• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

New Content FoE on Android

DeletedUser99588

Update

Managed to get into my city and actually see the buildings once. All other times it either performs a repeated downloading of content with sporadic warning messages of low bandwidth which must be a server side issue as I have a high bandwidth connection. The annoying thing about these warning messages is the download pauses until you press the ok button which means you have to sit there watching it all the time instead of being able to go away and do something else while it sorts itself out. This is not a small issue as it has taken between 45mins to an hour of this downloading of content before getting a city to load with black background or the one and only time having buildings visible. Why does it need to keep downloading so much content. I can understand an initial large download but then it really should be just small changes.

So please get rid of this message or at the very least have the download continue in the background without the need to press ok.

Hopefully these are just teething problems and can be resolved.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser103186

I play in 2 worlds but I can't seem to (or haven't found yet) switch to the other world on Android. Any help?

DeletedUser15757

I play in 2 worlds but I can't seem to (or haven't found yet) switch to the other world on Android. Any help?

Open Settings and then Logout, it will return you to the login screen. From there you can login again and select another world.

patrick3377

Corporal
to switch between them you need to LogOut (in settings, there's an option to do that). This will bring you the login screen and you can choose the other world.
That's not most-intuitive way to exit, at least the logout option should be on the top of the options list.

As about the closing the FoE on android, do the same: logout. Then the home button will work, and when u click it, application is shut down... however some services may work, depends on FoE setting you use, like notifications. You can check that is true in your mobile/tablet settings -> Apps -> (tab) Running.

Ps. I wanna diamonds, not medals :) ;)

DeletedUser107001

Password Issues

This is a feedback thread for the announcement viewable here.

No matter what I do. I am unable to log into the Android application with my user name and password. I have logged out and in a million times to confirm. I have also changed it several times. Any ideas?

patrick3377

Corporal
No matter what I do. I am unable to log into the Android application with my user name and password. I have logged out and in a million times to confirm. I have also changed it several times. Any ideas?

Best is to contact support. However, check the server you're trying to log in. It may be US for example (right-top corner of the login screen). Change that to EN (british flag).

Apps use your mobile locale, and default server may be different from what you play on your computer.

DeletedUser104498

I just want to congratulate Inno games on having developed an Android app for FoE. It works just fine for me and now that I have taken a little bit of time to get to know how to use it I think it is fantastic. Well done and thanks.

If I wanted any changes it would be a 'Log off' button on the main screen in the top right hand corner as it is annoying having to go through settings, scroll and touch to change worlds. I would also like to have the same functionality around getting back to Guild members GB's that I am supporting with FP's as in the main game. Finally I note the Captain treasure sailing doesn't visit the Android app either.

Great job all the same, and I look forward to the tweaks and updates. Just being able to play remotely is such a bonus. Very impressed.

DeletedUser

why I can't access to my account in android!? It start from stone age !

DeletedUser97349

why I can't access to my account in android!? It start from stone age !

Hello kingfarhad , and welcome to the forums. Please check the server you are attempting to log in on matches the server on the browser version. You can choose your server on the main login page for the app; there is a small flag icon in the top right. Press this to open a menu from which you can pick your server. This is the English International (EN) server and appears as a British flag.

DeletedUser14881

Any news about the "reward" we, Androiders, are receiving? Or at least an explanation because even if I understand the goal of every game company is profit, after so many good things I've seen here (compared to the other game I used to play), I don't want to believe Inno would do such capitalist distinction between their players.

ddevil

Chief Warrant Officer
I just want to congratulate Inno games on having developed an Android app for FoE. It works just fine for me and now that I have taken a little bit of time to get to know how to use it I think it is fantastic. Well done and thanks.

If I wanted any changes it would be a 'Log off' button on the main screen in the top right hand corner as it is annoying having to go through settings, scroll and touch to change worlds. I would also like to have the same functionality around getting back to Guild members GB's that I am supporting with FP's as in the main game. Finally I note the Captain treasure sailing doesn't visit the Android app either.

Great job all the same, and I look forward to the tweaks and updates. Just being able to play remotely is such a bonus. Very impressed.

I second each and every word of this comment .... Couldn't have said it better myself .....Love the Android version ... The game looks really good on my tablet ... graphically and gameplay-wise ... As many have already suggested I also feel that there should be a log out option on the game screen and also something to make us go back to the main screen of the phone / tablet....It becomes really hard to come out of the game at the moment ... I can ofcourse come out of one world using the log out option in the settings menu but cannot come out of the game completely without pressing the HOME button... This i feel is something really important and urgent requirement otherwise its a fantastic app ... Congratulations Innogames - Tobias and his team of the FOE Mobile developer team - for an excellent app... Great Job and hope for better things to come in future on the Android version .

By the way would have been more happy if Android players also had received the same treatment as Apple users ... 50 diamonds instead of the useless 50 medals ... Doesn't look fair but then since I am happy with the app don't want make it a real big issue ... have fun ... regards ...

ddevil

DeletedUser97349

The quest 'Go Mobile' has been rewarding medals for iOS players also now for some time; this was changed many months ago. I will ask for the reasons behind this when the office opens tomorrow.

DeletedUser14664

The quest 'Go Mobile' has been rewarding medals for iOS players also now for some time; this was changed many months ago. I will ask for the reasons behind this when the office opens tomorrow.

would be nice for everyone to get diamonds

DeletedUser103117

I can't sign in to the app it says incorrect user name but I double checked and it is correct.

DeletedUser2438

It's been a long time coming but glad it's here, i dread to think how many FP's i've wasted whilst i've been sat at work not being able to get on the game! I like it as it enables me to get on and do the basics without having to read messages etc, i do understand some peoples frustration at not having the full functionality the browser version offers but for part time during the day it's a big thumbs up from me.

I do have one question and it's probably me being a tech biff, when i clear the cache on my phone (Samsung Note II) i have to reinstall the 280mb update, i thought if it was an update it stays within the game itself. Tried to install via network and got the "bandwith/more space/etc" message that others have been getting (i have around 37G free space). Does clearing the cache wipe out the update, i'm using AVG cleaner?

DeletedUser97349

I do have one question and it's probably me being a tech biff, when i clear the cache on my phone (Samsung Note II) i have to reinstall the 280mb update, i thought if it was an update it stays within the game itself. Tried to install via network and got the "bandwith/more space/etc" message that others have been getting (i have around 37G free space). Does clearing the cache wipe out the update, i'm using AVG cleaner?

I have asked about this, the app itself is still up to date, however by cleaning your cache in this way you are removing your stored game data, which is why you are prompted to update after doing this.

We would strongly recommend against doing this for players who are playing with a 'Guest' account particularly, as this would remove your game if you have not registered your account.

DeletedUser2438

I have asked about this, the app itself is still up to date, however by cleaning your cache in this way you are removing your stored game data, which is why you are prompted to update after doing this.

We would strongly recommend against doing this for players who are playing with a 'Guest' account particularly, as this would remove your game if you have not registered your account.

Cheers for that, it's as i suspected (my own biffness lol). It's on my own account, just need to work out how to set AVG so it doesn't pick up FoE when i clear the cache now.

DeletedUser107001

Best is to contact support. However, check the server you're trying to log in. It may be US for example (right-top corner of the login screen). Change that to EN (british flag).

Apps use your mobile locale, and default server may be different from what you play on your computer.

Thanks!!!! :)