• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

New Content Guild Battlegrounds Update 2023 Feedback Thread

Sacahari3l

Private
As far as I'm concerned, it has saved it. It's more like the relay it was in the beginning, one team does what it can for the next team who logs on later, leaves notes and is done for the day. It will take some time to be bedded in, and also for guilds to figure out how they want to play.
In competitive guilds, fighters used to be around across the day, as to the nerf in the attrition reduction they are indeed forced to take the map in the morning and wait for reset cause they are maxed out so there is nothing to do for them.
Absolutely. Which is fantastic and a huge improvement, but also not so very different from how most big guilds have played for the past year-18 months in my world.
Really? So day one take an entire map, build traps around the HQ then switch to 30% more advances when they are close to taking it, if they manage to take one sector just repeat, after one or two sectors like that they will run out of attrition or mood to even try something. When you successfully wipe out any will to fight from other guilds you have a good supply of victor points for the scoreboard, but I have the dark side... You also deny your guild fights so no rewards for your members either...
So as a competitive guild, you face a dilemma of choosing if you want a position in the scoreboard or rewards which is the worst possible scenario cause you are always gonna punish yourself. That's not gonna make any good to the game.
I have not done the calculation, but when you are faced with 418 battles to take one sector, because of what has been built on it, it absolutely does not feel like fewer. A normal day for me used to be 400-500 so depending on what is open, I can do those over a couple of sectors, be done with Gbg for the day and cheer on the team from the sidelines.
I don't need calculations, I'll settle for reality. I am now able to play 700 battles before I run out of attrition, before the update I would be able to do more than twice as much. The number of battles per day and the entire guild saw about a 50% drop. Which is clearly very negative, as it will greatly slow down the development of the players.

Deleted member 127677

So day one take an entire map, build traps around the HQ then switch to 30% more advances when they are close to taking it, if they manage to take one sector just repeat, after one or two sectors like that they will run out of attrition or mood to even try something. When you successfully wipe out any will to fight from other guilds you have a good supply of victor points for the scoreboard, but I have the dark side... You also deny your guild fights so no rewards for your members either...

Huh? No. It has been a fight. Nobody is trapping anyone. We fight the battleground, there are no organised swaps. Like we are fighting the current one. It’s a battle, not some back and forth with pre organised holding and taking.

Deleted member 127677

So as a competitive guild, you face a dilemma of choosing if you want a position in the scoreboard or rewards which is the worst possible scenario cause you are always gonna punish yourself. That's not gonna make any good to the game.
There is absolutely no issue getting fights in the current battleground. It might be dead if we had other guilds, but so far, there are more than enough fights for the large majority of the guild, flowing back and forth, with some sectors open for those who come in and cant wait for the priority ones. Like we hoped there would be.

Deleted member 127677

I don't need calculations, I'll settle for reality. I am now able to play 700 battles before I run out of attrition, before the update I would be able to do more than twice as much. The number of battles per day and the entire guild saw about a 50% drop. Which is clearly very negative, as it will greatly slow down the development of the players.

From the point of view of a farmer, I can see how it is an issue. I‘m not one and am doing the same amount of fights I used to before, give or take. Will probably end up around 5k for the season, which is normal. My guildies seem to be getting roughly the same as before, with the exception of some who are pushing themselves further than before and getting more. It comes down to what your purpose for fighting the battleground was and how you organised that.

and while we're at it let's clarify farming.. if a sector is loaded and held so the other guild can use the camps on it then yes farming is going on (unless a timing advantage is being looked for).. but if sectors are being taken as they are loaded then there is no farming even though it may look like it to the other guilds.. just 2 guilds vying for first.
So in your definition "farming" only happens when 2 guilds team up and pin sectors for each other. That's not the general definition of farming. Farming can simply mean gathering or harvesting, and you can do it on your own. E.g. ONE selfish and greedy player in a guild can "speed farm" GBG sectors alone.

Forwandert

Lieutenant-General
Which is clearly very negative, as it will greatly slow down the development of the players.

One of the problems is they should have changed/nerfed gbg back in 2019, it was clear even then how huge an impact it was going to have.

Cities had been established for years on fps production. If you didn't play gvg only guild goods needed was for GE. All of a sudden you could dump every fp producing building and still have more fp production than was even possible with the city space available then.

The game was always a marathon not a sprint and all of a sudden you could run as fast as you wanted with techs and gbs. It's not slowing development down its reducing it slightly closer to what it should always have been. Gbg unbalanced the game way beyond what I'm guessing they expected. Any adjustment down is always going to cause issues as there's been 4 years of how it is now and it shouldn't have even been a month.

If they had changed it quickly players would have moaned a bit but would have understood why, it was crazy how fps got built up, I played early on and came out of it with a couple of K fps and it didnt even make sense, it was great. Now there's years of players that don't even know the game without gbg and have been told to build up their cities a certain way all designed around it.

Sacahari3l

Private
There is absolutely no issue getting fights in the current battleground. It might be dead if we had other guilds, but so far, there are more than enough fights for the large majority of the guild, flowing back and forth, with some sectors open for those who come in and cant wait for the priority ones. Like we hoped there would be.
Seems like you have no idea how the current scoreboard works or intentionally ignoring it to make your point seem legit.
Your position in the new scoreboard is purely based on the amount of victory points you make in GbG so losing sectors is the absolutely last thing you want if you aim for high spots. Therefore competitive guilds are now facing a dilemma where they are forced to decide if they go for rewards or position in the scoreboard.
If you go for the score, means you need to gain as many victory points as possible. So you need to pin other guilds as much as possible so you can hold your sectors as long as possible.
If you go for rewards you want the map to keep flowing so everyone can do 80% sectors to max out the possible amount of fights people can get. But like that you going to lose your sectors frequently therefore less victory points.
Do you see the stupidity of this system?
From the point of view of a farmer, I can see how it is an issue. I‘m not one and am doing the same amount of fights I used to before, give or take. Will probably end up around 5k for the season, which is normal. My guildies seem to be getting roughly the same as before, with the exception of some who are pushing themselves further than before and getting more. It comes down to what your purpose for fighting the battleground was and how you organised that.
What the hell is the point of a farmer? I have a point of active player and fighter, it was possible to retake the map 5 times a day resulting in many more fights for everyone, but now you are max out after a few sectors. So the only point I am interested in is being forced to perform purely based on the amount of money spent in the game instead of how active you and your guild are.

LA - Free UA

Sergeant
yep when some sectors are over 400 to conquer I am getting more fights than before but also have time to study the map once I am done fighting for the day and point my team mates in the direction of best travel

Ariana Erosaire

Chief Warrant Officer
One of the problems is they should have changed/nerfed gbg back in 2019, it was clear even then how huge an impact it was going to have.

Cities had been established for years on fps production. If you didn't play gvg only guild goods needed was for GE. All of a sudden you could dump every fp producing building and still have more fp production than was even possible with the city space available then.

The game was always a marathon not a sprint and all of a sudden you could run as fast as you wanted with techs and gbs. It's not slowing development down its reducing it slightly closer to what it should always have been. Gbg unbalanced the game way beyond what I'm guessing they expected. Any adjustment down is always going to cause issues as there's been 4 years of how it is now and it shouldn't have even been a month.

If they had changed it quickly players would have moaned a bit but would have understood why, it was crazy how fps got built up, I played early on and came out of it with a couple of K fps and it didnt even make sense, it was great. Now there's years of players that don't even know the game without gbg and have been told to build up their cities a certain way all designed around it.
Exactly this. wish I could give it more than 1 like. I said the same thing a year ago (first time they tested attrition changes in beta) that changes to curb free attrition in Battlegrounds were overdue for more than 3 years.

A whole generation of players are 'spoiled' via thousands of fights/rewards/fps having been available for far too long. Inno try to put the toothpaste back in the tube, result:
  • half of players upset at having rewards/fights reduced
  • half upset that it took almost 4 years to do anything about the imbalance that was there from the start.
No win situation, entirely of their own making.

aRena

Private
While the 80% attrition reduction cap stops infinite free farming, it also stops people, especially newer players, from playing the game because they reach their max attrition soon after reset, or after a few fights on one or two sectors. The cap needs to be higher, maybe 90-95%. A 95% cap would be like fighting with 4 SC support (96%), but would still stop infinite free farming, and allow people to play longer before they are forced to stop due to attrition. Also, since many sectors in Diamond league can now require more than 400 advances to be captured, the cap at 95% would not be insignificant-- it would allow people to fight, while also preventing attrition-free farming because attrition would accumulate. Many people are spending less time online since the GBG changes came to the live servers, probably because they have maxed out their attrition and have nothing else to do in the game after their city collection is done.

Last edited:
The first place reward trophy is smack in the middle of the chat window on the browser version, how painful. Please move it.

View attachment 25160

There's a perfectly nice menu area in the battleground with only 2 items in use that would have been a much better place to put a link to a popup window for the trophy info, which is all that giant trophy that is blocking the chat does.
View attachment 25161
Haha, yeah, can't read chat properly. That's really stupid :lol:

papashakes

Corporal
So in your definition "farming" only happens when 2 guilds team up and pin sectors for each other. That's not the general definition of farming. Farming can simply mean gathering or harvesting, and you can do it on your own. E.g. ONE selfish and greedy player in a guild can "speed farm" GBG sectors alone.
hey Hans, nice diam "farm" on A bro.. so yes there are many types of "farming" in this game.. I'm on 2 worlds and if a sector is announced then your "speed farmer" has every right to do so.. but if they loaded a sector without announcing and continued to do so they would not last in either guild I'm in..

edit.. but everyone has been discussing farming between guilds.. so lets stick on topic ;)

moot point now anyway mate.. with some sectors requiring 3 and 4 hundred fights depending on buildings they'll be at 60 to 80 attrition in one sector :)

Last edited:

Sacahari3l

Private
Exactly this. wish I could give it more than 1 like. I said the same thing a year ago (first time they tested attrition changes in beta) that changes to curb free attrition in Battlegrounds were overdue for more than 3 years.

A whole generation of players are 'spoiled' via thousands of fights/rewards/fps having been available for far too long. Inno try to put the toothpaste back in the tube, result:
  • half of players upset at having rewards/fights reduced
  • half upset that it took almost 4 years to do anything about the imbalance that was there from the start.
No win situation, entirely of their own making.
Sometimes I feel like those people talking about farming and infinite fighting actually never played GbG. Siege camp was providing a 24% attrition reduction, the most common was 4 SC sectors for a total attrition reduction of 96%, and only a few sectors could be taken with 5 SC or more. So it was never about infinite farming and don't forget there were some 2-3 SC sectors which you simply have to do to get the rotation going.
Also, you were always losing troops so a high-level traz was a must, and very decent attack bonuses to be able to reach 100 attrition or more.
Unless you were stuck in some low age and using OF troops which was an absolute minority of the player base, those in the latest ages have to work hard to get good numbers.
From a guild perspective, you needed a healthy treasury, players to diamond support structures, fighters to cover the entire day, etc.

If you were in the highest age before GbG, you could actually log in once a day to do your collection, maybe attack your neighbors and contribute to 1.9 thread and you were done for the day. With the GbG your progress is tied strongly to your overall activity and your guild performance so yes those who are not willing to invest time became angry cause active players could overgrow their years of laziness within a year of active playing.

Deleted member 127677

Seems like you have no idea how the current scoreboard works or intentionally ignoring it to make your point seem legit.
Your position in the new scoreboard is purely based on the amount of victory points you make in GbG so losing sectors is the absolutely last thing you want if you aim for high spots. Therefore competitive guilds are now facing a dilemma where they are forced to decide if they go for rewards or position in the scoreboard.
Sorry, I am fully aware. My guild is currently ranked 1st in my world, I have nearly 1000 fights on the clock, and the map is fully loaded by other guilds. Please consider that I may have posted everything I have, based on knowing exactly what I am saying. Most people who seem to dislike this update and seem to be trying to find any non-founded argument to support that dislike are people who are used to taking thousands of fights daily off organised swaps, free attrition and, in some cases, admittedly not all, higher era units use in lower eras. I am a SAT player, I have worked for several years to create a competitive and collaborative guild, and from everything I have seen in the past 36h, this update is 95% what the doctor ordered.

Sacahari3l

Private
Sorry, I am fully aware. My guild is currently ranked 1st in my world, I have nearly 1000 fights on the clock, and the map is fully loaded by other guilds. Please consider that I may have posted everything I have, based on knowing exactly what I am saying. Most people who seem to dislike this update and seem to be trying to find any non-founded argument to support that dislike are people who are used to taking thousands of fights daily off organised swaps, free attrition and, in some cases, admittedly not all, higher era units use in lower eras. I am a SAT player, I have worked for several years to create a competitive and collaborative guild, and from everything I have seen in the past 36h, this update is 95% what the doctor ordered.
I am also in SAT, our guild currently occupies 1st spot, having several hundred fights over a thousand meta so anything else to brag about? GbG, a good guild, and my activity led me to where I am now. But why exactly should I like a maximum 80% attrition limit, increased cost of goods in buildings, and higher diamond costs to finish buildings?
I get significantly fewer fights, more goods are going out from the treasury and we are forced to spend more diamonds... Like I try to see the benefits but they seem nonexistent.

Deleted member 127677

yep when some sectors are over 400 to conquer I am getting more fights than before but also have time to study the map once I am done fighting for the day and point my team mates in the direction of best travel
Exactly. More strategy and planning needed.

papashakes

Corporal
I get significantly fewer fights, more goods are going out from the treasury and we are forced to spend more diamonds... Like I try to see the benefits but they seem nonexistent.

exactly.. the only upside is I'm not on as much.. only 8pm server time (and if you're No1 guilds on your worlds you know what that means) and when my turn to burn my attrition comes up

NoblePaul17

Private
Whilst I agree with alot of the sentiments afore stated its this players opinion that there will be further ramifications due to the harsh changes, I'm in a big GbG fighting guild and quite a big member, whilst under the old way we were "quite" happy to allow small member the leyway not to do much in GbG, They were helped greatly by giving our Arc +bonus, plus other concessions and aloud to progress at there pace. Now I foresee a great change coming, due to changes and the lack of fighting equalling a lack of sectors these smaller member WILL be kicked, thats fact not fiction its already happening, these small players will either join a small guild or worse leave the game (lose of potential revenue). Fighting members of smaller guilds will be head hunted depriveing the smaller guilds of fighters, herein again expect a loss of players as the members remaining see a fall in abilitys (self and in GbG). Big guilds WILL without fail, hem in smaller guilds to HQ as VP is paramount. Inno's massive rise in the cost amount of diamonds needed to put in buildings will have the desired effect of slowing the game down (after all who will spend that amount for a couple on minutes play) so each season the big guilds will work together to combat the timing restaint.
And to all those of you that keep moaning about farming, "SHUT the hell up" enough already !! your obviously in a no nothing guild, leave that guild and join a BIG guild, then you to will reap the rewards.
To Inno, You've fluffed up Guy's on a number of accounts, first you failed to make changes to GbG earlier in its conception. Second what changes you have made have been inadequatly tested with the veiw as to how they will be seen in effect apon the live server. Third and most important, you block dropped all changes onto the live server, Tell someone that they owe an extra $100 and the will scream and shout tell them they owe $12 over 10 month and they scream but put up with it.
Well with all that said i'm still intrested in the game and look forward with anticipation as to how this all pans out