• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Discussion thread - Progressive Era

Praeceptor

Lieutenant Colonel
I think the goods needed for research should be different for each player somehow. It is impossible to get basalt right now.

Although it's true that this could be a serious bottleneck for some, having a great guild who can supply the market makes a huge difference.

The players in my Guild (Thors Hammers in Dinegu) have built up good stocks, and any member who has the accelerator for Basalt are building goods buildings to keep up the supply. We've all built goods buildings from previous ages to help each other get through the new tech tree. It makes a big difference - I now have enough stock to get me halfway through the PA already.

See, we're not just warmongers! ;)

DeletedUser1983

Please speed up the battles in PE map!!! It's absolutely crazy the amount of time it's taking for me to finish one battle!!

DeletedUser9168

In fact the ghost car and the disapearing buildings ones are already fixed. When bugs come from an update they are fixed as fast as possible.
sorry to have to tell you that vanishing city buildings is not sorted either - i was back to visiting nearly empty fields of neighbours just now, but unlike earlier error there were just a few buildings scattered around in the fields this time (no roads and nothing like the full complement of buildings that i know were actually there). Do i need to fill out a ticket again?

DeletedUser

I think I heard someone say they added natural disasters in the PE, so it might be intended

DeletedUser5514

Seems to me this new age and the changes it brought to the game, are quite disapointing to say the least. A single GB wich is pretty much worthless, 2x2 roads wich put even more strain on city planning (few space), GBs that cannot be taken advantage off to theyre full potencial because there wont be enough houses nor supplies buildings to use those GBs bonus on (for those who arent 24/7 playing this game), a not so serious issue regarding battle scalling and units movement, no changes on the FPs accumulator (still 10 FPs), battles and visits to other player cities taking an eternity...

Although im a top 10 player on Dinegu with more than 1M points, all GBs built with full duplicate BP sets, most goods stocks over 1000, wich can give you a hint on how active i usually am, the disapointment is too much to keep me motivated to play this game, as much as before.

Regreatfully, ive been spending a lot of time playing this game, while it was still realistically challenging, but all theses changes are turning this game into a real hasle. Lesson: dont play online games.

Nevertheless, i will still give it a go, but i cannot see anything good, anytime soon, coming out from FOE.

DeletedUser10694

Seems to me this new age and the changes it brought to the game, are quite disapointing to say the least. ...............
Regreatfully, ive been spending a lot of time playing this game, while it was still realistically challenging, but all theses changes are turning this game into a real hasle. Lesson: dont play online games.

Nevertheless, i will still give it a go, but i cannot see anything good, anytime soon, coming out from FOE.

I have to agree with that. Excuse my cynisism (spelt wrong), but it looks to me like it was designed to more or less force you into buying diamonds for expansions, since without pretty much all of them available, your not going to have enough room to farm let alone have enough barracks to do battles with. Even with GB's its not going to help much. The 2x2 roads are a nice idea, but for them to not give even happiness? so there space usage is a total waste with no obvious return. Replacing existing roads with them looses you happiness. The big costs in goods etc and the nightmare of trying to reorganise a city with 2x2 roads and no spare room to move anything has more or less killed my enthusiasm. A few weeks back we had new AI and that killed PvP for me and many others. I went into farming instead hoping some compromise might come from FoE team who say they listen, by the time i reach end of industrial. Now this Pro Era has arrived which even kills the desire to even want to try and progress anymore. Just another nail in the coffin that has reduced this games interest, for me at least, to bordering on painful and boring. If it wasn't for me running a very large guild I would just quit. I stopped spending any more of my money after the new AI came in, and with all this I am glad I didn't throw my money away now.

DeletedUser3157

I have to agree with that. Excuse my cynisism (spelt wrong), but it looks to me like it was designed to more or less force you into buying diamonds for expansions, since without pretty much all of them available, your not going to have enough room to farm let alone have enough barracks to do battles with. Even with GB's its not going to help much. The 2x2 roads are a nice idea, but for them to not give even happiness? so there space usage is a total waste with no obvious return. Replacing existing roads with them looses you happiness. The big costs in goods etc and the nightmare of trying to reorganise a city with 2x2 roads and no spare room to move anything has more or less killed my enthusiasm. A few weeks back we had new AI and that killed PvP for me and many others. I went into farming instead hoping some compromise might come from FoE team who say they listen, by the time i reach end of industrial. Now this Pro Era has arrived which even kills the desire to even want to try and progress anymore. Just another nail in the coffin that has reduced this games interest, for me at least, to bordering on painful and boring. If it wasn't for me running a very large guild I would just quit. I stopped spending any more of my money after the new AI came in, and with all this I am glad I didn't throw my money away now.

So new AI made fighting more difficult and new age made town planning more difficult - huge problem..

You know it is same for everyone, right?

And diamond players have always had an immense stupid advantage over others, they get their 2 more diamond expansions with overpowered diamond buildings just like they been getting for past 7 ages now. Buildings get bigger and space gets tighter for them just as well as you in their proportion. If you are thinking they have it so easy now while rest are so much worse off, I say you have not being paying attention in earlyer ages about how much better off they were then.

People have problems when things are too easy, when new research tree gets completed within days, when new map gets conquered within hours etc, when AI is too dumb, when hoods are too small etc. But also when things are too hard, when research tree takes longer, when taking map takes longer, when AI is little smarter and when hoods are bigger and more competative. Really how can you make everyone happy?

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser5514

So new AI made fighting more difficult and new age made town planning more difficult - huge problem..

You know it is same for everyone, right?

And diamond players have always had an immense stupid advantage over others, they get their 2 more diamond expansions with overpowered diamond buildings just like they been getting for past 7 ages now. Buildings get bigger and space gets tighter for them just as well as you in their proportion. If you are thinking they have it so easy now while rest are so much worse off, I say you have not being paying attention in earlyer ages about how much better off they were then.

People have problems when things are too easy, when new research tree gets completed within days, when new map gets conquered within hours etc, when AI is too dumb, when hoods are too small etc. But also when things are too hard, when research tree takes longer, when taking map takes longer, when AI is little smarter and when hoods are bigger and more competative. Really how can you make everyone happy?

Youre correct, its for everybody, but its not about being harder or not, its about not enough space to take advantage of all the potencial of this game (GBs included) and slower battles, thats all to it. If an entire nation gets bombed, does it turn such evil into a good thing just because everybody gets hit? (obviously not!!!).

DeletedUser276

I think I heard someone say they added natural disasters in the PE, so it might be intended

Erm I havent heard a thing about natural disasters... you sure you are not thinking of sim city or another game out there?

I hope this means within 2 months (when I'll be finished with my PE tech tree)

No because you already have your thread of "I quit" so we are holding out till after you leave to release Guild Wars ;)

DeletedUser3200

Why are battles taking over 10/15 minutes to happen in the new age?

DeletedUser276

battle map is bigger which is taking more resources. This should be streamlined soon.

DeletedUser9168

Erm I havent heard a thing about natural disasters... you sure you are not thinking of sim city or another game out there?

i think leeroyj was probably joking - referring to my observations of cities with only a few scattered buildings roadless in a large green field - a result of hurricane or tornado damage perhaps?

DeletedUser11540

It's been a while since PE is out. Any news about PE's GBs, especially Alcatraz?

FenTigress

Private
OK, I'm officially SICK of this new battlefield configuration!!!! :mad:
New units with sneaky bonuses...fine, nice new things. New units with more damaging weaponry...fine, very interesting. Reducing the range of all Ind Age units against PE units...plain stupid and unfair! Not only are you rightly disadvantaged on damage taken and attack damage but you now struggle to live long enough to even get in range to get a shot in at all. (If thinking in real life terms: when one uses a rifle from the Victorian era it will shoot 200 yards, whatever I'm aiming at, it won't suddenly shoot only 80 yards because I'm aiming at a tank!!)
Taking 10-20 minutes to finish one ****ing battle...RIDICULOUS!! And yes, one battle did take 20 mins, because the Armoured Cars kept moving from one side of the screen to the other without moving forward at all...and why should I move forward and use my units as cannon fodder just to get the stupid things to move forwards?! The AI has gone from being more clever to being a plain coward and making the slow battles even slower!!! The game has gone from cat and mouse to coward mouse and comatose cat...me, being the cat!

This doesn't even benefit diamond users...for once! If you do a lot of battles and not all can be completed on 'auto', and you need to battle the new province sectors properly, it shouldn't take this bloody long! And yes, I have the animations on the top speed too...absolute pants! :p
Oh and the game still keeps crashing my flash player frequently, regardless of how often I refresh my browser, and use Ccleaner to clean out my cache and browser at the end of each session. It also takes a stupid amount of time to visit cities to motivate and polish.
Something tells me PE was NOT ready for general release and needed a LOT more thinking about. At this rate I'll be negotiating all my sectors because I don't have the time to sit there for up to 20 mins on one sodding battle. I've been with this game for a year and a half, and I'm now wondering how much longer I'll bother with it. Well done PE, nice way to turn some gamers away! :rolleyes:
For the love of peasants, FoE get it sorted out!!!

DeletedUser7719

The range didn't get smaller. The battlefield got larger (that's why the units look a little bit smaller than normal) which means that this affect all other units in lower ages. I wonder what's causing these battle slowdowns because it comes and goes for me...

FenTigress

Private
I don't think it works when you have one age that is vastly different to all the others and requiring a different battlefield. Aside from looking daft having trenches and barbed wire when you're facing neighbours with archers or cavalry! FoE have messed around with the whole mechanics of it too much and it isn't a good move at all. I know all new things take time to get used to, but it's going to take more than that to find anything good about these new battlefields and battles. Sooo slow and boring... :p