• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

New Content Guild Battlegrounds Update 2023 Feedback Thread

shadowblackff

Second Lieutenant
Thanks I can't see this on the announcements, but I guess I won't worry yet if it isn't going to be working but is the blue stats going to be included in GBG?
It's near the bottom, in a spoiler.

Can't answer your question - as far as I know so far the Blue stats are not used on Beta, so we don't know.

Vesiger

Monarch
So we will not be able to fight thousands !! To get score up for the ones that like fighting ??
We will never be able to catch high score players up !!!
Seems unfair again. Totally..
If inno want to stop the game, then just do it.. Can't lay many more staff off.
Just a two tier game, people that can spend real money !! And gamers that can't and have been loyal. The game can't attract new players to pay staff, if the only way to play is to spend lots of money....
On new, gbg, did I see that you get attrition rewards, as with fp. Diamonds and building parts ?
Will this balance it up ???
Also, this is advertised as a family game !! Why then when you have to watch an advertisement, it's only gambling ones !! Should there not be an age id. For this !!
Shows innos lack of any Morales, and really don't care about player's...
R.i.p. Inno.
I've been stuck somewhere around the 700s for years now - I stopped going up the rankings and then drifted backwards as the remaining active players above me put in their thousands of GBG fights and their Level 130 GBs (or so I assume - and I don't have all that many buildings placed, either). It was slightly disappointing but it certainly hasn't stopped me playing; getting to the top of a leaderboard full of people who are prepared to work at it as if it were a paid job has never been my motivation.

LA - Free UA

Sergeant
Thank you Inno what a wonderful start to this new format, you gave us our greatest frenemies and as an exercise in teamwork it really encouraged the more wait and see members to show up

eleith

Private
Ok. Never wrote anything anywhere about a game in a game forum but I'll start today I guess.

After seeing this for real, with real potential costs on guild Treasury and everything, I don't think this the way, InnoGames. And I was prepared, because I document myself quite regularly on changes to come. If I hadn't been, I'd not only be puzzled, but also really angry.

I get the will to slightly curb fight farming by top guilds, and I do think it is a problem, and I'll try and see whether that's working for them in ~3 hours when the map opens, but the immediate result of your 'balancing' is mid-guilds and mid-players spirit crushing (not even considering entry-level here but that'll be worse obviously).

There wasn't much of an incentive already to play a season in diamond when in a top platinum-level guild (10 days off, yay), but there is absolutely none now. The costs are way too much, and if you couple that with the rise in points needed to take a province, GBG in diamond will just become a GVG-with-a-bunch-of-personal-rewards to me: I'll do a couple of fights in to burn my Himeji, a couple of negs to burn my SC. And maybe I'll take a few 10-FP rewards in. But as a GBG leader I'll never even build a building to even try and take a province from the big guns, which was kinda fun sometimes before, for both smaller guilds and the top guns ('oh wow, look, that small guild is trying to take a sector from us, shall we let them?').

And of course, the reward buildings mean nothing to me as they require an absurd number of fragments, and as they will change from championship to championship, and some are even designed to last but for a few days, and in no way will 100% atk/def mean anything to me anyway to engage more with the thing. At best it means I'll fight one more attrition level or two. This is not much of an incentive.

In the other leagues, if the costs are on the same order of magnitude, the fighting will be more present but much more limited too, which means more boring seasons, which means no incentive to play there either.

So I sincerely think you're on your way to definitely killing GBG participation for not-in-a-top-guild players. Which I cannot fathom the reasoning for because the next step to me is loss of interest for the whole game. I wasn't playing for GBG only, but of course it helped very much. But maybe I'm missing something, and maybe you only want 20 80-players guilds in each server for example? I cannot see how that will increase revenue either, because you can't diamond your way all the way in high attrition anyway. And even goods are limited. So even for top players who spend much more than I do on a regular basis, I fail to see the reasoning.

I have nothing against change. I'm not at all against limitations in gameplay wherever that might be, and quite the contrary actually. And I welcome new and exciting features, which you so keenly advertised for, both here and on the Beta forum -- where I go lurking sometimes even though I don't play on the Beta server. But I would deeply appreciate some explanations as to why these changes were implemented that way. Maybe there's a step missing (defending army boosts being important for the future it seems), but if so then why implement this already, as is? Why not explain this is a work in progress? And why not explain, or give a glimpse of what is to come, so as players and persons we can understand better?

It makes no sense to me, and obviously to others judging from the messages here, and it's a pity as I don't particularly like being taken for granted, both as a player and as a client.

LA - Free UA

Sergeant
Ok. Never wrote anything anywhere about a game in a game forum but I'll start today I guess.

After seeing this for real, with real potential costs on guild Treasury and everything, I don't think this the way, InnoGames. And I was prepared, because I document myself quite regularly on changes to come. If I hadn't been, I'd not only be puzzled, but also really angry.

I get the will to slightly curb fight farming by top guilds, and I do think it is a problem, and I'll try and see whether that's working for them in ~3 hours when the map opens, but the immediate result of your 'balancing' is mid-guilds and mid-players spirit crushing (not even considering entry-level here but that'll be worse obviously).

There wasn't much of an incentive already to play a season in diamond when in a top platinum-level guild (10 days off, yay), but there is absolutely none now. The costs are way too much, and if you couple that with the rise in points needed to take a province, GBG in diamond will just become a GVG-with-a-bunch-of-personal-rewards to me: I'll do a couple of fights in to burn my Himeji, a couple of negs to burn my SC. And maybe I'll take a few 10-FP rewards in. But as a GBG leader I'll never even build a building to even try and take a province from the big guns, which was kinda fun sometimes before, for both smaller guilds and the top guns ('oh wow, look, that small guild is trying to take a sector from us, shall we let them?').

And of course, the reward buildings mean nothing to me as they require an absurd number of fragments, and as they will change from championship to championship, and some are even designed to last but for a few days, and in no way will 100% atk/def mean anything to me anyway to engage more with the thing. At best it means I'll fight one more attrition level or two. This is not much of an incentive.

In the other leagues, if the costs are on the same order of magnitude, the fighting will be more present but much more limited too, which means more boring seasons, which means no incentive to play there either.

So I sincerely think you're on your way to definitely killing GBG participation for not-in-a-top-guild players. Which I cannot fathom the reasoning for because the next step to me is loss of interest for the whole game. I wasn't playing for GBG only, but of course it helped very much. But maybe I'm missing something, and maybe you only want 20 80-players guilds in each server for example? I cannot see how that will increase revenue either, because you can't diamond your way all the way in high attrition anyway. And even goods are limited. So even for top players who spend much more than I do on a regular basis, I fail to see the reasoning.

I have nothing against change. I'm not at all against limitations in gameplay wherever that might be, and quite the contrary actually. And I welcome new and exciting features, which you so keenly advertised for, both here and on the Beta forum -- where I go lurking sometimes even though I don't play on the Beta server. But I would deeply appreciate some explanations as to why these changes were implemented that way. Maybe there's a step missing (defending army boosts being important for the future it seems), but if so then why implement this already, as is? Why not explain this is a work in progress? And why not explain, or give a glimpse of what is to come, so as players and persons we can understand better?

It makes no sense to me, and obviously to others judging from the messages here, and it's a pity as I don't particularly like being taken for granted, both as a player and as a client.
Where is your competitive spirit??

Forwandert

Lieutenant-General
But maybe I'm missing something, and maybe you only want 20 80-players guilds in each server for example? I cannot see how that will increase revenue either, because you can't diamond your way all the way in high attrition anyway. And even goods are limited. So even for top players who spend much more than I do on a regular basis, I fail to see the reasoning.

I've been thinking along the same lines with this. It's either they want the guilds like this which I can't see any reason for or can't think of a solution (Only had 3/4 years now) bear in mind one of their other games where players could get rewards simply by swapping alliances at the end of the game took 8/9 years to stop!

I've said before there's nothing stopping me joining any of the 80 player guilds but I don't want to. Now I think there a dozen of us, some with not much interest in gbg and some with, I could play all day at work but it's a game not a full time commitment, the rest have jobs etc work away at times. Soon as we hit diamond and get pinned straight away between two guilds flipping and can't progress within 2/3 days from that point on I rush build absolutely nothing. When we're in platinum and the competition is more balanced I've paid for Scs (not really relevant now anyway) even when I'm out of attrition because the guild can actually play.

eleith

Private
My competitive spirit does not lie in taunts. It was there before.

I actually enjoyed building my defending armies to conquer the challenges of GE5, which was new, took some time, and is still in progress. The new event buildings were distributed in a way that helped for this very purpose, and I engaged with them accordingly.
It was a challenge to build the SAT GBs while in PE and even now in AF it's still work in progress which I enjoy doing.
Same as Forwandert, I pay diamond with my very real money when I see an incentive for building SCs in GBG. And I do that in other parts of the game.

On the other hand, I don't enjoy having built armies over several months, and contributing to my guild treasury more and more everyday, to abruptly not even come close anymore to fulfilling the new requirements of GBG. This was implemented way too suddenly, and the aim is not clear to me at all. If the aim is to curb top-level abuse, then focus on top-playing guilds and explicitly say so. With the rest of the playing base, which I'm pretty sure also brings in cash, as I do, to InnoGames on a regular basis, you ought to be more gentle than this.

Sacahari3l

Private
Well time to enjoy timeout as this seems to be new entertainment in FOE. Fight several sectors in the morning and than wait until reset to be able do few more.
Being able to fight and have some fun across the day is gone, now I can take 3 sectors and be gone for the day.
Seems like main benefits of this update is to make the game boring, screw up active players, slow down their progress as much as possible and render all those investments in events useless as high stats will get you few extra fights instead of few thousand like before.

Praeceptor

Lieutenant Colonel
Seems like main benefits of this update is to make the game boring, screw up active players, slow down their progress as much as possible and render all those investments in events useless as high stats will get you few extra fights instead of few thousand like before.

On A world the diamond map was full one hour after the launch - If the objective was to slow down play and prevent players having thousands of fights, it didn't work - what a waste of development time when so many other things could be fixed.

Deleted member 127677

From my perspective, I have to say I loved this opening. Interesting to judge what to build, see goods costs, work out where to place and not to place what percentage reduction, also based on said cost and what it would do to surrounding sectors. When the full rotation has been done, it will also be interesting to see quite where we are with regard to those buildings, the other guilds and the map in general, as well as to what contribution each guild member is making.

On this 8-guild map, 5 guilds have taken sectors during these first hours. A 30-member guild has more of them than one with 75 and are still working on more. They are also tied with 2 guilds of 60ish members. Dimes have not been flying around. It looks like a competition, where the depth in strength of a guild and its overall activity can (hopefully) come to the fore. If I were the 30-member guild, I would be happy. If I were one of the three who have taken no sectors, not much has changed in their activity compared to other diamond league seasons. I understand that such guilds may have hoped for a different change to Gbg, but from the point of view of someone who enjoys the competition this feature was meant to be and has worked with their guild to be competitive, I cannot but continue to thank developers for these changes.

Sacahari3l

Private
On A world the diamond map was full one hour after the launch - If the objective was to slow down play and prevent players having thousands of fights, it didn't work - what a waste of development time when so many other things could be fixed.
Well it's a very significant nerf in the amount of fights most active players can get. From tens of thousands it went down to several thousand.
The map can be taken easily in the morning if you have enough players around, nothing changed in this point. What changes is what happens next as normally you came back 8 hours later and took it again and again and again. Now you can't do that as you maxed out on attrition during first go.
So GbG just become super boring as you can login once a day, fight trough a sector or three and log out.

*Neo

Private
I have a simple solution if this GBG update should stay
1) make home base buildings very cheap for example 1k for lvl 1, 2k for lvl 2 and 3k goods for lvl 3guild field camp or just garant it it instantly.
maybe lvl 1 should be built instantly when GBG starts and if guild are willing to pay diamonds they can destroy and rebuild more expensive levels.
current prices are way to high. In some of my worlds where i am in low profile guild we cant even build lvl 1 field camps as they are simple to expnensive

2)free hits when sector opening for first 10-20 seconds. (where we dont even need buildings to decrease the attrition)
reason is simple: showing up in times for a races, and for ppl who are hyper active and play all day they will be able to do some free hits and keeps batlegrounds activity.

Chilliwilli

Private
Is this the idea of levelling

Attachments

• Leveling.jpg
    Leveling.jpg
    82.6 KB · Views: 109