• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Era-Trolls . . . do you hate such play?

DeletedUser118223

Most games don’t outright exclude a player from a game function because it weakens the game design. If you’re splitting the player base you might as well have an entirely seperate game.
I'm not saying you should change the game design... if I don't like it I won't play and/or invest in it. I'm mostly saying these elements should be better explained.

I'm also generally saying that I get very tired of games like Warbanner which I gave a go for a while. It was a very nice strategic/tactical game and I liked moving through the adventures which got generally tougher and became a challenge to defeat the npc's as you went forward. But then of course the city protection wore off. I had expected that and specifically invested purely in all defense tech that was possible using all resources only in defense and added every possible defensive building/troop/etc. Once protection wore off larger players that had special hero's (that could be purchased of course) and much more advanced armies simply overran me. There was no choice - the only way to keep up was to try to spend equally myself. Fortunately this game doesn't sound like that at all. I will just have to see and it appears I will have to learn by doing (losing) until I get my head around it.

I'm also currently playing Vikings: War of Clans where battle is a huge element to the game and I have been both the attacker and the victim. Sometimes with large costs in both directions. However in Vikings you can purchase a "peace treaty" which prevents you from attacking or being attacked, and the game mechanics keep those affordable. If you are careful with the gold the game gives you from time to time you will have plenty to spend on treaties if you so choose. It's a very nice compromise. I'll see if the tavern option mentioned previously is similar or not.

Thanks for all the information and replies. I don't see any point in babbling on about it until I actually know what I'm talking about when I get there. Then I'll have actual information to offer and debate upon, as it stands now I only have a lack of data.

Last edited by a moderator:

joesoap

Major-General
So is it that the building is done and waiting to be collected and those can be plundered, or is it from your inventory, or both?
buildings can only be plundered if they are placed in your city (your inventory is invisible to others), if you can collect them then so can plunderers which is why collecting on time is a good habit to get in to

Agent327

Overlord
And where in the Wiki? I have searched on several terms, looked at several specific entries, and as mentioned before in another post "search plunder - you can see that you attack neighbors, but nothing about the mechanics or what happens. Other hits include getting coins by "plunder from the enemy" but enemy is not defined. " - Am I looking in the wrong places? Is there an entry for "plunder and the nature of attacking and being attacked from the social bar" that I'm not seeing? Something that explains what exactly happens when someone chooses that option on you - what can be taken and what cannot be taken and what you can do to mitigate or control that? Please tell me where exactly that is...

Game Basics maybe?

You would expect that someone who claims to be such a big gaming hotshot would start there.

DeletedUser118223

Game Basics maybe?

You would expect that someone who claims to be such a big gaming hotshot would start there.

There ya go, thanks for that. Under Players, it mentions "you also have the opportunity to fight against your neighbors" (opportunity? implies to me that both would have a choice) and in that are two links I didn't see before "fight" and "plunder" - in those sub entries there is indeed something more clear about "fight against the defending units the player has set up" - I assume in his current army definition (not just available troops). Following that assumption I will have to keep units in my defined army which I usually don't do because I select them before fighting the npc's on the map.

Did I say I perceived myself as a hotshot? I am very experienced and have spent a lot of time gaming but I didn't mean to imply I thought I was better than anyone at it. I just have a well informed perspective.

Thanks for the information anyway. Now at least I know "you can plunder most buildings which have a finished production" - a very very key point I'm glad I now know. If I'm online and playing at the time I'm attacked I'm curious how that will look but I'm sure I'll find out.

Agent327

Overlord
Did I say I perceived myself as a hotshot? I am very experienced and have spent a lot of time gaming but I didn't mean to imply I thought I was better than anyone at it. I just have a well informed perspective.

Tell me, what does that info add to the conversation. Do we need it to answer you? Do we need to know you play and review? So you have a blog. Does it matter? You are like a food critic walking in to a restaurant telling you are a food critic. Your posts are not even on topic, but just derailing the actual topic. If you do not understand it there is a questions section for all your questions. I find it very disappointing that someone "very experienced" does not know or does not see that. You would think that a hotshot like you would do some research. Are you just to big for that?

DeletedUser118223

I'm sorry that you've been bothered by it. I didn't see that element of the game intuitive and the information was not easy to find. I do appreciate the help. You don't have to respond to anything. And I don't just critique food, I also cook :)

You said the forum was for all your questions, but I'm off topic for asking for clarity?

Let's just forget it, I'm good with that.

DeletedUser110327

For the mathematical minded, of which I think there may be a few around, here is a simple formula:

Bullies happy + everyone else whining = less money

Bullies whining + everyone else happy = lots of money

Agent327

Overlord
For the mathematical minded, of which I think there may be a few around, here is a simple formula:

Bullies happy + everyone else whining = less money

Bullies whining + everyone else happy = lots of money

I have another simple formula for you

George preaching + no evidence = more nonsense

George silent + game as is = game as intended

Last edited by a moderator:

FantasticMrFrank

Brigadier-General
I’ve been in Contemporary era about 2 months, I play some of the towers and use GE and Neighbours to gain the points I need to try and compete at which point do I become an era camper/bully, a lot of players in my hoods have over 40million in points I’m at around 5 million? :)

DeletedUser115071

So I will you ask a question.
I am in SAM.
I have X points.

The lowest players I attack everyday because of Himeji bonuses, the lowest players have X divided by 6-10 of my points.
The highest players in my neighborhood have 3 to 4 times more points than me.

Does that mean they are era-trolls? Does that mean I am an era troll because someone is rushing ages, doesn't want to build GBs or doesn't make at least try to learn how the game works OR the worst doesn't want to learn to play the game and doesn't want to understand why this is happening living in total ignorance, regardless of that he is in SAM?

The same applies to people who are in EMA, LMA. Yes players rush ages unprepared and get players who are actually preparing to move towards other ages, some like to stay in an age until they have enough units, enough FPs or get a GB to a certain level. These players take an advantage that they can get.
When those players get people who are not prepared at all, so why not take that advantage in a game that is heavily based on a war thematic. So if you whine about it, then start preparing for the next age...

Right now this thread is only doing two things: Whining and disowning the hard work of some players...

DeletedUser99588

What a funny thread. Some players like to be a big fish in a small pond and stay in the lower eras for that reason, oh and it is also beneficial for GvG guilds that like to have the coffers topped up daily. Why would someone want to trample over their right to play the game in this way when as far as I can see there are no rules against it and changes have been made to event quests to accommodate it, which seems like an endorsement from Inno that this is acceptable game play. Most 'NEW' players to the game do not stay in these eras for long anyway so it is a minor hurdle to jump and should hopefully get them thinking about a strategy for how they will overcome similar game challenges in the future.

Those that give up at the first hurdle, well this just isn't the game for them and would no doubt leave at the next challenge that they couldn't or won't rise to meet. No loss of revenue to Inno because these are not people interested in playing a game that can require a modicum of effort and strategy to succeed with efficiency. Quite frankly you can progress in a less efficient manner with very little effort and no strategy so I'm always amazed at those that moan about these things. Either they're not great at the game or possibly it is more of an ego thing and don't like that other players are in a stronger position to them.

The vast majority just get on with it as it is all part of the game and the mature outlook is to realise that some aspects of it you will enjoy and others you might not, but understand they are there because other players enjoy it or it is deemed necessary for the game mechanics and/or balance.

DeletedUser99588

Most of those changes have silently disappeared.

Fair enough, not been keeping a close eye on it recently but did notice they are still giving alternatives for some quests which was a big ask from them at the time. Not that I think they should have got it mind you. Personally I think you should accept the good and the bad with the style of play you have chosen.