• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

New Content Cultural Settlements

• Thread starter DeletedUser4727
  • Start date

Boorg

Captain
I think I figured out what the zoom issue is.

On my Viking Village there are 2 levels of zoom (the third, furthest out would be completely pointless).
On my main village there are 3 levels, and fully zoomed out you still have to scroll around a little bit to see it all.

When you return from the Viking village you do return "zoomed out" but only zoomed out to the middle setting, because the vikings don't have the fully zoomed setting at all.

Just tested it. If I zoom all the way in on the Vikings (still totally usable there) and return to main, I'm fully zoomed in.

So the problem is that when you go back and forth between the two, it maintains whatever zoom level you had as you pass back and forth (if possible). And since they haven't implemented the 3rd (fully out) level for the vikings, you come back to your main in the middle zoom mode.

I don’t agree because I don’t have this issue and I have the 3 levels of zoom in both City and Village.

My zoom does not change when moving from City to Village to City.

DeletedUser111359

My zoom doesn't change either, except for the fact that I don't have the 3rd level of zoom out in the Viking Village, so when I switch to it, from a fully zoomed out main village, I drop down a level, and then stay at that level when returning to main.

Not sure how you've got the third level on Vikings, and I don't.

DeletedUser108359

I don’t agree because I don’t have this issue and I have the 3 levels of zoom in both City and Village.

My zoom does not change when moving from City to Village to City.

Im the same as well, 3 levels in both and no change when switching

Boorg

Captain
My zoom doesn't change either, except for the fact that I don't have the 3rd level of zoom out in the Viking Village, so when I switch to it, from a fully zoomed out main village, I drop down a level, and then stay at that level when returning to main.

I can't give you an answer but probably support can.

Emberguard

Legend
upload_2019-1-8_16-37-41.png

I don't even get a choice of any level on Vikings. Is your viewport bigger or smaller then mine?

Edit:
tried it on my other device and I can get all three zoom settings for both City and Vikings in both Chrome and Edge. Zoom seems to be determined by whichever zoom was last used (eg: if I zoom in fully in City it'll zoom in for Vikings. If I fully zoom out in Vikings it'll be fully zoomed out in City)
upload_2019-1-8_20-58-37.png

upload_2019-1-8_21-5-15.png

Last edited:

Giskler

Legend
I have the zoom issue on iOS. Zoom resets every time you swap between them. Might be because Viking settlement has 3 zoom levels and city only has 2 on the app.

Emberguard

Legend
Hmm. So we've got so far:
2560 x 1298 - 1 zoom setting (fully zoomed in when returning to city) - (27" screen)
1920 x 969 - 2 zoom settings
1208 x 611 - 3 zoom settings (13" screen)

Seems you're somewhere within a radius of 712 x 358 pixels excess of having the 3rd zoom setting. @SirFrancis

DeletedUser101005

I am LOVING the new settlement feature.
I would like to see Egypt (I understand that might be a given!), Mongols, Persian and Celts.
ALSO, what about, when you complete a settlement, you get a person from that civilisation walking about in your town (like with Cleopatra, Van Gogh etc) - I think would be a really nice touch. And anyway, who DOESN'T need a Viking marauder wandering around their town??
Thanks team.

Agent327

Overlord
I am LOVING the new settlement feature.
I would like to see Egypt (I understand that might be a given!), Mongols, Persian and Celts.
ALSO, what about, when you complete a settlement, you get a person from that civilisation walking about in your town (like with Cleopatra, Van Gogh etc) - I think would be a really nice touch. And anyway, who DOESN'T need a Viking marauder wandering around their town??
Thanks team.

Didn't you post this before?

DeletedUser108359

View attachment 17524

I don't even get a choice of any level on Vikings. Is your viewport bigger or smaller then mine?

Edit:
tried it on my other device and I can get all three zoom settings for both City and Vikings in both Chrome and Edge. Zoom seems to be determined by whichever zoom was last used (eg: if I zoom in fully in City it'll zoom in for Vikings. If I fully zoom out in Vikings it'll be fully zoomed out in City)

Yes thats how mine works as well, whatever the zoom is in one it is the same in the other.

2 zoom levels in settlement
3 zoom levels in city
Jumping to max zoom level in city every time after visiting settlement, no matter which zoom level has been used in settlement.
Very annoying!

Zoom level in the city should remain the same after visiting a settlement.
Fix it, please!

Win 10, Edge, html5
Viewport size: 1920 × 963 (max. browser window). Screen resolution 1920x1080 on 27" 4k monitor.

Last edited:

DeletedUser108359

i get all 3 zoom levels on both in all my worlds.
Firefox with flash
win 7
viewpoint size 1024x722

DeletedUser6395

I quite like the new Viking settlement but feel that the 4 and 8 hour production times are way too high and would be much better if they were lowered so the game becomes a bit less 'draggy' and more interesting.

DeletedUser116322

my Viking settlement has only 2 zoom levels, "normal" and "zoom out", the city has 3, "normal", "zoom out" and "zoom in". i'm on the Chrome browser

Dead-Eye

General
So how is everyone doing thus far? I am on quest 13 and will unlock market later on today. Having to erase roads in order to build those stupid red rock things is lame AF IMHO and should be got rid of. That said, the killer whales are really kewl.

Thomas Covenent

Lieutenant-General
I should be able to unlock both clan totems + markets tonight...
Currently I'm running 3x axesmiths + 2x meads to finish gathering all I'll need of those two particular goods, then I can replace those with beasthunter + wool farm once I eventually unlock it.

Overall, I don't mind the constant 'silliness' of deleting roads/some buildings all the time to lay down fields of runestones/clan totems.
This isn't a "normal" city by any means, and really plays more like a giant puzzle.
My basic tactic for research has been;
a) gather all the required goods
b) delete all goods buildings, plant required diplomacy buildings to hit unlock target.
c) activate new tech, delete all diplomacy stuff & rebuild roads + goods buildings -> set overnight productions

Also, please bring on Egypt Inno! ;)

DeletedUser116572

i didnt go the route of build delete build delete build delete
only deleting is to replace buildings with better buildings
always have enough diplomacy in settlement to unlock as needed
i guess that means i have been wasting space that could have been used to produce copper or goods
nevertheless i will still easily beat the first deadline

DeletedUser113776

I run an average size guild of 12. Half consider vikings at best, a waste of effort. At least 3 of those 5 have worked out, destruction and reconstruction is the key. This has not spurred enthusiasm, but rather, has killed the whole concept for the 5. The remaining members of the guild have not responded so, they are either not doing the minigame or are spending diamonds to do so. The only reason i am still doing it is to confirm, that the game cannot be won without massive expenditure of diamonds. I am a bit bloody minded that way. But after completing 11 quests, i doubt i will be going any further. The concept does nothing to endear itself to my guild. I won't obviously, can't speak for others.

DeletedUser113901

I run an average size guild of 12. Half consider vikings at best, a waste of effort. At least 3 of those 5 have worked out, destruction and reconstruction is the key. This has not spurred enthusiasm, but rather, has killed the whole concept for the 5. The remaining members of the guild have not responded so, they are either not doing the minigame or are spending diamonds to do so. The only reason i am still doing it is to confirm, that the game cannot be won without massive expenditure of diamonds. I am a bit bloody minded that way. But after completing 11 quests, i doubt i will be going any further. The concept does nothing to endear itself to my guild. I won't obviously, can't speak for others.
Just do 5 quests then abort. It's easier, less time consuming and even gives better rewards.