• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Fairer player attacking and plundering

DeletedUser100832

I am in two worlds, one, I am at the bottom, one, I am at the top.

At the top one, I make a habit of attacking my plundering my hood 3-4x/week, but I will be honest, most of the goods I pick up are the "1/5" and "2/10". I have ALMOST NEVER picked up a "4/20" or "6/30" set of goods. Why? Because I am not willing to go through my 70something large hoodlist every 30 minutes. Invariably, 30-40 of them will not be plundered by me every round. Yes, have have gotten those large sets once in a while, but those do not come as often because those players put up a challenge to me by Collecting On Time. Some of my opponents, I don't even attack anymore, because I know they collect on time and I know the losses I will get is not worth just the PVP points.

In the world I am at the bottom on, I used to get attacked. I usually lost 1-2 collections every round. But soon my hood came to realize that it was hard to get a plunder off me, and they would injure or lose at least one unit every attack; now, I rarely get plundered.

Point made, each end of the hood has a CHALLENGE. The top's is to time their attacks and plunders. The bottom's is to make the top's attack not economially and time-wise worth it. THE SYSTEM WORKS. Case closed?

I am #2 in my hood (and the only guy who has reached CE) and I plunder plenty of 20's and 30's. And I lose maybe 2-3 unattached units for the whole n'hood. Lose some attached units too, but don't care about these. The system clearly doesn't work, since it's so easy for me to gain 100's of goods from my neighbours.

DeletedUser

Well, I was number 41 in my hood, but now I am 20th and so what ? THIS DOESN'T MATTER ! I DONT CARE ARE YOU WITH NUMBER 1 OR 1 000 000 ! ... Let's discuss what is supposed to do on this page, not the rank of the players. Nothing personal, but this is an important discusssion !

DeletedUser7990

Maybe you should consider the challenge of not leaving buildings open to being plundered. You know when your stuff is due for collection the plunderer has to make regular visits to see if they can get your stuff. If you choose to leave an open shop in the full knowledge that the game rewards plunderers then that is your fault.

This is the game, why not try to be a better player and overcome the challenges it throws at you. There are enough issues with the game mechanics in other parts of the game but PvP actually works as designed.

I already lose 5 goods a day, per building, because I have to put things on a one day rather than on two eight hours and one four. And then there are those times when I can't collect.

Also, I work. Sorry, work gets in the way of things. I have to be at work before I have been up for eight hours. Until recently I could only physically build houses which were 8 hour production houses. How am I supposed to collect? I can't. So I will always have things open to plunder.

Also, were I in a neighbourhood where I were at the top of the pile, I wouldn't have to worry about this. As I'm at the bottom I do. I also miss out on medals because I can't attack any of the other players (with a few exceptions) because their defences are way too strong.

Again, were this fair I might be able to get medals, in order to have more space with which to have more buildings and with which to move on ahead in this game. As it is I'm at the bottom of the pile without a hope in hell's chance of catching up because I can't produce enough goods, I'm losing out all over the place.

I looked, the other day I got successfully attacked 6 times in the space of an hour. I doubt they lost a single troop.

You tell me what I'm supposed to do to keep up. Pay with diamonds? No, I won't do that.

A guildmate quit because they deleted his worlds and would only give him the diamonds back that he hadn't spent. He had spent loads of money on diamonds and got messed over by these people.

So...... I'm just going to have to keep falling behind enough until I can get into another 'hood? Great. What game encourages that?

Well, I was number 41 in my hood, but now I am 20th and so what ? THIS DOESN'T MATTER ! I DONT CARE ARE YOU WITH NUMBER 1 OR 1 000 000 ! ... Let's discuss what is supposed to do on this page, not the rank of the players. Nothing personal, but this is an important discusssion !

Sure it is. The rank doesn't mean much. Those who are below me are generally higher up the tech tree than me. They generally have better troops than me. It's just I'm sort of active, I do collect a lot etc, and I get punished for this.

I'm defending against troops two or three eras ahead of me.

http://forum.en.forgeofempires.com/showthread.php?28878-Solution-to-Forum-Plundering-Argument

Perhaps this will offer the players being plundered a little chance, like you are talking about

Yes, i think it's a good idea. However I don't think it deals entirely with the problem. It's not a problem necessarily of the ability to plunder, it's the problem of people not standing a chance in battle.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Have you tried to ask friendship. Do not text them - just send them a request. If that doesnt happend - then send them a message.

DeletedUser7990

I am #2 in my hood (and the only guy who has reached CE) and I plunder plenty of 20's and 30's. And I lose maybe 2-3 unattached units for the whole n'hood. Lose some attached units too, but don't care about these. The system clearly doesn't work, since it's so easy for me to gain 100's of goods from my neighbours.

Wow, someone who is at the top and doesn't say it just works.

I am in two worlds, one, I am at the bottom, one, I am at the top.

At the top one, I make a habit of attacking my plundering my hood 3-4x/week, but I will be honest, most of the goods I pick up are the "1/5" and "2/10". I have ALMOST NEVER picked up a "4/20" or "6/30" set of goods. Why? Because I am not willing to go through my 70something large hoodlist every 30 minutes. Invariably, 30-40 of them will not be plundered by me every round. Yes, have have gotten those large sets once in a while, but those do not come as often because those players put up a challenge to me by Collecting On Time. Some of my opponents, I don't even attack anymore, because I know they collect on time and I know the losses I will get is not worth just the PVP points.

In the world I am at the bottom on, I used to get attacked. I usually lost 1-2 collections every round. But soon my hood came to realize that it was hard to get a plunder off me, and they would injure or lose at least one unit every attack; now, I rarely get plundered.

Point made, each end of the hood has a CHALLENGE. The top's is to time their attacks and plunders. The bottom's is to make the top's attack not economially and time-wise worth it. THE SYSTEM WORKS. Case closed?

Lucky you.

I generally collect on time, but people still attack me and still plunder me. They don't care if they have to come back time and time again.
Seems not everyone gets bored.

Have you tried to ask friendship. Do not text them - just send them a request. If that doesnt happend - then send them a message.

Yep.

Though I actually asked for protection from another player. This gained me the lack of plunder from a number of players. However it still didn't stop the others. For me it's "bearable" right now. Another player has decided I'm an easy target and is plundering me every day. Like I said, I have some special buildings they like to plunder that I can't change, I don't want to get rid of because I know I can't just buy them again.

I dont leave my productions, but You cant be online 24 hours to eliminate the chanse of plundering your buildings ! I saw that nothing cant be done so I started plundering too. I usually aid everyone in my hood, but once I decided to check who returns my favour. I aided only the players from the history who did that to me. Then I saw who didnt aid me and I atacked the weaker. Why should I aid daily players who don't return the favour? So I started plundering too. There are not so many players which are peacefull like you and me. Forget about what is fair and watch only your interests and your city. Watch your enemies - if they dont have army barracks or are changing them - try and attac them. You will return the favour. The world and life are not fair so You should forget and play for your interests and for your city and priorities ! I am sorry to say it , but this is the way.I dont like this fact of the game too, but I have no other chanse.:(

Here's a big problem. My job. I work, I have got headaches from my job. Saturday morning I slept for 11 hours. I put on an 8 hour schedule, either that or 24 hours. If I put on 24 hours I lose more than if I get plundered.

Great, stuck between a rock and a hard place. Either way I lose out. Either way my attackers lose nothing and gain something.

DeletedUser

I once got angry and stopped the game for 5 months. Try to play different games for a while and then come back. You will feel better.

mrbeef

Lieutenant-General
I robbed 2062 goods last week from the n'hood (assorted EMA - CE goods)... gotta love the silly merge system :)

DeletedUser653

I robbed 2062 goods last week from the n'hood (assorted EMA - CE goods)... gotta love the silly merge system :)

Mr Beef, you have the problem in one. Plundering is not the real issue the real issue is having upto 4 ages of players in the same hood. This is a INNO problem and thus should be fixed so that a hood starts with only 1 age of players
for maybe 84% of hoods and 2 ages for 15% and maybe allow a few hoods to stretch over 3 ages at either end of the player list.
Its perhaps the answer all players would be happy with.

DeletedUser2989

It does appear that the real issue is that the hoods are not balanced enough and I'm tempted to put that down to not all hoods being included in each merge as well as other factors that are hard for the system to work with (people going inactive/active or falling out of sync with members of their "chunk"). The neighborhoods are a tricky thing to get right as they want to encourage some small diversity in hoods at a minimum (so most should have 2 ages) but not too much (clearly 4 and more ages in a hood are big issues).

However even if the system was fixed I think players would still find themselves in "hard" or "easy" hoods to a point. Being in a hostile hood will be more difficult than being in a peaceful one. Being moved to a hostile hood isn't really a punishment as much a consequence of how different players choose to play. All of us regardless of the hoods we are in can only try to make the best of what we have, at some point we'll have to be challenged by the game otherwise boredom is bound to set in (though I acknowledge too much challenge can also cause boredom...).

Hopefully some areas of improvement can be found by the devs and they can make some changes and make the hood system create fairer hoods. Though we most likely will have to accept some degree of error in any system, it just should be minimal.

DeletedUser

omg another plunder topic ,, i work and have to time my goods to when am in front of the computer or a internet cafe or a friends house , thats all am gonna say as i just get bored so easy with this kind of topic

DeletedUser15322

simple answer do what i did and invested in huge amounts of watchfires at each event. since i have over 80 watchfires plus defence gbs up2 at least level 10 no1 attacks me (let alone plunders me) the plunder system is a major part of the game. It has never been broken, but for some reason players take it so personal when they are plundered. ITS ONLY A GAME. a bit of coin or supplies that gets plundered is not going 2 destroy you, and no its not the end of the world. secondly if you want goods that are not plunderable simple answer invest in getting and building up goods giving gbs.

The Tominator

Sergeant
i play in BA and i wish i could be put in with the ema players...cause i built my zeus up to lvl 20 and Aachen to lvl 10 ..and now go bash every1 steal their goods and oh what fun it is beating ema armies with spears and slingers

patrick3377

Corporal
simple answer do what i did and invested in huge amounts of watchfires at each event. since i have over 80 watchfires plus defence gbs up2 at least level 10 no1 attacks me (let alone plunders me) the plunder system is a major part of the game. It has never been broken, but for some reason players take it so personal when they are plundered. ITS ONLY A GAME. a bit of coin or supplies that gets plundered is not going 2 destroy you, and no its not the end of the world. secondly if you want goods that are not plunderable simple answer invest in getting and building up goods giving gbs.
Even better: just do the repeatable quests with random reward - in BA only i have managed to get 400 goods in 1 month... and i visit this village only 4-5 times a day to do a bunch of quests. No fps required, no gbs, no plunder possible... not very interesting though ;)

Anyway, some people are plundered from all their goods production, and that's not fair in my mind - how to progress without goods? Not all people can play at friends house, and some people work long hours... there should be less problems if we had 12hrs production instead of 1 day, as you can go to work, back home (even if the motorway is over-busy) and you have your chance to collect.

omg another plunder topic ,, i work and have to time my goods to when am in front of the computer or a internet cafe or a friends house , thats all am gonna say as i just get bored so easy with this kind of topic
This is a good sign that there is some problem with that, and requires no less attention than the background bunnies...

DeletedUser105579

Anyway, some people are plundered from all their goods production, and that's not fair in my mind - how to progress without goods? Not all people can play at friends house, and some people work long hours... there should be less problems if we had 12hrs production instead of 1 day, as you can go to work, back home (even if the motorway is over-busy) and you have your chance to collect.

May I offer an alternative? I recommend the 8hr option. You can set both goods and productions to 8hrs, and if you so choose later on, same with houses. :)

This is a good sign that there is some problem with that, and requires no less attention than the background bunnies...

But patrick, this IS different. the background bunnies is animation made by a separate team than the coding team.. That said, people are annoyed b/c they say there are better things the devs can do with their time..
Which I completely agree with btw :)
Life isn't fair. Neither is a computer game. You either get lucky in this game, log in on time, or spend money (or a combination of those 3). How else will Inno get the funds they need? They is just one way they can keep the game going.
Those who get lucky don't want it to change, those who pay don't care/ like it the way it is b/c now theyr'e in a good spot... that leaves 1/3 Patrick... 33% isn't going to make the devs want to change. Look at it the the angle of the PVP player, the farmer, the money spender, and the dev for a second and you will see what I mean. The new semi-active player is only one group out of the many who play this game..

DeletedUser15432

Getting back on topic, the original idea of this thread was a revision to the plundering, well, I disagree with this, have been plundered many times, mostly by the same player, it is part of the game, I have managed to fight my way up through the various ages. Yes, I do plunder but only if there are goods, coins or supplies there when my armies have defeated the cities defenders. I no longer go back and search through those I have attacked to plunder them at a later stage.

There are many options open for the people who are being plundered, some of them as follows: -

Time your productions so that you know when they are due and are able to collect them at that time
If someone is a persistent plunderer send them a POLITE message asking them to stop
If this fails, send them a friends request
Beef up your defence, a strong defence is a good deterrent to most attackers, you can get free units from the daily treasure hunt 8 hour quest
Under no circumstances put minimal defences up, this just annoys people and they can and will communicate to frineds and neighbours that your defence is weak

DeletedUser

this all makes me laugh with the OP i have work life and a family to support, but yet i still can make sure i time my goods to when am in front of the computer if am not gonna be here then i wont produce any goods ,,

get over it and move on

DeletedUser106836

I think this is a great idea. You'd have to use actual skill to beat people, as opposed to just crushing them on auto because you are progressive and they are colonial.

that would only hold if anybody in the game could attack anybody. But the n'hood system means nothing you say is valid.

i m also in lower age and there are progresive era players in my neibourhood.i also attack and do it most of the time manual

DeletedUser99588

Maybe - stop/reduce plundering threads need to have the 'do not suggest' tag :cool: