• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Discussion thread - Update to 1.25

DeletedUser14881

I noticed last night the expansion update arrived but, will it be in this irregular shape?

Look below my Deal Castle. It was supposed to form a full square/rectangle, but this irregular shape made that corner useless without all the expansions in the vertical column (in the picture, to the left of big GBs).

Surge

Brigadier-General
I noticed last night the expansion update arrived but, will it be in this irregular shape?

Look below my Deal Castle. It was supposed to form a full square/rectangle, but this irregular shape made that corner useless without all the expansions in the vertical column (in the picture, to the left of big GBs).

Note at any day of the week, when I point to a city on a map, it is always a circle and not a square. Ha. Hah. *Sorry I had to get it out*

To be honest I am fine with the irregular shape. Sure it will be difficult to place expansions that will be useful, but a challenge is always nice.

DeletedUser5904

I really like the map expansion, as it helps to access the buildings @ the furthest reaches. That being said, a nice companion to this would be the ability to scroll our a bit further with the mouse wheel to have visual access to the entirety of the map. It would simplify collection for those of us @ or near max space cities, as well as assist in moving things around during partial or full rebuilds.

Surge

Brigadier-General
I really like the map expansion, as it helps to access the buildings @ the furthest reaches. That being said, a nice companion to this would be the ability to scroll our a bit further with the mouse wheel to have visual access to the entirety of the map. It would simplify collection for those of us @ or near max space cities, as well as assist in moving things around during partial or full rebuilds.

Well technically the devs did actually raise the limit height. Of course, it's still a little low, but it's quite a bit better than the height we had to put up with the whole time. There is one post or thread I saw somewhere suggesting a 3rd scroll option but I can't find it. I am sure someone suggested it in the past, though.

DeletedUser14881

I'm not complaining about the new shape. It's just... Oh boy, I'll have to fry my brain again to maximize my working space. That's why I like FoE. This is the most annoying and yet awesome challenge in game.

I spent ten real life hours (not in a row, of course) planning my city while in EMA. And it worth! The same structure, with very few modifications, is flexible enough for all subsequent ages, even with the addition of 2x2 roads

DeletedUser15432

Well, 10 hours for one city is a bit of a stretch, there is a very useful guide called "forgestats" in the guide section which includes a city planner which I find extremely useful, for a full replan of the largest city in my inventory it only takes a couple of hours and that includes time taken out every hour to collect supplies from all cities

It actually takes longer to do the first plan than the subsequent revised plan

DeletedUser14881

I know the City Simulator and all this time I've spent was over it, moving GBs (at that time I had all of them), maximizing coins/supplies production while staying always at 120% with the least of Cultural Buildings as possible.

And your last statement was exactly what happened to me. I worked very hard in one earthwork and now I have little to none problems.

But it's just water under the bridge, I shall not misrepresent the topic any longer :p

DeletedUser97590

Well, the new map is larger but that's all I can say positive about it, cause it is very uninspiring and looks like the Norvegian fjords mixed with Finnlands 1000 lakes, with a touch of Mickey Mouse ears and a bunch of lunar rocks randomly placed. A piece of kitch designed by a 3 years old.
Get yourself a real designer Inno and make a map with some elevation and realistic land to water ratio, that actually looks like something one can look at instead of this eyesore you call a map.

As for the hardware acceleration, well it was fast for a bit of time then it started to get slower and slower and slower. One actually needs to restart the PC in order to get some speed back into this game. Looks like a memory leak in your graphics engine.

DeletedUser

As for the hardware acceleration, well it was fast for a bit of time then it started to get slower and slower and slower. One actually needs to restart the PC in order to get some speed back into this game. Looks like a memory leak in your graphics engine.

Regarding the hardware acceleration feature, this may cause problems with older computers and non-standard graphics cards. If you are having serious problems with it - disable it. It is still a beta feature and needs more testing to make it work effectively with all types of computers and graphics cards. However, it would also be useful if you could send support a ticket describing the issues you have with it - the more that people report, the easier it will be to solve any issues.

DeletedUser7719

Regarding the hardware acceleration feature, this may cause problems with older computers and non-standard graphics cards. If you are having serious problems with it - disable it. It is still a beta feature and needs more testing to make it work effectively with all types of computers and graphics cards. However, it would also be useful if you could send support a ticket describing the issues you have with it - the more that people report, the easier it will be to solve any issues.
There has always been a memory leak associated with this game. Maybe hardware acceleration works better, but it doesn't mean that it's solved all the performance issues with the game

DeletedUser

Disabling it makes no difference, to me the update has slowed down GvG enormously, to the point where it's unplayable. As for support, does this ring a bell 'we have not been able to replicate your issue'? Standard answer for every problem.

DeletedUser

Disabling it makes no difference, to me the update has slowed down GvG enormously, to the point where it's unplayable. As for support, does this ring a bell 'we have not been able to replicate your issue'? Standard answer for every problem.

Okay, well the only way to try to get issues sorted out is to report them. Not everything will be replicable, but if the devs are aware there are problems, then at least they can try to solve them. I appreciate that it can be frustrating, but if people don't raise tickets then how are the problems going to be solved?