• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Discussion for Easter Event

DeletedUser100341

I would be nice to have a defined end of this... it's only 3:30 p.m. in my time zone and I now have eggs that I can't place.

You can still place eggs and trade for prizes up to April 27. You just won't get anymore hiding actions except from a chest.

Surge

Brigadier-General
You can still place eggs and trade for prizes up to April 27. You just won't get anymore hiding actions except from a chest.

For me, the exact opposite is happening. I am getting hiding actions every hour but I am not able to spend them because I am not given the option to hide any eggs.

DeletedUser100341

I would be nice to have a defined end of this... it's only 3:30 p.m. in my time zone and I now have eggs that I can't place.

You're right. You can not place any more eggs in a neighbor or guild mates city. Good thing I don't have any packages in inventory.

Amy Steele

General

For me, the exact opposite is happening. I am getting hiding actions every hour but I am not able to spend them because I am not given the option to hide any eggs.

Surge is correct - as of midnight CEST 23rd April you can no longer hide eggs in other players cities, that option is no longer available. Though hiding actions are still being given hourly, you will not be able to use them.

TheWizEd is correct in that you can still trade any eggs you have collected until the 27th. In fact you can still hunt for eggs that other players have placed in your city until that date (the exact time the Trader leaves town may be found by clicking on the ? on the Trade-In window as Hippocratia described above). So get hunting folks - especially those who have decorations hidden behind buildings, check every deco in case there's still one or two eggs out there :D

Any hiding action packages still in your inventory may be kept until next year's event, which - as has been said elsewhere - is likely to be in a similar format to this year's and last year's. At least I hope it is, as I thoroughly enjoy the Easter Event.

Last edited:

DeletedUser7719

On the issue of probabilty, I'm not a statistician and I admit that the figures sound high to me. If they are based on solid formula then I am sure you are right; however a 2/3 chance of getting a certain outcome also leaves a 1/3 chance of not getting it, and 91% chance of getting a certain outcome leaves 9% of not getting it. Unfortunately some people will be in the 1/3 chance or 9% chance group.
Not really complaining, but I thought I'd mention that those stats are correct if you know how binomial cumulative distribution works. I also thought I'd mention that I also got no rogue camp out of the 7 gold chests I won (though I'm actually happy since I wasn't aiming to get them anyways :p).
the only random things in this game are the events: easter, summer event(last year)
You forgot another game changer: duplicate BP trading (and the winter event)

DeletedUser96695

Which world are u in ??

It is clearly the hourly hiding action is stopped in my 3 worlds

I uppose they should stop hourly hiding action but
allow u to hide eggs in othe rplayer city

remember:
u get nothing if u hide a egg in other player city except u are in quest mission
only the one wh get a egg form your hiding action is benefit from your hiding action

moroever, chest also giv eu hiding action
now it become a useless item that provided by game developer

to make them useful
stop hourly hiding action (like now ) but open hiding eggs is the correct measures
with that features
1. player cannot get more hiding action from hourly hiding action
2. player can dispose any remaining hiding action (even the chest give u "6 hiding package", so it beoem meaningful about chest has hiding action package )
3. player can also give a chance to complete the quests if they do not complete the quests...
4. player complete the quest do not have any benefits as they get nothing more from hiding action
5. allow game developer to clear any un-used hiding action and un-used hiding package.... clear any trace of current easter events

sp please advcie game developer
re-open quest line but stop hourly hiding action, then everythign can be resolved

DeletedUser1081

Surge is correct - as of midnight CEST 23rd April you can no longer hide eggs in other players cities, that option is no longer available. Though hiding actions are still being given hourly, you will not be able to use them.

Why are they still being given when we can't use them? Can't they find the off switch? :cool:

DeletedUser96695

Why are they still being given when we can't use them? Can't they find the off switch? :cool:

I think it is time-zone

it stop at XX.00 hour of April 23
u reach xx.00 of april 23
but i do not reach....so i still get it, but when i reach xx.00 , it will stop

I suppose..
all hourly hiding action in all world is already stopped

i think surge can prove that when he is online and read this post...

DeletedUser

No, it isn't the time zone, or mine would have stopped last night at midnight UK time. I believe it is just that the hiding action bar was not disabled last night - only the ability to place eggs was removed. This is probably because the event had to end on time and was done automatically, rather than manually, so there is likely to be an update at some point to remove the other aspects of the event that still remain in view.

Official update regarding the hiding actions issue is to be found in this thread:

http://forum.en.forgeofempires.com/...fter-the-event&p=136495&viewfull=1#post136495

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser100832

the only random things in this game are the events: easter, summer event(last year). it's just about luck, some get good items, some bad. i got 1 6 hiding package thing,2 renovation kits, 2 kings, 2 rogue hideouts and 2 shrines.

what about blueprints, they are random too

that's my problem, that it's 'just about luck'. It shouldn't be 'just about luck'.

DeletedUser

what about blueprints, they are random too

that's my problem, that it's 'just about luck'. It shouldn't be 'just about luck'.

Yes, those bits of the game are random, and not guaranteed. The exact boosts you get on the continental map are also random - you are guaranteed to get a certain number per age, but not certain boosts. Many other aspects of the game are not random, such as the amount of coins given by a particular residential building, or a particular goods building - although you are also not guaranteed to get those polished or motivated in order to get double production.

I'm not sure that there is any solution to this, other than to state that this game does contain a certain amount that can not be predicted and therefore is 'just about luck'.

If you dislike the random aspects of an event, it is possible to ignore the event, but many players like the events and you cannot ask them to forgo their chances of gaining blueprints or items just because the actual one you get is random rather than fixed. I think if everything was predictable and nothing left to chance, the game may lose a lot of its charm.

DeletedUser5180

If you dislike the random aspects of an event, it is possible to ignore the event

i agree with this. What we have to remember is that the events are an extra aspect of the game. it gives us the chance to win some new and also existing extra's for our cities. Some players get more than others. My guess is that generally speaking the more active a player is then they will be more likely to get more of these extra's ( there will always be exceptions) but at the end of the day it is an extra feature of the game and should be treated as such without complaint

DeletedUser100341

A lot of other computer strategy games have different degrees of difficulty. You can choose from easy to insane. This one has only one. Everyone has to play at the same degree of difficulty. You can buy your way through by buying diamonds or slug it out.

When I first started playing FoE I was frustrated by some aspects of the game. Lack of documentation is one. The guides are helpful but it only touches the surface. Searching the forum is also helpful once you figure out how to seach. New features like GvG and this Easter event are totally foreign until enough players start talking about it on the forum and then the game play begins to emerge. The 2:1 BP trade seemed unfair to me. Research trees, continental map combat, goods production all seemed out of synch.

So when I first started playing I was like many of the players posting here. Grumbling about things. But the more I played the more I realized that’s the way it is. Get used to it. Now factoring in that attitude I’m able to adjust my strategy and tactics to progress. I joined a guild. Which was the best thing I did paying this game. I chat with fellow guild mates and continue to watch my city grow. I beatup on my neighbors for PvP. After all what else are they there for. I misplayed and lost some stuff during the Easter event but I got some good stuff. I felt driven to complete the quest and get the Shrine, which I did.

My advice to those who feel cheated by the game or the Easter event. It will wear off.

DeletedUser100639

(...) hiding action packages can remain in your inventory and potentially be used next Easter to hide eggs then (assuming the event works in the same way).
This may change, but until we get an announcement, it is impossible to say.

Remaining hiding action packages seem to have been converted into forgepoint packages.
But not against any 'reasonable' rate though ;-(
Can't tell exactly since I haven't been paying attention to any forgepoint packages I received.

DeletedUser

Remaining hiding action packages seem to have been converted into forgepoint packages.
But not against any 'reasonable' rate though ;-(
Can't tell exactly since I haven't been paying attention to any forgepoint packages I received.

Hiding action packages have been converted into forge point packages at the following rates:

Bronze Chest: 1 small FP pack
Silver Chest: 2 small FP pack
Gold Chest: 5 small FP pack

These are the new prizes available in the chests from the egg traders to replace the hiding action prizes and as such will be available until 27th April.

DeletedUser653

I was going to complain "so if I take a chest I get exchanged on the the higher prizes for one of the lower ones" but if you look at the numbers it is pretty fair. Not nice, but fair!!

DeletedUser100832

If you dislike the random aspects of an event, it is possible to ignore the event, but many players like the events and you cannot ask them to forgo their chances of gaining blueprints or items just because the actual one you get is random rather than fixed. I think if everything was predictable and nothing left to chance, the game may lose a lot of its charm.

ignore the event and then get smashed because your neighbours get better special buildings from it when you haven't had?

great plan. In reality I have no choice whether to take part or not.

I think if nothing is left to chance the game will improve, yeah. At the very least, the outcomes should not be so varied, e.g. if player A gets 5 rogue HO's from the golden chest and player B gets 5 queens then long-term player A will gain a massive advantage. Perhaps, if once you got an item from a chest you couldn't get it again until you got every other it would be fairer. Or just have fixed prices for everything.