• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Era-Trolls . . . do you hate such play?

Giskler

Legend
You have a small chance on Noarsil.
Also, having looked at his city, I think I would actually feel bad. It’s one thing to plunder people, but going after those with [redacted] is a bit too mean.

Edit: Selene said I had to change my post to say you are really bad at the game instead

Last edited:

Agent327

Overlord
Also, having looked at his city, I think I would actually feel bad. It’s one thing to plunder people, but going after those with [redacted] is a bit too mean.

Edit: Selene said I had to change my post to say you are really bad at the game instead

If he was any good at it there was no reason for him to complain.

Ati2

Legend
NOTE: try not to suggest new players get stronger because new players by definition will not have those resources to get stronger for several months

The solution is simple: new players should get stronger before enabling PvP attacks. That's it. It's already in the game, there's nothing that needs to be added or changed. Problem solved.

PvP can be enabled at will for a reason. When you are strong enough, you enable it. Not before. If you create a defenseless balloon city, and purposefully say that others can now attack you, then that's really only your own fault. It's not the game that needs to be changed, it's the people who need to start to think.

Emberguard

Legend
PvP can be enabled at will for a reason. When you are strong enough, you enable it. Not before. If you create a defenseless balloon city, and purposefully say that others can now attack you, then that's really only your own fault. It's not the game that needs to be changed, it's the people who need to start to think.
I agree with the logic of not enabling the feature until you’re ready. Only thing I’d change is how it’s introduced. If it’s going to be delayed it should be done with an explanation

Given it’s now opt-in and not right at the start it’s natural for new players to be unaware of what PvP is until after it’s activated. If there was a walk through tutorial that showed both what it’s like when an opponent is much stronger and when facing weak cities then players would be better equipped to know what they’re unlocking.

Giskler

Legend
I agree with the logic of not enabling the feature until you’re ready. Only thing I’d change is how it’s introduced. If it’s going to be delayed it should be done with an explanation

Given it’s now opt-in and not right at the start it’s natural for new players to be unaware of what PvP is until after it’s activated. If there was a walk through tutorial that showed both what it’s like when an opponent is much stronger and when facing weak cities then players would be better equipped to know what they’re unlocking.
There’s no tutorial in real life, people need to stop whining so much. Learn and adapt or quit.

Ati2

Legend
If there was a walk through tutorial that showed both what it’s like when an opponent is much stronger and when facing weak cities then players would be better equipped to know what they’re unlocking.

I agree with you 100%. However... people don't come here to read. And I'm not being a jerk saying that, I was actually told this by some players. They don't care what's written where, they don't come here to read. With this mentality, you can have all the tutorials you want. (And there are a zillion tutorials out there.)

Emberguard

Legend
There’s no tutorial in real life, people need to stop whining so much. Learn and adapt or quit.
Doesn’t it? Could have sworn the first thing that happens when you go into a job is have someone show you the ropes. And what about parents and teachers? We might not have tutorials on every aspect of life, but we are given tutorials in at least some of the major aspects

I agree with you 100%. However... people don't come here to read. And I'm not being a jerk saying that, I was actually told this by some players. They don't care what's written where, they don't come here to read. With this mentality, you can have all the tutorials you want. (And there are a zillion tutorials out there.)
Oh totally agree people prefer whatever’s easiest. And there are tutorials out there. However I think it shouldn’t require looking outside the game unless it’s something the devs specifically want the player to learn by their own devices

Last edited:

Giskler

Legend
Doesn’t it? Could have sworn the first thing that happens when you go into a job is have someone show you the ropes. And what about parents and teachers? We might not have tutorials on every aspect of life, but we are given tutorials in at least some of the major aspects
There’s no tutorial for getting punched last time I checked :)

Ati2

Legend
Or better a bunch of rogues and one proper troop as a defence.
The craziest I've seen was 1 (one) rogue in HMA. I rarely plunder, but in such cases I just have to... (Even though I'm only in Iron Age myself.)

Does someone who does not understand what they are doing make me a bully? Just because I don't rush ahead the ages like a clueless person?

DeletedUser113125

The craziest I've seen was 1 (one) rogue in HMA. I rarely plunder, but in such cases I just have to... (Even though I'm only in Iron Age myself.)

Does someone who does not understand what they are doing make me a bully? Just because I don't rush ahead the ages like a clueless person?
Isn't that the lowest point score you can get though? I thought 1 rogue was a thing.

Giskler

Legend

Doesn't give any score.

Thomas Covenent

Lieutenant-General

You can't help Scrubs... they will forever blame you (and the entire rest of the world for that matter), for picking on them, being a bully/troll/****, and not playing the game "their way". (which is of course as they will claim, "the right way to play as intended by the game designers" - actual facts be damned!)

Scrubs will never accept that the reason they're in the situation they're in is simply because they're terrible at the game, while refusing to listen to any and all advice/help others may offer them.