New Content Daily Challenges

Discussion in 'Announcement Discussions' started by Lady Marlena, Dec 8, 2017.

1. Lord B

Lord B Chief Warrant Officer

I stopped playing GE for that reason. I save GE for the DC, and then do as much as is left (or I feel like) at the end of the week.

The only "challenge" that makes me skip a day immediately is the "waste x goods by dumping them in the treasury." It's not a challenge in the slightest, and the treasuries in each of my worlds already have 50,000 of each, at least, sitting there doing bugger all... I'm not going to waste more of them, so this particular task should be dropped for players past the point where those goods are actually useful for the treasury.

2. vikingraider1

vikingraider1 Emperor

In my opinion, event sets should only be available to win from the event itself, not daily challenges

Migraine of Ord and Dimondus like this.
  3. Richard of shaw

Richard of shaw Brigadier-General

Word!

4. Thomas Covenent

Thomas Covenent Lieutenant Colonel

If they end up doing upgrade kits for all of last year's Summer event sets, then it would be fair to;
    - allow the basic Lv1 version of each set building as possible DC rewards
    - keep the upgrade kits locked to being purely 'event only' items

The %'s as they are right now are pretty good... since the DC's inception, I've won 4/5 of the CG set + 3/5 of the Maharaja set in my main city on N-world. But mostly, I'm just getting the fps, and I've won maybe 1 of the Elephant set!
    You're never going to be able to flood your city with sets unless you're exceedingly lucky every time you get one of those chests come up, so the potential for even a new fledgling city suddenly getting 6-10+ sets is about as likely as the Leafs winning the Cup within our lifetime... :P

5. Richard of shaw

Stop with the negative waves!

6. Macomb2

Macomb2 Private

I totally agree.....

7. Thomas Covenent

Thomas Covenent Lieutenant Colonel

Q: Why do all the Maple Leafs drink out of saucers?
    A: Because all the Cups are in Montreal!:P
    Sorry, but I couldn't resist!:D

This is a thread about "daily challenges" after all!lol.

8. butterfly567

butterfly567 Master Corporal

I sometimes find it hard to choose a daily challenge as I look at my two options and think "Really?! Again?!" or "Neither of those are actually worth doing" Where are the FP prizes? Those I can get a bit excited about. I realise there has to be useless prizes in amongst the decent ones, but I haven't had a good one for a few weeks now. I would like to see upgrades as possible prizes too, but I guess that is asking a bit too much. However, I don't mind if my DC just stagnates until something worthwhile pops up, so happy they got rid of the -1! Yay!

9. Zanzi the just 55

Zanzi the just 55 Corporal

Even when you get the chance to gain FPs the challenges are usually mind boggling. My last for FPs where in all probability you would only get 5 because of percentages, there were 4 challenges...contribute FPs, solve 2 encounters in GE, spend Tavern silver...really all no problem. But last....to finish 36 four hour productions. I have 10 production buildings built and even with them, I would need 12 hours and have to keep on top of it. I have a life too. Ridiculous!!! and to gain only a few FPs. Bye.

PS...and also do at same time as tasks in Soccer event which usually don't coincide with same tasks.

patrucio and Migraine of Ord like this.
  10. Vesiger

Vesiger General

Having an event running helps an awful lot with the 'Complete 3 other quests' daily quests!
    (I got 'Complete 33 4-hour productions' as a daily quest today; I don't think I'm going to be doing it...)

11. dragonsden86

dragonsden86 Corporal

I like the new DC of defeat this large army. Just one question could you confirm whether it is supposed to count in the win x amount of battles without losing. I have just defeated the large army and it didn't count that battle. Thank you.

Vesiger likes this.
  12. twomsuk

twomsuk Major

This challenge is not part of the game as a whole the Event will only acknowledge PvP campaign or GE battles

13. Grof Z

Grof Z Private

such a scam these dailys !!

I got Indian Fountain Challange ... with quests
    donate 120 goods
    contribute 7 fps to GB
    collect 20K supplies
    Acquire 1 sector
    Solve 3 GE encounters

Done under 3h .. and I get 10FP ...
    10FP for acquiring sector ?!!!!a nd al the hustle
    U need to balance them cause I’m writing this out the frustration / doing hard quests and getting 10FPs isn’t worth doing them at all ..
    And I’m not only one with this problem

14. DarkUros222

DarkUros222 Tsar

Don't worry, third day in a row I won "worst" prize. RNG is a b**ch :P

15. Relic62

Relic62 Private

If you get a daily quest with a donate or aquire a sector don't do it if its not worth the cost, just ignore and wait for a suitable one that does not require a donate or aquire, as the format has changed thanks heavens, in that you lose nothing by not doing said daily quest, so at all times pick the ones with the least cost or time involved in order to complete 7 quests for the major prize.

16. Richard of shaw

I could have had a new palace today. I got a tower. Oh well.

17. vikingraider1

vikingraider1 Emperor

In time you'll get the full sets. It takes patience. I personally think they shouldn't be available in DC's

18. DarkUros222

DarkUros222 Tsar

I got 10FPs for the third time. RNG is a hoax! :D

19. ih8regin

ih8regin Emperor

Pfft. I had three tries at an elephant set (maybe a lil more, some ended with 10FP that I happily spent), and got three of Chhatri garden. Can't even place for fun, who needs three? Same with sakura set, got 4 of emperor entrance and 1 of sakura rock, 0 nishi pond 0 zen zone 2 gongs. Weird huh? Yep, RNG is a strange creature.

20. Richard of shaw

Well the tower does have a FP so not all bad. I really want the palace so I can do a 4 palace configuration forge point machine. It will look nice too.

DarkUros222 and vikingraider1 like this.