• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Fall Event Stoppers

• Thread starter DeletedUser113976
  • Start date

DeletedUser113976

@Chalinna as I stated an Event Task Blocker is a Game Detractor for some players and mostly the newer players whom they should want to retain and some of those newer players may find the game detractors to their disliking and with enough of them may decide to go find a game that has fewer game detractors (which do exist) and leave the game meaning less players. This ends up being a lose-lose scenario which everyone in any business should always be concerned about. Remember it takes 10 times as much money to get a new player to join than it takes to retain a current player. So with all that business truth out there (which not all business seem to understand and eventually go out of business) why not do the things that will help the business stay around for a very long time.

As for unique I am assuming you mean Event Tasks -- as such great then if you are serious about that why not start a thread about coming up with more Event Tasks that are not blockers so that more folks can enjoy the Events meant for All without experiencing one of these Game Detractors?

DeletedUser111359

And as has been stated ad nauseum, newer players won't be blocked because new players don't choose to camp in BA. They'll actually advance to later ages and get past your fictional blockers.

rjs66

Lieutenant
any player who starts playing the game and gives up at the first difficulty they encounter,
is hardly likely to be the kind of person who would play a game that is designed to be played over years

anyone playing a strategy based game does it for the challenge and accepts that they might not get everything they want immediately,
but given time they will evolve and adapt their strategy

DeletedUser113976

@SirFrancis your ad nauseam notation has been countered also ad nauseam because you (and others like yourself) cannot even make the claims you make with certainty (as you seem to imply) without lying as you absolutely do not know what ALL, as your statement implies, new players will and will not do. So as stated your claim is nothing but a lie.

However what I can say with 100% certainty is that some players will advance in age in the appropriate time for themselves, while others will advance but not in the appropriate time for themselves (aka some will advance too soon due to peer pressure or due to inaccurate information or some other element -- while others will not advance soon enough again for various reasons) and finally still others will never advance at all instead eventually most likely leaving the game for another game they find more satisfying. And yet there may even still be a few that never advance but continue to play because they simply are enjoying where they are at -- and there is nothing wrong with that -- its a game and its about having fun. Qué sera, sera and to each their own.

Of course my whole point was to remove some of those non-fun elements in particular the ones that stop you from completing a task without having to jump through hoops when the task is supposed to be a piece of the game that is not stated as requiring you to jump through hoops and in fact is advertised to imply that you will not need to jump through hoops.

Now why anyone leaves the game at any point in time is uncertain and could be due to numerous factors but still there is a good possibility that one of those factors could have been that they experienced one of this games detractors (which there are several of) and became disenfranchised as that is what game detractors are apt to do. For if this game, as you and others like you seem to claim, was the fa-shizzle (aka had no detractors) it would have a much bigger community than it currently does. So basically the facts that are out there seem to contradict your opinion rather than support it while they seem to support mine more (no not 100% but definitely support mine more than yours) Now what can be said is that the truth is what the truth will be and it will continue to operate as it always has -- so you can either investigate it to see what it might be -- or close your mind and continue to say the sky is green and the grass is blue. As for me I choose to investigate.

@rjs66 interesting premises one that cannot be proven nor can it be disproved -- a total statement of pure opinion -- to which I will agree to disagree as I have seen folks do things that just do not make sense to me and yet they have done them none-the-less. Someone, if they never experienced a game detractor just might play a game that is designed to be played over years but should they encounter a detractor (not just a difficulty) they might just quit immediately -- while others even if they never experienced a game detractor or had to over came difficult aspects of a game might just stop playing regardless for no other reason than -- just because. What I do know is that games do have detractors and the one with the least detractors tends to be the game that folks prefer to play. I know of a few of these games that have stood the test of time and whose following has grown in leaps and bounds and continues to grow. These games have and continue to do their best to remove game detractors and this is why they continue to flourish.

As for your other statement not everyone plays a strategy game for the reasons you put forth nor do they accept the the things that you say that they do -- the only thing you can say for certain is that yes some play for the reasons you state and accept the things you state while others simply do not but play they still do or play they do not.

What I find very interesting is that you folks constantly talk in absolutes as if you had facts to back up your opinions which so far not a single one of you have had. Nor have a single one of you answered the question that I posed a few posts back -- which by the way I am not at all surprised to see.

The one thing that I have learned about people is that they do not do things for the same reasons -- and often the reasons they state someone would or would not do something are simply the reasons they would or would not. Now some folks might be more likely to do something but then again they might be less likely to do it as well. If anyone could actually get a solid handle on discerning what the masses will do and not do well... they would most likely become an extremely high paid individual. Now as it stands even the ones that get the big bucks for those kind of jobs know that a lot of times they are just making a guess -- perhaps a well informed one backed with experience -- but just a guess none-the-less and sometimes they are right and sometimes they are wrong. The aim is to be right more often than you are wrong.

So when you think in absolutes you will tend to get things wrong more often than right -- sure there are some things you can almost talk in absolutes about but this topic is not one of them and in short you do everyone (including yourself) an injustice by doing so.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser111359

As for me I choose to investigate.

No what you actually choose to do, is point out the obvious. That playing poorly makes the game harder. And then bury your line of thought under a mountain of terms that you've co-opted to make your point sound deep when it's not

DeletedUser113470

Of course my whole point was to remove some of those non-fun elements in particular the ones that stop you from completing a task without having to jump through hoops when the task is supposed to be a piece of the game that is not stated as requiring you to jump through hoops and in fact is advertised to imply that you will not need to jump through hoops.
Merriam-Webster defines 'Jump Through Hoops' as: "to do a complicated or annoying series of things in order to get or achieve something"
That sounds like a fairly accurate description of what is required to complete all the tasks in an event. I think that's what makes them fun?
Where is it stated, or even implied, that you will not be required to jump through hoops because, gosh, that would be too hard and we want to make this game fun and easy for everyone?

DeletedUser96901

the next event (Halloween) has a worse event stopper
negotiate or defeat an army

especially in the beginning of the game that can stop you
not enough goods for difficult negotiate and your troops not strong enough to defeat strong 2 wave enemies

DeletedUser

@DeJoker surely if I was to be Inno’s “spin doctor” I’d worried about all that and certainly I’d use better “lure in” procedures in order to make sure their business grows gigantic though not sure if Inno only thinks that way.
I don’t believe so otherwise there were no wishing wells concepts and being able to farm diamonds on multiple worlds to spend in the main world etc.

The business wise game industries with profitability as their core thing would do this way different indeed.
I’d limit diamonds, for instance, accessible in a specific world where it is earned.
But preferably I gave no diamonds at all and would make the game close to impossible to play without diamonds.

Doesn’t make this Inno a cool business though?
I feel some game ethics, they follow, which may even cost some but apparently they are not only a business hotshot with a money hungry attitude.

By competitors you can payoff literally everything!
Inno doesn’t offer that and I like that :)

Agent327

Overlord
You got to love this

@SirFrancis your ad nauseam notation has been countered also ad nauseam because you (and others like yourself) cannot even make the claims you make with certainty (as you seem to imply) without lying as you absolutely do not know what ALL, as your statement implies, new players will and will not do. So as stated your claim is nothing but a lie.

@rjs66 interesting premises one that cannot be proven nor can it be disproved -- a total statement of pure opinion -- to which I will agree to disagree as I have seen folks do things that just do not make sense to me and yet they have done them none-the-less.

What I find very interesting is that you folks constantly talk in absolutes as if you had facts to back up your opinions which so far not a single one of you have had.

Others have opinions that can not be backed up with facts, but ........... wait for it.......

Of course my whole point was to remove some of those non-fun elements

He has absolute knowledge of what fun is and what not and he can decide that for others. Now who is talking in absolutes? :rolleyes:

You keep referring to "Advertisements" - Reference them with footnotes or links to them - So that we can all "See" the false claims you are referring to.

If you can't do that - stop complaining

DeletedUser113976

@DeJoker surely if I was to be Inno’s “spin doctor” I’d worried about all that and certainly I’d use better “lure in” procedures in order to make sure their business grows gigantic though not sure if Inno only thinks that way.
I don’t believe so otherwise there were no wishing wells concepts and being able to farm diamonds on multiple worlds to spend in the main world etc.

The business wise game industries with profitability as their core thing would do this way different indeed.
I’d limit diamonds, for instance, accessible in a specific world where it is earned.
But preferably I gave no diamonds at all and would make the game close to impossible to play without diamonds.

Doesn’t make this Inno a cool business though?
I feel some game ethics, they follow, which may even cost some but apparently they are not only a business hotshot with a money hungry attitude.

By competitors you can payoff literally everything!
Inno doesn’t offer that and I like that :)

Actually there is a fine balance between what you give away and what you do not -- the concept of stopping diamond farming I already proposed -- boy you should have seen the backlash I got on that one from these forums

As for not giving diamonds away at all -- turns out that is not quite the best strategy -- I have seen some of the most successful games prosper continuously and they do give away something comparable to diamonds. They just do not allow things similar to Diamond Farms. So basically they let you acquire enough to get a taste of what having diamonds would be like hoping to hook the impatient to want to buy more and that seems to work fairly well -- at least for them. But more importantly it helps to keep the free-to-play players around because sometimes they turn into pay-to-play and they help to bolster the game and bring in other players -- so free-to-play players are not all bad for an online game like this either.

DeletedUser113976

Merriam-Webster defines 'Jump Through Hoops' as: "to do a complicated or annoying series of things in order to get or achieve something"
That sounds like a fairly accurate description of what is required to complete all the tasks in an event. I think that's what makes them fun?
Where is it stated, or even implied, that you will not be required to jump through hoops because, gosh, that would be too hard and we want to make this game fun and easy for everyone?

Coco by twisting my words and creating a Straw Man as you have -- voids your argument of any sound basis thus basically useless. Considering what you have done only suggest that you knew perfectly well what the context was about but chose to create something that was a lie.

DeletedUser113976

You keep referring to "Advertisements" - Reference them with footnotes or links to them - So that we can all "See" the false claims you are referring to.

Oh let me guess you do not bother to watch or read the promos they send out to everyone -- too bad your loss as I am not going to spoon feed you on that. Do your own homework.

DeletedUser

Actually there is a fine balance between what you give away and what you do not -- the concept of stopping diamond farming I already proposed -- boy you should have seen the backlash I got on that one especially from the Trolls that prowl these forums like Agent327.

As for not giving diamonds away at all -- turns out that is not quite the best strategy -- I have seen some of the most successful games prosper continuously and they do give away something comparable to diamonds. They just do not allow things similar to Diamond Farms. So basically they let you acquire enough to get a taste of what having diamonds would be like hoping to hook the impatient to want to buy more and that seems to work fairly well -- at least for them. But more importantly it helps to keep the free-to-play players around because sometimes they turn into pay-to-play and they help to bolster the game and bring in other players -- so free-to-play players are not all bad for an online game like this either.

Obviously there are strategies thinkable, based on player’s behavior in which encouragements help such as giving diamond bonuses upon spending behaviors and, for example, as often seen as welcome back bonus when someone was unusually long not present for that type of player.
I believe this happens already.
Also I agree the game needs players in general free players as well just to populate the game.

Bottom line: either people spend way more time on the platform which is a good thing as it keeps the community busy because managing multiple worlds costs a lot of time and farming diamonds that way or people buy diamonds.

I think you are not surprised I do not consider Agent a troll though.

Agent327

Overlord
Oh let me guess you do not bother to watch or read the promos they send out to everyone -- too bad your loss as I am not going to spoon feed you on that. Do your own homework.

Figures. Can't back-up what you are saying, so others have to go look for what isn't there. In all the years I have been playing Inno has never send me a promo, so you are really full of it.