• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

City design

• Thread starter DeletedUser9614
  • Start date

DeletedUser

Check out this design, not the best, but hey, any tips?

My tip is to use updated buildings in your city. Cattle ranches, victorian houses, water pumping station, and council houses are pretty outdated to have when you're in PME.

Also build St Marks and switch to full 1 day houses (suburban, unless you're about to unlock the PME ones)
You will be glad you did. Way more coin income and less motivation needed.

DeletedUser

I don't understand you guys.. Go to "Market" and click on "All Goods" and on the menu that appears slide down to bottom.

Well that option does not come up for me :( - Here is a screen shot of the exact same setup but at the start of my goods:

foe_startofgoods.jpg

And here is another picture but this time at the end of my goods, and nothing what-so-ever to do with Forge Points:

foe_endofgoods.jpg

Either we are being punk'd here or there must be a setting somewhere to allow it. But nothing to do with Forge Points in Offer or Need is coming up at all. So what's the score :? - different server's have it and others don't? - I Play in Greifental (EN7 Server) & East-Nagach (EN5 Server).

Any ideas...

Dread

DeletedUser109052

What ever happened to just making a practical, yet nice looking village?
While I wont compete with the production efforts of other cities, I think I get credit where I have made a legit village that actually runs efficiently.

I have plenty of supplies and gold coming in, and with the help of my deposits I focus on certain goods, then trade the excess off in bulk for goods i need later on (always plan several techs in advance so I have the goods ready.)

town__by_poshpete117-d9o5g8r.png

DeletedUser12400

Either we are being punk'd here or there must be a setting somewhere to allow it. But nothing to do with Forge Points in Offer or Need is coming up at all. So what's the score :? - different server's have it and others don't? - I Play in Greifental (EN7 Server) & East-Nagach (EN5 Server).

Any ideas...

Please try clearing your cache and cookies. It might be that there is some corrupted data in them that causes this error. devil.png

Vesiger

Monarch

Any ideas...

I think that confirms it is a spoof :-)

DeletedUser

Untitled_5.jpg

319 FPs/day city

onto 400 ;)

But that has to guarntee that you get motivated every day as SoK only gives when Motivated. And why are so many people wanting food printers?

But nice one if you get them all motivated every day!

Dread

DeletedUser9614

Good questions.

I got similar amount of Shrines as my daily motivations about 110-115 on average vs. 116 shrines present. Having otherwise Shrine without motivations would be a waste.

The food printer is needed to build up supplies that you can convert when new age arrives to new era goods by loop quests. The food printer is the most efficient building assuming you do not count motivations actions and happiness. I get about 20k excess of happy just from my GBs above 120%, and my visitors run out after Shrines, so this is the perfect option for me.

DeletedUser914

What I am wondering: if you pay so many diamonds on these special buildings, why a rainforest for blueprints? An arch works too, and the few missings are paid by a small amount of diamonds.

And second, if all goods come from loop quests, a frauenkirche is also not needed.

DeletedUser

Good questions.

I got similar amount of Shrines as my daily motivations about 110-115 on average vs. 116 shrines present. Having otherwise Shrine without motivations would be a waste.

The food printer is needed to build up supplies that you can convert when new age arrives to new era goods by loop quests. The food printer is the most efficient building assuming you do not count motivations actions and happiness. I get about 20k excess of happy just from my GBs above 120%, and my visitors run out after Shrines, so this is the perfect option for me.

I assumed they were for the recurring quests so just built 5 of them and see how it goes. But normally I use Sealife as that gives the biggest reward on supplies.

What I am wondering: if you pay so many diamonds on these special buildings, why a rainforest for blueprints? An arch works too, and the few missings are paid by a small amount of diamonds.

And second, if all goods come from loop quests, a frauenkirche is also not needed.

Chateau Frank is really important because when I do the recurring quests on supplies and coins the one thing you want is at least the same amount of supplies or Coins if that's the reward. At the moment on 70% I can get anywhere from 140,000 Coins to 305.7K. With Supplies I can't quite remember but I think it's around the same. When I get the lowest amount upto 250,000 Coins and Supplies which ever it gives I only stand to make a loss on one of them.

However a motivated Sealife will give me 200K supplies over 4 hours or it might be 8 hours and a motivated house will give me 138K Coins and with 17 houses over 8 hours and with the supplies I normally payout for at least 4-5 quests every 8 hours.

Will be interesting to see what kind of rewards you get on the food printers as they are free which is always nice :D also, will be infesting to see what a production of a full meal is. My guess it will be 1 day :(

Dread

DeletedUser9614

Some good challenges:

"if you pay so many diamonds on these special buildings, why a rainforest for blueprints?"
I will save diamonds any place I can. Rainforest is especially crucial for new age GB between levels 10-20. It helped me to get Arc through these levels when TF started. Later, the BP bonus is useless. I sell goods so lower age goods e.g. PME are pretty goods. 68 PME / day for 36 tiles is a pretty good deal. I can sell that for 8 FPs or so making it as efficient as a Shrines.

"And second, if all goods come from loop quests, a frauenkirche is also not needed."
No, not all goods come from the loop -- only burst at the beginning of the age. Ideally, this would be the long term goal to shift reliance to loop quests only. Frau is the next GB that I will delete most likely.

"But normally I use Sealife as that gives the biggest reward on supplies."
Sealife is a premium building. Shrines do not "expire" as specific age buildings. For supplies, you have to change your production every 2-3 ages. You do not have to do with Shrines, hence I do not invest in buildings that are affected by "inflation." I am not willing to spend on something that I will have to throw out within 1 year. The sealife is unfortunately not worth it UNLESS you have unlimited diamonds. My diamonds are not unlimtied and were accumulated for very long period over 3+ years.

Dreadass, he was talking about frauenkirche not chateau :)

5-diamond collection is actually better than doing quests for me from the efficiency point of view. Every 4 min my collection is delayed, I lose 1 FP. Spending 10-20 mins for doing quest can cost me 5 FPs. These diamonds can be easily recovered from farms outside of your main world.

The gameplay and several rules change as u pass 100-200 FPs/day mark. There are significant differences to what you would do with lower income city.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Some good challenges:

"if you pay so many diamonds on these special buildings, why a rainforest for blueprints?"
I will save diamonds any place I can. Rainforest is especially crucial for new age GB between levels 10-20. It helped me to get Arc through these levels when TF started. Later, the BP bonus is useless. I sell goods so lower age goods e.g. PME are pretty goods. 68 PME / day for 36 tiles is a pretty good deal. I can sell that for 8 FPs or so making it as efficient as a Shrines.

"And second, if all goods come from loop quests, a frauenkirche is also not needed."
No, not all goods come from the loop -- only burst at the beginning of the age. Ideally, this would be the long term goal to shift reliance to loop quests only. Frau is the next GB that I will delete most likely.

"But normally I use Sealife as that gives the biggest reward on supplies."
Sealife is a premium building. Shrines do not "expire" as specific age buildings. For supplies, you have to change your production every 2-3 ages. You do not have to do with Shrines, hence I do not invest in buildings that are affected by "inflation." I am not willing to spend on something that I will have to throw out within 1 year.

Dreadass, he was talking about frauenkirche not chateau :)

Ahhh my bad sorry lol :D - however you have raised some fairly good points though. In your opinion what's a fair trade for FP's against Goods?

Also, how many FP,s could you pull a day if you were producing 500 TE goods a day and also what's the likely hood people will take the deals?

Last question, if your trading FP's and since there is no process to do it, would you effectively trade PmE for BA within the guild and if so I'm guessing you need to produce a lot of BA stock aswell if your after a large amount of FP's

Sorry for all the questions just interested to see how the system works...

Dread.

DeletedUser9614

fair trade for FP's against Goods?
That is extremely difficult question. It depends on so many factors. The higher rate you offer the less happy customers you will have and less likely they will come back to you in the future. I know people who trade 1FP:1TF or 1FP:2TF (future era goods), but they have very high loss of customers, as their customers find better deals relatively quickly. Offering 1FP:4TF and 1FP:5TF, you have much higher chance of keeping your customer long term.I buy TF for around 8:1, and sell it around 3:1 to 5:1.

The likelihood is high if u work for it. If you just say on the chat, the likelihood is very slim. You need to offer all types whatever your customer wants you need to have it. Also, you need to have reach to the market, and yes this means spam. It takes about 1 hour to send 500 messages. It takes 20 hours to reach 80% of most active players for a given server.

The low age goods will build up by themselves over period of time because goods buyers most likely will give u BA goods. For large purchases like 20k or 50k goods, I usually build up buyers goods by doing 50 times trade 500:1000, so they buyer does not need to come to me with 25000 gooods to get 50000 goods.

Untitled_7.jpg

DeletedUser914

Idea for new era put this in storyline so it cannot be aborted:

have all militairy buildings and the bulldozer can do its job. In the meantime increase the amount of citizens needed. :lol:

DeletedUser14782

hey is there any point in keeping lowerish goods buildings? like CA and IndA now that I hit PME

DeletedUser

hey is there any point in keeping lowerish goods buildings? like CA and IndA now that I hit PME
Colonial: probably not.
Industrial: not unless you have few or low level goods-producing GBs

To run one PME goods building on 1-day timers, you need 20 goods of production from GBs
So with a level 10 lighthouse, Babel, and St Marks, you've already got enough income to maintain about 6 goods buildings on 1-day cycles. Add in an RAH at level 7 and you also have enough goods to run 3-4 ME goods buildings (depending on if you trade industrial goods for colonial 1:1.5 or 1:2)

Granted, I doubt you have those levels if you're only in PME (and have never sat at the end of tech). But you also probably don't need to be operating 10 goods buildings unless you're in a hurry to get rid of them.

DeletedUser9614

Overall, good layout.

(+)
1. Double road connects most buildings that require double road.
2. Several buildings are connected by shorter end.
3. Catching road corners present
4. Relatively few empty tiles
5. Minimal decorations use

image.jpg

(-)
A. HQ not in center but on side so you lose at least 10 tiles. -- look above in my layout how I am using 8 tiles of road to connect 8 buildings including 3 that require 2x2 road.
B. Oasis in ineffective building overall
C. Aachen or Alberts is using way too many tiles to be connected.
D. If you are you using many 2x2 building and there are empty tiles that is good sign to rethink the layout.
E. Some of GBs might have to go because they are ineffective. Atomium is going down because of Arc. Deal or Basil simply do not give u benefits per tiles used.
F. Do not run roads to the end of the map. Ideally, finish them with large GB.
G. There are some other buildings that need to be deleted like winter market or tiger den that are relatively poor in efficiency.

Last edited by a moderator: