• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

GB Points Unbalanced

DeletedUser99445

** GB's Have Gone Mad **
I just received 22 million points for level 40 of my Alcatraz.
Can we have the Points awarded for a GB level capped at say 100,000 points and the existing scores re balanced please.
Add Your Support to have the GB Points Capped somewhere.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser96901

uncapped GB --> so points should be uncapped too

BUT:
the increase should be linear and not exponential

so something like: level * 10000
a level 40 Alcatraz then would give 400000 points and not 22 million

or FP cost for that level * 250
ok that is not linear: but better than the current exponential grow

DeletedUser100832

it's quite clearly exponential... so you get scores of 100bn

DeletedUser99445

It is exponential but scoring Millions and Millions and eventually Billions of points from a building that I often do nothing too seems EXTREME.
Working my rear off in GvG brings nothing in comparison.
This appears to Totally Unbalance the whole game.
Is there a decent argument to support the points awarded for High Level GB's?

DeletedUser100832

It is exponential but scoring Millions and Millions and eventually Billions of points from a building that I often do nothing too seems EXTREME.

no, I agree... if you have a big guild donating FP to one of your GB you will most likely be #1 in a few months

unless someone else does the same

DeletedUser98461

This is redicolous when a player get 22 million points over a night from GB levels alone.

I thought this where a war-game, not a who can collect most FP and raise GB´s most. that is a game I don´t want to play.

I find it extremly nice of Gate 2 to take up the issue as she is the one with the top score.

But not rebalancing it, will anyhow make me play less or leave it for good.

Cheers
Peter

DeletedUser99588

Good to have you back in the forum Gate2 :)

Does seem to be a bit of a balance issue. I suspect they never thought those levels would be reached so quickly. Now they are between a rock and a hard place because whenever they nerf something there will be an uproar. Maybe from the other side of the water this time :)

DeletedUser96901

But not rebalancing it, will anyhow make me play less or leave it for good.
how does that change your gameplay or your city ?
how does it affect you that another player has now over 100 million points

Does seem to be a bit of a balance issue.
yes but it don't change anything for the players (unlike other balance issues)

or does Gate2 now have an advantage because of those points ?
which he/she wouldn't have if he/she only get 22000 points for that level and not 22 millions

DeletedUser99588

yes but it don't change anything for the players (unlike other balance issues)

I think it matters to those players that strive to make their way up the global points leader board which until now has required a lot of fighting. Doesn't really effect me as the main benefit of my score seems to be where I'm placed in the neighbourhood but others are more competitive and desire the kudos of being at the top.

DeletedUser99445

Good to have you back in the forum Gate2 :)

Does seem to be a bit of a balance issue. I suspect they never thought those levels would be reached so quickly. Now they are between a rock and a hard place because whenever they nerf something there will be an uproar. Maybe from the other side of the water this time :)

Thanks for the welcome :)

DeletedUser7719

The "most decent" argument would have to be since the bonuses were nerfed after level 10, this would be made up by the points the GBs bring (< that is what was told to us in the Innogames TV episode where they answered our "most pressing" questions.)

But yes, I have to agree with you, and either of Test Ament's suggestions would be fine as well

DeletedUser97349

I will request for more information from the design team on this issue on Monday. I can see a legitimate concern for competitive players.

DeletedUser7719

And I wasn't implying that GvG was intended to help a single player grow, merely pointing out that the rewards of GB levelling are Extreme when compared to the effort/reward ratio of everything else in FOE and that includes GvG
So your not being fair even if you start with "To be fair"
You're right about that. My apologies.

Repeating the info passed on by the developers is not a decent argument, it's simply taking the role of the messenger and repeating the information already out there.
I am stating why it was made that way to begin with. It wasn't aimed at anyone who already knew/remembered that response.

DeletedUser99445

Lets hope we can move this forward to balanced points system. I am more than happy to have my total points score rolled back and in line with any new system they come up with.

DeletedUser

Yes rebalance it, been working my behind off fighting to earn my score, shouldn't be passed because someone invests more heavily in a GB while doing nothing else.

DeletedUser9614

I think giving large quantities of points for GBs is very good idea. This gives an opportunity for people who use alternative methods of playing not only to those that repeat 100 battles everyday -- not good.

DeletedUser9614

Seserous Omega,

you will not be passed just by a person who simply adds FPs to their GB. You will be passed by a person who is sophisticated in gaining FPs. Only when you reach close to lvl40, the GB start to have an effect on the score.

It was promised by developers that lvls of GBs were nerfed but score was increased per lvl.

Cap 100,000 of per lvl does not introduce alternative method of winning. It only becomes an augmentation of people who repeat fights everyday.