• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Fairer player attacking and plundering

DeletedUser7990

It's an issue that appears on the forum time and again, that of people being plundered.

I'm going to suggest a change to the system, because it's down right unfair.

It's unfair because players get randomly put into neighbourhoods and this random action can have a MASSIVE impact on the way you play the game. In one world I'm near the bottom, every time a neighbourhood reshuffled comes along I go and see that I'm with exactly the same players, time and time and time again. I don't know how I can change neighbourhoods or even if it's not possible. I'm at the mercy of plunderers, there's absolutely NOTHING I can do about it. People say you can time your productions and things like that, but I got plundered today even though I was on my world within 30 seconds of my stuff coming in and still got plundered.

The point is it's unfair. There's no denying this. If I were a little bit worse at this game I might be at the top of a neighbourhood. But I keep getting the rubbish I'm getting.

So, a solution.

Players who attack other players either shouldn't be able to use troops from a higher era than the player they're attacking, or there should be some kind of extra defence for those in lower eras to compensate.

There's no challenge for those who attack me from higher eras. They simply waltz up, kill all my units and take minimal damage to their own troops, and then plunder me.

So, the fighting should be a challenge.

DeletedUser

I agree. My partner is repeatedly suffering at the hands of someone who's army is ages advanced of hers and she's a lot newer to the game than this bully. It's got nothing to do with tactics - in terms of gamesmanship it's like always choosing to play chess with a child you know you can beat. There should be either a restriction on ridiculously outmatched armies or a limit on the number of times a player can attack the same player when they clearly have a ludicrously unfair advantage.

DeletedUser14782

how about a like 25% def boost like frig said per lower age

DeletedUser

With the OPs solution there is no advantage given to a player who is a higher era. We're supposed to have an advantage, it's a huge reason to move up in eras and is the far more realistic way to have the game. Countries compete on military, and whoever gets the newer tech first deserves the advantage. Under your solution there would be even less of a reason for a defending player to advance their military. Under the current system a defender can always try to defend by moving up in eras and getting a better defense.

Also MINUS ONE FOR YET ANOTHER COMPLAINT ABOUT PLUNDERING. The system is not broken, deal with it.

Nilopertiso

Corporal
I understand the concern here, although fortunately I am now in CE in all worlds so being bullied has passed for me. It does seem odd that we must train and use age-specific armies in GvG yet as the OP questions can use any age army against any age players. It would perhaps present an interesting challenge if the attacker must have troops of varying ages to compete in PvP for their multi-age neighborhood and use troops of a specific age to match the age of the attacked player.

I don't think plundering is relevant in this instance and shouldn't be the sole response or excuse for dismissing the suggestion. I personally see if more of an element of the game which is flawed and presents little to no challenge unless you're in a neighborhood where all players are of an equal age.

I understand and partially agree with Seserous Omega's comment about the potential then being that lower age players will not feel a sense of urgency to progress through the tech tree, but then equally there are other areas of the game (continent map, higher-age GvG) which provides that necessaity and need to want to move through the game.

Last edited:

DeletedUser2989

There are many ideas in the ideas section started regarding plundering, you can try starting your own there or look for some to add your support to (similar for Seserous, you can go and -1 vote the anti-plundering ideas :) ).

I think the idea to restrict the attack to the defenders age troops was suggested before in the ideas section (If I find it soon I'll edit this post linking it) but I don't think giving a defense buff to lower age armies was suggested (Not too sure given how many different ideas there are...).

There should be either a restriction on ridiculously outmatched armies or a limit on the number of times a player can attack the same player when they clearly have a ludicrously unfair advantage.

Pretty sure there are a few ideas that impose some form of restriction, most of them for new players though.

When it comes to the topic of plundering from ages above one thing needs to be remembered. The neighborhood is intended to have some age variance in it (aiming for 1-2 ages, often getting 2-3 ages, shouldn't be getting 4 or more but can unfortunately), so most of the time you'll encounter enemies that are more advanced that can plunder you regularly.

DeletedUser12778

Well i think there is a problem, neighbor programming, you end up with lower age( BA, EMA, HMA) players in CE NH for weeks, what can that players do to defend? buy diamonds an rush to a higher age?

DeletedUser100832

I think this is a great idea. You'd have to use actual skill to beat people, as opposed to just crushing them on auto because you are progressive and they are colonial.

With the OPs solution there is no advantage given to a player who is a higher era. We're supposed to have an advantage, it's a huge reason to move up in eras and is the far more realistic way to have the game. Countries compete on military, and whoever gets the newer tech first deserves the advantage. Under your solution there would be even less of a reason for a defending player to advance their military. Under the current system a defender can always try to defend by moving up in eras and getting a better defense.

Also MINUS ONE FOR YET ANOTHER COMPLAINT ABOUT PLUNDERING. The system is not broken, deal with it.

that would only hold if anybody in the game could attack anybody. But the n'hood system means nothing you say is valid.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser7990

But then again there are plenty of advantages to players in the higher eras, such as GBs with attacking bonuses the higher up you go. Also, they're not going to get plundered themselves, because they have a defence that is higher.

Why not have GvG as just a free for all? Oh, yeah, because everyone would just use their highest ranking troops and destroy everyone. So they made age specific GvG battles. This doesn't exist within the neighbourhood, for example in mine where I think just about everyone is above me, and most people are two eras above me.

You say who gets there first gets the advantage, but then the lower players end up leaving because they're fed up of getting plundered to hell.

Also MINUS FIVE FOR YET ANOTHER ATTEMPT AT JUSTIFYING RIDICULOUS. The system is broken, and people will complain about it, deal with it.

DeletedUser96844

I understand when lower age players complain about being regularly plundered by the same person, but it is part of the game.
When I was at a lower age I too was plundered on several occasions.

Now I have quite a good ranking on Dinegu and fight PvP for the medals and points ... I very , very rarely plunder anyone (even those who only stick up a 2 spear defence)
It is just your luck which neighbourhood you get stuck in..
Not saying that you will be top or bottom, just in a hood where people attack for the points or if they all come a raiding after they beat your defence..

Only way to make headway against being plundered is to change your times of collection and be on when building productions mature.
You may not get it all before someone take something, but could lessen your loses.

DeletedUser7990

-1, PvP works as it should and plundering works as it should.

Yeah, it works badly. You're saying it should work badly?

I understand when lower age players complain about being regularly plundered by the same person, but it is part of the game.
When I was at a lower age I too was plundered on several occasions.

Now I have quite a good ranking on Dinegu and fight PvP for the medals and points ... I very , very rarely plunder anyone (even those who only stick up a 2 spear defence)
It is just your luck which neighbourhood you get stuck in..
Not saying that you will be top or bottom, just in a hood where people attack for the points or if they all come a raiding after they beat your defence..

Only way to make headway against being plundered is to change your times of collection and be on when building productions mature.
You may not get it all before someone take something, but could lessen your loses.

Oh, you were plundered on several occasions? Then you know what it's like to be attacked by 10 or more people daily looking for plundering opportunities then?

When I got put into my new neighbourhood, I got plundered twice before I even knew I was in a new neighbourhood. I got lucky in some ways because I used some connections to be able to get people not to plunder me. But I still get plundered, at least twice a day, if not more. Had I not had these connections I'd get plundered like 10 times a day.

So what's the point? All these people who get put at the top of the neighbourhood get lucky. All those at the bottom get unlucky. You say it's a part of the game. Sure it is. What I'm saying it's not a good part of the game and should be changed.

No one who plunders me has any problems plundering me. I've done what I can, I have Deal Castle, I have St. Basils, I put my best troops up and yet I get absolutely (insert swearword) over day after day after day.

Why play the game then?

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser99445

We've all been there and in other worlds where my cities are weaker, I get plundered as many do.
Despite all the many times I have been plundered though, I have failed to see any reason to complain about it as it is part of the game. You may as well complain about the limited amount of 24 FP a day without any boosts as this is what keeps the weak from getting strong quickly by levelling up GB;s and climbing the Tech tree.
Its not fair that it takes so long to get Forge Points
Its not fair that I get plundered
Its not fair that my guild is being seiged
Its not fair that I am last in my hood
Its not fair that someone only leaves two spearman in defence
The list goes on and on and on and on.

DeletedUser99588

Yeah, it works badly. You're saying it should work badly?

It works well and and yes it is supposed to work well. Never understood why players get so frustrated by plundering. Its not as if it is real. It is virtual and all you have done is click a button to set things in motion and failed to click a button on time to keep it. Not as if you have worked hours for it and then lost it.

If there was an actual fault in the game mechanics I would be there fighting for change but it seems to me that it works the way it should.

DeletedUser7990

It works well and and yes it is supposed to work well. Never understood why players get so frustrated by plundering. Its not as if it is real. It is virtual and all you have done is click a button to set things in motion and failed to click a button on time to keep it. Not as if you have worked hours for it and then lost it.

If there was an actual fault in the game mechanics I would be there fighting for change but it seems to me that it works the way it should.

It's not just the plundering. It's the fact that it's an open shop. If the person who did the plundering had to actually have a challenge in getting my stuff then fine, but where's the challenge in defeating someone who is so much lower than they are, and all because of the luck of the draw?

DeletedUser99588

It's not just the plundering. It's the fact that it's an open shop. If the person who did the plundering had to actually have a challenge in getting my stuff then fine, but where's the challenge in defeating someone who is so much lower than they are, and all because of the luck of the draw?

Maybe you should consider the challenge of not leaving buildings open to being plundered. You know when your stuff is due for collection the plunderer has to make regular visits to see if they can get your stuff. If you choose to leave an open shop in the full knowledge that the game rewards plunderers then that is your fault.

This is the game, why not try to be a better player and overcome the challenges it throws at you. There are enough issues with the game mechanics in other parts of the game but PvP actually works as designed.

DeletedUser

I dont leave my productions, but You cant be online 24 hours to eliminate the chanse of plundering your buildings ! I saw that nothing cant be done so I started plundering too. I usually aid everyone in my hood, but once I decided to check who returns my favour. I aided only the players from the history who did that to me. Then I saw who didnt aid me and I atacked the weaker. Why should I aid daily players who don't return the favour? So I started plundering too. There are not so many players which are peacefull like you and me. Forget about what is fair and watch only your interests and your city. Watch your enemies - if they dont have army barracks or are changing them - try and attac them. You will return the favour. The world and life are not fair so You should forget and play for your interests and for your city and priorities ! I am sorry to say it , but this is the way.I dont like this fact of the game too, but I have no other chanse.:(

DeletedUser105579

I am in two worlds, one, I am at the bottom, one, I am at the top.

At the top one, I make a habit of attacking my plundering my hood 3-4x/week, but I will be honest, most of the goods I pick up are the "1/5" and "2/10". I have ALMOST NEVER picked up a "4/20" or "6/30" set of goods. Why? Because I am not willing to go through my 70something large hoodlist every 30 minutes. Invariably, 30-40 of them will not be plundered by me every round. Yes, have have gotten those large sets once in a while, but those do not come as often because those players put up a challenge to me by Collecting On Time. Some of my opponents, I don't even attack anymore, because I know they collect on time and I know the losses I will get is not worth just the PVP points.

In the world I am at the bottom on, I used to get attacked. I usually lost 1-2 collections every round. But soon my hood came to realize that it was hard to get a plunder off me, and they would injure or lose at least one unit every attack; now, I rarely get plundered.

Point made, each end of the hood has a CHALLENGE. The top's is to time their attacks and plunders. The bottom's is to make the top's attack not economially and time-wise worth it. THE SYSTEM WORKS. Case closed?