• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

General conversation

Bellamere

Private
Like all of us , feel free to ask anything,
1 advice from me is : Stay the longer you can in Iron Age, there are a lot benefits that you will understand by time !
Sadly it's already too late for this haha. I thought that it was better to advance as quick as possible. Why is it better to stay on lower eras?

Bellamere

Private
You become very weak militarily and run out of everything quickly if your city isn’t good enough, staying in a lower era let’s you build things up so you don’t get overwhelmed
You need the lowest stats in Iron Age. The farther you go, the harder the opponents get (in general, there are always exceptions), and thus the more bonuses you need. But getting those bonuses takes time.

Thank you both, that's very helpful. I will start to focus more on getting bonusses and do some reseaech in general :blush:

RedRobin

Private
You need the lowest stats in Iron Age. The farther you go, the harder the opponents get (in general, there are always exceptions), and thus the more bonuses you need. But getting those bonuses takes time.
I am a newbie too and still learning the game. I had to move out of IA as I was running out of city space and so had to research more expansions in next age. But soon found out its a vicious cycle :rolleyes:.
How do you manage with the space crunch early in the game especially when you don't have much GBs or special buildings and depend solely on houses ?

Ati2

Legend
How do you manage with the space crunch early in the game especially when you don't have much GBs or special buildings and depend solely on houses ?
Getting useful GBs early on is essential, in my opinion. Get a Tower of Babel early on, and boom, you no longer need houses for population. Get a Chateau, that will allow you to get rid of all the goods buildings, plus you'll get a lot of gold. Income solved. Get a Himeji Castle, and you're all set with supplies production as well.

You don't need a lot of space. I have all the GBs I want built, and still have plenty of room for non-essential stuff like wishing wells. I even have GBs that take up a lot of space and are totally useless, but I don't want to delete them.

Space is not an issue if you plan ahead.

I have to add that doing all these is a lot easier in a guild that has these resources available.

DeletedUser

It makes no sense to stay longer. You get very few points for everything down here.
not really, you can fight SAM and SAAB units on GvG !
Now with the new Buildings from GE you can fight easier so more points for you !