• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

New Content Daily Calculation Time Change

. ICE .

Chief Warrant Officer
update :
i have effectively quit , as of today .
I can no longer effectively strategise my guilds GvG efforts , and so my main reason to continue playing has now been taken away .
I am at work 6/7 days at new calc time , so this has ruined game completely for me .

Lets face it , it was broken anyway , with all the issues GvG has , plus the crazy GB level point imbalance .
Now my last reason to continue is gone !

To all , friends ,( and enemies ) ... its been a blast !
cya around .

Thanks Inno .
I hope you lose a lot more players over this.
It will be what you deserve.

DeletedUser5180

update :
I can no longer effectively strategise my guilds GvG efforts , and so my main reason to continue playing has now been taken away .
I am at work 6/7 days at new calc time , so this has ruined game completely for me .

Lets face it , it was broken anyway , with all the issues GvG has , plus the crazy GB level point imbalance .

cya around .

Thanks Inno .

i never came across you in the game, only this forum, but note you've been around almost 3 years which as i know personally will have been a lot of devotion and time given on your part to your guild.

sad to see another of the 'originals' depart.... good luck to you matey

well done INNO

DeletedUser99235

The whole thing shows how little INNO actualy care about its members... The post was made at 4pm thier time on a friday , what? 1 hour before they all are off for the weekend? Yeah INNO that realy shows your doing it to be 'more avalible if problems accur'!!!

Notice how we're seven pages now and not a single reply from anyone assosiated with inno??

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser96869

The whole thing shows how little INNO actualy care about its members... The post was made at 4pm thier time on a friday , what? 1 hour before they all are off for the weekend? Yeah INNO that realy shows your doing it to be 'more avalible if problems accur'!!!

Notice how we're seven pages now and not a single reply from anyone assosiated with inno??

AT, all you would get is the usual Ctrl+C, Ctrl+V reply from inno. Masking a problem by annoying 90% of the players seems a kneejerk and naive decision.

DeletedUser5180

i used the word bollocks over 7 hours ago on this thread.

no-way would this thread be unread by the mods, but they do not have a clue what to do or say because they have not even given themselves 24 hrs to deal with any backlash........ if they edit my post or ban me then that shows they are reading it but are ignoring us so it has remained unedited so it looks like they are not here. my respect for the CCM's has evaporated

puppets on a string and pinochio has left the building

DeletedUser99235

Yep your right.
OVERTYPE is the mod here, he is clearly online as his profile is showing him online .....

DeletedUser16026

Rest assured that the thread is read and all feedback is passed along. However, there is not much to say at this time. There are certainly other ways to approach the performance issues with the calc time, and they're all still considered. But it was important to make an effective quick change on the matter and unfortunately that didn't leave space for advance notice. Sadly none of the other options could have been executed in a quick manner.

No one is being ignored, we're making your opinions known. And while that may not seem like much, for the time being it's the best we can do.

DeletedUser653

Guys just remember INNO has shafted the mods as players and as mods. I cannot blame the mods for this but Inno has really screwed up this time with just about the worst way to deal with overloading which shows that they have zero thoughts or regard to players in the game and just want to move a support point (GvG reset 8pm) to a 9-5 time when they have more people around, if they justify it by saying less players will be playing at reset then that really shows how much they think of the players who pay their salaries.

INNO you have the worst regard for your customers of any business I buy goods or services from and unless this is reversed I see no point in saying in FOE.

DeletedUser10454

Not good, don't see much point continuing. GvG was the only reason I spent diamonds.

The Tominator

Sergeant
update :

cya around .

Thanks Inno .

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO please don't leave me here on my own

DeletedUser5180

Yep your right.
OVERTYPE is the mod here, he is clearly online as his profile is showing him online .....

correct me if i'm wrong but Overtype is a mod which is a voluntary post, i was referring to PAID employees

after re-reading my post i see i did not make that clear so i apologise as i posted on another thread around the same time and used the term CCM so thought i'd done so here also.

DeletedUser103987

Copy - Paste - Disappoint

Rest assured that the thread is read and all feedback is passed along. However, there is not much to say at this time. There are certainly other ways to approach the performance issues with the calc time, and they're all still considered. But it was important to make an effective quick change on the matter and unfortunately that didn't leave space for advance notice. Sadly none of the other options could have been executed in a quick manner.

No one is being ignored, we're making your opinions known. And while that may not seem like much, for the time being it's the best we can do.

You probably would have been better off not replying until Monday - now we all know this was a last minute thought on a Friday afternoon that was thrown before everyone went home and stopped caring about the community.

There was no thought for the user, we've survived goodness knows how long under the old conditions and done well enough, we could have waited one more weekend.

This now fully makes me want to drop the game and I fully wish I never invested the money I did into this game, this shows what devs truly see us members as - expendable.

DeletedUser

I'm a little confused because calc doesn't actually take that long. Why didn't they just introduce a 5min GvG down period at reset if needed?

That being said I'm sure we will all adapt and those that always fought after 8pm will continue to do so and in the big scheme of things those around at 10am were always able to fight if they wanted and the only restriction tended to be that there wasn't enough guild members to join them. I'd be interested to know if it is the GvG fighting that causes the problem or the calculation because moving the reset period is not likely to move when fights occur for the majority as that is when they are available to be online.

The real down side is the filling of defence slots as if you continue to fight at 8pm or later you won't have 24hrs to generate troops to fill them.

Well, not as many people will be able to be on at the new calculation time. The new time falls early in the work day for most people in the Uk and between 2 am and 5 am for people in the United States, and this is a UK/US server for english speaking people, so why make it harder on that groupl of people. So, there should be far fewer players on at reset, which i suspect is half the reason they chose this time. The other half of the reason may be that inno will be at the office during recalculation. With this many people having unable to be around at reset, it will make it much tougher for guilds to defend their sectors. I think this is a terrible and lazy decision that MrBeef summed up well in an earlier post. I say it is lazy because instead of dealing with the issue, they just push it off to a time with less activity, thus solving the problem, without any real work. A better solution would have been: instead of giving a sector protection until reset give a new sector a certain number of hours of protection. This way, instead of every sector in the world becoming available at reset, it would happen at various times throughout the day, thus eliminating the need to have a mad rush of players attacking the map at the same time. It would also give more players, who are not able to be on at the previous reset time, an opportunity to go after sectors that may have been protected.

Also, JaxDax said this was a brilliant move, well sir, your standards for brilliance are exceptionally low. This is the easiest quickest fix they could come up with. Brilliance would be a simple yet more effective solution, such as just having a standard amount of protection time for each sector, instead of them all losing protection at exactly the same time regardless of when they were taken.

STBs

Private
There are many ideas in this thread about how to solve the problem so I will not post them again. I just want to say that the solution Inno did was probably the worst possible one. Please reverse it.

DeletedUser99844

calc time change

Please discuss the change in this thread. You can find the announcement HERE.

Fir my point of view it's the same 10:00 am or 8:00pm bcoz I am retired...But I think that you need to have different calc times in different servers & time zones...to match better the players need !
All the best !

moifant

DeletedUser5180

Well, not as many people will be able to be on at the new calculation time. The new time falls early in the work day for most people in the Uk and between 2 am and 5 am for people in the United States, and this is a UK/US server for english speaking people, so why make it harder on that groupl of people. So, there should be far fewer players on at reset, which i suspect is half the reason they chose this time. The other half of the reason may be that inno will be at the office during recalculation. With this many people having unable to be around at reset, it will make it much tougher for guilds to defend their sectors. I think this is a terrible and lazy decision that MrBeef summed up well in an earlier post. I say it is lazy because instead of dealing with the issue, they just push it off to a time with less activity, thus solving the problem, without any real work. A better solution would have been: instead of giving a sector protection until reset give a new sector a certain number of hours of protection. This way, instead of every sector in the world becoming available at reset, it would happen at various times throughout the day, thus eliminating the need to have a mad rush of players attacking the map at the same time. It would also give more players, who are not able to be on at the previous reset time, an opportunity to go after sectors that may have been protected.

Also, JaxDax said this was a brilliant move, well sir, your standards for brilliance are exceptionally low. This is the easiest quickest fix they could come up with. Brilliance would be a simple yet more effective solution, such as just having a standard amount of protection time for each sector, instead of them all losing protection at exactly the same time regardless of when they were taken.

a great post and rep given.

DeletedUser11899

Daily calc is about to happen:

so, at this moment, all american people on Atlantic coast zone (from Canada to Argentina) are sleeping
(American ppl on Pacific coast maybe still are awake)

DeletedUser99235

- edit - lol
Deleted my massive rant as suggestion already posted about shorter protection times

A+ very smart and simple idea

Obviously INNO didn't come up with it

DeletedUser99363

well on A world reset was just as bad if not worst then when calcs was at 8pm GMT time, so in reality this change did absolutly nothing to help poor server performance, great job Inno, alls this did is anger most of your active players that GvsG since this time is during everybody work time in europe during week days except for weekends i guess

Very slick indeed.