• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Era-Trolls . . . do you hate such play?

Emberguard

Legend
How would you do that? HC has no effect on them at all.
No effect, plenty of reminders though

A bully never needs an excuse.
Then either he isn’t a bully, or you just called out @Cursedveggie for being a lazy plunderer ;D

LOL, the only thing teets has accomplished is to turn us all into Plunder Monkeys. I'm busying myself with gathering BPs and Goods so I have a full pack of; HC, VV1 and AM to go with my Z, CdM, AO, TA, Kraken and CoA...Come on you Meek!
out of sight out of mind?

Galladhorn

Monarch
The "Bullying" or repeated plundering happens in all ages. The larger problem as the intial post suggets is that it has a much more negative effect in the early stages of the game. Never the less it is worth metioning that eaven in Space Age Mars many servers has hoods where players are extremely far apart pointwise. +300 Million vs eg. 24 Million points is quite a span, but at least at this stage the lower ranking players should have learned a few of the normal counters to repeated plundering thus having some income where he or she can "survive regardless" - whereas in the very beginining of the game, most players are simply exploring and learning and will have nearly no if any options to counter continued plundering from long time campers. The only counter available at this early stage is Collecting on Time – and that can be regarded an actual asset for Inno, since it requires a more intensive and less casual play by the new player and continued Activity is part of the FoE game values.

– It is also true that Inno Game supports plundering, else they would never have made GB´s that directly increases the Wins of plundering.
– FoE has untill this point mainly been advertised as a City Builder, though there have been a few campaigns that did not propoes this as the main POS.

It is not only the plundering that makes new players go away, usually a player will happily start to build their city and it takes less than a week with dayli play before a new player hits the first obstacle/challenge to continue to build the city. For players that might have experience form other games or just simply already can see the pattern and correlate that to other much more developed cities it becomes obvious that a very long road lies ahead to even get close to anything substancial citywise. If one then adds dayli plundering from a long term camping player, then the choice to quit is a very easy one to make – This game takes a lot of time, Will I always be plundered like this?, where is the fun in this?.

How a person percieves something is individual but it still has a lot to do with the expectaions build and in particular with something that is supposed to be Entertainment like a game. If FoE was advertised more like War + City game (expect hard times, expect being attacked and your city being plundered), then it would attract other type of players, and the plundering would easily be percieved as something that is just part of the game. It could though also easily create another problem since FoE is not really that effective for War with no peer to peer play, some awkward alogrithms in the PvP and some server lag problems in the GvG - Other games does this a lot better, with both more to loose and more to gain waging war.

I do not have any solutions to this issue, but continued plundering of new players from long term campers is certainly not somehting that makes new players want to continue to play unless they have the time and mindset for it – If this actually is a calculated filtering of players I have no clue, but to some extend it could even be regarded as such even that it does not resonate a lot with the already mentioned part of making War in FoE.

Raising the question on this issue is relevant – but it must also be considered that in any game any options of exploitation will be exploited regardless. And those camping to plunder are on top of things also to be regarded as very active players – putting to much focus on them is not solving the issue.

Personally I get plundered more in my old Space Age Mars city than I do in my about less than one year old HMA city. The only players that plunder me in SAM are all ranking in the top 20 and have been around for as long as I can remember – but I don´t care since it has no real effect on my current casual playstyle and if it gets annoying I can just pull the City Shield for as long as a wish – something I can not do in the new city.

Perhaps FoE should consider to inform new players that they can expect to be plundered and it is therfore a good idea to get to some ages higher as soon as they can. That could be accompanied by giving new players a few extra "Bonus" City Shields calcualted in regard to how long time it takes for each low era with about 6 days of average play weekely. I am not sure this will do the trick, but at least new players would know what to expect and they would learn that the Tavern has some options to avoid/reduce Plundering – and the only "Free" way to get more of that stuff is to play more frequently and to click more – which is essentially part of what Inno wants every player to do.

Last edited:

- Ellie -

Sergeant
I gave up my world in EN due to bullying, not just the constant plundering of those that do stay in the same era, attacking is fine for tower points, plundering a handful of coins I don't see worth it yet they do, every single day without fail, and telling me to aid/mot pol them else they shall plunder and I am certainly not having any nasty insignificant little runt telling me what to do, the trouble is when you are going through the early ages you do get it an awful lot, in G world and in Mars, barely ever which is opposite to what Galladhorn says, maybe it is different on every world.

I have also sniped a player on G world and he wrote to me saying he shall make me pay for that, he shall not level for a year and hurled other abuse at me and perhaps I repaid the compliment but is it any wonder when players stoop to such levels, ever since he farmed the guild I was in constantly, leveled GB's to stop DD's and just caused havoc, this is utterly crazy because it is a game and the fp are not real yet some take it too seriously.

Emberguard

Legend
, attacking is fine for tower points, plundering a handful of coins I don't see worth it yet they do, every single day without fail,
If coins are worth as little as you imply why would it bother you that they took them? Either those coins had worth in which case it benefits them to plunder coins, or coins don’t have worth and you’ve lost nothing instead of goods or FPs

telling me to aid/mot pol them else they shall plunder and I am certainly not having any nasty insignificant little runt telling me what to do,
So you don’t want to help your opponent (they need motivation) but you expect them to help you? (You don’t want your opponent to play to win unless it’s on your terms)

Aiding provides coins. If you’re worried about losing your coins that’s the perfect opportunity to both retain and increase stock. It’s a win-win

I have also sniped a player on G world and he wrote to me saying he shall make me pay for that, he shall not level for a year
Ok, so either he was never going to level that GB anyway or you’ve just cost him far more then the GB is worth

perhaps I repaid the compliment but is it any wonder when players stoop to such levels, ever since he farmed the guild I was in constantly, leveled GB's to stop DD's and just caused havoc, this is utterly crazy because it is a game and the fp are not real yet some take it too seriously.
Your opponent is going to play to win. Just like in monopoly putting up rent or in chess taking your Queen.

What measures was your guild putting in place to prevent/counter this? Put a value on that double dip, was he putting in more then that dip was ever worth?

- Ellie -

Sergeant
If coins are worth as little as you imply why would it bother you that they took them? Either those coins had worth in which case it benefits them to plunder coins, or coins don’t have worth and you’ve lost nothing instead of goods or FPs

The point in being what an utter waste of time taking a mere handful of goods, at least take something worthwhile!

So you don’t want to help your opponent (they need motivation) but you expect them to help you? (You don’t want your opponent to play to win unless it’s on your terms)

Aiding provides coins. If you’re worried about losing your coins that’s the perfect opportunity to both retain and increase stock. It’s a win-win

Withouit prejudice, I don't expect them to help me whatsoever and I never even implied this at all so please do not try and put words in my mouth, when we change hoods I always mot/pol everyone without fail with the idea that they may see it as a friendly act, some plunder just because they can and wish to..

Ok, so either he was never going to level that GB anyway or you’ve just cost him far more then the GB is worth

Wrong again, the player is hardly likely to stop working on a 30 level Cape then?

Your opponent is going to play to win. Just like in monopoly putting up rent or in chess taking your Queen.

Well yes, there is the aspect of play to win, but there are still many trolls and bullies in the game and why I wrote in the first place, it is about era trolls, you're not going to stop it now are you.

What measures was your guild putting in place to prevent/counter this? Put a value on that double dip, was he putting in more then that dip was ever worth?

We done plenty, changing collection times and what have you, we are talking of one player becoming anti because he was merely sniped, I have been sniped many many times and I do not throw my toys out the pram like a spoiled juvenile and try and cause havoc out of spite.

Thomas Covenent

Lieutenant-General
We done plenty, changing collection times and what have you, we are talking of one player becoming anti because he was merely sniped, I have been sniped many many times and I do not throw my toys out the pram like a spoiled juvenile and try and cause havoc out of spite.
So you're just coming here and railing against anyone who's just a using a feature of the game, as intended, and calling them all buillies/trolls for doing so?

Not sure if serious, or just a hypocrite?:rolleyes:

...also, "something-something-pot meet kettle."

- Ellie -

Sergeant
So you're just coming here and railing against anyone who's just a using a feature of the game, as intended, and calling them all buillies/trolls for doing so?

Not sure if serious, or just a hypocrite?:rolleyes:

...also, "something-something-pot meet kettle."

I'm certainly not a bully, are you?

DeletedUser112892

I gave up my world in EN due to bullying, not just the constant plundering of those that do stay in the same era, attacking is fine for tower points, plundering a handful of coins I don't see worth it yet they do, every single day without fail, and telling me to aid/mot pol them else they shall plunder and I am certainly not having any nasty insignificant little runt telling me what to do, the trouble is when you are going through the early ages you do get it an awful lot, in G world and in Mars, barely ever which is opposite to what Galladhorn says, maybe it is different on every world.

I have also sniped a player on G world and he wrote to me saying he shall make me pay for that, he shall not level for a year and hurled other abuse at me and perhaps I repaid the compliment but is it any wonder when players stoop to such levels, ever since he farmed the guild I was in constantly, leveled GB's to stop DD's and just caused havoc, this is utterly crazy because it is a game and the fp are not real yet some take it too seriously.
People plunder coin production buildings becquse of two reasons:
1. They want to use the chance of getting a BP from a building that has been plundered;
2. They want to complete the "Outlaw" achievement.

Next, there aren't many players that camp in lower eras, and if there are, they mostly don't plunder you at all. Why can't you just hold off one daily plunderer (who can also be prevented from plundering by collecting on time) for two weeks and then just keep going as normal? Even if they tell you to mot/pol or put some FPs in their FPs every day, do it. If they break the treaty, stop doing that and use the city shield from tavern.

Agent327

Overlord
People plunder coin production buildings becquse of two reasons:
1. They want to use the chance of getting a BP from a building that has been plundered;
2. They want to complete the "Outlaw" achievement.

Next, there aren't many players that camp in lower eras, and if there are, they mostly don't plunder you at all. Why can't you just hold off one daily plunderer (who can also be prevented from plundering by collecting on time) for two weeks and then just keep going as normal? Even if they tell you to mot/pol or put some FPs in their FPs every day, do it. If they break the treaty, stop doing that and use the city shield from tavern.

Reason 3

They don't care .

Emberguard

Legend
Reason 3

They don't care .
Reason 4 - quest said gather coins
Reason 5 - can’t be bothered checking back later for something better (yay you protected your goods with housing)

EllieMaycor said:
Withouit prejudice, I don't expect them to help me whatsoever and I never even implied this at all so please do not try and put words in my mouth, when we change hoods I always mot/pol everyone without fail with the idea that they may see it as a friendly act, some plunder just because they can and wish to..
my apologies I was going off your post saying you were upset they asked you to aid them because you weren’t going to be told what to do. Your post didn’t say the problem is you agreed and they didn’t fulfill the agreement or that the request was in any way unreasonable. You said the problem was someone telling you what to do. If you’re already aiding with the goal of reducing plundering in mind why should it matter if someone at the start of rotation gets in early to request such a thing?

Giskler

Legend
I plunder all the time, everyone I can and I have no regrets. It's part of the game, learn to deal with it. I also get plundered occasionally, so what?

My proudest achivement in FoE is getting "I quit" letters from crybabies who can't handle it. If you were ever in my hood @teest I would plunder you every day :)

Agent327

Overlord
I plunder all the time, everyone I can and I have no regrets. It's part of the game, learn to deal with it. I also get plundered occasionally, so what?

My proudest achivement in FoE is getting "I quit" letters from crybabies who can't handle it. If you were ever in my hood @teest I would plunder you every day :)

You have a small chance on Noarsil.