• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

New Content Daily Calculation Time Change

DeletedUser98639

Please discuss the change in this thread. You can find the announcement HERE.

. ICE .

Chief Warrant Officer
:mad:

A total game changer , without regard for player base or consultation .!

thanks very much ..NOT.

you fail to find a solution for all the problems of lag etc at the standard calc time weve always had , ...and instead choose a time which no doubt will mean far less players can be around for the crucial calc ,timing , therefore penalising many of us whos game time is (uk ) evening based.

Another step in the wrong direction for me.

Last edited:

bilboman

Corporal
Not very friendly to North American players either. This change was not very well thought through (again).

DeletedUser108167

This is like taking a sledgehammer to crack a nut!
And what will you do WHEN things go wrong again... use a bomb to remove a molehill?

DeletedUser103987

Congratulations on ruining the game.

This change here has successfully ruined the game for myself and anyone else working in the UK, this also effects NA players and others in these timezones.
I myself will now probably be removed from maps on a daily basis because I won't be able to defend myself, I'll be in the middle of a mornings work. The whole point of me playing the game was I had a few hours in the evening which I needed to fill and now I get to fill it with watching me be removed from the map?

I will admit to spending my fair share of money on this game but it is now clearly a waste, I myself will no longer be able to find any enjoyment in the game and will only be "useful" as a farmer where I can come home to see others burnt my goods.

This is possibly the worst change I have seen to date and will probably be the last change I see, astonishing.

DeletedUser16126

The easiest solution for INNO, a disaster for the players...
8pm was a time where most players Europe an US could be online, 10am is only a good time for chinese or australian people.

DeletedUser99616

Whos bright idea was this? Are they being serious or is Jeremy Beadle lurking in the wings!
CALC AT THE START OF THE WORKING DAY! Are you for real?
This is a joke, Inno need to fix there game rather than going round the houses!
You are on the verge of losing lots of customers!
Pete - AA
East Nagach x

DeletedUser16126

I thought they were thinking of making GvG more attractive. This is just killing GvG!
I would prefer to keep on with the crappy GvG rather than having this kind of game-killers!

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser9614

Excessive pointlessness and stupidity. The guilds that worked hard to collect a good team that can fight after work during the evening, now are screwed.

In summary: what on earth are you doing?

Why such a primitive move?

I see. This is what is called a new "feature." Excellent way of introducing new "features" to this game.

I WILL NOT BUY DIAMONDS. I WILL ADVISE ALL DIAMOND PLAYERS THAT I KNOW ON EN7 NOT TO BUY DIAMONDS.

Btw. Nice timing announcing this with the new event. Make it a little worse and less noticeable.

What about testing it on beta huh?

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser103988

No Customer Service at all Inno!!!!

Utterly disgusting decision yet again Inno!!! No notice in advance, no discussion with customers, no survey to assess players preferences. Just do whatever you think will make your lives easier... well let's face it no customer service whatsoever!

The only reason you keep going with this game is because of the diamonds that players purchase - let's face it you don't work for the fun of it - you are making money. These diamonds are purchased with hard earned real-life money for most. That means that the biggest customers that you should be trying to provide something of a service to are those that work. As 80% of workers in the UK (this is supposed to me the EU server after all) work during the day the only thing this achieves is making it a game for either those that don't work or those that live in Australia.

You don't even have the decency to get the App working with chat or GvG before you do this so that workers have slight chance - no you just don't care about the customer at all.

I trust i will get a refund of my purchase from this morning because what a waste of money that was. In fact this is such a big game changer that I'm not sure there is any point in continuing to play at all. You should provide a full refund of all moneys invested in the last month as you clearly didn't do this overnight and you have been taking our money dishonestly in the full knowledge that you were going to ruin the game!

DeletedUser5180

Wait until guilds that have spent 1000's of goods start losing sectors as they can't be online to protect them......

Prepare for all out chaos here

There have been many many poor decisions made in this game.... This is the mother of them all and the one that will kill this game

Inno, you have less than 24 hours to come up with something or this game is doomed

Doomed as in dead, kaput, buried, FoE no more

I now realise that your recent letter to us was a waste of someone's time spent typing it as its all bollocks

I'll take my forum ban for saying that but I speak my mind

DeletedUser16126

I had some hope after the letter, but this stupid decision is just proving that Inno doesn't take FoE serious anymore.
The current devs are not capable to solve issues, so they just try to get a workaround.
There is no innovation on FoE at all for almost a whole year, just reclycling things they made in the past. And adding a few new buildings and avatars...

They were even not able to implement a 2nd GB. Something they did already 24 times!
A new era that could previously easily be developed in 6 months is now lagging behind without any decent forcast.
Now they are taking a teh most stupid decision they could do...
The guys currently working on FoE have clearly no feeling with playing the game at all, so it will just get worse and worse.

I get more and more the impression that INNO just want to fade out the game, ...
And for sure many players will again leave the game today!

If the servers get overloaded during calculation, then spread the calculation slightly, E.g. the first 3 worlds at 7pm, the next 3 at 7pm30, the next 3 at 8pm and the last ones at 8pm30.

DeletedUser653

Major change for every player in GVG and yet again a terrible decision which has been made with no consultation and no testing in BETA which every post in this thread is against.

10am is a normal work period in Europe and north america is -4 to -9 hours behind GMT meaning clock reset is 1am to 6am there.

Solution not thought out and if this stays i will give up GVG and I suspect that will be the end of FOE for me.

Sorry guys but the worst decision I have seen announced as a change.

DeletedUser914

Question is, who is going to found a new 10am GvG guild first?. Mongolian warriors? :confused:

DeletedUser106685

Question. Will this time change only apply to EN worlds, or to other language versions, as well?

DeletedUser16126

Thought it was an EN server...
The only english people benefiting are the aussis (It's even too early for our Indian friends)

DeletedUser98969

Unhappy with change in reset time

I am very surprised and unhappy with the decision to change the reset time. Not only does this penalize people who work during the day and can't log on at 10 am -- but also people who are in earlier time zones/other countries. Of all the times that could be chosen, 10 am seems odd and almost random as it isn't even during lunch hour (noon or 1 pm) when people might be able to check in. Why 10 am as a particular time? This will seriously affect the GvG portion of the game for many. If the solution to the lag problems during reset at 8 pm is to have less people online, then it isn't really a solution to the problem ... Hope Inno will reconsider and take player feedback on this matter into account, and change it back to a time when more players can participate.

mrbeef

Lieutenant-General
Imagine if the authorities came up with a solution to ease the heavy traffic usage on the M25 London orbital motorway by closing the motorway during the day and only opening it a night... sure, problem solved - less traffic and congestion!!

Server workload too high because lots are active in GvG at that time? - Then let's change the calc time to when very few will be around - Hey Presto! server workload reduced - everyone give yourself a pat on the back!

Last edited: