• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Chat feature discussion thread

DeletedUser

I wish it could tell you who was already on, in your guild or something, and even have the option to retrieve stuff from before you were on.

DeletedUser276

the telling who is on would get quite a few grumpy as they would feel they are being spied upon. As for retrieving stuff it would bog things down worse if a history of chat was kept on the server. The alternative would be requesting the players computer to store memory on their computer and me personally am always leary of sites that ask if it can save stuff on my computer.

DeletedUser2490

In-game Chat

Is it just me who thinks the new chat feature is a bit Naff or what?

Now, im not a techie geeky kind of guy in to coding and stuff, but i expected a little bit more from the powers that be.. Could it not have been developed to open in a new window, where you could toggle between the game and chat? pretty much like this forum does? instead of just sitting there looking all insignificant,, in fact, its so insignificant that most of the time i dont even realise its there so never use it...

Probably just me then eh????

Cara...

DeletedUser7719

Yea, many of us are waiting for changes. I hope the devs can do something about it.

DeletedUser276

its something of a bonus. Use it... dont use it ;) your choice. There are massive updates coming for chat though. But it is a not a high priority so I dont expect everything to be done for it right away.

Also there is a chat thread where this discussion can go so I am merging this thread into that one.

DeletedUser3157

Just for feedback I can say that to my knowledge chat didn't become used nor replaced guild mass msges in any of the worlds and guilds I play in. Constant flow of join/part msges, short memory, no saving of logs, limited view of lines and other limitations made it too annoying for proper use just yet.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

I have not seen the Guild Chat tab used once, either.

I assume because of all the spam from people logging in and out. Also the enters/leaves messages light up the tab so people can't tell if someone has said something there, or if it's just more of the in/out spam.

DeletedUser

i have exact same issue, i disabled firewall, i disabled anti-virus, i tried both flash player internal/external in chrome, i even opened 8080 on router. nothing works on chrome, so i switched to firefox, and gess what, it works perfectly. i kinda sad because i like google chrome more than firefox but no choice for now but to use firefox because chat system is great!

i wanted to say that after last game update, now chat is working fine for me on both browsers (chrome&firefox). great, thx :)

DeletedUser8383

I think that the chat could be improved if it was moved to the bottom right of the screen and also please remove the "Player has joined chat" "Player has left chat" feature. It is very hard to follow a chat thread because to that feature. My entire guild will not use that chat because of this. I will say that I am glad that the devs did decide to put chat in the game, just needs a few improvements.
Thanks,
~Gauthus~

DeletedUser

i wanted to say that after last game update, now chat is working fine for me on both browsers (chrome&firefox). great, thx :)

i don't know what happened but i'm experiencing the problem with chrome again. nevermind.

DeletedUser

can you give outside links in chat like <Link Removed by FacetiousMike>

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

No, outside links are not permitted on in-game chat. Furthermore links on the forum should be clearly identifiable so that a user knows what they are clicking on, for this reason, your above link was removed.