• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Discussion thread - Progressive Era

DeletedUser

I wonder what's causing these battle slowdowns because it comes and goes for me...

Certain units/combinations of units/map terrain etc, as well as just the whole new overall units and maps. CPU/RAM hog, memory leaks, etc. Sometimes you'll notice it more than other times due in part to what I just mentioned above, as well as other factors like visiting other towns prior to battle (just like when things tend to slow down a bit after you've P/Med a bunch), also if you have other programs running on your computer using resources.

I have confidence that this will be improved significantly soon. Devs have usually been very good at fixing these sorts of issues. Bare in mind, with so many issues dependent on so many factors (sometimes factors out of their control such as system specs, especially video card type), it may not always seem like this statement is true....but really, they do a lot, and we often don't give them the credit due.

DeletedUser

How much time do you guys think I have? I see you have taken off the instant finish battle button at the top of the PE battlefield screen. Even if I auto battle, I am now forced to wait and watch it through to the end. This cannot be the way forward as I just don't have the time of day to play out every battle. I fear if this is not resolved, then my time on this game is limited as I will no longer be able to keep up with those that do have all day to battle. I have worked hard to get my boosts up to help and now it seems that all my hard work is for nothing. If this is the way forward then please tell me, so I don't waste anymore time in this game trying to incourage others like myself with limited time to continue playing.

DeletedUser7223

How much time do you guys think I have? I see you have taken off the instant finish battle button at the top of the PE battlefield screen. Even if I auto battle, I am now forced to wait and watch it through to the end. This cannot be the way forward as I just don't have the time of day to play out every battle. I fear if this is not resolved, then my time on this game is limited as I will no longer be able to keep up with those that do have all day to battle. I have worked hard to get my boosts up to help and now it seems that all my hard work is for nothing. If this is the way forward then please tell me, so I don't waste anymore time in this game trying to incourage others like myself with limited time to continue playing.

The Auto Finish is still there , it's just a graphics error or Bug so to speak . They didn't remove it .

DeletedUser3157

Yeah, it dissapears at times. Just reload the game, continue combat and it usually comes back.

DeletedUser8813

i dont seem to have these battle speed issues,i still do the 68 hoodies everyday takes me a bit over an hour 15 mins..all on the new battle field ,it for me is no faster or slower than the old fields

DeletedUser

i dont seem to have these battle speed issues,i still do the 68 hoodies everyday takes me a bit over an hour 15 mins..all on the new battle field ,it for me is no faster or slower than the old fields

Curious...what browser are you using? Also, do you know what video card you have in your computer?

DeletedUser8813

Curious...what browser are you using? Also, do you know what video card you have in your computer?

i have a 64 bit system ,i use waterfox 64 bit browser ,and radeon graphics (radeon 6770m)

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Well, that could explain why. Waterfox has always had pretty good flash support, and you have a pretty decent graphic card. I would venture to guess that you've only ever experienced minimal lag in the game even before PE ;-)

Praeceptor

Lieutenant Colonel
This may help some people...

PA battles are horribly slow at times, so I switch screen resolution down to 1024x768 before I start. It makes the battles quite a bit quicker. (In fact I now play the whole game in 1024x768 - It gives a badly cut down view, but at least I can play!)

DeletedUser1032

As long as battles are played out using old units, it seems fine. But doing PE battles is like watching paint dry.
I think this is the last straw for me when it comes to bugs in this game. I simply have no time nor patience for crabby programming. And no, there is nothing wrong with my computer nor with my browser. My computer runs modern video games just fine, and my browser works fine when playing other online games. The only problems that I have is when I try to play FoE's PE battles, which is like moving through molasses. It should not be such difficult task to move a 2D unit from one octagon to another, something that a Commodore 64 got done very nicely decades ago. And I'm getting really tired of peeps here dumping this problem on my hardware. Fix it!

DeletedUser

Terra, by hardware, I wasn't suggesting that our hardware isn't capable. As I mentioned, it seems to be more of a memory leak, bug in the programming that not utilizing our hardware. PE battles use a lot more resources than previous ages. This seems to be confirmed by those with better hardware not having any issues.

Regardless, the issue is being worked on and will be fixed soon.

DeletedUser8813

Well, that could explain why. Waterfox has always had pretty good flash support, and you have a pretty decent graphic card. I would venture to guess that you've only ever experienced minimal lag in the game even before PE ;-)

I still suffer the memory leak problem but i have a ram meter on the desktop so when it gets to the yellow i clear history and refresh ,but this i have had to do since i started playing the game.
i get roughly 1/3rd of the hood bashed before i have to clear history same on the p/m rounds

DeletedUser

I'm not as advanced as most of the players posting here.. but I just had my first experience of the PE battle gameplay.... I suspect I don't really need to worry about the new neighbourhood merge making the PvP highly competitive anymore... the whole experience was hardly high octane stuff, the lag for (to be honest), a low graphic, quite simplistic battle program should be a major concern for the developers, this is not a game that should require a PC with all the bells and whistles to play... PvP may well become history for me personally, as I imagine it's unlikely I'm going to have the perseverence to fight a neighbourhoods worth of PE battles on a daily basis...

But just out of curiosity... what bonus does the encampment provide (i'm sure it's probably been covered somewhere but I couldn't find it) ??

Last edited by a moderator: