• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Chat feature discussion thread

DeletedUser7767

Got to agree with klevito; as much as I like the idea of chat, it serves little purpose atm or is it a start to greater things? Also would it possibly for chat to flash whilst hidden; possibly different colours depending on which chat? Probably not as straight forward as it sounds.

DeletedUser14349

when that thing is open, it covers too mcuh of my screen so it should be movable. when it`s closed, i can`t see when somebody wrote something. none of my guild had used it so far. I seldom had crash issues before but now I have them alll the time, usually in the middle of a battle. Not dure if it`s the flash player since I don`t get a pop up says shockwave flash has crashed like i do in other games. I just can`t click on anything anymore and have to refresh. I find the chat like this pretty useless since it`s anyways seldom open seeing as it`s so in the way

DeletedUser

I often keep 3 windows open as I play on 3 worlds simultaneously. Since this chat thing I notice lots of browser freezing and even more flash crashes than before. I guess the developers plan on continually 'improving' the game until it just won't play any more. For now I can continue to

**** CRASH ****

DeletedUser

Chat function will obviously put more pressure on the resources.. and it's been suggested in nearly every single thread that ever brought up crashing that playing more than 1 world at the same time in different tabs will decrease performance and increase likelihood of crashes.. so 3 worlds with chats is asking for it. :p

I've returned to Firefox and barely notice any crashing related to the game. Maybe once or twice on a bad day.

- L

DeletedUser

I used to play on chrome but switched to internet explorer and i have to say that it's not just FASTER but _NEVER_EVER_ crashed

DeletedUser4195

Looks like a new feature is already being abused. Just dropped into my neighborhood in Arvahall to find a string of abusive messages in the global chat room, including somebody with the handle of forgeofempiresadmin. Can't believe that it is but if this is going to be the way of it then the effort spent developing this was obviously wasted!

DeletedUser

The new chat feature follows the same rules as any other in game communication. All communication must be in english, and profanity, abuse, harassment or inappropriate language will not be tolerated.

Please let us know about any players that are not following the rules by clicking their name and selecting "Report". Anyone behaving inappropriately will be dealt with.

Repeat offenders will be taken care of with an extreme lack of patience.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

+1 to Molkak for brashness in slipping in the spam picture ad to a competing game. Looks like a good game though. Hope it was worth it as that might get you banned.

DeletedUser13521

I love the new chat feature! Just got it working now by switching from Explorer to Firefox, I was getting the Connected / Disconnected bug.

DeletedUser

I generally like the new chat feature but I find myself being mindful of swearing - which I usually report as I find it distressing to read. Also, I'm finding rude comments from players which I simply 'ignore' rather than report. The problem now with ignoring them is that they could still be making bad comments but I just can't view what they are typing. I tried to 'UNignore' them but a message comes up with 'Find list in Settings page to unignore them' but when I click / looked in my 'settings' button - I am unable to find this particular list where I can unignore them ... can someone help me to find this please?

DeletedUser

Well thanks for that byeordie ... i did read through but I must have missed your post but thank you so much for your reply ... at least I know now

DeletedUser276

it is a change coming most likely within the next week to add the un-ignore feature.

Also a heads up on the chat rules. Right now its just based off of rules 3 and 4. However next week we will have clarified rules posted. Yes... ones more clear than the last ones put up.

DeletedUser14354

Pls make it moveable. ATM I can't read happiness meter or info re my GB when pull-down is open even when I've resized it to its smallest. I don't like the idea of more crashes either - I get too many already as it is.
MM

DeletedUser13521

I had a long look through forums and could not find any other threads regarding troubleshooting the new chat, as I posted before I do indeed love it! Unfortunately I had to switch to firefox in order to use it. Firefox was driving me crazy .. primarily because it will not cache many images from game even after i tried some serious tweaking on it. Decided to try the Opera browser, after 10 minutes I am already really impressed with opera, but once again the chat stops working :/. Has anyone figured out how to get the chat working in other browsers yet?

DeletedUser13521

I think it's fairly safe to say "most" people are having a hard time getting the chat to work at this point. I've tried explorer, firefox, and opera so far and it's only working on firefox for me. Seems like it has something to do with browser security settings, but no luck with anything I have tried so far.

DeletedUser

I've had no issues with being able to use the chat. Using Waterfox, the 64 bit version of Firefox.