• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

New Content Daily Calculation Time Change

DeletedUser

Inno, can I apply to be a game designer?

Or at least, to be a change manager? Cuz you lack severily in both areas.

I guess you were looking to announce something to keep your mods busy. ;-)

SIMPLE SOLUTION: A newly acquired sector is protected for 24 hours. Period. That fixes the GvG timer issue. It spreads the activity over the entire day and not all at the same time.

DeletedUser104555

We all got screwed and i bet none of us enjoyed it

You missed something.. it's called SHIELDS

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser97579

I believe the main bone of contention is the fact that the sector protection is to be lifted when a large majority of your paying players (those out earning money that will buy diamonds) will not be around.
Would it not make sense to move the computationally heavy things to sometime during the day - and leave the sector protection/release to a time when more people are likely to be available. Such as 8pm? If the guild rankings/tables aren't updated until the following day I'm quite sure people wouldn't be as upset as they are with the currently proposed solution.

Out of curiosity - on all the worlds this has been announced - how has the reaction been? ... Overwhelmingly in favour, or somewhat the opposite?

DeletedUser15319

Another game changing decision by a company that seems set on ignoring players input or opinions. They did the same with grepolis. Made it too expensive to play and had the audacity to call it free. Good communication with the players there also. Despite petitions etc etc, just ignored. Very sad to see. GvG is ruined for the majority unfortunately.

DeletedUser

Yep I agree, this is a UK server and what an ill thought out solution, as lots have already mentioned, stop messing around and sort the core issue.

DeletedUser100832

I simply don't believe it. In Houndsmoor, all the fighting takes place on timer, due to the tactics of hanseatic league

now, effectively, I cannot fight in GvG at all, as I am at work mon-fri and at the swimming pool sat

DeletedUser108167

Err... decision makers (if you ever look in), how will you handle a very heavy load at weekends when most of the "diamond-money-earners" could well be fighting GvG, having negotiated a bit of free time with family and friends in return for free time in the evenings or whenever they are usually wasting their lives playing a game such as this?
I think another visit to the drawing board is in order :D

DeletedUser16000

It is clear that you have three problems to balance: 1) You need to do the reset calculations when most players are involved. That is clearly at GvG reset. 2) Most players in Europe and the US can not be on for a reset unless it is about 8PM GMT. Other times are work hours in Europe and sleep time in the US. 3) It is also clear that your reset time server maintenance team is not the best which is why you are trying to switch reset time to European daytime hours.
A the reactions to this thread have shown, the obvious solution is NOT got go to a European daytime reset. The best solution is to get your best server maintainers to work an evening shift and be present at the regular 8PM GMT.

DeletedUser11899

Out of curiosity - on all the worlds this has been announced - how has the reaction been? ... Overwhelmingly in favour, or somewhat the opposite?

...on .es server overwhelmingly against. A very few players are for basically because they have all day long to play, of course.

South american players registered on .es server (because it was the first spanish-spoken FoE server launched on May 2012) are the most discriminated, like US ppl playing here.

DeletedUser100555

Nothing stopping everyone from fighting at their usual time unless I have missed something. That does mean the server loading issues would continue to be a problem though as this is clearly a move to encourage guilds to use a more varied fight time strategy.

Doesn't leave a lot of time to recruit units for defence.

car54

Private
Thank you Inno I hope this will alleviate the crashes and lag problems in the evenings.
Changing the reset time will only affect guilds that use it to their advantage, tbh I don't care, I'm here to play the game
There is to much emphasis fighting at reset, this will distribute attacks over a larger time-frame and make it suitable for more players
Reset is a difficult time for some, and easier for others.
This will be better for GvG as it will be played and fought over a wider time-span making it available to more players
- No more hiding behind shields ( no more drop and cap sectors )
- Guilds will be able to determine the best fight times for them ( as most smaller guilds do atm )
This will no doubt change the way we are accustomed to fighting GvG.
If this resolves the evening fiasco, do it.
I would leave the game because of all the reset problems, lag, failed sieges, waste of goods, crashing mid battle to name a few. Changing the reset time is a brilliant idea which will make the game more interesting and competitive. Its time to think outside the box gentlemen, :)

Best regards and keep up the great work
Jax

Well said, Jax.

DeletedUser5457

i have now given my notice at work just so i can be online playing a game at 10 in the morning. damm i really didnt mean to do that, second thoughts !! i am sorry to say i will also be leaving FOE because it now clashes with jeremy kyle !!! #totalcrap

DeletedUser100832

why not just do the following

-no more protection
-when a sector is taken, 7 random def armies are placed by default in addition to the siege army
-slots can be unlocked, and armies placed to replace these random armies
-at next timer, the random def armies vanish

DeletedUser5180

Thank you Inno I hope this will alleviate the crashes and lag problems in the evenings.
Changing the reset time will only affect guilds that use it to their advantage, tbh I don't care, I'm here to play the game
There is to much emphasis fighting at reset, this will distribute attacks over a larger time-frame and make it suitable for more players
Reset is a difficult time for some, and easier for others.
This will be better for GvG as it will be played and fought over a wider time-span making it available to more players
- No more hiding behind shields ( no more drop and cap sectors )
- Guilds will be able to determine the best fight times for them ( as most smaller guilds do atm )
This will no doubt change the way we are accustomed to fighting GvG.
If this resolves the evening fiasco, do it.
I would leave the game because of all the reset problems, lag, failed sieges, waste of goods, crashing mid battle to name a few. Changing the reset time is a brilliant idea which will make the game more interesting and competitive. Its time to think outside the box gentlemen, :)

Best regards and keep up the great work
Jax

obviously you don't understand the basics of gvg fully

DeletedUser

What is the point in having servers in different time zone if they do not reflect the leisure time of that zone. Many players have sort out this EN7, because it is on GMT. Put the time calc back to the GMT evening slot. For once I agree with Pawelp nobody buy diamonds in EN7 until the clock is put back.

DeletedUser5180

What is the point in having servers in different time zone if they do not reflect the leisure time of that zone. Many players have sort out this EN7, because it is on GMT. Put the time calc back to the GMT evening slot. For once I agree with Pawelp nobody buy diamonds in EN7 until the clock is put back.

welcome to the forums

if anyone agrees with no more diamonds please view this thread here

DeletedUser99363

Wow this is a negative -1 or shall i say -1000, Please listen to the community of players adn revert this change as quickly as possible, You have just killed GvsG

Only those retired or hoemworkers willl be on at 10am GMT time when everybody else will be working at this time like most of the world does, so only the select few guilds that have players avaiaible will be able to step on Guild secotrs and take them with no resistance, Totally ruin the fun GvsG is

Terrible decision here
The nails are being put in the coffin as we speak on my gameplay

DeletedUser16126

The worst thing is... The disaster yesterday was caused by INNO theirselves!
The issue was caused by the high activity in the evening.
What caused that high activity in the evening?
RIGHT, It was caused because INNO didn't care about FoE and forgot to unlock the event in the morning and only did it in the afternoon.
So there was no way for players to do part of the event during lunchtime.
So everyone gathered together in the evening to rush on the event.
Please let more experienced leaders join FoE. Stopping after the first "why" and jump to stupid decisions is really something for junior developers. If this is the mentality then FoE will go down quickly!