• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Forwarded: (Great Building) Guild Goods Donation Reward - River Dock

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser2079

NB For reference purposes, prior to this edit, of 22/01/2015, I have posted the existing at the end of this thread.
Thanks
to everyone for their support and comments - special thanks to lufty, Tankovy and thanatos100

Proposal:
We value Guild Goods donations but, at present, there is no means of rewarding, or even recognising, donors.
I propose that Guild Goods donors be rewarded with a River Dock building.
This building will sit on the river front and provide a daily bonus to the owner.
The visual appeal and rewards will increase in proportion to the volume of Goods donated

Have you Checked the Ideas section for the same idea posted by someone else? - Yes
Is this idea similar to one that has been previously suggested? - No

Reason:
This will enhance the game by providing rewards for previously anonymous Guild Goods donors.
It will provide something else that we can build up and another interesting aspect to the game.
The docks will be beautifully designed and visually appealing.

Details:
The River Dock will be a Great Building with a difference.
A full set of blue-prints can be obtained by donating a nominal number of Goods to the Guild treasury.
This 'number' will be carefully calculated by the Game Developers to allow players of all Ages of the game to get a dock and will be proportional to the relative cost of those Goods.
Donations will be considered independent of other GBs (so, no counting of Observatory and Atomium donations, for example)

The Dock can be grown by Goods donations (rather than FP donations) and the more the docks grows and the higher the Permanent and Daily bonuses (as with other GB).

The Great Building Permanent bonus will be player-selectable (and re-selectable) Booster deposits (for example, Copper, Honeycomb) - this is based on the idea that trading overseas will allow better 'production'. There will be no Age restriction on which Booster can be selected - each player will, naturally, choose the best one for their own situation.

The Great Building Daily bonus will be a moderate amount of Power points and Happiness.

Visual Aids:
sadly not

Balance:
This will impact slightly on Goods production as the beneficiaries will be more productive.
However, the existing space/coin/supplies costs of production ought to provide the necessary balance.

Abuse Prevention:
No potential for abuse that I can see.

Summary:
Donate Goods to Guild and get an attractive River Dock building that grows the more you donate.
Earn a daily reward and trade that for additional bonuses to goods production.
Allow Goods donors to be recognised and rewarded and thus allow GvG to prosper.
The necessary balance will have to be found between donations and rewards.

Last edited by a moderator:

Amy Steele

General
I think this is a really great idea, and very well thought out - I would love a River Dock in my city...
+1 from me

DeletedUser2605

Great idea - I dont fight in GvG but do contribute to the Guild Goods and it would be nice if people could see who is helping out behind the scenes +1 from me :-)

DeletedUser14484

Excellent idea! It would be great to have this in the game!
+1

DeletedUser

thumb up for it - simply great idea, hope the devs will use it ;)

it's a +2 for me

DeletedUser

a very cool idea!!!! 2 thumbs waaaayyy up!!!

~we could also have donations show up in guild event notification so we can at least give props within our guilds as well
+1 +1 +1

^_^

DeletedUser7719

-1, this erases the balance of getting a Guild-Goods giving GB

EDIT: I don't hate the proposal. I am just stating that the only reason why we were introduced and wanted to build these GBs was because
1) The goods are not random
2) It saves space starting from level 1
3) We want to be nice to the guild (and weren't expecting anything in return)

Maybe if these GBs were nerfed, I would like this a bit more.

DeletedUser2989

It's possible that in that case the goods that are automatically donated count towards this dock structure as suggested.

Personally I'd like to have a dock, always have considering the river near by :) I'm not sure that I agree that it should grow in proportion to the goods donated but until I see a dock size:goods donated ratio I can't be certain. As for the reward it gives I'd rather see a boost to the GB goods output + Goods building output or something along those lines rather than adding more types of goods you can build at boosted rates.

It'd finally give a reward to those that don't fight in GvG but supply it and it would be nice to see a non military reward when it comes to GvG (other than the reduced building cost that is).

+1 to the idea so long as it's tweaked a bit :)

DeletedUser1081

I don't understand why/how you see any balance getting "erased". Maybe if you explained your objection more clearly it could be addressed.

Meanwhile I realized I'm not sure which "river" the OP means. I've always thought of the body of water in the foreground as a sea, but the body of water in the background isn't really big enough to have a dock that increases much in size. I think I'd eliminate the part of the proposal where the dock changes in appearance (same as GBs don't go through stages) - or maybe just add some pennants and parading gerbils when it reaches a peak level.

DeletedUser2079

Thank you all for your comments so far.

byoeordie: I also do not see how this would adversely affect the Observatory but do welcome your further thoughts.

I have thought more about the development and in light of comments think it would be best if there were docks for each age, with the appropriate style of decoration.
The graphical development ought to be separate from the rewards as otherwise it would get too messy for designers and developers.

As to where I see it positioned: to my eye the vegetation on the shore of the body of water bottom right-hand side of the screen most resembles riverside plants. A view of the big map shows a river coming down from the north and entering a wide mouth or bay east of the homeland. So it is probably sea but just maybe intertidal. I am not bothered either way. The best docks are close to the sea but far enough inland to be sheltered, so this one is not far off :D

DeletedUser2989

I don't understand why/how you see any balance getting "erased". Maybe if you explained your objection more clearly it could be addressed.

Meanwhile I realized I'm not sure which "river" the OP means. I've always thought of the body of water in the foreground as a sea, but the body of water in the background isn't really big enough to have a dock that increases much in size. I think I'd eliminate the part of the proposal where the dock changes in appearance (same as GBs don't go through stages) - or maybe just add some pennants and parading gerbils when it reaches a peak level.

I think his concern might be that if you get something else to boost goods production it would reduce the "need" to get the new Atonium and Observatory. I'd agree that if you enable people to get a flood of goods then it removes the challenge but if Inno had concerns of that they wouldn't have added so many Goods giving GB's to start with :)

While the reference to a "river" is incorrect it'd be perfect to put it in the bottom right corner. In reference to Gerbil's post it'd be great to see it age automatically with your town and change appearance accordingly. The size would be best off the same regardless of it's "level" :)

DeletedUser1081

As to where I see it positioned: to my eye the vegetation on the shore of the body of water bottom right-hand side of the screen most resembles riverside plants. A view of the big map shows a river coming down from the north and entering a wide mouth or bay east of the homeland.

Oh dear: I play on a laptop. I had no idea that barely-noticeable eastern river meets the larger body of water on a visible part of the screen. :eek: I think that means it would need to be more central than that.

DeletedUser7719

byeordie: I also do not see how this would adversely affect the Observatory but do welcome your further thoughts.
It makes the Observatory overpowered. It is already giving 3x the amount of support pool bonus per level AND giving 3 of each good at level 1. Trying to put all goods buildings and a Saint Basil in your city would take 19x the space than the Observatory (granted they will give more goods than the level 1 Observatory though) . The Atomium doesn't save as much space, but it is still past 2x the amount.
Adding another bonus on top of building these GBs would make it a must have for everyone.

DeletedUser99588

+1 from me but I would like to see the reward going to the goods production buildings (not GB's). For example after hitting certain levels of donations the time it takes for goods output reduces or alternatively the number it produces gets a % bonus. I also believe the donators should get points for their contributions. Inno want as many as possible participating so they need to start rewarding that participation. Current level rewards are negligible.

DeletedUser2079

... I would like to see the reward going to the goods production buildings (not GB's). ... I also believe the donators should get points for their contributions.
Thanks for that thanatos.
I posted with the same thought: reward to Goods production buildings, NOT GBs.

Status
Not open for further replies.