• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

New Content Guild Battlegrounds Update 2023 Feedback Thread

Vesiger

Monarch
When I was on at 9.30 am this morning, the big guild next to us had a lot of buildings under construction - but they were already getting the point bonuses on those sectors, as displayed both in the individual sectors and on the overall list of points scored by the guild. Display bug or do you actually benefit from the new buildings before they are complete?
Well it's a very significant nerf in the amount of fights most active players can get. From tens of thousands it went down to several thousand
I rather assume that is the point - players were farming huge numbers of FP/goods from GBG by doing tens of thousands of fights in a single day.

Forwandert

Lieutenant-General
Simplest way to balance gbg in my opinion is to have costs for building and fights/negs per sector in ratio to players in the guild. Those are the two sticking points when 2 players from a guild of 20 are up against 8 players from a guild of 80. (Assuming 10% of each online)

After that accrued attack/def for attack players have built up comes into play for attrition which I think is more than fair.

Doing it this way removes the incentive for the constant merging that happens now. Players can play in guilds of whatever size they want without needing to move.

Smaller guilds will have more incentive to pay diamonds for the buildings due to actually having a chance of more progression without being kicked back after 2/3 sectors and losing everything they paid for to start again the next day. So should increase revenue.

It'll also mean new players have more chance to actually get recruited without having to speed build an Arc on day 10 because at the minute the small guilds can't even afford to recruit them and show new players how to play if they compete in gbg due to the potential of low level goods being required for buildings, 1 new recruited player can take a lot of potential buildings out simply by joining. The large guilds don't want them because they're focused on being number 1 and a wrong era for them could cause chaos.

It also means the absolute urge for an Arc wouldn't be as bad. Can't imagine it's that much fun as a new player being told they need to build something from a dozen eras ahead in order to get recruited. It would probably help new player retention too which I'm guessing for revenue is quite a high target.

Vindicare

Private
So now that there is "fragment of guild battleground statue kit" for SoH, what does that mean for the old "fragment of statue of honor selection kit" fragments I collected but didn't have enough to create a new kit, are they useless? Is that really how you intended this?

papashakes

Corporal
I don't know why peeps in small guilds are suggesting ways to "balance out GbG".. I'm not being rude or smart here.. If you have a guild of 80 Vs a guild of 15 or 20 both fighting for the same sector the 80 strong guild will win every time.. if there are 2 of those guilds in your season then there will still be "farming" and you will be stuck in your base.. yet to see if this new GbG format will give smaller guilds a chance to extend beyond their base..

and while we're at it let's clarify farming.. if a sector is loaded and held so the other guild can use the camps on it then yes farming is going on (unless a timing advantage is being looked for).. but if sectors are being taken as they are loaded then there is no farming even though it may look like it to the other guilds.. just 2 guilds vying for first.. :)

Gbg was single handed the worst addition to the game ever added.

It took the game from reasonably balanced to a 24/7 farming cash cow. (Theres been a lot more inbalance since but that was the starting point)

That said this update only reduces (or potentially reduces) rewards indirectly and increases costs.

It does nothing to solve the main problem, which is every server now has maxed or close to maxed out guilds of players that can access the game 24/7 and fully focus on gbg, everyone else now in smaller guilds bouncing between diamond and platinum. They get a good platinum, get moved up to diamond, get kicked around/blocked for the next season or might scrape enough to have two blocked diamond rounds then go dropped back down to platinum to a decent round in platinum and then the circle begins again.

Honestly do not see the point, I could join the gbg guilds tomorrow but for what? the game shouldn't be inbalanced to the point where there's limited amount of guilds that can play gbg normally and steadily and the rest get booted around like old tin cans by them week in week out.
agree totally

SwampLegend

Private
This did not fix the Farming in the GBG it's still happens look in fel (two big guilds are farming)and by giving them prizes that boost att/def only makes it easier for them to keep locking everyone down. How about not resetting after 6 seasons, That way all the guilds that win each season will be matched against guilds with the same or close to the same amount of season wins.

Ariana Erosaire

Chief Warrant Officer
The first place reward trophy is smack in the middle of the chat window on the browser version, how painful. Please move it.

1695947103346.png

There's a perfectly nice menu area in the battleground with only 2 items in use that would have been a much better place to put a link to a popup window for the trophy info, which is all that giant trophy that is blocking the chat does.
1695947250368.png

Snowelle

Private
I agree Nero this new gbg is killing the game. High attrition so quickly, no fights now until reset, no one around cause there are no fights, so bored, certainly not spending money on buildings that give me another 50 fights and it became all that more expensive with the diamonds, INNO too greedy to care - looking for another war game already.

Nidwin

Sergeant
A pictures worth a thousand words they say so here goes............. good job on the levelling up Inno i'm sure the small medium Guilds appreciate your efforts even if they're not acting on them:lol::lol::lol:
C'mon Kev, it's Musk business as usual. Saw that Life on Mars dropped in diamond, nice. ;-)

Sacahari3l

Private
I agree Nero this new gbg is killing the game. High attrition so quickly, no fights now until reset, no one around cause there are no fights, so bored, certainly not spending money on buildings that give me another 50 fights and it became all that more expensive with the diamonds, INNO too greedy to care - looking for another war game already.
This update has in fact killed GbG. With the ladder now based on VP, it encourages competitive guilds to defend their sectors as much as possible, significantly reducing the amount of battles available as you are forced to choose between battles or points. Smaller guilds don't seem to have the resources to cover the new costs of buildings in the form of goods and diamonds.
Inno should remove the newly added buildings and return the whole attrition system and prices to their original values. The championship and the new rewards can stay, they are an interesting addition.
What they should work on is a better division of the leagues. Since the skill difference between Diamond and Platinum is vast. Adding a few new leagues, introducing the need to win x seasons in a row to advance to the next, etc. would eliminate these problems. Maybe adding cross-server GbG functionality....

Deleted member 127677

This update has in fact killed GbG.

As far as I'm concerned, it has saved it. It's more like the relay it was in the beginning, one team does what it can for the next team who logs on later, leaves notes and is done for the day. It will take some time to be bedded in, and also for guilds to figure out how they want to play.

it encourages competitive guilds to defend their sectors as much as possible

Absolutely. Which is fantastic and a huge improvement, but also not so very different from how most big guilds have played for the past year-18 months in my world.

significantly reducing the amount of battles available

I have not done the calculation, but when you are faced with 418 battles to take one sector, because of what has been built on it, it absolutely does not feel like fewer. A normal day for me used to be 400-500 so depending on what is open, I can do those over a couple of sectors, be done with Gbg for the day and cheer on the team from the sidelines.

Inno should remove the newly added buildings and return the whole attrition system and prices to their original values.

I agree the diamond costs are big and should be divided, either so you can pay a portion to speed up some, if you can't afford all, or so that different people can pitch in what they happen to have available. Many say they would like to, but 125 dimes a pop is too much for many players. But I like the new buildings, and the option to choose different properties and goods costs for the building you place.

Adding a few new leagues, introducing the need to win x seasons in a row to advance to the next, etc.

This is interesting also.

Just 24 hour in, it is way too early to predict how it will be over several seasons or a full championship or several. But so far on my map, we have a free flowing fight, 7 out of 8 guilds have taken sectors, 3 are doing more than the others but nobody is confined to base unless they have chosen to be. There have been races, planning and strategic choices. For me, this is positive both for the feature and interest in it, and also for the guilds who thought they maybe couldn't get anything done. At least 5 guilds have been building something on the sectors they have taken.

What I would like to see is building times reduced to the original 2 hours for siege camps, and a split in the diamonds required to speed that up. Alternatively, sectors should stay closed for the equivalent time difference we had in the original Gbg, e.g. 6 hours since the longest build time is 3 hours, as compared to 4 hours with best building ready in 2.

It would also be helpful to see quite how many fights will be required to take a sector, because of the buildings on it, before you start hitting it. As it is, it’s not possible to say until it opens, but it would be potentially helpful when plotting priorities and races.

I also completely agree with Ariana's post above, move the trophy icon somewhere else from the right hand side of the battle map, it gets in the way of checking sectors also in the middle of racing.

Last edited by a moderator:

Shadovaria

Private
Gbg is now mostly pointless. Your going to lose lots of players from this, at the least I will not be spending a single penny more on the game so thank you for saving me money, apart from that this is the most stupid bunch of changes you could have made

Last edited by a moderator:

Shadovaria

Private
You heard correctly, the changes to GBG will be coming with the next season. Read all about it here, and post any feedback below.
As usual badly thought out, there is nothing positive to say about the changes they are all 100% stupid. Whats the point of the beta server if you don't use it to weed out the stupid ideas BEFORE making everyone else put up with them. At best you get to fight in a few sectors before being useless for the rest of the day. Stupid stupid stupid

Nidwin

Sergeant
I won't spent any diamonds now in GbG, not because I'm upset as I'm not but because it's pointless. With the attrition change and after Today's GbG play I can only take 2 zones at -40% attrition and if lucky RNG 3 zones at -20% attrrition. This is in gold league and knowing this there's simply no reason to rush anything as I'll never be able to make a good push in one or two days. Plat League is simply a no go now as those 130 for a zones have become a killer.

I'll probably lower my expectations and sink every 2 seasons to Silver League for my wins.