• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Fall Event Stoppers

• Thread starter DeletedUser113976
  • Start date

DeletedUser113976

Actually @DarkUros222 my suggestion has never been to allow BA players to do more than they currently can -- my suggestion was very simple and straight forward to remove the events that would block or nearly block completing a Task for all Ages -- I just focused on BA because it has the most obvious blocks.

As for staying in BA for longer than extreme short periods as you suggest I disagree. I am sitting in BA for only long enough to set the ground work before moving forward. Is it slower yes but I am not in a hurry, is it camping no my intentions have never been to stay there indefinitely I have a plan for when I will move out of BA with that account and as soon as I complete those goals I will move on to IA. Interestingly enough I have actually found some coincidental seeming benefits associated with being in BA that I do not seem to experience with my EMA player. I am monitoring these to see if they are what they seem to appear to be or just happy happenstance.

@Test Ament again it has never been about COMPLETING THE EVENT it has only and always been just about being able to COMPLETE A SINGLE TASK please get your facts straight. The rest of your arguments are simply against your own Straw Man as I have never stated that as being an issue.

Further as you have so amply pointed out to fully enjoy an Event you must be more than an Inexperienced Casual player making Events not for All as they advertised/promoted but for those who are Experienced and perhaps only Hardcore which means they are by definition Game Detractors for some players which in turn may cause those said players to leave the game prematurely to go find another game that does not have such detractors. I am not sure how you (or anyone else for that matter) cannot understand the concept of this being a lose-lose scenario for the game in the long run.

DeletedUser113976

@SirFrancis I will have to agree to disagree with you on that and state that your seemingly absolute authority is anything but absolute and definitely not an authority. Just because you did not experience an Event Blocker in the Event you did when in BA (or whatever Age it was you were in) does not mean they do not exist. Now I have completed Events as well in BA with both Accounts but that was because that Event did not have an Event Blocker that effected a BA player. It has only been recently that I encountered an Event Blocker in an Age other than BA.

Now again if one has to investigate an Event thoroughly to the point of pre-planning way in advance then that player is no longer a casual player and thus that means the Events are not truly meant for ALL players just those that are hardcore enough to take the extra time to go find where someone has posted what the Event Tasks (assuming these have been posted somewhere) are going to be and then figure out way in advance how to complete each of these Tasks.

Then again your argument seems to be mostly about completing the entire Event and my post is about being able to complete a single Task not the entire Event.

So what part of fun for ALL -- not being fun for ALL -- do many of you folks not seem to comprehend. Many of you keep saying IF you become something more than just a casual player these will not be Event Blockers -- which is exactly my point they are Event Blockers UNLESS you become something more than just a casual player. So you are constantly proving my point -- it is not fun for ALL

Further you folks seem to get the wrong impression constantly and seemingly consistently that I find it a personal detraction for the game which is not true. The reason I brought this up was that I see it has a game deterrent and game deterrents will cause some players to leave a game. My suggestions was made for the mere purpose of helping to increase the player base and thus the potential profitability of this game by helping to retain as many active players as possible. Its a much bigger vision than most of you seem to be able to understand.

DeletedUser111359

They are only "event blockers" if you play poorly and don't take steps (including advancing an era) to get past them. Your difficulty seeing a path past simple quests is a reflection of your poor play, and in no way is indicative of quests that are just too difficult.

New players don't sit in one tech twiddling their thumbs. They advance. We all did back when we started, because advancing lets you do more things, and that's interesting to new players.

You have to actually work at it to stay in BA, by making conscious choices. Until you get to IA, the only things you can spend FP on, are trade (poor choice) and tech (the obvious path ahead). So staying in BA isn't going to be something beginners do. Every hour they get a new FP to spend, and have little to nowhere to spend it other than advancing towards a new era, and so they are going to march ahead and be out of BA long before any of the quests in an event become impediments.

Last edited by a moderator:

Agent327

Overlord
I am sitting in BA for only long enough to set the ground work before moving forward.

From the OP

Now due to earlier events I can no longer successfully progress on the Campaign map by fighting so I cannot use that to win any Battles which is my only option when in the Bronze Age.

Earlier events means more than one, so you are in Bronze since March.

DeletedUser111359

I am sitting in BA for only long enough to set the ground work before moving forward.

What "ground work"? You can't unlock more than a couple expansions without advancing. You can't stockpile goods other than BA really. You can't build up an army, because they'll be low tech and useless almost immediately. You can't even donate to other GB's to collect BP's to work on building. And within a few days you'll run out of things to spend FP on, and literally be throwing them away/not using them.

BA exists to give you a feel for how the basic game mechanics work, and that's it. There's no ground work to lay.

Thomas Covenent

Lieutenant-General
What "ground work"? You can't unlock more than a couple expansions without advancing. You can't stockpile goods other than BA really. You can't build up an army, because they'll be low tech and useless almost immediately. You can't even donate to other GB's to collect BP's to work on building. And within a few days you'll run out of things to spend FP on, and literally be throwing them away/not using them.

BA exists to give you a feel for how the basic game mechanics work, and that's it. There's no ground work to lay.
The only thing I can foresee being feasible, would be to perhaps spend say 2-3 weeks in BA to;
1. Farm as many 2x 24hr blacksmith productions as possible to build up both supplies + some quest rewards. (aiming for fp packages + goods)
2. Farm as many BA goods as possible to make it easier to jump strait into GE's as soon as you can once you move into Iron Age.
3. Spend time guild-hopping as often as possible to farm both bp's across all ages + additional coins.

Might not be a terrible idea, especially if you want to start into a 'new' world say, just as a big seasonal event finishes...
Also, would be an incredibly smart idea to just ignore the main story storey quests + c-map entirely in BA. Gives you a couple extra 'easy' provinces saved up for better IA camping behind the PvP tech while you work on building up your Zeus + CoA/CdM & 100% safe goods farming before activating the 'hood PvP. ;)

DeletedUser113470

...you claim that my ability to not get past an Event Blocker is because I cannot see a path past it but the actual truth is not only do I know all the current paths past them I have probably made up a few of my own
If there are known paths past the problem, and even more paths that only you are clever enough to figure out, then how is this an "Event Blocker"?
Pick a path and take it. Or don't complete the event. Make a decision and live with the consequences.
Just don't expect INNO to provide yet another path to solving a problem that doesn't exist.

DeletedUser111359

The only thing I can foresee being feasible, would be to perhaps spend say 2-3 weeks in BA to;
1. Farm as many 2x 24hr blacksmith productions as possible to build up both supplies + some quest rewards. (aiming for fp packages + goods)
2. Farm as many BA goods as possible to make it easier to jump strait into GE's as soon as you can once you move into Iron Age.
3. Spend time guild-hopping as often as possible to farm both bp's across all ages + additional coins.

Might not be a terrible idea, especially if you want to start into a 'new' world say, just as a big seasonal event finishes...
Also, would be an incredibly smart idea to just ignore the main story storey quests + c-map entirely in BA. Gives you a couple extra 'easy' provinces saved up for better IA camping behind the PvP tech while you work on building up your Zeus + CoA/CdM & 100% safe goods farming before activating the 'hood PvP. ;)

Blacksmiths aren't very good, or efficient for actually producing goods. Once you advance past them, the only reason you see them in cities afterwards, is when people want to keep a collection of them around for the inevitable "do productions of time period X, Y times" bits on events, and DC's. Advancing to IA and building better production buildings is going to stockpile supplies far faster than idling.

And farming BA goods to jump into GE isn't worth the time. In my most recent world I've completed GE4 every single week I've played, outside the first 2. The first week was a partial, by the second week I was in a guild, but not quite in time to get GE rolling. Every week since I've completed GE4, without any time wasted "stockpiling goods". The expansions available from moving up the tech ladder give you more production than idling in BA will ever do. And the increased medal production means more expansions sooner as well.

DeletedUser113976

@coco87 what you are failing to understand is there are Event Blockers because not everyone can get around them or knows how to get around them. Further all of these solutions to these Event Blockers require that the player be something other than a BA-inexperienced-casual player which has been one of constant major stumbling blocks many just cannot seem to comprehend. I mean just how hard is it to comprehend that there might be other types of players that would enjoy playing this game. Does someone remain indefinitely at being a BA-inexperienced-casual player not if the player stays with the game but if they should experience an Event Blocker while in this category they may just quit before ever getting any further.

Next just because I and many others have figured out ways around most of these Event Blockers does not mean they still do not exist. It just means you have to be something other than a BA-inexperienced-casual player.

So is that really that hard to understand? Some folks seem to have grasped the concept but many of you are still basically arguing what appears to be -- that the BA-inexperienced-casual player is not a viable player that would do an Event -- or at least that appears to be your stance -- and that is 100% incorrect since absolutely every new player starts there. Now if this is not your stance then please clarify how it is not.

As to not solving the problem that you cannot seem to comprehend that actually does exist as I have outlined more than once -- would be a shame. For as I have pointed out not doing so is a lose-lose scenario for Inno games and I am hoping they are a lot smarter than many of you appear not to be.

@coco87 what you are failing to understand is there are Event Blockers because not everyone can get around them or knows how to get around them. Further all of these solutions to these Event Blockers require that the player be something other than a BA-inexperienced-casual player which has been one of constant major stumbling blocks many just cannot seem to comprehend. I mean just how hard is it to comprehend that there might be other types of players that would enjoy playing this game. Does someone remain indefinitely at being a BA-inexperienced-casual player not if the player stays with the game but if they should experience an Event Blocker while in this category they may just quit before ever getting any further.

Next just because I and many others have figured out ways around most of these Event Blockers does not mean they still do not exist. It just means you have to be something other than a BA-inexperienced-casual player.

So is that really that hard to understand? Some folks seem to have grasped the concept but many of you are still basically arguing what appears to be -- that the BA-inexperienced-casual player is not a viable player that would do an Event -- or at least that appears to be your stance -- and that is 100% incorrect since absolutely every new player starts there. Now if this is not your stance then please clarify how it is not.

As to not solving the problem that you cannot seem to comprehend that actually does exist as I have outlined more than once -- would be a shame. For as I have pointed out not doing so is a lose-lose scenario for Inno games and I am hoping they are a lot smarter than many of you appear not to be.

Events Are Not for Casual Players - Why should they be. They have daily quests - the operative word is DAILY!
Players who wish to do an event, must play Every Single Day! After playing Every Single Day, They won't be a BA-inexperienced-casual player!

Thomas Covenent

Lieutenant-General
1. If you only very casually play say 10-12 days of a 21 day long event, you have no right to expect you can complete both the sequential & daily quest lines. (the inclusion of DAILY quests is a big hint advertising that you'll need daily play to fully complete said event!)
2. If you play for only an hour or less every day during a 21 day long event, then you better have a well organised plan & perhaps do some pre-event prep if you want to finish all the quests, since your daily time is limited.
3. If you are an active daily player and somehow can't complete the event, then you need to learn better tactics and/or city organisation.

There is honestly no possible way that Inno can make these events any easier beyond just flat out removing any c-map requirements.
BA players may have a more difficult time with the fighting aspects, but really, if you're in BA past 3-4 days then that's on you!
9/10 so-called 'noobs' will race through the BA techs anyways, as it's far more common that new players end up treating FoE like a Civvies and/or SimCity type game to begin with. (hence all the whining and crying over PvP & plundering!)

DeletedUser113976

Okay @Thomas Covenent you have completely missed the boat -- I can only guess perhaps its due to all the confusing posts that I am aware that the Moderator has not done anything about even though I have specifically requested that they do so.

For again I have stated quite clearly more than once that -- This has nothing to do with completing the Event (also I am talking about the "special" Events not the Daily Event as some folks seemed to have gotten confused about) This post has only ever been about not being able to complete an individual Task within an Event.

As such your entire post is meaningless.

DeletedUser111359

Actually if you can't complete an individual task in the event, then by definition you won't complete the event either. And if you can complete the event, then you have by definition found a way to complete the tasks.

And the fact remains, that there are no BA Blockers. Because if you can't get past a task because you're still in BA, you still have the option to advance out of BA and clear the path in the process.

Your original thesis is BS.

DeletedUser113976

@SirFrancis yes while that is true -- I have specifically stated that the thread has nothing to do with actually completing the entire Event because you might not complete the entire Event for many reasons and I am not saying that the Event has to be 100% complete-able by everyone in order for enjoyment to be had by All. However having a single Task be prohibitive for any reason is an Event Detractor and which others have agreed with and is what contradicts what was being promoted -- and that is the Event would be fun for All

As for your claim that there are no BA Blockers your own solution basically takes you out of BA thus null and voids your claim. If you cannot do the Task while in BA then if you are in BA it blocks you and in order to unblock it you have to get out of BA. Thus in the end your solution clarifies the blocker and contradicts the claim that it should be "Fun for All" and instead states that it is only Fun for those who are not in the Bronze Age. Fairly basic concept actually

DeletedUser111359

Staying in BA isn't something beginners do. Choosing to stay in BA is something only an advanced (and stupid) player would do. Anyone new to the game would see FP piling up and being wasted, research tech, move into IA, and get past the "block"

The only way you can actually be "blocked" by these, is if you choose to linger in BA, and thus choose to be blocked.

And if you choose to close off a variety of parts of the game from being accessible, you have no room to complain what one more of them being just a little more difficult. The solution already exists to the problem you are complaining about. Move out of BA, and the problem just disappears.

Or stay in BA and live with your choices.

DeletedUser

Lolol! this thread is by no means a promotion for BA :lol:
Camping in BA is absolutely original though.

DeletedUser99692

There are many paths through the game all of which have been devised by individual players. What we have here is a failure to understand that events are based on what the average player is capable of achieving. The average player does not decide to stay in an age that should take no more than a week to move through. There are lots of things that the average player is capable of. Why should the development team have to dumb down events for those who are not average who have made a choice to follow their own path through the game. Why bother with quests at all why not give everyone the prize for just logging in.

Personally on two of my worlds I have made the choice not to progress my game past their current ages. When a quest says research a technology with no alternative then I shrug my shoulders and accept my fate. After all I made my choice. Events are not and never will be tailored for the individual best to accept that and move on or not as the case maybe.

I would be more concerned that this particular type of player may be using this particular world as a push account. I have reported Iron age campers that do nothing but donate to other GB without ever getting one and never progressing past that age. I have seen Arcs with 20 to 30 accounts with such "Donaters" - all donating about 10 to 30 fp's per level of the GB - never getting a spot and never building any GB.

Note: If I remember correctly, a player must be in Iron age to donate to a GB.

DeletedUser111359

I would be more concerned that this particular type of player may be using this particular world as a push account. I have reported Iron age campers that do nothing but donate to other GB without ever getting one and never progressing past that age. I have seen Arcs with 20 to 30 accounts with such "Donaters" - all donating about 10 to 30 fp's per level of the GB - never getting a spot and never building any GB.

Note: If I remember correctly, a player must be in Iron age to donate to a GB.

Yeah, if you're in BA, the only things you can do with FP are tech, and trades.