• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

FoE Wish List

DeletedUser

More wishes

In Event History, instead of 'Visit' can we have visit only if you can do something otherwise a repeat of the countdown clock that you would find under an avatar. It's bad enough most of the time but during this Easter event it's a complete pain in the posterior.

When you visit someone can we have their avatar, and mouse-over text, appear instead of the invite head. Adding the last few mentions of them from Event History to the mouse-over would be nice too.

The ability to see the top corner of your/other people's city would be nice to, how about another level of zooming out, or just more scroll available.

And I agree that the new event pop-up is a pain, particularly in combat. I'm not interested! I'll look at the Event History when I am.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser5180

More wishes

In Event History, instead of 'Visit' can we have visit only if you can do something otherwise a repeat of the countdown clock that you would find under an avatar. It's bad enough most of the time but during this Easter event it's a complete pain in the posterior.

having the visit button greyed out if an action cannot be done in that person's city would be the answer. if you need to visit that player's city for any other reason - donate to gb's etc then it could still be done by pressing the button, the greyed colour would just be a visual aid

DeletedUser4089

Well, I'm sure there are some that would complain about it not appearing within the week after hearing 'soon'.. so you know... an ish is always good :P

DeletedUser100341

My three wishes (rub the lamp)

1) The program remembers where I positioned my city on the screen. Every time I reenter the game I have to move it to my preferred position. If I expand contract I have to move it back to my preferred position.
2) A way to edit the email distribution list. If I forward a PM I want to add or delete a recipient.
3) Wish for more wishes like 4, 5 and 6.
4) A way to search the guild/neighbor scroll bar. Say I can search by position or autofill like in the email address box.
5) Simple HTML in the guild forum like here.
6) A simple description for emails. That way the topic of the email doesn't get lost at the bottom.

DeletedUser100341

I know I'm out of wishes but thought of another one. Be able to put a link to a guild forum thread in an email. That way I could direct a new comer to an existing page on the guild forum.

DeletedUser7719

en6.forgeofempires.com/game/forum
*replace "6" with the number you see in your URL when playing the game

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser15425

Hi all,

my wish is simple - more characters in the City name field... my guild for example requires that we put our motivating/polishing wishes in the city name, which sometimes leads to towns just being called MOTIVATE or something like that. I dislike that. I want to name my town whatever I want AND have space for an abbrevation like MP or SPC or whatever... it can't be that hard to add a few characters to a field, so I hope you do that. thanks!

in my case the town name I want is Diagongranden - and with that, the field is already full...

DeletedUser102246

Two wishes immediately comes to mind:

1) Disable Notifications During Combat. It's really annoying to get interrupted in the middle of a close battle for an "urgent message" about JohnDoe123 polishing your statue.

2) Expand Merchant Trading Options Since we are routinely required to spend goods from 3 different eras on research and empire expansion the Merchants should offer trades for the same at equivalent rates:
Player needs goods for tech level -1. Cost = 5:1, i.e. pay (5) Iron for (1) Stone
Player needs goods for tech level +1. Cost = 20:1, so pay (20) Stone for (1) Iron

Neither of these imbalances the game in my view. Trading between players would still be a much better deal, but you'd have decent options for a few missing points, and players could focus on producing current tech goods. Shouldn't an EMA empire be making iron, not lumber?

DeletedUser7719

1)
Features and Changes
  • Goods should now appear instantly after a trade, no refresh or change of screen required.
  • Split the quest "First research" in to two quests
  • The Atomium Great Building is now available
  • There is now a message in mailbox which states that messages are stored only 60 days
  • The event history will no longer show up during battles
Are you sure this isn't fixed yet?

2) If this was implemented, there would be almost no point in building higher-aged goods. I also don't see the problem with a city in the Modern Era to be producing gold even though game-wise there is almost no point

DeletedUser7719

If you mean the message system, yes. You can put the link down, and ask the guild member to copy and paste it in their web address. You can actually get the specific page you want to show if you view the guild forum in a separate tab/window and pay attention to the URL

DeletedUser100341

If you mean the message system, yes. You can put the link down, and ask the guild member to copy and paste it in their web address. You can actually get the specific page you want to show if you view the guild forum in a separate tab/window and pay attention to the URL

What I was hoping for is a tag like in the forum. But what you showed me is useful. Yes copy and paste will do. Thanks.

DeletedUser96875

What would be great is the ability to temporarily "store" buildings. It would make redesigning/rearranging your city much easier. Now you can only sell buildings, or move them about. If you still want to keep the building, selling and rebuilding is quite an expensive option, and moving buildings about is not always possible due to lack of space.

DeletedUser4089

What would be great is the ability to temporarily "store" buildings. It would make redesigning/rearranging your city much easier. Now you can only sell buildings, or move them about. If you still want to keep the building, selling and rebuilding is quite an expensive option, and moving buildings about is not always possible due to lack of space.

Welcome to the forums, nice to see you here.

Your wish however, will not come true.
These ideas will not be implemented:

Rotating buildings to make placement easier (which would erode the central challenge of the game too much).
Having a "holding area" for buildings to make rearranging easier (likewise).
Exchanging coins for supplies and/or goods, or vice versa (likewise).

PS. Blackadder's Melchett?