• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Do Not Suggest: Extra Diamond Concept

• Thread starter DeletedUser7023
  • Start date

DeletedUser109385

Diamonds should be refunded when you sell a premium building because a lot of premium buildings go outdated when you reach higher ages so you need to delete that premium building to replace it with something up to date. and getting nothing back from selling that premium buildings is very annoying. Diamonds are the hardest resource to earn and is not fair that coins and supplies are refunded when buildings get sold but when premium buildings are sold nothing is refunded at all. I say when you sell a premium building you get a 80% refund, you would still have made a small loss of diamonds which seems fair to me as diamonds are very very hard to earn so you shouldn't lose too many of them.

P.S: I am going to format this idea later on.

DeletedUser106696

please keep in mind that diamonds mean hard cash, and that's what keeps servers, programmers and designers ticking over...

Also, in most ages diamond buildings offer very significant advantages over their non-diamonds equivalents, and I would consider it only fair that these advantages have to be paid for with real cash. As usual in this game, you either work hard (very regular collections), or you throw money at your resource shortages. Now you're saying you want those extra resources as cheap as chips?

rjs66

Lieutenant
when you buy a premium resource with diamonds you get the extra benefit for the time that resource is active
you are not paying for the building as such but for the extra resources it generates, thus you have had the benefit you have paid for
this is a strategy game - you make decisions, good or bad, and live with the consequences of those decisions

quite simply - "think" before "do" and don't expect a refund for making a bad choice

DeletedUser109385

Also, in most ages diamond buildings offer very significant advantages over their non-diamonds equivalents
This only applies to the current age, once you move to the next age the building becomes powerless.
Now you're saying you want those extra resources as cheap as chips?
No, it's not for the resources
So why do you think that premium buildings should pay back so much more?
Because diamonds are the hardest to earn than coins and supplies.

DeletedUser103052

This only applies to the current age, once you move to the next age the building becomes powerless.

No, it's not for the resources

1. Diamond buildings are often far better than buildings even of higher ages (The Iron Age cultural building is more efficient than buildings in the Late Middle Ages!).
2. I agree with Wife of Vlad, you pay for the boost that the building gives at the time, it is a game of resource management, and thus care should be taken when spending these rare resorces.
3. Diamonds are hardest to earn, with good reason. The revenue generated from them keeps the game running, and giving out large refunds will deter people from buying more.
In summary, -1 from me.

DeletedUser16126

People of INNO also have to get paid for their developments.
The price of the diamond buildings is not too high to scrap the diamonds when you move on.

Anyhow what you propose is simply not possible... I never buy the premium buildings directly, I always get them in the events. So I have to exchange diamonds to the currency of the event and then get a chance to get the building. Since most of these events are gamblings, you in many cases get something else. You simply cannot reflect the diamond prize of buildings received in this way. And in many cases (even with getting extra prizes) the cost to get it is cheaper than buying it immediately.

Everyone who buys (or get) a premium building knows he gets nothing back when it gets outdated. You know it in advance so if you don't like it, then don't do it.

DeletedUser110195

That there is a means of gaining diamonds without real money at all should be enough. That's how the free-to-play model works, people buy those currencies with real money and it keeps the game running. Being able to earn them through gameplay is just a carrot to entice people to continue playing who can't afford to buy diamonds now but may in the future.

DeletedUser653

not even going to vote on this one because even if it got 90% of all active players voting for it its never going to happen - Inno giving refunds on diamond purchases - hell will freeze over and the sun finally explode before they would even think of doing that.

DeletedUser110195

not even going to vote on this one because even if it got 90% of all active players voting for it its never going to happen - Inno giving refunds on diamond purchases - hell will freeze over and the sun finally explode before they would even think of doing that.
So maybe in 15 billion years? ;)

DeletedUser109749

Sorry ,even i say Plus one , there is no way that Inno games are going to implement this.......

DeletedUser1094

LOL
I have a a crapton of rewarded diamond-buildings in my inventory. Heck yeah... I wanna be able to place them in my cities, sell them again and get even more free diamonds than I already gets through normal play.
A big fat +1 ...nah, + 1000!!
It doesn't matter... For so many reasons, a thing like that is never going to happen....and thank God for that...the game would be ruined!

I'd better make it clear.