• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Discussion thread - Update to 1.25

DeletedUser

Good news on trying to improve the speed. Hope it works for PVP and GVG as well and not just city, because fighting is a pain in the back. I have to refresh page after every 2-3 fights on manual

Minimising actions panel deselects action - this has been fixed.
Very useful as well.

Hope soon you will do something to help active fighters as well because lately I had to start begging players in my hood who have 250-300% or more total defense bonuses to start putting PE troops in defense because its impossible to break through with my maxed out attack bonus & manual fighting. And if me with 16 ME military buildings and enough coins/supplies to produce units 24/7, maxed out Alcatraz and the 3 offense GBs encounter this issues I dread to think how hard it is for smaller players.

DeletedUser15432

More city space and a useful, and well said Wallachian, wonder when the promised items will appear in inventory and when we will be able to use them

DeletedUser9546

Whine whine whine..look at me all I do is wonder out loud about things that have nothing to do with a post..whine whine whine

...Now onto something that ACTUALLY pertains to the announcement....How much do the expansions cost?

DeletedUser96901

Whine whine whine..look at me all I do is wonder out loud about things that have nothing to do with a post..whine whine whine

...Now onto something that ACTUALLY pertains to the announcement....How much do the expansions cost?
the same as before
the available place where you can put them will be larger

they don't change the price

And from this update, if you have some spare expansions, you can already use new areas!

DeletedUser

Diamonds wise i assume you mean? I would assume the same as the last expansions at the end of ME tech or +1 Diamond expansion per age so 1 x 200, 1 x 400 and so on...An exact figure is not known, by me anyway.

DeletedUser

That was hardly necessary Whit.

Anyhow, huge thanks to the devs for working hard on the hardware acceleration. My desktop and macbook both send their thanks!

DeletedUser96901

I would assume the same as the last expansions at the end of ME tech or +1 Diamond expansion per age so 1 x 200, 1 x 400 and so on...An exact figure is not known, by me anyway.
the next 2 diamond expansion will be available when postmodern era comes:
this update only brings more space to put them in the future

The city surroundings have been reworked and received new graphics which will allow you to add more expansions to the town in the future.

nobody said there will be more expansions in this update

DeletedUser

Thank you for clearing that up Test Ament. Much appreciated :)

DeletedUser

what happened with re-balancing of the GBs? Still can't see the bigger picture, which was promised when the attack GBs were castrated...
all i see is peaceful peasants getting more and more watchfires so fighters can't get through without sacrificing half their army
one more easter event and i will have neighbours with 200% defence

DeletedUser

what happened with re-balancing of the GBs? Still can't see the bigger picture, which was promised when the attack GBs were castrated...
all i see is peaceful peasants getting more and more watchfires so fighters can't get through without sacrificing half their army
one more easter event and i will have neighbours with 200% defence

It was more for GvG i believe than anything, attacking 75% boost wwith 150% is a walk over, taking sectors is much harder but still doable with 90%.

DeletedUser

if that was the issue, maybe increasing the support pool rather than decreasing individual attack bonus would have been more appropriate. that would have kept pvp more active.
when those issues were raised before that notorious update, the word was - wait and you will see. ok, wait till when?

edit:
what bothers me is this. one of game's slogans is activity yileds rewards, right? that's why doing 5 min supplies constantly over 24h period will produce more supplies than the 1d production. attack is activity. and attack seems to be neglected and pushed more and more to the background, like a side feature.
there were rumours no more hideouts will be given as rewards. anyone heard something like that about watchtowers? not me anyway.
we get now observatory, which makes GvG attacks harder than before, as even periphery sectors now get bonus in bigger guilds with more observatories
so what will we do in the not so distant future? no pvp, hardly any gvg... produce and collect like vegetables?

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Wait till when i don't know. But as for the support pool adding a boost to that would make it harder for those down in IA ish that may have not even managed to get zeus yet, helps give them a chance too. If the big players aren't just ghosting the map of course

DeletedUser101779

Why haven't the devs addressed the provinces' boost problem yet? All the players' GB military boosts have dropped by 40%, the provinces military boost should follow accordingly. When are they going to fix it?

DeletedUser

Why haven't the devs addressed the provinces' boost problem yet? All the players' GB military boosts have dropped by 40%, the provinces military boost should follow accordingly. When are they going to fix it?

i guess "never" is the answer here

DeletedUser

Again, when will the excess GB blueprints have a use. Stop teasing us with this lack of information and give us something to do with them.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

If there are no further expansions available to put down then why the hell bother putting all that space down ?? Rather a pointless exercise in futility if u ask my opinion.

Suggestions:

1. Make a Bonus Area for both PE and ME which contain additional expansions in every province with the Defence Boosts and Negotiation Costs gradually increasing with each one thats taken.... the starting point in PE could be 150% Def Boost and rise from there and 250% start point in ME.

2. Make the Neighbourhood Chat which has almost always remained unused into a "Leaders Chat" for Guild use.

Regards

SHELOB

DeletedUser

Many thanks for the Hardware acceleration feature; I'm hoping that I can benefit from this, although my computer and graphics card may not be good enough. However, it is good to know that I can both enable it and disable it.

Also thanks for the new expansion areas, which will be useful once I've got somewhere near using all the ones I've not used yet. :D

DeletedUser2989

As to several of the above posts I believe that the attack boost situation will most likely be address but things to come in the PME or in the "wonderous" new things we'll be able to do with extra BP's once they get around to it. I've also heard they'll be uncapping the GB's which would allow people to get their attack buffs back (but also allow defenders more buff, so sort of hard to say what it will result in...)

As to the actual update, I love the expansion! My town was getting close to full and I hoped that they would give us more space to expand into. Was getting worried I'd be stockpiling expansions because I bought too many with diamonds early on, now everything will fit (at least it should fit better :) ).

Oh I'm also looking forward to trying the Hardware Acceleration feature, I hope it fixes some of the performance issues I've been seeing.