great Elephant, but do have a question. What is going to happen to the fragments of the old way of obtaining these buildings? Are they just now going to sit in my inventory forever, or are we going to see a way of converting the old fragments parts to the new kits... would like to know what is planned for these.

My thought is that inno should just convert all frags into their respective completed item and remove the frags that are longer useful to be completed. That puts a small problem to rest.

Knight of ICE

My thought is that inno should just convert all frags into their respective completed item and remove the frags that are longer useful to be completed. That puts a small problem to rest.

And would probably create a bigger problem with players complaining therir fragments are gone. If you have a problem with the fragments you can delete them yourself.

shadowblackff

Second Lieutenant
And would probably create a bigger problem with players complaining therir fragments are gone. If you have a problem with the fragments you can delete them yourself.
People won't complain if they are properly informed that the outdated fragments have been converted into complete items.

As for deleting them: No. What if the Inno devs decide to do just what I described above right after players have deleted their fragments? Better to keep them, just in case.

Forwandert

Lieutenant-General
What is going to happen to the fragments of the old way of obtaining these buildings? Are they just now going to sit in my inventory forever, or are we going to see a way of converting the old fragments parts to the new kits... would like to know what is planned for these.

US, DE, FR and Beta (Only ones I checked) all had an update posted on what's going to happen with fragments, I'm guessing we'll get an update here too at some point.

This has totally ruined the game, lots of people leaving game. But there city's are not automatically removed any more !! Hiding the figures !!
what's in it for advanced players ? So we hit the attrition !! Why bother when half the guild does not bother ?
why should we prop up players when there is no gain for us ? Before fight as much as possible, try to do better every gbg.
It's not the guilds fault they are not getting to attrition ! They have work, families, and RL. This format makes it to hard for players to achieve !!! So they are getting totally feed up and leaving game..
there is no real fun in game, all gone... Why ruin a wonderful game... I feel like lots of player's, totally misled, if I new all what the game would change, I would not have started playing.... This is felt by everyone I have spoken to..
It does not make any sense for inno to destroy there most popular game...

Deleted member 127677

US, DE, FR and Beta (Only ones I checked) all had an update posted on what's going to happen with fragments, I'm guessing we'll get an update here too at some point.
Yes, expect this to be sorted, they announced this change on beta a few days ago.