• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Forwarded: (Great Building) Guild Goods Donation Reward - River Dock

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser97768

Love the idea of a river dock.

However, if the river dock is going to add to the contributor's goods production, then he/she will always have an advantage over the rest of the guild in producing more goods, thereby possibly preventing others from hitting those kind of levels of donation. This could undermine everyone's tech tree development as well as cause a rush of donations for goods that may perhaps not be really required by the guild. This could also actually discourage smaller goods producers to stop donating at all...('why bother when your not going to win top spot' kinda mentality)

Another aspect is that once the dock reaches its highest level, then what? No further incentive for the donor to continue donating...

Maybe something as simple as a forge point for say, every 500 goods you donate to treasury should be incentive enough..everyone can donate at their own pace and levels of goods production, and yet be rewarded for their donations. So everyone is rewarded for their efforts.

Love the idea of a river dock, so maybe once you've hit say 10,000 goods in donations, you're entitled to one as a decoration that can add happiness or some kind of bonus somewhere. This can grow in levels based on further donations..Not only would this be of value to the donor, but it would also identify him/her as a regular contributor to those visiting his/her city.

+1 for the original idea though!

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser2989

Love the idea of a river dock.

However, if the river dock is going to add to the contributor's goods production, then he/she will always have an advantage over the rest of the guild in producing more goods, thereby possibly preventing others from hitting those kind of levels of donation. This could undermine everyone's tech tree development as well as cause a rush of donations for goods that may perhaps not be really required by the guild. This could also actually discourage smaller goods producers to stop donating at all...('why bother when your not going to win top spot' kinda mentality)

Another aspect is that once the dock reaches its highest level, then what? No further incentive for the donor to continue donating...

Maybe something as simple as a forge point for say, every 500 goods you donate to treasury should be incentive enough..everyone can donate at their own pace and levels of goods production, and yet be rewarded for their donations. So everyone is rewarded for their efforts.

Love the idea of a river dock, so maybe once you've hit say 10,000 goods in donations, you're entitled to one as a decoration that can add happiness or some kind of bonus somewhere. This can grow in levels based on further donations..Not only would this be of value to the donor, but it would also identify him/her as a regular contributor to those visiting his/her city.

+1 for the original idea though!

To answer your first point, I don't believe that it would be based on a competition of donations, just you have to donate "x" amount of goods to get the next "level" of production boost. So those that produce slower/donate less just reach those higher boosts later, they aren't blocked from getting them.

The dock is more to reward those that are donating goods as there is nothing in place at the moment that really rewards the efforts of those who are donating and not interested in building armies quickly. While it would add an incentive there are other reasons that should keep moderate levels of donation coming in.

The docks good production reward was also suggested, I believe, because it's a unique boost that would be great for the "farmers" of the game while not being so good for "fighters" as the fighters get boosts from GvG participation as it is. You could easily add other things to various levels as you've suggested which would be interesting, or leave them to other "waterside" structures of the future. :)

DeletedUser97768

To answer your first point, I don't believe that it would be based on a competition of donations, just you have to donate "x" amount of goods to get the next "level" of production boost. So those that produce slower/donate less just reach those higher boosts later, they aren't blocked from getting them.

Would be perfect then :)

DeletedUser99588

Would be nice if this was implemented. Maybe the riverdock could be a GB and you get bp's by donating to guild treasury and special event rewards.

Instead of levelling using fp's you have to donate goods to treasury and rewards as the OP suggested.

DeletedUser2079

Would be nice if this was implemented. Maybe the riverdock could be a GB and you get bp's by donating to guild treasury and special event rewards.

Instead of levelling using fp's you have to donate goods to treasury and rewards as the OP suggested.

Now that's a great idea :)

DeletedUser2989

That does actually sound like a good way to go about it. If this is forwarded however such an "option" would have to be added to the OP (otherwise it might get missed!).

DeletedUser99588

That does actually sound like a good way to go about it. If this is forwarded however such an "option" would have to be added to the OP (otherwise it might get missed!).

Over to you Gerbil :)

DeletedUser

I was thinking about that and i found it a very good idea.
Actualy there is no way to know how much WE donate to guild unless u do a Excel page for example.

DeletedUser2989

I was just re-reading the OP and was thinking that it might want to be a bit more specific about "goods donations". I don't think it's intended to count Goods from Observatories and Atomiums? If the idea gets forwarded in it's current state that might get miss interpreted...

DeletedUser2079

For reference, here is my post before edit of 22/01/2015:

Proposal:
We value Guild Goods donations but, at present, there is no means of rewarding, or even recognising, donors.
I propose that Guild Goods donors be rewarded with a River Dock building.
This building will sit on the river front and provide a daily bonus to the owner.
The visual appeal and rewards will increase in proportion to the volume of Goods donated

Have you Checked the Ideas section for the same idea posted by someone else? - Yes
Is this idea similar to one that has been previously suggested? - No

Reason:
This will enhance the game by providing rewards for previously anonymous Guild Goods donors.
It will provide something else that we can build up and another interesting aspect.
The docks will be beautifully designed and visually appealing.

Details:
The River Dock building will provide a daily Merchant Reputation Bonus.
The more goods that are donated to the Guild treasury, the more the docks grows and the higher the daily bonus.
The Merchant Reputation points can be traded for Goods Production Bonuses - this is based on the idea that trading overseas will allow better 'production'. Those who wish can get more than the usual two bonused buildings from any given age.

Visual Aids:
sadly not

Balance:
This will impact slightly on Goods production as the beneficiaries will be more productive.
However, the existing space/coin/supplies costs of production ought to provide the necessary balance.

Abuse Prevention:
No potential for abuse that I can see.

Summary:
Donate Goods to Guild and get an attractive River Dock building that grows the more you donate.
Earn a daily reward and trade that for additional bonuses to goods production.
The necessary balance will have to be found between donations and rewards.

Updated with a great new twist:
...Maybe the riverdock could be a GB and you get bp's by donating to guild treasury and special event rewards.

Instead of levelling using FP's you have to donate goods to treasury and rewards as the OP suggested.

DeletedUser5180

+1

this is a great idea

i'd love to see some sort of recognition for those donating treasury goods. I don't think it should be age specific but would like to see this building give 2 rewards

1) a percentage boost to goods produced in the players city (as goods are produced as either 5, 10 20 & 30) then 20% seems about right, rising by 20% increments every set amount of levels.

2) supplies reward, there are plenty GB's offering coins, happiness & fps but not many offering supplies and supplies are needed for producing goods so seems to make sense.

i do like the idea of a river dock but players with small cities have no access to water to place this where it would look right, perhaps one of the GB's designed previously but not used could be introduced to the game

artwork 3.png

David80

Private
+1

I would also like to see details of who is donating goods to the guild together with the types/quantities (from production or GB). All

DeletedUser105579

I have taken down my +1, and am neither +1 or -1 for now, as I would want some time to think through it.

DeletedUser653

+1 to basic idea

We have massive problem in game as we are unable to verify donations and I have proved players lying on donations only by proving they were yellow or red when they said they donated so anything which helps this issue is good.

Status
Not open for further replies.