• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Discussion for Easter Event

DeletedUser100341

From the information I have at present, it is a bug that is being looked into and some people do have more than one shrine working properly in their cities. If any other players have got more than one shrine and can collect FP correctly, it would help to know. :)

@Hippocratia - thanks that information is helpful

DeletedUser102559

End time to give/receive eggs.

Does anyone know the exact time on Wednesday that the hunt ends ?

DeletedUser5180

I think grievances has eaten all the eggs we have traded to her lol

I have 2 shrines and can report both work as they should ie forge points can be collected and stay in my forge point counter as they should

DeletedUser100341

Yesterday was a banner day for me. I advanced to LMA, completed the quest, purchased the last of the 11 items to get the shrine and still have 178 eggs left over. There may have been easier ways to get the shrine, multiple chest purchases with egg bonuses. But I feel I got it the old fashion way. I earned it. Now what to do with the 178 eggs? What would you do?

DeletedUser15432

I suggest cornucopia's each will give you 60 medals towards the next expansion

DeletedUser

I am highly frustrated with Innogames regarding Easter 2014. Maybe this isn't the right place, the forum layouts confuse me so I ask for forbearance.

I am a player joining in late October 2013 who fights daily everything I can: hood, continent, gvg. My entire strategy revolves around fighting, and yes even plundering. I hold at the moment the world LMA tower championship and until more recently the LMA Champion of Houndsmoor (replaced by a player using rogues which I do not have).

I have sorely missed not having rogue camps. If I had them I would be able to use them extensively in all areas of combat. I would benefit even more by getting unattached rogues from my Alcatraz which I even spent some diamonds to help build. I have to fight GvG, hood, and IndA age continent battles that have rogues defending them, yet again I lack rogues.

Thus I budgeted my Easter eggs carefully and came up with 1500 eggs to buy 5 Golden Chests. To my utter dismay, I received Wishing Wells, king, queen, and hiding package. Statistics show that with 5 tries there is a 2/3 chance of getting at least 1 rogue camp. A close friend who plays the same way I do tried 11 times without getting a rogue camp, bringing his chances up to 91%.

I logged a ticket stating that there was a bug with the rogue camp payouts and asked for verification that payouts weren't buggy and another related issue. A senior mod responded to the other issue but not the bug issue. I replied back and now I haven't heard from this senior mod in over 2 days. I feel rather stonewalled on this issue. It is weird because I have also heard of players who were not really needing or wanting a rogue camp getting one on the first try.

I found a posting elsewhere in the forum showing the 2013 Easter payout of rogue camps for 400 eggs each. What Inno has done by changing that to a random, and perhaps buggy 20% chance was to create an unfair combat situation for new and/or "unlucky" players. We have no rogue camps after spending 1500 eggs in my case and 3300 eggs in my friend's case.

I joined FOE because it was advertised as a strategy game, not a game of chance. With Changelog 2.10 nerfing the offensive GB from 5% to 3% per level I felt a huge injustice not long ago. It now feels with wasted eggs I am playing a game of chance, not skill. I cannot compete on a fair playing field because of the way the Easter Event is set up. Ultimately as one who enjoys supporting online gaming with real life money as a token of my appreciation for having a good game, these dollars will not be spent because I don't like playing games of chance dressed up as strategy games. Inno should understand as well that I don't spend money on diamonds to buy eggs for an 80% likelihood that I won't get what I want.

DeletedUser

I logged a ticket stating that there was a bug with the rogue camp payouts and asked for verification that payouts weren't buggy and another related issue. A senior mod responded to the other issue but not the bug issue. I replied back and now I haven't heard from this senior mod in over 2 days. I feel rather stonewalled on this issue. It is weird because I have also heard of players who were not really needing or wanting a rogue camp getting one on the first try.

I'm not sure which world(s) you play, but there has been an issue on Fel Dranghyr and Houndsmoor that resulted in a higher than normal amount of tickets raised in a couple of days. Although this does not necessarily excuse a delay in replying to a ticket, it may explain why it happened. Also, if you had a reply on the one issue and not the other, did you try sending a private message to the senior moderator to ask what was happening about the issue that had not been addressed? We are all human and sometimes mistakes happen in dealing with tickets and outstanding issues.

On a side-note, the forum is not actually the place to discuss issues with support as these are best raised by contacting a member of the moderating team.

Thus I budgeted my Easter eggs carefully and came up with 1500 eggs to buy 5 Golden Chests. To my utter dismay, I received Wishing Wells, king, queen, and hiding package. Statistics show that with 5 tries there is a 2/3 chance of getting at least 1 rogue camp. A close friend who plays the same way I do tried 11 times without getting a rogue camp, bringing his chances up to 91%.

I'm not sure where you came up with the idea that there is a 2/3 chance of getting at least one rogue camp with 5 tries at the golden chest, but I'm fairly sure that that is inaccurate, as is 91% chance with 11 tries.

I joined FOE because it was advertised as a strategy game, not a game of chance. With Changelog 2.10 nerfing the offensive GB from 5% to 3% per level I felt a huge injustice not long ago. It now feels with wasted eggs I am playing a game of chance, not skill. I cannot compete on a fair playing field because of the way the Easter Event is set up. Ultimately as one who enjoys supporting online gaming with real life money as a token of my appreciation for having a good game, these dollars will not be spent because I don't like playing games of chance dressed up as strategy games. Inno should understand as well that I don't spend money on diamonds to buy eggs for an 80% likelihood that I won't get what I want.

Whilst Forge of Empires is a strategy game, it also has time-limited events which can give players the chance to obtain items that they may not otherwise have a chance to gain in the normal game. This would include the chance to obtain items such as rogue camps. However, the chests do give random prizes and it is not guaranteed that you will win any particular prize. Regardless of how many times you buy a certain chest, the % chance of getting a certain prize with any particular chest remains the same.

I'm sorry that you feel disappointed with the Easter Event, but it is a light-hearted and fun event, designed to give players something different to do outwith the parameters of the normal game. Obviously if you do not wish to take part, you can continue to play the normal game and just ignore the event questline.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Hippocratia: Thankyou. I have no idea what or how to PM a moderator using the support ticket system. I will do so if someone explains how this is done. The statistics are valid: the chances of an event happening with a 20% outcome (the chance of getting rogue camps for the Golden Chest) given 5 independent attempts is 67%. The chance of that same event happening with 11 attempts is 91%. I can provide the formula if necessary. I am happy and grateful that Inno provides events with prizes to add some spice to the game, that is not the source of my dismay.

I think I have failed to highlight my points that by structuring an event with random outcomes Inno has created a game of chance, not strategy. There is no Easter-event-free-zone where I can fight battles without facing rogues. The level playing field of combat is disrupted by a chance at units for some and not for others.

DeletedUser100832

agreed vossos, it's becoming a game of random chance and not skill

you did better than me, I just keep getting kings and queens and hiding action packages. All easter event I got nothing else at all!

DeletedUser

Hippocratia: Thankyou. I have no idea what or how to PM a moderator using the support ticket system. I will do so if someone explains how this is done. The statistics are valid: the chances of an event happening with a 20% outcome (the chance of getting rogue camps for the Golden Chest) given 5 independent attempts is 67%. The chance of that same event happening with 11 attempts is 91%. I can provide the formula if necessary. I am happy and grateful that Inno provides events with prizes to add some spice to the game, that is not the source of my dismay.

If you raise another ticket with the title 'FAO' (for the attention of) and include the name of the relevant moderator, it will be picked up by the same person, however this is likely to be at the IGM level. You can certainly pm a senior moderator (or indeed any moderator) via the forums by clicking on their username and sending them a private message, which may be the best course of action in this case.

On the issue of probabilty, I'm not a statistician and I admit that the figures sound high to me. If they are based on solid formula then I am sure you are right; however a 2/3 chance of getting a certain outcome also leaves a 1/3 chance of not getting it, and 91% chance of getting a certain outcome leaves 9% of not getting it. Unfortunately some people will be in the 1/3 chance or 9% chance group.

I think I have failed to highlight my points that by structuring an event with random outcomes Inno has created a game of chance, not strategy. There is no Easter-event-free-zone where I can fight battles without facing rogues. The level playing field of combat is disrupted by a chance at units for some and not for others.

There are many factors that mean there is not a level playing field of combat, and the fact that some players have won rogues as prizes is only one such factor. There will also be players who have managed to buy them during the previous Easter Event, not to mention people who have played for longer, have more Great Buildings, have more time online or who have spend more diamonds, to name but a few. To a certain extent, the amount of Great Buildings a player can accumulate is also down to chance with Blueprints, and the effects of some of these Great Buildings are felt on the battlefield.

I do understand that you feel the game has become a game of chance, but it has always had various factors that are in part down to chance. How you overcome the army that you are faced with is the strategic part of the game.

DeletedUser14664

agreed vossos, it's becoming a game of random chance and not skill

you did better than me, I just keep getting kings and queens and hiding action packages. All easter event I got nothing else at all!

the only random things in this game are the events: easter, summer event(last year). it's just about luck, some get good items, some bad. i got 1 6 hiding package thing,2 renovation kits, 2 kings, 2 rogue hideouts and 2 shrines.

DeletedUser

I would be nice to have a defined end of this... it's only 3:30 p.m. in my time zone and I now have eggs that I can't place.

DeletedUser

There was a defined end to the event - there was a countdown timer in the Egg Trader that told you how many hours and minutes and finally seconds were left. It was midnight CET or 11pm UK time, but I don't have the event end time in all time zones.

DeletedUser97883

Where exactly was this countdown timer? I never saw one.

Edit: BTW, I'm still getting hourly eggs, lol. *facepalm*