• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Discussion thread - Progressive Era

DeletedUser

Wow along with the neighbourhood merge changes there have been a lot of really positive changes planned! Really looking forward to everything.

I wonder what the new GB ability will be. Faster healing times on units?

DeletedUser12348

"Choose your side in a brutal war that spans the entire continent"

Is this the start of guild wars ?

Praeceptor

Lieutenant Colonel
This all sounds very positive - as long as it doesn't slow my PC down any more.

Looking forward to this.

DeletedUser6065

The new 'teaser' at logon is amazing. Although I am still locked in the 'Middle Ages Corn Maze', looks like I'll be sticking around for awhile just to see how this magilla ends . . . . mk

DeletedUser12348

Well as usual we can only wait and see. However, I'm pretty excited about next week and the new stuff can only be good for the game. Now how the heck am I gonna fit those roads ?? lol

( mmm he mumbles, "slip Black a few quid for a few expansions" mumble )

DeletedUser

Awesome Inno is Awesome!

Thanks Devs for all the hard work, even if i can not afford diamonds at least i hope i can help you by being a good in-game moderator :D

DeletedUser2973

this is awesome we wait ages for something too happen and we get it all at once having an excitement overload

DeletedUser1983

Awesome Inno is Awesome!

Thanks Devs for all the hard work, even if i can not afford diamonds at least i hope i can help you by being a good in-game moderator :D

With your recent in-game actions, I can't imagine how "good" of an in-game mod you would be. Perhaps try a little less to get attention from everyone?

DeletedUser914

The first tanks where produced by the British during great war at the Somme. The word "tank" was choosen to confuse their opponents. German spys came across that the British will use tanks, however they had never a clue what they where talking about: they thought that it where storage tanks filled with gas. At battle ground Germans where very surprised, however not every surprise is a good move, from the 49 produced tanks 35 didn't work. From the other 14 13 of them where easy targets, shooting on the wheels was enough to led them stuck in the mud. Just one reached the other side for a small period, not causing many damage.

If these tanks are this quality: is it worth to produce them?

DeletedUser4906

The first tanks where produced by the British during great war at the Somme. The word "tank" was choosen to confuse their opponents. German spys came across that the British will use tanks, however they had never a clue what they where talking about: they thought that it where storage tanks filled with gas. At battle ground Germans where very surprised, however not every surprise is a good move, from the 49 produced tanks 35 didn't work. From the other 14 13 of them where easy targets, shooting on the wheels was enough to led them stuck in the mud. Just one reached the other side for a small period, not causing many damage.

If these tanks are this quality: is it worth to produce them?

Actually the word tank was part of WATER-TANK, nothing to do with gas at all, nor to confuse. The german "spies" didn't have a clue at all. As for your other figures i don't know where you have been taught WWI history but you should really research the subject in depth before posting anything of note. They had tracks & not wheels (The 2 wheels at the back of the 1st Tanks were found to be quite useless for steering & were a hindrance) & the artillery of the time wasn't accurate enough to pick out "wheels" if they had any, which they didn't. The damage caused was significant, mentally as well as casualties, the germans called them "Devil's Coaches" & they took out many machine-gun posts & emptied many a trench as they had trouble stopping them & through the inital fear factor of an unseen ever before "new" weapon too. If you would like to know more on the subject alwinal then please mail me personally, i do talks on WWI at meetings for the "Western Front Association"

Danke!

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser914

Actually the word tank was part of WATER-TANK, nothing to do with gas at all, nor to confuse. The german "spies" didn't have a clue at all. As for your other figures i don't know where you have been taught WWI history but you should really research the subject in depth before posting anything of note. They had tracks & not wheels (The 2 wheels at the back of the 1st Tanks were found to be quite useless for steering & were a hindrance) & the artillery of the time wasn't accurate enough to pick out "wheels" if they had any, which they didn't. The damage caused was significant, mentally as well as casualties, the germans called them "Devil's Coaches" & they took out many machine-gun posts & emptied many a trench as they had trouble stopping them & through the inital fear factor of an unseen ever before "new" weapon too. If you would like to know more on the subject alwinal then please mail me personally, i do talks on WWI at meetings for the "Western Front Association"

Danke!

I use as source "Velden van Weleer" sadly not translated in English. The best books about this topic are available at museum stores, however this source could be wrong. That this riding mechanism was a weak point in the beginning, whatever it was, makes clear in the book. That the word tank was choosen was not a coincidence, what do you think why the British decide to name it tank? Spies where everywhere, gastank or watertank, it is a try to cause confusion. Germans had only wild guesses