• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Fall Event Stoppers

• Thread starter DeletedUser113976
  • Start date

DeletedUser113976

Staying in BA isn't something beginners do. Choosing to stay in BA is something only an advanced (and stupid) player would do. Anyone new to the game would see FP piling up and being wasted, research tech, move into IA, and get past the "block"
This statement actually shows just how little you actually know about the game -- so I can see why you are having so much trouble understanding this concept.

There are many paths through the game all of which have been devised by individual players. What we have here is a failure to understand that events are based on what the average player is capable of achieving. The average player does not decide to stay in an age that should take no more than a week to move through. There are lots of things that the average player is capable of. Why should the development team have to dumb down events for those who are not average who have made a choice to follow their own path through the game. Why bother with quests at all why not give everyone the prize for just logging in.

Personally on two of my worlds I have made the choice not to progress my game past their current ages. When a quest says research a technology with no alternative then I shrug my shoulders and accept my fate. After all I made my choice. Events are not and never will be tailored for the individual best to accept that and move on or not as the case maybe.

Okay I do a similar thing in both of my accounts (EMA and BA) but even if I currently did not have a BA account the issue would still be there -- for this has never been about choosing to or not to do a Special Event Task -- it has always been about being not able to do a Task without having to undergo some kind of major change in my player status. Keep in mind that Special Events are not advertised to be targeted at a smaller sub-set such as just Average Players -- it is advertised to be targeted at ALL Players -- aka Average and not so Average Players. Again one of the solutions was to restrict what Players have access to Events and/or change the promotion to reflect that the Events are not designed so that ALL players can enjoy them fully (and by fully I do not mean completing the entire Event -- just completing the Tasks that one gets to).

As for your last sentence @twomsuk I find that a shame -- assuming that it is even true since you have no real way of determining that unless you are actually talking to the developers -- as that is a lose-lose scenario which was the whole reason for this post to begin with. Aka bring attention to a game detractor in hopes of perhaps someone that can actually effect game change might see it and go -- wow that would actually be a fairly simple adjustment lets do that. Call me an eternal optimist I believe things can be affected -- and that most forum posters can be civil -- so I keep trying.

Yeah, if you're in BA, the only things you can do with FP are tech, and trades.
No you are actually wrong there are at least 3 things you can do with FP while in BA and at least 7 other things in general that you can do as well beyond using your FP. In my BA account I currently rarely use FPs for trades -- I mean unless I find one that is really sweet but my FPs are never wasted and are put to very good use building up my infrastructure in preparation to moving into IA. I have certain criterion I am wanting to reach prior to leaving BA with that account and while I have attained some of them I still have a few more that I want to achieve before moving on. Could I do these in IA probably, would it be easier in IA could be but I am trying to explore numerous things prior to moving on and I am absolutely no hurry to do so. But again my being in BA or not being in BA has nothing to do with the actual issue because frankly I can look past the game detractor -- my point has been that game detractors can cause some players to leave the game and that hurts the game in the long run -- and since there really is no need for these game detractors (which I have not heard any of you even mention what is so good about them) there really is no reason for them to not be removed.

It seems like most of you are okay with there being Event Tasks that are game detractors as you keep saying that just get out of BA in order to avoid these Event Task game detractors associated with being in BA -- which I do not understand -- if you all recognize that they exist and a work around is to avoid them by changing your age -- why not instead deal with them. Do you really enjoy those Tasks that are basically game detractors or are you just not willing to take a stand and say hey those ought not to be there so that everyone can enjoy the game regardless of what Age they are in? Or are you simply just sitting in your denial hut and refusing to openly acknowledge that the truth is out there even though you are willing to acknowledge it without openly acknowledging it?

By the way I am not the only one that has overtly recognized these game detractors as someone else (in one the forums) actually openly acknowledged them as such (as they understood what I was referring to) in their post when they made a suggestion to solve it by denying folks access to Special Events until they can do PvP in IA. One of those constructive posts with an actual potential solution proposed by another poster -- amazing is it not?

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser99692

Quiet frankly you are looking for an event tailored to your specifications. Players remaining in BA for their own convenience are not the norm. As I have said events are planned around the expected capabilities of the average player. Your choices are not average therefore why should the event be tailored for them. Your expectations are too great I am sorry if that is a bitter pill but it is the truth. In all of the advertising of this game the theme is journeying through the ages the events are part and parcel of that the carrot that is dangled in front of the stubborn ones. Some like to dig their heels in and say but why should I have to its not fair to those I say please yourself. You want the reward then work for it don't expect it to be handed to you on a plate.
If this was in the Ideas thread I would have no hesitation in posting -1

Please note my comments here are my personal thoughts.

DeletedUser113976

@twomsuk I disagree I am not actually looking for an event tailored to my specifications -- I am looking for an event that coincides with the promoted expectations or IOWs Inno's specifications of what the event is supposed to be tailored to.

Okay I concur players in BA are not the majority of the players -- but you have to admit everyone has to be a BA player at some point in time -- so it effects absolutely every new player especially if they happen to join just at the beginning of one of these Events.

Next you are directing your comments at my choices which is a horrible mistake on your part for my choices have absolutely nothing to do with whether an Event Stopper exists or does not exist. So it is not a bitter pill for me at all since it has nothing to do with me personally as you seem to think. I mean personally I could care less (which makes all the personalization of the issue rather laughable that is if it were not so sad that it seems to cause so much confusion as folks cannot seem to comprehend that part). Still I can recognize a game detractor when I experience one and I have yet to see anyone state why these game detractors are such a great thing that they should be considered something that ought not to be changed. Everyone just keeps saying avoid that game detractor and then they pretty much try to say there are no game detractors -- but if there were none as they try to claim then why would I need to do anything to avoid one?

Again I think I have posted this before - it has nothing to do with me finishing or not finishing an event -- it has nothing to do with me getting or not getting a reward -- it has absolutely nothing to do with me personally -- I am not complaining about something (is that really that hard to comprehend). All I did was present a fact about the game with the idea that it ought to be changed because it is a game detractor. So are you saying that these kind of Event Tasks that stop someone from participating in an Event that everyone is per Inno supposed to be (whether overtly or implied) able to fully (see earlier for definition) participate in do not detract from the fun of the game for some players? Or are you saying that these specific Event Tasks are crucial to the game in some way? Or basically what is your opinion upon the specific thing that this thread is actually all about -- because it is not about me and my choices?

Note I would never think your comments are anything but your own but others might so thanks for the clarification. Just keep in mind that you being a moderator carries a lot of weight.

DeletedUser99692

Believe me if I could loose the banner in a debate such as this I would. Let me put it in the simplest of terms.

It is written clear for all to see in the Ideas section of the forum under Do Not Suggest "Ideas to make yourself richer.. or make the game easier. The game is meant to be played over time and is meant to have a lot of strategy to it."

Strategy as in resolving so called "Event Blockers" please don't twist my words to say that all events are planned with event blockers because they are not.

DeletedUser113976

I would not twist your words not my style -- further I am perfectly aware that not all Events have Event Blockers -- in fact I have completed at least one previous Event while in BA (not sure whether it was way my current EMA or my current BA in which I did so).

Further I never mentioned you losing your banner, nor did that ever even enter my mind -- nor was my comment meant to be any sort of threat -- state that just in case you read it that way -- as I am not sure why you made the banner comment to begin with.

Now let us clarify and address your statements

1) My suggestion would not make me richer
2) My suggestion would not make the game easier (which I understand could be twisted to mean more than what it states)

My suggestion was and is fairly simple -- remove the game detractors -- event blockers -- so that everyone can fully participate in an Event as they are promoted by Inno. You would be really hard pressed to attach that to item 1 or 2 above without twisting the basic concept. Because removing a blocker does not necessarily make the game easier all it does is change Tasks that block participation into Tasks that do not block participation. The other Tasks are not made any more simpler and they have numerous task that are not blockers that are not necessarily easy to complete. So it would not make it easier just doable.

Further you did not address my question that I posed to you. Do you feel these Event Blockers are so essential that it would detract from the game to have them removed -- or are they as I see them just an unnecessary evil that if removed would not be missed?

I ask that question because I do not understand all the friction that would come from such a seemingly simple and innocuous suggestion. Granted most folks confused the suggestion but I did my best to make it clear more than once. No BA Camping, no BA entitlement, no doing anything that goes against the basic spirit of the game.

Amy Steele

General
Did I have a post removed? Because I made one and no idea why it would be reported or removed?
Several posts were removed from this thread for either being off topic, insulting to other forum members, or other rule breaches. If anyone requires clarification as to why their specific post was removed, please message me via the forum.

Should you see a post that breaches any of our rules, please report it, and do not respond to it yourself. By responding, you risk derailing the thread further. Thanks in advance for your assistance with keeping the forum a fun and friendly place to be :)

Edit: As regards event stoppers, in my experience there used to be some quests which were very difficult for players in certain situations to complete, however most of these have now acquired alternatives. I feel there does need to be a balance between making an event too easy for all, and making it too hard for some. For the most part, with alternative options for many quests, these days I feel the balance is about right

Last edited:
I will be un-watching this thread now as it is just beating a dead horse so to speak - anyway this has become a tiresome thread to even observe - lol

DeletedUser113976

Edit: As regards event stoppers, in my experience there used to be some quests which were very difficult for players in certain situations to complete, however most of these have now acquired alternatives. I feel there does need to be a balance between making an event too easy for all, and making it too hard for some. For the most part, with alternative options for many quests, these days I feel the balance is about right

I see but what if the Task and its Alternate Task are not viable options because -- your Age prohibits you or the remaining time in the Event prohibits you from completing the Task (or for that matter anything else prohibits you from completing the Task). Would you still consider those to be a fair balance?

Keep in mind I am not even concerned with the player actually completing the Event -- all I am focused on is creating a situation where they are never halted from advancing. Whether they complete the Event should be totally up to the effort that they put into the Event so if the player is striving to complete all the Tasks but then encounters one that they cannot complete because the options are outside their ability to do should not these kind of Tasks be considered unessential or not worth having.

I have yet to hear why any of these particular questionable Tasks need to remain. They are what they are -- but I have yet to hear a single reason why they could not be replaced by another Task. For instance instead of having to win so many battles without losing -- why not make it defeat so many units say 40 or more -- I am not saying make it easy just make sure its doable by everyone. The former in this case could be prohibitory while the latter may be difficult and time consuming but it would most likely never be prohibitive. Further it seems a waste to give someone an option to do Task A or Task B when they are not even allowed to do Task B at all. Just remove Task B completely as it would not be a loss but also make sure that Task A is not potentially prohibitive.

Like I have said I have played through an Event while in BA and I completed that Event. Was not easy, I had to work at it but I did not encounter a single Task that was prohibitive. So I know it is possible to have a challenging Event without having it contain prohibitive Tasks. So if its possible to do this why not say -- hey all Events that supposed to be fun for ALL -- should not have potential blocker tasks within them -- replace these with equally difficult tasks that are not potential blockers.

DeletedUser111359

I see but what if the Task and its Alternate Task are not viable options because -- your Age prohibits you or the remaining time in the Event prohibits you from completing the Task (or for that matter anything else prohibits you from completing the Task). Would you still consider those to be a fair balance?

Keep in mind I am not even concerned with the player actually completing the Event -- all I am focused on is creating a situation where they are never halted from advancing. Whether they complete the Event should be totally up to the effort that they put into the Event so if the player is striving to complete all the Tasks but then encounters one that they cannot complete because the options are outside their ability to do should not these kind of Tasks be considered unessential or not worth having.

I have yet to hear why any of these particular questionable Tasks need to remain. They are what they are -- but I have yet to hear a single reason why they could not be replaced by another Task. For instance instead of having to win so many battles without losing -- why not make it defeat so many units say 40 or more -- I am not saying make it easy just make sure its doable by everyone. The former in this case could be prohibitory while the latter may be difficult and time consuming but it would most likely never be prohibitive. Further it seems a waste to give someone an option to do Task A or Task B when they are not even allowed to do Task B at all. Just remove Task B completely as it would not be a loss but also make sure that Task A is not potentially prohibitive.

Like I have said I have played through an Event while in BA and I completed that Event. Was not easy, I had to work at it but I did not encounter a single Task that was prohibitive. So I know it is possible to have a challenging Event without having it contain prohibitive Tasks. So if its possible to do this why not say -- hey all Events that supposed to be fun for ALL -- should not have potential blocker tasks within them -- replace these with equally difficult tasks that are not potential blockers.

If your age "prohibits" you from completing the task, then change your age. BA is easy to get out of, and then the blockage goes away.

It's ironic that you say you're focused on situations where advancement is halted. And yet the entire reason for your post is that you've chosen to halt your advancement to a new era.

And if as you claim you've gone through an event and completed in while spinning your wheels frozen in BA, then clearly the blocks that you're whining about aren't there at all.

Agent327

Overlord

Age or time do not prohibit you. Only thing prohibiting you is you.

Keep in mind I am not even concerned with the player actually completing the Event -- all I am focused on is creating a situation where they are never halted from advancing.

Which means removing all quest and giving away everything for free. Hey, I am going on a two weeks vacation and will have no wifi. Can you drop the prize in my inventory?

Whether they complete the Event should be totally up to the effort that they put into the Event so if the player is striving to complete all the Tasks but then encounters one that they cannot complete because the options are outside their ability to do should not these kind of Tasks be considered unessential or not worth having.

You mean because they MADE it so the options are outside their ability.

I have yet to hear why any of these particular questionable Tasks need to remain.

Cause you are a camper and you put yourself in this situation.

Guess you just killed your own arguments and solved your problem. Everyone can do an event while in BA as you have proved. Time between events is long enough for you to move on to IA, so nothing will be an "Event Blocker" in the next event.

DeletedUser113976

@SirFrancis why can you not comprehend that, as I have stated it more than once, this has nothing to do with me personally and yet again and again you attack me about where I am at which makes absolutely no sense and devoids your argument entirely. Yes one of my accounts is currently in BA and doing quite well and my other one is in EMA and also doing quite well. So I have no personal issues with anything.

What is actually ironic is your inability to comprehend that if you have to change your status in some way then the Event is no longer meant for everyone -- as that means it is only aimed at a sub-set of everyone -- what part of everyone are you not understanding? Again in case you are still struggling with the concept -- sub-sets of an entire group by their definition are not everyone.

Everyone equals Everyone
Everyone minus those that can complete Event Blockers because they changed there status does not equal Everyone

Lastly as I have stated I am not whining (never have been) just because I can recognize a game detractor and know that a game detractor is a bad thing for the game and I mention it does not mean I am whining about it or for that matter complaining about it in any way. The only folks that believe that are the ones that simply cannot understand the concept of denoting that there is something wrong and that it ought to be fixed. My focus is just a matter of trying to make the game better while your focus seems to be on no improvement at all and/or perhaps even lets make the game worse by either simply not recognizing the bad parts of the game and/or making no suggestions whatsoever on how things might be improved.

To perhaps help in this matter if a mechanic recognizes a sound to be a bad thing and walks up to the owner of the care and mentions to him that sound is a bad thing and they ought to get it fixed -- does that mean that mechanic is whining and/or complaining about that sound. Let me help you answer that -- that would be a definite no. Same thing applies to this thread -- your answer to your claim is a definitive No so wake up you as you must be mentally sleeping.

DeletedUser111359

Choosing to advance through the era's isn't "changing your status" it's just playing the game. And choosing to camp in BA is also a choice, one which includes side effects like making the events more difficult.

If you build a wall in front of yourself in the game. Don't complain when the devs don't give you a ladder to get over it. You built it.

DeletedUser113976

Note: I am clarifying my stance since I have been sort of merging the two concepts from the beginning and that may be confusing some of you -- so from now on I will expound them and instead of just calling them Event Blockers I will call them Event (Task) Blockers since its the undoable Tasks that are causing these Event Blockers. It does not change my topic at all just maybe makes it more clear (I hope).

@SirFrancis what part of "I am not complaining" are you not comprehending.

Again just because I state that there is an Event (Task) Blocker (a fact that everyone agrees with --see note below for explanation) does not mean I am personally complaining about there being such. I am just pointing out that there is a game detractor in the game (which is a bad thing btw) in the form of an Event (Task) Blocker and that from what I can see there is no need for these Event (Task) Blockers especially within an Event that is advertised to be fun for All not just for those who have chosen to change their status by playing the game and advancing to a different age -- and yes advancing to a different age IS changing your status because your status was your starting Age and your ending status is the Age you just advanced to. I cannot even imagine how you are rationalizing that truth out of existence.

Again "If I build a wall" -- has nothing to do with this topic as -- it is and has -- never been a personal issue and if you had bothered to read anything I have posted rather than continuing to argue your Straw Man Fallacy stance -- you would know this. Please, please pay attention to what this topic is and is not about. Your entire argument is about your Straw Man and not about my topic. If you are curious about the reference to the "Straw Man Fallacy" I believe I covered that in a previous post in this thread -- if not then you can easily look that up on line.

Note: Just about everyone agrees there are Event Blockers as they keep telling me how to get past these Event Blockers by advancing to a different Age and then strangely try to tell me there are no Event Blockers. And once again if there are no Event Blockers than why should I need to advance to a different age in order to get past them. If they do not exist as is claimed then I should not have to change my Age for any reason other than I want to move to the next Age. Stating you have to advance to the next age to be able to do something is synonymous with saying that in that Age you are blocked from doing that which means if that something is associated with an Event then for that Age it is an Event Blocker plain and simple.

For instance the Tasks of the Daily Event are blocked for those in the Bronze Age as one simply does not have access to the Daily Events at all. These Event Task Blockers are understood because it is horribly obvious that you are "required" to be in the Iron Age in order to do these Tasks. So while the expectation has been pre-set that you must be in the Iron Age to do Daily Tasks -- it is not true of Special Event Tasks -- their expectation (as advertised) is to be doable by everyone regardless of Age and/or any other specific situations -- aka Enjoyable By All (which is not synonymous with any sub-set you can devise)

Agent327

Overlord
Note: Just about everyone agrees there are Event Blockers as they keep telling me how to get past the these Event Blockers by advancing to a different Age and then strangely try to tell me there are no Event Blockers. And once again if there are no Event Blockers than why should I need to advance to a different age in order to get past them. If they do not exist as is claimed then I should not have to change my Age for any reason other than I want to move to the next Age. Stating you have to advance to the next age to be able to do something is synonymous with saying that in that Age you are blocked from doing that which means if that something is associated with an Event then for that Age it is an Event Blocker plain and simple.

Note: Nobody agrees there are Event Blockers. Everyone agrees you are blocking yourself and you just like to use the words "Event Blocker" and "detractor" an awfull lot.

DeletedUser

@DeJoker why should Inno care for all those individual cases?
Either you are able to participate till the end prize or you don’t.
What is the hassle?

I for one like it to be more unique because not everyone can, will or wants to complete it.
This is a strategic choice as well just as in the other game segments I don’t like for them to change that.