• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Fairer player attacking and plundering

DeletedUser112892

Man the question wasn't to you :(
I simply hate when people answer someone else's question :(
I didn't even mean to answer your question. Better said I didn't answer it. I just wanted to say that Thomas is right.

DeletedUser114563

Nothing has changed in 4 years, you have a few players apposing your ideas, points and threads get killed every time because the players that agree with don't ever get a chance to even read my point ( or other good points ) because there is always some one killing the threads also because they don't like what they hear what's been said, a the point that would hurt them if taken seriously.

DeletedUser112892

Nothing has changed in 4 years, you have a few players apposing your ideas, points and threads get killed every time because the players that agree with don't ever get a chance to even read my point ( or other good points ) because there is always some one killing the threads also because they don't like what they hear what's been said, a the point that would hurt them if taken seriously.
Man, my defense bonus is 30% and offense atk 50 and defense 45% and I don't complain. I do everything to reduce risk of my defense being breached and to completely prevent attacker from plundering. I don't have high atk and def bonuses, but I don't complain. I play like every other normal player.

DeletedUser114563

Does it look like I'm complaining or trying to put some valid point thru' ?

DeletedUser112892

Does it look like I'm complaining or trying to put some valid point thru' ?
You started by talking that players should be able to attack or plunder only those with similar amount of networth points and in similar ages.
First is already implemented. About second, I've already explained why it is total nonsense.

Agent327

Overlord

With statements like "nothing has changed in 4 years" no one expects good points from you anymore. You are killing your own ideas. If you by now not know that the pointssystem and the hood merge have changed, why should anyone take you serious?

DeletedUser114563

Yes they should take me "very" serious because I'm trying to make a point here and not just woffle along making silly meaningless statements and trying to kill good meaningfull threads.

DeletedUser114563

Nothing has changed in 4 years, if you'd be so kind and read properly what I said afterwards, you'll see I'm talking about people like you who love killing threads so that the developers never get to hear real complains about problems in the game. Who's going to read pages and pages of useless replies anyway, I don't :(
Also you've wasted a lot of my time today replying to all your silly statements :(

DeletedUser114563

Indeed :)
Like the English say :
Let's have a nice cup of tea, my dear :) lol

Praeceptor

Lieutenant Colonel
Praeceptor
I get plundered very rarely these days so I'm not stressing.
You keep on hinting for players to play Elvenar, didn't you enjoy it, because there was no plundering in it ? :) LOL

I didn't enjoy it, but you might have noticed that I rarely bother to plunder either. I'm just fed up with the moaning about those who do.

DeletedUser114563

Good for you :)
( I might even get you to join my 2 man guild, 3rd player is just there in name but gone long ago, a 3rd real active player would make things completely different for John and I )

Agent327

Overlord
Nothing has changed in 4 years, if you'd be so kind and read properly what I said afterwards, you'll see I'm talking about people like you who love killing threads so that the developers never get to hear real complains about problems in the game. Who's going to read pages and pages of useless replies anyway, I don't :(
Also you've wasted a lot of my time today replying to all your silly statements :(

https://forum.en.forgeofempires.com/index.php?posts/270229/

Last edited:

DeletedUser114563

I read the first 4 pages of this thread and I got completely bored stiff ( just a vicious circle ).
My suggestion, because plundering is so easy lets make 3 fundamental changes to the game to make it difficult :
1. Plunderer must be in the same era as the player is plundering. ( if this is true already please then no further comments on this point are necessary )
2. Plunderer can only have twice has much points as the player he is plundering.
and probably the most important point which would change this game completely for good
3. Plunderer defense bonus can not be more then double then the player attack bonus he is plundering.
This last point would give the player who has been plundered a fantastic chance of being able to take revenge and plunder back, making it more difficult for the plunder that never gets plundered to get plundered and stopping this plundering madness.

DeletedUser112892

I read the first 4 pages of this thread and I got completely bored stiff ( just a vicious circle ).
My suggestion, because plundering is so easy lets make 3 fundamental changes to the game to make it difficult :
1. Plunderer must be in the same era as the player is plundering. ( if this is true already please then no further comments on this point are necessary )
2. Plunderer can only have twice has much points as the player he is plundering.
and probably the most important point which would change this game completely for good
3. Plunderer defense bonus can not be more then double then the player attack bonus he is plundering.
This last point would give the player who has been plundered a fantastic chance of being able to take revenge and plunder back, making it more difficult for the plunder that never gets plundered to get plundered and stopping this plundering madness.
Why again starting this when everyone said that current plundering system is completely fair?
Don't complain anymore and put some effort to be as much strong as those players.
This is a strategic war game with city management elements involved. It's inevitable that you will be attacked and plundered - that's the game.
Part of your role as the player is to manage your city to make it difficult to successfully attack or minimise the amount the attacker will plunder. Tips on how to do these have already been shared by others in this thread. Videos are also available on YouTube. English game guides are available on both the EN and US forums.

If you're being plundered so much as you claim to be, then you're doing something wrong, I'm afraid. And blaming other players, especially those who spend money that pays for the game's upkeep so that you can play for free, is not going to resolve your issues of being plundered.
We have a great community here and we like to help each other. But you're not going to get that help if you point fingers instead of asking for the help, are you?

I have never spent a penny on the game. I haven't been successfully plundered for a while now - but I know that eventually I will be, because it's inevitable in a strategic war game. I'm always within the top 5 people in my hoods (but that last point doesn't matter because score is not an accurate measure of military strength).

There are other city building games out there that don't have war features such as plundering. Nobody is holding a gun to your head and forcing you to play this one where there is plundering features.
Everything has been said, end of the story.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser112892

If ya don't like being plundered then buildab defence. Simples! I have built up my attack and defence so I can plunder my hood. It's how iplay. Don't like it? Tough.
Simple as that. Instead of wasting FPs on era rushing, it is better to stop and build up your city and, after that, no complaining about being plundered by much stronger players anymore.

DeletedUser112892

I would like to finally discuss cfpedro's last 2 suggestions (that he deleted with a reason):

Player should only be able to attack and plunder another player from same age.

Neighborhoods cannot be shuffled every day. You will find yourself with some +1 or -1 age players in neighborhood, but it is always resolved with next neighborhood shuffle.

Players should not be able to attack players who have two or more times lower or higher amount of points than them or who have two or more times lower boost in defense.

Again, it is your fault that you chose to rush eras instead to work on your bonuses. Don’t start to cry and complain because you were attacked and plundered with bonus in attack two or more times higher than your boost in defense. That player put effort to have that high bonus. End of the story.

When you are player who loves to complain when plundered, then you NEED defense to enjoy game (telling this because you stated that you don’t need a defense to enjoy the game).