• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Gross unfairness between Browser and mobile platform

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser111589

Flash player is....finicky, fickle. It can run fine days in a row in all areas, then randomly crash while you're doing something. Animations being on doesn't help this at all. I find my most common cause of crashes is sitting in GE looking at the encounter map and going to another tab or another window for a bit, the game HATES being ignored.

Mmorpg was also flash based. I know how much trouble I had getting flash to work so I can load the game.

DeletedUser110195

Well there's your problem right there Dane, you crash your game every time you get on here so you don't get on here as much as you could, that's why you haven't won in the competition threads. ;)

DeletedUser108827

Funny enough this issue of game freezing crashing each time you go to a new internet window seem to be a recent one , Flash was not so fickle a few months ago

DeletedUser111589

Flash has countdown timer until its done for. Every game that used as a base will have to change it to something by sometime next year

There are very easy alternatives to add points fast , for example we could have a add 100FPs key as well as the add 10 and add 1 but it should be 1 click at a time for everyplatforms not this feature only available at the moment to mobile users to total all points on your device before the package is sent In one time.
There is really only one way around the disparate interfaces and connection types for adding fp.
Along with 1FP, 5FP and 10FP buttons (for convenience), simply give users an input box to type the amount of donation, to be added in one lot if it does not exceed the current GB level.
IMG_1254.jpg

(The graphic is from the app's market.)

(Yes I know GvG on mobile will never happen unless specs of mobile devices were well above what they are for the moment, if anyone knows were I can found an official answer from the devs on that matter could you be kind enough to direct me to it)
As I understand it, this game is about 5 years old. As a browser game, it never would have required the top-performing PC.

My iPad, as wel as having a screen resolution better than my friend's old lap-top, probably competes easily with its processing power, particularly when you bear in mind that his computer has to run Windows. Both have 4GB RAM but my iPad isn't burdened by around 1.5GB of Windows.

Specifications of mobile devices vary widely, which is part of the problem when anyone thinks of a one-size-fits-all mobile solution. However, if they code an application properly, a developer can make use of what is there, while scaling back only for those devices that need it.

Last edited:

Vesiger

Monarch
I don't use autoplay - I tried it a couple of times, and watched the computer massacre my troops...

Playing the browser version simply isn't an option for me, as it doesn't work on my computer. So it's this or nothing, and I've been enjoying it so far!
A good analogy, I think, is that of the man who says "Oh, I could never do it like that- it would be like having one hand tied behind my back!"
But of course to the man born one-handed, the task doesn't seem unduly difficult or off-putting at all :D
I've fought over three thousand battles using the mobile interface, an overwhelming majority of them manually; I'm used to it.

vikingraider

Emperor
I'm with Holdoc on this one. If I'm on the later levels of GE, fighting on the app isn't an option as far as I'm concerned.

DeletedUser15986

The issue of FPs donation is not a minor thing Lord B,
Yes its nice to be able to spend FPs faster but not this umbalanced way 10FPs at a time on browserwith refresh between each and for Apps user no limit of the amount they can put in one time with as HRC pointed no risk at all for them , if more then one try to snipe at the same time you are safe as your device will just go in error, absolutely scary.
I have seen a player in my world doing the run over GB sniping on purpose to other peoples and twice to myself its not just a minor thing to loose a thousand FPs that way. As it becomes known , more and more players will do it and it will become totaly unsafe to add your FPs from a browser.
There are very easy alternatives to add points fast , for example we could have a add 100FPs key as well as the add 10 and add 1 but it should be 1 click at a time for everyplatforms not this feature only available at the moment to mobile users to total all points on your device before the package is sent In one time.

AS you said HRC there are many diferent features between the mobile apps and the browser and it is quite understandable, a mobile device will never have the same processing power as a PC so is limited in the number of feature it can run
Some of the diferences you mention are certainly annoying but in my view do not realy change the nature of the game and overall the game run smoothly on mobile apps . Still the issues I highlighted not only impact heavily on the fairness of the game but they could also be easily solved if someone at Inno took some time to look into it
(Yes I know GvG on mobile will never happen unless specs of mobile devices were well above what they are for the moment, if anyone knows were I can found an official answer from the devs on that matter could you be kind enough to direct me to it)

The lack of seeing the properties of the spot your unit is about to land on absolutely changes the nature of combat on the App, as does the lack of attached/unattached filtering. (Also, the loss of GvG has nothing to do with processing power or phone capability as battles are often smoother on the App. It's down to a choice on the part of Inno to just not put it on the app.)

As for the sniping; I've been sniped a lot in GBs, for a long time, even though I use the App as well as the browser. It's a minor thing, and I learned that the trick was to make my large scale donations when there's the least amount of people playing.

Vesiger

Monarch
The lack of seeing the properties of the spot your unit is about to land on absolutely changes the nature of combat on the App, as does the lack of attached/unattached filtering.
I find the main problem is the virtual impossibility of staying just out of range; you more or less have to guess, and sometimes you guess wrong. Likewise the impossibility of telling whether your unit can hit the enemy from its current position, or whether an attack will cause it to break cover in order to get within range (don't know if the browser fixes that).

I find the main problem is the virtual impossibility of staying just out of range; you more or less have to guess, and sometimes you guess wrong.
Press (tap and hold) on an enemy unit. It will highlight where it can get to (dark hexes) and where it can attack (bold-lined hexes). You have to be careful to make sure your finger is on an enemy unit because if you accidentally press an empty hex, your unit will move, if it can reach.

I discovered this quite by accident and feel I should be charging 50 diamonds for this nugget! It has improved my fighting a great deal. If you are using a phone, presumably you can't see the whole map , so this knowledge won't help as the info disappears as soon as you lift your finger.

Vesiger

Monarch
Press (tap and hold) on an enemy unit. It will highlight where it can get to (dark hexes) and where it can attack (bold-lined hexes). You have to be careful to make sure your finger is on an enemy unit because if you accidentally press an empty hex, your unit will move, if it can reach.

I discovered this quite by accident and feel I should be charging 50 diamonds for this nugget! It has improved my fighting a great deal. If you are using a phone, presumably you can't see the whole map , so this knowledge won't help as the info disappears as soon as you lift your finger.
Ooh, I knew about the dark area but had never spotted the field-of-fire indicator beyond!
That should take a lot of the guesswork out of manœuvring - where would you like your fifty diamonds?:blush:

DeletedUser111866

Also if you tap and hold on an empty reachable square, the movement path will appear while you hold without the unit actually moving anywhere. So there's no actual risk of your unit moving when doing this trick. There is some risk of doing a ttap too short, in which case the unit will move.

I am missing another thing on mobile. I have a difficulty discerning terrain there, namely bush/forest, maybe if there is an ability to get info on a cell's terrain on mobile too? If so, fighting on mobile would be a lot easier for me, and probably compared to that in the browser.

Vesiger

Monarch
I am missing another thing on mobile. I have a difficulty discerning terrain there, namely bush/forest, maybe if there is an ability to get info on a cell's terrain on mobile too? If so, fighting on mobile would be a lot easier for me, and probably compared to that in the browser.
Forest is a hex with the base of a trunk on it: I think of it as units hiding behind individual trees.
If the hex only has canopy or the top half of a trunk passing through it, then it doesn't count.

vikingraider

Emperor
Still too much guess work and risk of your units not going where you intended on the app. If you've never fought on the browser version, you don't know how much better it is.

DeletedUser108827

Forest is a hex with the base of a trunk on it: I think of it as units hiding behind individual trees.
If the hex only has canopy or the top half of a trunk passing through it, then it doesn't count.

Sory but you are not correct Vesiger and this is the all reason of this thread in the first place
your post should be "a Forest is generaly where a base of the tree start from , or bush is normaly were a bush is , or a plain is usualy where you cannot see nothing in the hex, an entrenchement is probably where you can see a circle of bags and a house as a good chance to be in a hex where a house is..."

unfortunately this is not always the case by far as I said in my post the ground have been designed with esthetics first in mind and too often the actual bonus is not for what you can see on the map.
This is not a problem on the browser application as the nature of the ground can be established when hovering above the Hex but this a big problem on the aps for high level fighters for which no confirmation of the ground exist and yes I do understand from most of the answers above that a lot of casual fighters are not too bothered if they randomly loose a unit for reasons they cant understand :)

DeletedUser111589

I'm more bothered that units sometimes move after setting them in place when tapping to attack than wrong hex

DeletedUser108827

I'm more bothered that units sometimes move after setting them in place when tapping to attack than wrong hex
if your unit move an extra hex to attack it is a player mistake , ie you havent checked your firing range correctly prior to make your move to your landing spot.
this is easily avoided if you are careful.
We are talking in this thread of problems caused by developers oversight , not problems encountered by players because their moves are not carefull enough

Status
Not open for further replies.