• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Discussion thread - Update to 1.25

DeletedUser2989

the uncapping of gb levels will allow us to slowly claw back some of the military boosts THAT WE ALREADY WORKED VERY HARD TO GET AND which WAS then TAKEN AWAY FROM US with the gb nerfing.

IT HARDLY ADDS ANYTHING TO THEIR GREATNESS in my opinion. :mad:

So now we learn by accident that the medal rewards of frontenac have been nerfed.....add that to Deal Castle medals from way back and the recent gb nerf...........Even if the two ME gbs were any good (which they're not) i'd not bother with using city space and thousands of goods and fps to complete them as what you started with may not be what you will end up having as inno seem to think its okay to take away what ever pleases them, even if you have spent real cash to build them. Something i didnt think would be possible once the game moved out of beta stage.?

You make it sound like the game developers done want anyone to play their game, which I'm sure is every game developers dream :)

I'd say if you can double your GB (level 10 up to level 20) it'd double it's greatness ;) In some cases the boosts could get rediculous!

Really this game is still in beta as it's still incomplete, but they have decided to call it live and I'd agree much more of this should be dealt with in beta. But I'd much rather they tweak something (even f it's a reduction) to make the game fair than leave it unfair. I guess I just look at their greatness from a different perspective. I imagin what my town would be like without them and I'd be much worse off.

Another thing everyone needs to keep in mind is that if it's faster for you to get everything and complete everything (so get medals and expansions quickly) the faster you have to find a new game to have fun with... So I don't mind it taking a bit longer to get medals, just so long as it's not too long as it would get boring.

DeletedUser8813

I'd say if you can double your GB (level 10 up to level 20) it'd double it's greatness

doubling the level does not even get them back to what they sold them to us as ..how does that make them twice as great..the goods given or coin value going to increase as we level them again?

DeletedUser15432

To get back to the attack levels before you would only need to add 7 levels, however for the defence levels, you would need to add 24 levels

DeletedUser5180

To get back to the attack levels before you would only need to add 7 levels, however for the defence levels, you would need to add 24 levels

and once we manage to put in all the effort to raise them back to what they once were, along will come inno with their magical nerfing wand and strip them right back again.......but he-ho we may get promised a voucher for use sometime in the future

DeletedUser96901

nobody said the new levels will increase the attack bonus in the same way the first 10 level did :rolleyes:

you could only get 2% or 1% or a different third bonus (like faster recruitment)

DeletedUser7719

You forgot that defense GBs only boosted defense prior to the changes, so this would need to be brought up only about 11% more attack and defense, so it would be 4 levels

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser15432

I did not forget the attack option on defence, I was calculating like for like and a max level St Basils and a maxed level Deal would have given 200 defence whereas now they give 60, so to get the same 200 defence each would need to be either 33 or 34 levels (Deal perferably at 34 levels) which would give 201 defence

DeletedUser7719

I did not forget the attack option on defence, I was calculating like for like and a max level St Basils and a maxed level Deal would have given 200 defence whereas now they give 60, so to get the same 200 defence each would need to be either 33 or 34 levels (Deal perferably at 34 levels) which would give 201 defence
Before they both gave only 200% defense to the defending army. After they both give 60% attack and defense to the defending army. Having 200% defense only is equivalent to about 141% attack and defense, so they would need to be brought up (141%-60%)/3 = 27 levels

DeletedUser

FYI, with the new Hardware Acceleration feature enabled, I have twice had a bluescreen crash (stop 0x0A?) now in my A world, while trying to log out. I have turned off this feature now to see if the new problem goes away (it didn't make a huge difference for me). Not quite enough info yet to confirm this as a FoE bug and submit a bug report tho.

Windows 7x64 (patched up to date), Chrome Version 34.0.1847.131 m, Adobe Flash Player 13.0.0.206 (also new April 28), ATI Radeon HD 5700 Series video adapter.

DeletedUser96901

Before they both gave only 200% defense to the defending army. After they both give 60% attack and defense to the defending army. Having 200% defense only is equivalent to about 141% attack and defense, so they would need to be brought up (141%-60%)/3 = 27 levels
wrong math :rolleyes:

(x + 0% attack) * (x + 200% defense) = 300% fight power
(x + 141% attack) * (x + 141% defense) = 581% fight power

correct value is square root of 3 minus 1 = 73% (approx)

(x + 73% attack) * (x + 73% defense) = 299%

so the would need 5 level in both to get over that value :rolleyes:
or 2,5 in each of the GBs

so the correct sentence is
200% defense only bonus is equivalent to about 73% attack and defense bonus

DeletedUser7719

wrong math :rolleyes:

(x + 0% attack) * (x + 200% defense) = 300% fight power
(x + 141% attack) * (x + 141% defense) = 581% fight power

correct value is square root of 3 minus 1 = 73% (approx)

(x + 73% attack) * (x + 73% defense) = 299%

so the would need 5 level in both to get over that value :rolleyes:
or 2,5 in each of the GBs

so the correct sentence is
Yea, I over-complicated things when you were just suppose to multiply the values :p

DeletedUser

Any danger of the extended map yet? It was supposedly good for release last week, surely there can't be that much wrong with it, why is it taking so long?

DeletedUser

World being updated now in A. Any relation to map expansion?

Edit - Yay! Expansion map updated!

Amy Steele

General
Any danger of the extended map yet? It was supposedly good for release last week, surely there can't be that much wrong with it, why is it taking so long?

Hey presto! Your wish is my command ;)

Your timing is impeccable :)

The new expanded map is now implemented - there was an issue for some players that meant its implementation had to be delayed.

Last edited:

DeletedUser15432

They actually did the updates for the expanded city on all 8 EN servers at once

DeletedUser7223

Two medal expansions? Mr Ambassador, you are spoiling us.

yea , wasn't too happy about that . BUT !
What ever patch you added with the update the game is running tip top . Clean , crisp graphics , in & out of GvG maps instantly , game running 2 hrs now and no need to refresh . So far so good , well done Inno .

With the new update we can now see the full scale of our city's .
http://prntscr.com/3gt47m

DeletedUser

What ever patch you added with the update the game is running tip top . Clean , crisp graphics , in & out of GvG maps instantly , game running 2 hrs now and no need to refresh . So far so good , well done Inno .

With the new update we can now see the full scale of our city's .
http://prntscr.com/3gt47m

Not my experience at all, ok so it's easier to see the city outskirts but my GvG map is slow, jerky and everything I do when in the map is lagging. Typing a message takes a second a letter, adding troops takes 2 to 3 seconds each seriously slowing down my ability to fight, even navigating takes forever, this update has ruined GvG for me.

DeletedUser

Not my experience at all, ok so it's easier to see the city outskirts but my GvG map is slow, jerky and everything I do when in the map is lagging. Typing a message takes a second a letter, adding troops takes 2 to 3 seconds each seriously slowing down my ability to fight, even navigating takes forever, this update has ruined GvG for me.

Have you turned the Hardware Acceleration feature on? If so, could you raise a ticket to support regarding your issues with the GvG map. Also, it would be worth turning the Hardware Acceleration feature off again and seeing if it resolves these issues.

DeletedUser

Have you turned the Hardware Acceleration feature on? If so, could you raise a ticket to support regarding your issues with the GvG map. Also, it would be worth turning the Hardware Acceleration feature off again and seeing if it resolves these issues.

Already done everything you suggested. Support had me tweaking all sorts, nothing has helped. They can't seem to grasp the fact that this only started immediately after last Wednesday's update, they still insist it's a local problem. I try to explain that if it was local it would have occurred before the update, but alas it's like talking to a wall. Ho hum.