• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

New Content Cultural Settlements

• Thread starter DeletedUser4727
  • Start date

DeletedUser108359

get at least 2 expansions asap then work from there, you should be changing your town layout almost every time you get a new building or quest.
Dont worry about diplomacy, its only needed for quests and to unlock new buildings.
Every time you need more, just delete as many roads as needed, place rune stones, get diplomacy quest done, delete rune stones, replace roads. ( later you will use Clan Totems as they are 2x1 and give 24 diplomacy.
Remember Shrines give you diplomacy as well.
The only buildings you need to have connected are Shrines and goods

DeletedUser108359

It's a good idea, do I can't help but feel it's a bit... unrefined? Is that the word I'm looking for? Anyway, it could be improved.

The amount of space available shrinks so quickly it's not even funny, and a lot of buildings require population even if you would swear they shouldn't. And can we get more options for production of the 4 main goods? 4 hour 8 hour and 1 day production take way too long in my eyes. Than again that would mean 1 hour production would give so little it might not be worth it.

Is it a badly implemented concept? No. Not at all. If anything you did this kind of thing better than over 80% of all gaming companies. I'm just saying, there is room for improvement.​

Its been designed to be a puzzle, actually 1 hr Shrine productions give you good copper but i find it tedious to keep coming back every hr.
I set everything to 4 hrs during the day and try get enough copper to run everything for 8 hrs when i go to bed.
Your 1st run through should be a learning curve, working out the mechanics of the settlement, after that it gets easier and quicker.

DeletedUser108359

Expansions............ either use diamonds ( not unless you're very rich ) or goods.
*** NOTE *** you DONT need all 4 goods to open expansion.
Only the the required amount of ONE of the Highlighted goods.
exp.PNG
So here i can choose whether to use axes, mead or horns to place an expansion. If i wanted to i could place 3 expansions by using each different item, if i had enough of each in stock, as once an expansion is placed the cost then increases for all.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser108359

The above is linked to this one. My 3rd Beta run through.
beta.PNG

DeletedUser96901

Expansions............ either use diamonds ( not unless you're very rich ) or goods.
*** NOTE *** you DONT need all 4 goods to open expansion.
Only the the required amount of ONE of the Highlighted goods.
View attachment 17478 So here i can choose whether to use axes, mead or horns to place an expansion. If i wanted to i could place 3 expansions by using each different item.
it is not sure that you can place 3 expansions

with buying one expansions the 3 other goods expansions will also increase their prize
so maybe after buying one you don't have enough goods for the other 2 anymore

DeletedUser108359

with buying one expansions the 3 other goods expansions will also increase their prize

Good point, i forgot about that, But it does also depend on how many of each good i have in stock.
I have edited that post to include that.
Thanks very much. ( old age and all that . :lol:)

DeletedUser101637

did this in beta for 2 settlements, wont be doing it in the live version, just not worth the time/effort. not when there are so many other easier ways to get extra fp's and attack bonus.

DeletedUser104719

Is this taking a long time to implement on the live worlds? I still don't have access in Rugnir, though I've been playing almost 24hrs in Arvahall.

DeletedUser104719

Ahh, moment of stupid! I'm sat in colonial, but I never researched plowing; doing the smallest city challenge, and it's a dead-end tech which only gives an expansion; I ignored it :lol:

DeletedUser110401

Expansions: I think it's playable to get only two expansions each time a new good becomes available. Each time, it costs 1 + 5 new goods, so the cost doesn't start leaping up so high.

DeletedUser4727

Ahh, moment of stupid! I'm sat in colonial, but I never researched plowing; doing the smallest city challenge, and it's a dead-end tech which only gives an expansion; I ignored it :lol:
Bonus expansion!

DeletedUser108359

Never ignore anything that gives expansions.
But if you dont want it, i'll take it with pleasure:lol::lol::lol:

DeletedUser110401

wrong
it gives an expansion and the possibility to play settlements :P
Maybe I need to check what past techs I haven't opened yet, since I save dead-end ones for when a tech is required for a quest....

DeletedUser111359

That's simply not the case...

upload_2019-1-4_7-37-16.png

DeletedUser96901

That's simply not the case...

View attachment 17484
yeah the first few cost 1 good
axe starts increasing with the 2nd expansion, mead with the 4th, the other 2 at 6th and 8th

but that wasn't the case in the picture

and in your case if you buy the 12 axe expansion the mead expansion will increase to 5 even if you didn't buy any of them

FelixPSY375

Lieutenant
how you guys get enough diplomacy to unlock further researches? it is literally impossible to build enough diplomacy buildings in the starting space you get to unlock them and to expand you need to make some of each resources you cannot get because you cannot unlock them.
sell all the roads, build runestones, complete quest/ unlock stuff, sell the runestones, and place back the roads. shouldn't take over 5 minutes.