• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Forwarded: (Great Building) Guild Goods Donation Reward - River Dock

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser106696

my guild does dot engage in GvG, and we finance the expeditions pretty much out of OBS contributions with hardly any donations needed - we already have players "self-harming", i.e. donating useless goods to the treasury for ranking points - and I really need more incentives to waste goods in the treasury just as much as a hole in my head.

DeletedUser108379

Goods donation are rewarded now, they give ranking points. So why revive this thread?

DeletedUser105304

+ 1 from me

Our Guild isn't into GvG either, or donating for that matter, but I dont see why there shouldn't be something like the Dock for those that do.

DeletedUser110312

+1
Since we can't build anything on or near the river.. It's idea's like this that we can put something on the river.
I'd like something like this especially to show what players have contributed to their Guilds.
Even if it didn't give any rewards at all.
More you donate the bigger an fancier it becomes

DeletedUser110312

+1
Since we can't build anything on or near the river.. It's idea's like this that we can put something on the river.
I'd like something like this especially to show what players have contributed to their Guilds.
Even if it didn't give any rewards at all.
More you donate the bigger an fancier it becomes

Donate enough goods in order to max out the River Dock!
which will allow the 16 players from the Tavern to board the river Dock sailing Boat to sail against the current of the water to
Enter the CAVE located North East of the Tavern

DeletedUser110312

Donate enough goods in order to max out the River Dock!
which will allow the 16 players from the Tavern to board the river Dock sailing Boat to sail against the current of the water to
Enter the CAVE located North East of the Tavern

Nope nope Nevermind.. Just had a look there's a mountain in the way..
We might need a pick axe hahaha

DeletedUser100065

ideas now out dated really other changes too ranking points and the doners list in guilds have basically made this obsolete.

DeletedUser108047

+1
donor list is not useful given lack of filters etc
river dock is different to AF Harbour and promethium mess
Still farmers are not well recognised despite the high importance of goods production
Goods liquidity is still an issue in most hoods and guilds and one of the reasons for GvG stagnation is lack of access to goods

DeletedUser109146

NB For reference purposes, prior to this edit, of 22/01/2015, I have posted the existing at the end of this thread.
Thanks to everyone for their support and comments - special thanks to lufty, Tankovy and thanatos100

Proposal:
We value Guild Goods donations but, at present, there is no means of rewarding, or even recognising, donors.
I propose that Guild Goods donors be rewarded with a River Dock building.
This building will sit on the river front and provide a daily bonus to the owner.
The visual appeal and rewards will increase in proportion to the volume of Goods donated

Have you Checked the Ideas section for the same idea posted by someone else? - Yes
Is this idea similar to one that has been previously suggested? - No

Reason:
This will enhance the game by providing rewards for previously anonymous Guild Goods donors.
It will provide something else that we can build up and another interesting aspect to the game.
The docks will be beautifully designed and visually appealing.

Details:
The River Dock will be a Great Building with a difference.
A full set of blue-prints can be obtained by donating a nominal number of Goods to the Guild treasury.
This 'number' will be carefully calculated by the Game Developers to allow players of all Ages of the game to get a dock and will be proportional to the relative cost of those Goods.
Donations will be considered independent of other GBs (so, no counting of Observatory and Atomium donations, for example)

The Dock can be grown by Goods donations (rather than FP donations) and the more the docks grows and the higher the Permanent and Daily bonuses (as with other GB).

The Great Building Permanent bonus will be player-selectable (and re-selectable) Booster deposits (for example, Copper, Honeycomb) - this is based on the idea that trading overseas will allow better 'production'. There will be no Age restriction on which Booster can be selected - each player will, naturally, choose the best one for their own situation.

The Great Building Daily bonus will be a moderate amount of Power points and Happiness.

Visual Aids:
sadly not

Balance:
This will impact slightly on Goods production as the beneficiaries will be more productive.
However, the existing space/coin/supplies costs of production ought to provide the necessary balance.

Abuse Prevention:
No potential for abuse that I can see.

Summary:
Donate Goods to Guild and get an attractive River Dock building that grows the more you donate.
Earn a daily reward and trade that for additional bonuses to goods production.
Allow Goods donors to be recognised and rewarded and thus allow GvG to prosper.
The necessary balance will have to be found between donations and rewards.

Status
Not open for further replies.