• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Fall Event Stoppers

• Thread starter DeletedUser113976
  • Start date

DeletedUser113976

Well it was nice that they have 2 paths (choices) to complete various items in the Fall Event however in both of these I now have complete the following options:

Solve 5 encounters in the Guild Expeditions or win 5 Battles without losing

Now due to earlier events I can no longer successfully progress on the Campaign map by fighting so I cannot use that to win any Battles which is my only option when in the Bronze Age. As for the Guild Expeditions you cannot even do those when in the Bronze Age

Of course this is not limited to just the Fall Event this occurs in just about every event that puts before a Bronze Age player a combination of these two events since in the Bronze Age you cannot attack other players and eventually you cannot win on the Campaign Map and of course you can never participate in Guild Expeditions. When choosing or setting the tasks for a player their Age ought to be seriously taken into account -- requesting players to do prohibitive things is ludicrous and just unfair even if its a secondary option. Please look into fixing this obvious oversight in your task setting process.

My suggestion would be :

1) Completely eliminate anything associated with Guild Expedition tasks if the player cannot due Guild Expeditions or at least definitely remove them from being given to Bronze Age players. I state it this way because there are other tasks that are extremely difficult for a Bronze Age player due to their inability to actually participate within Guild Expeditions that are GE oriented and these ought to be removed as well.

2) Instead of having to win any unwinable battles set them up to have to either fight 10 battles like when you present the task of Beat this Army and give them opponents they have a chance of beating or give them the task to kill so many units even if they cannot win the Battle on the Campaign map they can most likely at least kill a few units each time and eventually whittle away at that goal.

DeletedUser109475

One event isn't going to be a game changer, if previous events have pushed the continent map out of reach then is there anything much to be gained by remaining in BA? I'm an advocate of planning and stockpiling prior to an era jump but BA doesn't have much to offer beyond an introduction to the basic game mechanics.

Emberguard

Legend
Bronze Age isn't the only age facing that problem. If you haven't (for whatever reason) raised fighting GBs high enough, or gone beyond the age you're in on the continent map, it's very likely you'll have some weeks where it's impossible to complete "win X battles". The further along in the ages the less easy neighbours you have (by industrial you'll be incredibly lucky to have that many in a row with spears).

So if you have gone too far in GE then you'd have to wait a full week before being able to complete the fighting battles quests if you're unable to exhaust other avenues

At least with bronze you have an option no other age does - going upto Iron and beelining to PvP where there's easy pickings

DeletedUser96901

My suggestion would be :
3) events will only be available after you researched xy in iron age

like many other things that are unlocked after researching something in iron age

DeletedUser113976

Well I have to say the responses here were much better than those encountered on the US server, I applaud the EN audience. Still just to make it clear my stance was to make the game more enjoyable for everyone and not specifically better just for me. Personally I am looking at the situation from an overview level not from a micro-mindset.

The BA brick wall was encountered at around 35 & 36 out of 75 so basically you are denied from doing half of it. Not challenging as it is suggested but literally denied due to the Age you are in. Personally I could careless for myself it is what it is just another reason not to pump more money into the game as it simply is meant to cater to specific audience rather than a more general audience. Still if it is the game designers intent to deny you more than half of the event then they ought to promote it as such. The advertisement for this strongly suggests that it can be completed by everyone if only a bit challenging which is obviously not the case. It is all about expectations

I also encountered an EMA time denier at 70 out of 75 because I simply was not aware it was going to be there and I do not have so much free time that I can focus on a game as life is simply that much more important. Basically this was with only 17 hours remaining I was tasked to do something that took 24 hours minimum. Why do that so late in the event just to deny folks advancement because they do not live and breathe the game?

Would I have been annoyed at not completing the Event not all as - as stated it is not a game changer and fully I understand that unless you have that kind of free time on your hands you may not make it to the end before time runs out. What I found annoying is to be prevented from striving forward because the design denies someone for not having all that extra free time needed to have advanced to a certain point. It as if some just do not understand that having things like this in a game can cause less folks to want to play it which is a lose-lose scenario for everyone that likes the game. My approach is not to make the game "easier" per-sae just simply do not make it preventative. I believe both of my suggestions simply removed the road-blockers and replaced them instead with enjoyable challenges.

As for staying in an BA (or any age for that matter) that is not even the reason for the BA suggestions. It effects everyone that is in BA those who have chosen to sit and prepare themselves properly before advancing (per the game design as has been denoted by the game designers -- aka it is meant to be played slowly and enjoyed over a long period of time) as well as those that have just joined and simply have not had the time to advance out of the BA age prior to an event such as this coming up. Does putting road-blocks in place (intentionally as some on the US server suggested) encourage folks to advance, some perhaps but more likely it is going to cause more to feel the game is not meant for them and cause them leave the game for a more enjoyable one that does not deny them aspects of the game just because they do not have large amounts of free time to dedicate to just this game.

Lastly I do not believe my suggestions are the end-all-solution they were just a couple of suggestions on how to prevent a game downer. Perhaps someone else might have a better idea that would remove event stoppers (aka enjoyment deniers) that are challenging but not denying.

Even Test Aments suggestion is another viable solution as like with many things that are not available to you until a certain level within IA -- it sets a more appropriate expectation. You know fully well you cannot do something until you advance to a certain point in the game but again this implies that once I have achieved this I will not encounter event deniers (which is not the case) due to some other unforeseen limiter. Again my suggestions were aimed solely at making the game more enjoyable to everyone which in the long run is a win-win scenario for everyone and what is not to like about a win-win scenario.

Thanks to all of you who put forth constructive feedback by the way.

DeletedUser115027

I also encountered an EMA time denier at 70 out of 75 because I simply was not aware it was going to be there and I do not have so much free time that I can focus on a game as life is simply that much more important. Basically this was with only 17 hours remaining I was tasked to do something that took 24 hours minimum. Why do that so late in the event just to deny folks advancement because they do not live and breathe the game?
Production and scouting can be sped up by using diamonds.

My suggestion would be :
3) events will only be available after you researched xy in iron age

like many other things that are unlocked after researching something in iron age
I don't think that would be necessary though. Early event rewards can provide a nice boost for someone just starting out. And when new players hit a quest that requires them to be in IA they would probably just advance. All the complaints seem to be coming from experienced players who have started a new city and decided to remain in BA for longer... well if you're an experienced player you should know that deciding to camp comes with trade-offs, one of them being that events are harder to complete if you're camping in BA.

DeletedUser111359

There are also rushes to speed up production. And the scouting could have been planned for easily.

DeletedUser113976

Note: if I do not respond to your messages it is most likely because I have already identified you as a Troll and I have (and/or the admins have) blocked you Still the few glimpses I have seen of said blocked content is basically holding true to the reason you were blocked to begin with -- pure trollisms Just letting you know that your trolling is fruitless.

Erinne yes things could be sped up using diamonds but that seemed extremely excessive 670 diamonds to complete 1 task? Again the whole reason I presented this was to help create a game that more folks can enjoy by either changing the expectation to be inline with the implementation or change the implementation to be inline with the advertised expectations. So other than trying to suggest things that would potentially help increase the player base there is no other intent behind it. It will not stop me from playing, as I enjoy the game. It will not stop me from playing the game the way I want to. Further your assumption that I am camping is utterly wrong -- I actually feel my play style is in-tune with what I have read about how the game designers feel it ought to be played which is slow and steady -- not fast and furious nor stagnantly camping. So like many others your assumptions are out in left field.

SirFrancis I looked into seeing if I could purchase a few rushes (which might a good idea make them available for diamonds in a diamond store) to speed up production and you cannot so unless you have gotten lucky and have won some you cannot speed up production. Also you cannot plan for something you do not know is coming. You make the assumption that everyone is so into the game as to know what every event entails. It is a game it is not that important.

Again the whole purpose of my post was to bring to attention a detractor within the game and to perhaps help create suggestions to remove the detractor as it is a lose-lose scenario for the game. Now whether that detractor is removed by changing the expectations being promoted or by changing the implementation to more closely match the advertised expectation makes little difference to me. I am focused solely on making the game more fun for everyone so as to help retain the current players -- as it is a fact that it costs about 10 times as much get a new customer than it does to retain a current one. So why not remove any detractors by either correcting the advertisement or by correcting the implementation?

That being said I do not see any issues of moving Events into IA if the purposes of them is to promote advancing as some have suggested. However I concur with the thought that they are nice and can be a boost to someone in the earlier Ages of the game. I just feel having them and instilling brick walls is a bad thing for the game in general.

Agent327

Overlord
Note: if I do not respond to your messages it is most likely because I have already identified you as a Troll and I have (and/or the admins have) blocked you

If admins block someone you can no longer post on the forum.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser113976

First I am going to assume that first sentence was not directed at me -- otherwise I do not understand what you meant by it.

Okay well I did reply to it costing (clicking) diamonds but I referenced the speeding up the production side since that was the side that had more discussion to it -- aka spend diamonds to speed up your production (I still think having a diamond store that sells production speed ups would be a viable idea). As for speeding up the scouting being cheaper that did not occur to me for at the time I could not view that as I did not have any places that I could scout without taking another area on the campaign map and I did remember that scouting would take longer than the time I had available so did not see a reason to take another area on the campaign map which would have pushed me further ahead than I want to be right now.

Basically why do something that you would rather not do if it serves no purpose -- okay so it might have served a purpose I just did not remember it being so but thanks for pointing it out to me. At least I can consider that option next time should a similar detractor in an event crop up. Still I think doing away with these kind of detractors would not hurt the game at all and simply make the Events truly more fun for ALL and not some smaller set of individuals. Again I am not saying make it super easy either I am just saying that there are tasks that are difficult that do not appear to be brick walls at first glance and these could be used instead of these others --or-- this particular task could have appeared towards the beginning rather than towards the end. My focus -- to be absolutely clear -- is to make the game more enjoyable for EVERYONE not just me and if I have interpreted things like this as event blockers there are others that have interpreted them the same way and they may have just chosen to quit the game and go elsewhere which would be a lose-lose for the game in the long run.

Still thanks for the feedback. Quality feedback is always appreciated.

Emberguard

Legend
Yes that first sentence was meant for someone else

(I still think having a diamond store that sells production speed ups would be a viable idea).
Interestingly they used to in events have the ability to spend a set amount of diamonds on the previous Daily Special (although pretty sure production speed ups were never a DS).

The next closest thing would be to buy some diamonds and aim for the chests/whatever options contain a chance to gain a production speed up (or use your ingredients a little earlier to aim for the production speed ups). It does seem to be a fairly regular thing at the moment for production speed ups to be available in the events

Certainly if you're nearing the end of the event and need the production speed up that's a good time to use your ingredients and pay attention to what options are in the chests.

It would be interesting to know how much they'd charge for production speed ups if it were a ready available option (or how many they'd make available per event in that manner and what time amount it'd be for)

Thomas Covenent

Lieutenant-General
When it comes to the big season events; Carnival, Spring, Summer, Fall, Halloween & Winter + any 'special events' (such as Forge Bowl & Soccer Cup events), it's always a good idea to keep checking out the FoE Wiki as the beta players will be putting up the main quest lines well before the event comes to live servers.

We now have 2-3 days of advance notice when big events are coming in-game. (ie: the event button shows up on screen with a timer counting down until he event begins). That's your cue to go and look up the event info on the wiki page.
With proper planning, you can usually destroy the sequential quest line within 24-72hrs or so, or else at most, maybe a week since you can just use a bunch of blacksmiths that pre-cook those big productions. (ie: the multiple 8hr & 24hrs)
Also, and I can't stress this enough, Keep a small amount of OPEN land in your city!! At least enough to build a single workshop/goods building/military building of your current age. While it may suck having to 'build-delete-build-delete-build' at times, it's just so much easier to have that bit of space to instantly crash through the 'build X' quests.

As for the fighting components... well, this ain't Elvenar, so there's always going to be a large amount of fighting, thus;
1) GET OUT OF BRONZE AGE!!
Otherwise, if you realistically can't, (ie: you just started and/or want to spend a few extra weeks farming BA goods/bps + raising up Zeus/ToB), then accept that your choice means that you're better off just skipping the current event.

2) As you can easily have access to the quest list well ahead of time, plan out your GE needs to cover both the GE requirements, current-age troop recruit quests, 'defeat X units' tasks, etc...
If needs be, find a better guild that opens up Lv4 every week, yet only requires all members to complete a min of 12-32 encounters/week.

3) Don't advance beyond your age on the c-map, even if you can't PvP yet.
Unless your fighting GBs are all closing in on the initial Lv10 cap, it's generally a terrible idea to advance beyond one's age in general.
Even if it means skipping out on fully completing an event, it's better to take the present hit vs. screwing yourself over in the long run. There will always be more events, and especially with the seasonal ones, many of those items will make a return in the following year's event and/or are also available in the Daily Challenges.

DeletedUser112892

3) Don't advance beyond your age on the c-map, even if you can't PvP yet.
Unless your fighting GBs are all closing in on the initial Lv10 cap, it's generally a terrible idea to advance beyond one's age in general.
Even if it means skipping out on fully completing an event, it's better to take the present hit vs. screwing yourself over in the long run. There will always be more events, and especially with the seasonal ones, many of those items will make a return in the following year's event and/or are also available in the Daily Challenges.
However, as you camp for longer time in e.g. HMA, you ahould consider completing CA map and NOT sailing with that Ship to InA continent. In that way you will keep RQs intact and you won't get quests regarding continent map anymore (until you sail to InA map).

DeletedUser113976

Okay to try once more to point out what this thread is and is not about

1) It is not about camping in BA or any Age for that matter
2) It is not a complaint about not being able to "Finish" an Event

So please no more comments on these as they are woefully off topic

What is it about -- it is about removing game detractors (Event blockers) either by changing the advertisement so that the proper expectations are set from the get go (someone made a suggestion in on how to do this) -- or changing the implementation in order to be inline with the promoted expectations (my suggestions went in this direction)

Not sure if you folks watch the promotionals but in them they either directly state or at least imply that these Events are meant to be fully enjoyed by ALL which means Everyone (BA or higher experienced-hardcores, BA or higher inexperienced-hardcores, BA or higher experienced-casuals AND BA or higher inexperienced-casuals and anyone else that does not fall into one of those 4 categories) However as most of you have pointed out this is not the case they can only be fully enjoyed by IA or higher experienced-hardcores and perhaps IA or higher experienced-casuals

So IF that is the case then the promotionals should clearly state this in order to clearly set the proper expectations either that or the implementation should be changed to lineup with the perceived expectations -- which is all that I am saying.

So whether we restrict these Events to IA or higher players with the understanding (promoted expectation) that you need to do some serious planning (be a hardcore) in order to not encounter a blocker (aka game detractor) --OR-- we change the implementation such that even if you are a BA inexperienced-casual player you will never encounter a blocker (aka game detractor)

I am not saying you change the Event such that a BA inexperienced-casual player is guaranteed to complete the Event --nor-- am I saying that the Events should only be complete-able by experienced-hardcore players -- all I am saying is if it is advertised to be fun for ALL then there should be no Event that blocks (or nearly blocks) the progression of even a BA inexperienced-casual player. The events should all be doable and complete-able if the player puts forth some effort.

Why do I state this -- because blockers (or near blockers) are perceived as bad things by most players that experience them and thus are game detractors -- further game detractors (which are unnecessary btw) only need to player dissatisfaction and perhaps the player going to some other game that does not have built in detractors -- REMEMBER ITS A GAME -- Games are supposed to be about having fun if you build into a game something that block/stops one from having fun you defeat the purpose of it being a game. So in the long run game detractors are a lose-lose scenario -- as it causes players to go elsewhere and thus reduces the potential income for the company and thus perhaps cause the game to be shutdown. This might not happen to this game but I have seen (experienced) it happening more than once so it does happen. So if detractors are unnecessary and only detrimentally affect a game they ought to be removed -- and again by removed I mean either clearly change the expectations to lineup with the implementation --or-- change the implementation to line up with the perceived expectations.

I hope that clarifies the entire intent of this post -- please going forward try to stay on topic or at least close to it.