• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

New Content Daily Calculation Time Change

DeletedUser99588

I'm a little confused because calc doesn't actually take that long. Why didn't they just introduce a 5min GvG down period at reset if needed?

That being said I'm sure we will all adapt and those that always fought after 8pm will continue to do so and in the big scheme of things those around at 10am were always able to fight if they wanted and the only restriction tended to be that there wasn't enough guild members to join them. I'd be interested to know if it is the GvG fighting that causes the problem or the calculation because moving the reset period is not likely to move when fights occur for the majority as that is when they are available to be online.

The real down side is the filling of defence slots as if you continue to fight at 8pm or later you won't have 24hrs to generate troops to fill them.

DeletedUser101034

Thank you Inno I hope this will alleviate the crashes and lag problems in the evenings.
Changing the reset time will only affect guilds that use it to their advantage, tbh I don't care, I'm here to play the game
There is to much emphasis fighting at reset, this will distribute attacks over a larger time-frame and make it suitable for more players
Reset is a difficult time for some, and easier for others.
This will be better for GvG as it will be played and fought over a wider time-span making it available to more players
- No more hiding behind shields ( no more drop and cap sectors )
- Guilds will be able to determine the best fight times for them ( as most smaller guilds do atm )
This will no doubt change the way we are accustomed to fighting GvG.
If this resolves the evening fiasco, do it.
I would leave the game because of all the reset problems, lag, failed sieges, waste of goods, crashing mid battle to name a few. Changing the reset time is a brilliant idea which will make the game more interesting and competitive. Its time to think outside the box gentlemen, :)

Best regards and keep up the great work
Jax

DeletedUser16126

How the devs think...

From the devs letter...
devs said:
Additionally, we also need to say a word or two about something that has a lot to do with guilds: GvG. There was a plan to improve it a lot this year, but this is a huge task and our game designers are still figuring out the best way to go when it comes to guild cooperation.
They better should have taken longer to figure out how the game works....

DeletedUser11899

Thought it was an EN server...
The only english people benefiting are the aussis (It's even too early for our Indian friends)

It has been announced the same time change on .es servers as well
In those servers there are a lot of South American players playing (Mexico, Argentina, Uruguay, Chile..), so while in Europe is 10AM, people from those countries are just going to bed or already sleeping.

...I think that aussie ppl will be glad though ;)

DeletedUser104555

Punishing Americans

Please discuss the change in this thread. You can find the announcement HERE.

This is not fair.. for the entire time i have had my daily calc time at noon.. that was difficult enough, now it's at 2am (PST)
this is a crock of, well.............. My GvG career is basically done, finished, over.. unless i want to get up at 2am every night.. there was no regard to palyer's AT ALL

. ICE .

Chief Warrant Officer
Thank you Inno I hope this will alleviate the crashes and lag problems in the evenings.
Changing the reset time will only affect guilds that use it to their advantage, tbh I don't care, I'm here to play the game
There is to much emphasis fighting at reset, this will distribute attacks over a larger time-frame and make it suitable for more players
Reset is a difficult time for some, and easier for others.
This will be better for GvG as it will be played and fought over a wider time-span making it available to more players
- No more hiding behind shields ( no more drop and cap sectors )
- Guilds will be able to determine the best fight times for them ( as most smaller guilds do atm )
This will no doubt change the way we are accustomed to fighting GvG.
If this resolves the evening fiasco, do it.
I would leave the game because of all the reset problems, lag, failed sieges, waste of goods, crashing mid battle to name a few. Changing the reset time is a brilliant idea which will make the game more interesting and competitive. Its time to think outside the box gentlemen, :)

Best regards and keep up the great work
Jax

Well done .!
you came on here to post , just so you could opinion the opposite view-point to me , just as you always like to do.

My favourite colour is blue ..
Is yours red by any chance ?

Last edited:

DeletedUser4571

WHAT ARE YOU THINKING???
After last nights disaster, you simply decide well lets harass all our players a bit more and let us not spend money on server cap at prime time or fix the bugs. No let us move the PRIME TIME (which is reset) to a time that most of players are not online, most are working and cannot play.....

As Ive said often, it is a simple equation, server time is more expensive in evenings , more players online, hence it costs you money.
You earn enough money from all players that buy diamonds and seeing your expensive adds on all media, I'd say no shortage there.
Spend some of this money on us, loyal players, and do not s.h.a.f.t. us with this change of recalc. time.

Not to speak of the losses that have already occurred by your mismanagement of server allocation, and will be much more by the removal of recalc at 8 pm.
AND WE CANNOT PLAY. Most on GMap are stuck by shields.

Unbelievabe.
You should be VERY ashamed of yourself to see this as a solution to the problem.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser100555

Forge of Empires Team said:
Dear Players, GvG Fighters,

GvG is a very important feature to many of our players and we believe that the new time will allow us to not only ensure better stability of the game (and therefore better user experience), but in addition it will make it possible to react faster on any possible issues.

So important that you didn't discuss the change at all. Preparing for an 8pm battle is what many GvG players do. A lot of guilds have even built strategies around the 8pm recalc.

Totally insane and a game wrecker.

DeletedUser103921

FOE......... what on earth are you doing?

As many have said.... This a a dumb move on your part!

I will be looking for a different game to play now that's for sure!

INNO AKA CON ARTISTS!

DeletedUser106439

lol ... i'm thinking what words i use and don't get ban in forum ahahaha

are you all insane ?? who will fight at daily calculation when most of us are at work in that time and for the USA players its in the midle of the night ahahahah who makes this type of decisions i can't understand :cool: you can freely kick him out of his job lol cuz you will lose alot with this ...

if you wanna get rid of FoE just say and we will all leave lol just don't mess with us ;)

DeletedUser98174

As Australian doesn't effect me if anything its better for me and a few fellow aussie's i know that play the game.
What will effect me is all my eu friends leaving the game due to a poorly thought out move with no imput from the players.

DeletedUser99588

Nothing stopping everyone from fighting at their usual time unless I have missed something. That does mean the server loading issues would continue to be a problem though as this is clearly a move to encourage guilds to use a more varied fight time strategy.

mrbeef

Lieutenant-General
But is does affect the timings for sector immunity. All good and well being able to still fight at the same time, but if another guild/individual/GG etc. managed to take some sectors in the morning because there was a lack of defenders (due to being at work/at school/asleep etc.), then come night time those that normally would be fighting are now faced with protected sectors.

I'll hazard a guess that it will go from a 80/20 ratio of those being available to battle just after the calc to a 20/80 ratio.

Last edited:

DeletedUser22070

Madness pure madness i tell you!

Here is a logical thing! With all these new worlds and all these new diamonds people are buying how about upgrading the servers with a little of the cash they make from these games!!!!

Its not all about take take take you know INNO sometimes you have to give a little to keep the people who love/hate the game coming back!

DeletedUser104555

Utterly disgusting decision yet again Inno!!! No notice in advance, no discussion with customers, no survey to assess players preferences. Just do whatever you think will make your lives easier... well let's face it no customer service whatsoever!

The only reason you keep going with this game is because of the diamonds that players purchase - let's face it you don't work for the fun of it - you are making money. These diamonds are purchased with hard earned real-life money for most. That means that the biggest customers that you should be trying to provide something of a service to are those that work. As 80% of workers in the UK (this is supposed to me the EU server after all) work during the day the only thing this achieves is making it a game for either those that don't work or those that live in Australia.

You don't even have the decency to get the App working with chat or GvG before you do this so that workers have slight chance - no you just don't care about the customer at all.

I trust i will get a refund of my purchase from this morning because what a waste of money that was. In fact this is such a big game changer that I'm not sure there is any point in continuing to play at all. You should provide a full refund of all moneys invested in the last month as you clearly didn't do this overnight and you have been taking our money dishonestly in the full knowledge that you were going to ruin the game!

:mad:

I totally agree.. I spent a lot of money to get my new guild off the ground this past month and as the main GvG fighter in my guild FoE basically killed my guild.. i have to wake up at 2am now :'(

DeletedUser99235

INNO STAFF 1 : duuurrr .... soo the game is lagging at 8pm..... what shall we do???? :confused:
INNO STAFF 2 : I KNOW LETS MOVE IT TO 10AM!!! :rolleyes:

as everyone has previously said what on earth are you doing?

So Players ... Can we ALL be here at 10am on the day things change and attack anyone! your frinds your allies ANYONE and cause the game to lag again? Therefore showing the dumb INNO workers that a change of time IS NOT A FIX!!!