• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

GB Points Unbalanced

DeletedUser99445

so basically you want a player to post either "i agree" or "i disagree" and offer no solution, nor discuss possible changes to solve what some say is a problem and some say is not.

won't be much of a discussion thread then

To be honest, since mrbeef accused this thread of basically being an advert, I kinda lost my way.

. ICE .

Chief Warrant Officer
If you guys read the thread you will see that its about Balance in comparison to the rest of the game.
GB's giving a millions of points for a level is far from balanced, its a Mockery.
Bring the points into balance with the rest of the game. .

Spot on.

I have no problem , with some kind of rising points per level of GB..
but not as this rate . There is the inbalance , and its a huge one.!

DeletedUser17954

those points that are given to high levels of GB's are available to EVERY PLAYER. those that fight, those that don't can still 'plonk' fps into a GB no matter how many hours a day you spend online. fighters don't use any more fps than non fighters to have the ability to pvp or gvg. that is the point im making
really akbhoy? collecting goods, like 2 min is equal to actually playing, fighting, building? wow. how does that work out? somebody puts fps in your GBs, you come and collect once a day, and get the benefit. how is that equal to playing the game?

DeletedUser17954

i really don't see the problem, everyone has the same opportunity to level their gb's so no-one has an unfair advantage over anyone else
really?? if you don't see the problem and others do, why do you bother with this thread, just keep on building the GBs. hopefully they will make another game: get a house and build it. I think people here are trying to show their concerns about the other aspects of the game.

DeletedUser100832

i really don't see the problem, everyone has the same opportunity to level their gb's so no-one has an unfair advantage over anyone else

why do you repeat arguments that were already rebuffed several pages ago?

I repeat, it's a strawman argument, because it answers the question that is not being posed: the problem here is that one way of playing the game gives exponentially more points than another. I need to win millions and millions of battles to get as many points by fighting as a gb-leveller can by just donating fp to one gb. How is that balanced?

DeletedUser7719

I think the argument Akbhoy is trying to make is that even if it takes millions and millions of battles, if you were that active to begin with, you should still have more points as the other player since you're spending the same amount of FP and should have the same level GB as the other player. There are still problems I see with that argument though:

1) The FPs in your GB does not exactly equal the amount of FP you have gained, or in other words, people who get more players to donate to their GB without needing to donate back to them (with FPs at least) will eventually score higher than those who don't.

2) Everyone does not gain the same amount of FP. Shrines and the other FP-producing buildings skew the amount of FP players gain per day and hence will gain more points eventually compared to those that use that space for military (or happen to miss the day that the item is featured).

3) I don't think anyone has brought this one up yet: you have to donate to the same GB in order to take advantage of these colossal amount of points. I personally think that is unfair as the reason why the FP-needed increases as you continue to level that same GB is so you would donate to another one when that GB becomes too high to level.

DeletedUser96901

lets divide the ranking in different more fair ones:
the fighting ranking: here only fighting counts: and the fighters can compare to each other
the collecting ranking: collecting coins and supplies. like it is part of the ranking now: but as its own ranking
the city points ranking: would really be interesting which players has the city with the most points (based on buildings points)
and last but not least: the GB ranking

so the fighters can compare to each other much better than now
the collectors can now compare to the other also better
you can compare your city better to all other cities
and the people with high great buildings don't screw the other rankings because of their points

;)

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser96745

lets divide the ranking in different more fair ones:
the fighting ranking: here only fighting counts: and the fighters can compare to each other
the collecting ranking: collecting coins and supplies. like it is part of the ranking now: but as its own ranking
the city points ranking: would really be interesting which players has the city with the most points (based on buildings points)
and last but not least: the GB ranking

so the fighters can compare to each other much better than now
the collectors can now compare to the other also better
you can compare your city better to all other cities
and the people with high great buildings don't screw the other rankings because of their points

;)

That would sound interesting. In fact you have splitted it very nicely. In order to balance things, each three groups should be worth same in points. Fighter VS Farmer VS GB leveller should have same amount of points if playing game in that strict manner.
Balance is keyword.

DeletedUser96901

should have same amount of points if playing game in that strict manner
it should have the same amount of points if used the same playing time :p

or do you really think the fighter (2 hours daily) in his fighting ranking should have the same amount of points like the collector in his ranking (2 minutes collecting each day) ???

it doesn't make sense to compare those things. so there is no need to balance each rankings to the other
because when balancing the most important thing to look at: the time invested in the game
not that the top 1 in each ranking has the same amount of points

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser96745

it should have the same amount of points if used the same playing time :p

or do you really think the fighter (2 hours daily) in his fighting ranking should have the same amount of points like the collector in his ranking (2 minutes collecting each day) ???

it doesn't make sense to compare those things. so there is no need to balance each rankings to the other
because when balancing the most important thing to look at: the time invested in the game
not that the top 1 in each ranking has the same amount of points

if one goes for full city of supplies premium buildings, backed up with supplies boost, i think that one should be levelled with fighter doing 80 fights per day (assuming they are in same era). Well that is the case now, so it is pointless to discuss that.

Only thing that stands out is GB wars. Getting a points for "one" level GB in that amount that makes up for two year fighting and collecting is just insane.

DeletedUser99445

Just received 120 Million points for a single level on my Alcatraz. It required no work or effort on my part.

DeletedUser96745

Just received 120 Million points for a single level on my Alcatraz. It required no work or effort on my part.

yeeeey congrats, now regular players can catch you in 35 years of hard playing lol. Those points are just LOL.

DeletedUser102311

So as I understand it, as less and less people are interested in GvG, then the game is now turning to a case of lets all measure the size of our GB's.....this is going to be exhilarating.

DeletedUser914

So as I understand it, as less and less people are interested in GvG, then the game is now turning to a case of lets all measure the size of our GB's.....this is going to be exhilarating.

The player who builds the highest tower of babel wins :p

DeletedUser99363

so when did alcatraz start giving coins for level ups to the owner? So far after 13lvls i do not get any points please explain?

DeletedUser101085

so when did alcatraz start giving ranking points for level ups to the owner? So far after 13lvls i do not get any points please explain?
Depend on a level of your GB, CDM gives 11.5M and Alcatraz gives 22M at level 40. You won't see any points increase in your ranking points until your GB is around level 30 where point increase in a significant amount to affect your total points in ranking.

DeletedUser99363

so anybody got lots of FP to help my cape and alctraz go over level 30+ see me in A world