• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

City plundering

Klauts

Private
Well if they fail to sucessfully attack your city then they have usually lost all their troops (or run away like a coward)
And the consequences is what exactly ? If they win they can take plunder but if they lose I get nothing? They should lose if they lose same as I do.

And the consequences is what exactly ? If they win they can take plunder but if they lose I get nothing? They should lose if they lose same as I do.
The same as in real life, if I tried to break into your house but failed then you wouldn't get anything either but you could come round to mine and try to nick the TV

DeletedUser653

I don’t know how these threads work but the city defense is terrible, Iv got great defense but it’s useless against players that use nothing but rogues and even though if you could manually defend you would take out the one legit soldier the ai activates all the rogues first instead. Who do you talk to about perhaps fixing this ridiculous form of defense?
good DA and DA attack.JPG
now this is great DA - whats yours?

Powe

Brigadier-General
And if you have a plunder proof city they get nothing, so why would the defender get something then?

Ceban

Brigadier-General
http://prntscr.com/t4lujv
this is top defence player on en5 but when i see how much space he waste on defence i am 100% sure if he used that place for usefull buildings he would lose less goods and fps in getting plundered than what he would produce in place of all those watchfires and ritual flames, so insane defences are totaly idiotic waste of space, at least for now...

http://prntscr.com/t4lujv
this is top defence player on en5 but when i see how much space he waste on defence i am 100% sure if he used that place for usefull buildings he would lose less goods and fps in getting plundered than what he would produce in place of all those watchfires and ritual flames, so insane defences are totaly idiotic waste of space, at least for now...
Yes, for sure. Better build something useful instead of a lot of small defense crap.

Epic Builder x1000

Second Lieutenant
Defensive buildings for defending armies are just a waste unless it gives Attacking army attack bonus.
Example (Carousel, Fire Pagoda, Appleton Cottage)

Last edited:

DeletedUser653

Defensive buildings are just a waste unless it gives Attacking army attack bonus.
Example (Carousel, Fire Pagoda, Appleton Cottage)
Defensive buildings for Defenders defensive % are pretty important if you plunder every player daily as at least 30% will attack you back, having over 2000% defenders defence bonus coupled with over 200% defence attack bonus decreases that 30% to maybe 2%-5%. So perversely most massive defences are held by very aggressive attacking players.

Plus you have to understand that attacking bonus starts to max out the benefits around 1100% (+50% makes bugger all difference) and after this you get more benefit by increase the Defence of the attacking forces. Just ask any player at 1200% attack if they would prefer +50% attack bonus for attacking troops or +50% defending bonus for attacking troops - pretty sure 95% would say +50% defending bonus for attacking troops.

So always good to be clear when you say Defensive buildings are a waste - do you mean Defending bonus for defenders or attackers (or both)? either way i think your wrong and that comes from a player with no Basil or Deal!!

Defensive buildings for Defenders defensive % are pretty important if you plunder every player daily as at least 30% will attack you back
Nah, very few players attack back. It's like less than 1% or so, in my experience.... Most of the time no one retaliates. I don't attack everyone every day though :-)

Last edited:

Cuthwolf

Captain
The AI does not serve the city defence well as it targets rogues first. My one performs better with two rocket troops who transform the rogues and I then have six first round shots against real units.

Emberguard

Legend
The AI does not serve the city defence well as it targets rogues first. My one performs better with two rocket troops who transform the rogues and I then have six first round shots against real units.
There are a few factors that can change whether it's better to attack rogues or real units first. Your example is a excellent instance of when it's better to hit real units first. In lower ages though the gap in attack power between a Rogue and real Unit base stats is massive and the speed difference usually results in rogues moving first. If you don't have enough stat boosts in a low era then the Rogues can potentially 1HKO your units before you get through the real units.

I'd love it though if the AI were able to differentiate between whether it'd stand a better chance of going for real or rogues first based on how many rogues are present and stat boosts for both sides.

legend9182

Major-General
There are a few factors that can change whether it's better to attack rogues or real units first. Your example is a excellent instance of when it's better to hit real units first. In lower ages though the gap in attack power between a Rogue and real Unit base stats is massive and the speed difference usually results in rogues moving first. If you don't have enough stat boosts in a low era then the Rogues can potentially 1HKO your units before you get through the real units.

I'd love it though if the AI were able to differentiate between whether it'd stand a better chance of going for real or rogues first based on how many rogues are present and stat boosts for both sides.
I will say it will be good.
But remember if they changed it here. They will change it everywhere. For example :gbg, gvg and ge
So its better as before

Cuthwolf

Captain
I am standing ready to be corrected on this but my perception is that there is different AI for the map battles. It seems more intelligence and doesn't go for my rogues first.

Ceban

Brigadier-General
still, i doubt anybody would lose in plundering so much how much he lose with wasting space on ritual flames and watchfires and other things wich are used just for defence... lets eliminate top end players wich have attack over 1200% and wich presence/precentage in game is really low from calculation, if your defence is below 1000% more than 50% of players can breach so its useless cause of that and if your defence is above 2000 so that less than 5 players on server can breach you then your space wasted on all that defence could be used to produce about 150 fps and 500 goods minimum how much you wont lose in being plundered so i dont see any way of calculation/logic to build up defence sky high... unless your obsession in this game aint to be able to say 'nobody cant beat my defence'.

legend9182

Major-General
still, i doubt anybody would lose in plundering so much how much he lose with wasting space on ritual flames and watchfires and other things wich are used just for defence... lets eliminate top end players wich have attack over 1200% and wich presence/precentage in game is really low from calculation, if your defence is below 1000% more than 50% of players can breach so its useless cause of that and if your defence is above 2000 so that less than 5 players on server can breach you then your space wasted on all that defence could be used to produce about 150 fps and 500 goods minimum how much you wont lose in being plundered so i dont see any way of calculation/logic to build up defence sky high... unless your obsession in this game aint to be able to say 'nobody cant beat my defence'.
True
I don't have single building for defense
Only those who give attking army boost too