• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Discussion thread - Progressive Era

DeletedUser3157

I think they did, a 2 lane road is a road nevertheless, so if it is connected to another road that in turn connects the town hall, then it should work... if it doesn't then you are changing the mechanics by creating 2 sets of roads that are not compatible with each other (at least for the buildings that require 2 lanes).. Well, my point is that there should be more info about it available..

If the 2x2 road would not need to be coming from town hall all the way, it would be just super abuseble and pointless as you could move with normal 1x1 road and just use a single 2x2 piece every once in a while to connect multiple large buildings, then keep going with 1x1.
Anyways I will repteat it over, as I'm not sure how aware staff is of it - but the new PE battles are almost completely unplayeble, they
are so slow now it takes about half an hour to do an easy battle which should take couple of minutes max.

DeletedUser16787

I just had a car drive though my buildings, bit early since I am only in CA

DeletedUser276

This is a discussion on Progressive era not towers ending early. Please keep on topic.

As for the Beta tag... Beta basically means that things could get lost or accounts rolled back or even the game getting cancelled. Each update will bring some bugs. The ones reported in here are all being addressed as we speak and will be fixed as soon as possible. In fact the ghost car and the disapearing buildings ones are already fixed. When bugs come from an update they are fixed as fast as possible.

For those mystified from the run through the beta server so fast that has been normal procedure since the game started. Thats for finding massive bugs that have the potential to crash servers or massive glitches. Once they are put out then they are fine tuned. Thats why it takes almost a week for us to get an update from the beta.... and why it takes a week for the other servers to get it after us.

DeletedUser

Haha yeah I have same thing in my houses and I have decided not to unlock PE yet

DeletedUser7128

1.Stuck in story line

New map completely conquered by battle.
Cant move past Story quest line, as no sectors are available to "Acquire".

Any suggestions?

2. Random Blue Print rewards are not received anybody else have this issue?

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser7128

Thanks I will

Just tried here first sure they have enough on their plates.

DeletedUser

I have seen people ask about similar problems and that has always been the answer given, so I thought I would save you some time haha

DeletedUser

Why don't the 2 lane roads provide any happiness?

I know when I'm driving around, I'm happy to see some nicely maintained roads, and that they allow me a smooth ride to my destination. Why would my citizens be happier to see a path from the bronze age than some nice 2-lane roads that allow them to drive their cars?

Why oh why have we had a reset of the Towers mid week? This should of occurred on a Monday when all the devs are in and Towers are at zero.I was #1 in 11 towers on 2 worlds now there is nothing, I have to start from scratch. I think there should have been more warning this was likely to happen. I did read the thread on leveling out across chunks of players but no mention of this possibility. I thought we are out of "Beta" surely this is live testing not monitoring!!

DeletedUser

if you were in first when they got wiped out then you got all the medals for them Erik.

Praeceptor

Lieutenant Colonel
I've played the Progressive Age today and here are my thoughts...

Wonderful!

The new roads are really well thought out. A lot of people with misgivings about only being able to place them on "even" squares can rest easy. The only issue is that there has to be an even number of squares inside a block, but that's not too difficult to sort.

The Map battles seem pretty well balanced and I love the new battlefields, although I have to agree with earlier posts - IT'S SO SLOWWWWW. I'm looking forward to getting some PA units to try out the trenches etc.

All in all - brilliant job (but please try to speed up the battles!). Well done devs.

DeletedUser276

just got word back on the 2 lane roads.

The buildings that activate by the 2 lane roads are very powerful. Because of this they wont be giving Happiness at this time for this era.

DeletedUser

I'm not sure that they are for production buildings:

Garage is 4x4 but requires 2lane road so on average 4 units of road will be used for it. 1450 / (4x4 + 4) = 72.5 production / square / hour.

Ranch is 6x7 and requires normal road so on average 3 units of road will be used for it. 3100 / (6x7 + 3) = 68.9 production / square / hour.

Lamp F. is 3x6 and requires normal road so on average 1.5 units of road will be used for it. 1510 / (3x6 + 1.5) = 77.4 production / square / hour.

This doesn't factor in happiness gained from normal roads compared to the 2lane road or the difference in population required for each building (garage is less).
I suspect that after population is taken into account, garages ARE better but not by that much. If I have time I'll do a proper analysis later :)

Praeceptor

Lieutenant Colonel
The buildings that activate by the 2 lane roads are very powerful. Because of this they wont be giving Happiness at this time for this era.

Makes sense to me - I've just run one long 2 lane road down one side of my city, and all the buildings that need it can be connected to it. Most buildings still only require single lane roads - no problem.

The loss of happiness will be more than compensated by building electricity plants (nearly as good as circuses).

DeletedUser3157

I'm not sure that they are for production buildings:

Garage is 4x4 but requires 2lane road so on average 4 units of road will be used for it. 1450 / (4x4 + 4) = 72.5 production / square / hour.

Ranch is 6x7 and requires normal road so on average 3 units of road will be used for it. 3100 / (6x7 + 3) = 68.9 production / square / hour.

Lamp F. is 3x6 and requires normal road so on average 1.5 units of road will be used for it. 1510 / (3x6 + 1.5) = 77.4 production / square / hour.

This doesn't factor in happiness gained from normal roads compared to the 2lane road or the difference in population required for each building (garage is less).
I suspect that after population is taken into account, garages ARE better but not by that much. If I have time I'll do a proper analysis later :)

You can check post number #82 in this thread.
Full mot, max GBs, best non diamond cultural(parks) assumed at 75% polish rate.

Park is 30 tiles for 2850 happiness, 95 per tile, 166.25 per tile on 75% polished assumed

Vics vs highrises:
Vics is 6 tiles 1.2 roads per vic(42 bonus happiness), 474 pop*1.4=664 culture needed, (664-42)/166=3.75, total 10.95 tiles, 2420 coins per 10.95 makes 221 per tile(1635 with mot, enth and max GBs)
Highrises 9 tiles plus 3 for road(no happiness), 1087 pop 5750 coins, 1087*1.4=1522 culture needed, that's 1522/166=9.2 tiles, total 21.2 tiles, 271 per tile(2007 with all bonuses)
Oucome: obv highrises are much better(only output wise 23% already+save P/M+give more efficent pop etc), but I'm mostly just showing these numbers cause they are needed in supply calcs.

Lamps vs Garages:
Garages is 4x4 with full 4 road needed for side, needs 338 pop and makes 1450 per hour. In effect it needs 338/1087=31% of highrise to work. Assuming 24h motivate collect in that system it makes for a collect of 1450*5(24h)*9.9(max bonuses)= 71775 supplies + 0.31*5750*7.4= 13190 coins, total of 84965 resource. Total space it takes is 16+4+0.31*21.2=26.57, effective collect is then 84965/26.57=3198 per tile
Lamps are 6x3, assume 1.7 roads per lamp(1.7=59.5 happiness). That extra road happiness we redirect towards highrise to make it smaller, highrise then becomes 9+3+(1522-59.5)/166=20.8 tiles. Lamps take 570 pop, that is 52.4% of a highrise. So system of Lamp would be 18+1.7+20.8*0.524=30.6 tiles. Lamp produces 1510 supplies per hour that makes 74745 supplies with GBs+mot on 24h run. 52.4% of highrise would add 22296 coins. That makes system total production 97041 for 30.6 tiles, 3171 per tile.
Outcome: Really doesn't matter much which one you build, but seeing how garage and 2x2 roads are a proper hassle design wise, they should imo improve it b4 en release, cause right now it's just so so much easyer going with lamps.

Ranches..I will leave smth for others to figure out as well.

edit: oops small mistake in regards to parks total output, it changes nothing in calcs tho since i had the correct per tile output, fixed it now.

DeletedUser12149

I think the goods needed for research should be different for each player somehow. It is impossible to get basalt right now. People who had basalt are basically scamming the market to trade for higher tier goods at rates that were unheard of before now.

This is called a bottleneck. You forced all players to enter the bottleneck right at patch time, and most of us won't get out for a long time. Seems like poor planning to me.
You could just as easily make the goods needed slightly random, because they often don't make logical sense anyway, and then we wouldn't all be stuck fighting over some goods from ages in the past.